Oregon vs. USC 2005

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

JayDuck
Quack Whore

Oregon vs. USC 2005

Post by JayDuck »

I am gearing up early for this one....I got my tickets for it, and plane tickets all set. Funny enough, this game is one week after my bachelor party and I am marrying a girl who is an 'SC grad and season ticket holder. We are getting married on a Friday in the fall (October 21st) when both 'SC and Oregon have away games, because there wasn't a weekend that both 'SC and Oregon had a bye. The wedding is on Friday night and then everyone is invited back on Saturday with big screen TVs set up in a few rooms for a BBQ and football.

I know 'SC-fan thinks they don't have to worry about this game...but it looks like Duck-Fan isn't the only person who does.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3707158
Oregon. For the first time since offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford left to coach California, the Ducks will have a wickedly balanced offense. As if Oregon didn't have enough weapons, wait until freshman tailback Jonathan Stewart runs around the Autzen Zoo for the first time. Maybe, just maybe, the Ducks will sneak by You-Know-Who when no one expects it.
http://collegefootballnews.com/2005/TQ/ ... estion.htm

If USC doesn't go to the Rose Bowl, it'll mean it lost to (in order of biggest concern to no concern)...
- Sept. 24 at Oregon - Trouble. At Autzen is as dangerous as it gets in the Pac 10. If the Ducks catch fire like it did in 2003 against Michigan, this could be the game that ruins USC's third straight dream year. The veteran quarterback factor for Oregon with Kellen Clemens makes this really, really scary.
- Nov. 12 at California - Despite what I wrote above, part of me thinks this might be a blowout with USC jacked up after having to listen to how Cal should've won last year.
- Oct. 1 at Arizona State - Assuming USC wins at Oregon, the ASU matchup will be one of the biggest games early in the season. The Sun Devils have a puncher's chance in what'll be a shootout.
- Oct. 15 at Notre Dame - The could be more dangerous than anyone thinks after the last few blowouts. Even though they can't hang talent-wise, the Irish should have the kinks worked out by this point.
- Dec. 3 vs. UCLA - This is always a tough rivalry game. A Bruin win would hardly be a shock after losing 29-24 last year.
- Sept. 17 vs. Arkansas - This would be a landmine at Arkansas, but USC is unbeatable at home.
- Nov. 19 vs. Fresno State - This could be dangerous if the Trojans take their foot off the gas after beating Cal.
- Oct. 29 vs. Washington State - In Pullman, maybe. Not in L.A.
- Oct. 22 at Washington - Nope. The Dawgs aren't back yet.
- Nov. 5 vs. Stanford - The Cardinal played the Trojans tough last year, but it'll be a blowout this time around.
- Oct. 8 vs. Arizona - The Wildcats won't have nearly enough firepower to keep up.
- Sept. 3 at Hawaii - No worries. Hawaii is in rebuilding mode and needs several weeks to jell.
http://collegefootballnews.com/2005/Ask_CFN/May_13.htm
It's no coincidence that Leinart didn't get rolling against Virginia Tech until Xavier Adibi, who was having a monster game, left with a torn biceps. He only threw for 164 yards (but with two touchdowns) against Cal and Ryan Riddle (who finished with 1.5 sacks and 2.5 tackles for loss). He only threw for 205 yards against Oregon State getting sacked twice by star pass rusher Bill Swancutt (the fog is no excuse since OSU's Derek Anderson threw for 330 yards). That's why Tennessee's front four, Auburn's ends and NC State's defense would likely give USC's offense a hard time. So by the good-pass rush theory, who does USC have to worry about on its schedule? Oregon. Devan Long, strong safety Anthony Trucks, and Haloti Ngata could make things interesting.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Re: Oregon vs. USC 2005

Post by GreginPG »

JayDuck wrote:I am gearing up early for this one....I got my tickets for it, and plane tickets all set. Funny enough, this game is one week after my bachelor party and I am marrying a girl who is an 'SC grad and season ticket holder. We are getting married on a Friday in the fall (October 21st) when both 'SC and Oregon have away games, because there wasn't a weekend that both 'SC and Oregon had a bye. The wedding is on Friday night and then everyone is invited back on Saturday with big screen TVs set up in a few rooms for a BBQ and football.
Hey at least you both have your priorities straight. I'd say the marriage will get off to a solid start.

Oh, and congratulations.
FIGHT ON!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

So I should get my invite in 5, 4, 3, ...........
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Rack your girl for agreeing to the Friday wedding.
"Keys, woman!"
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Rack your girl for agreeing to the Friday wedding.
Damn Straight!

Pretty much everyone in the wedding has season tickets, either at 'SC or Oregon. I convinced her that she'd rather have everyone there and having a good time than checking their cell phones for score updates.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

First off Congrats on getting married and selecting a woman who has college football season tickets.

But since she seems to enjoy college football as much as you do why is the wedding in the fall again? Hello, summer or mid December?

Just wondering?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Anytime between Memorial Day and Labor Day is no good because my brother owns a bar/resteraunt on the Oregon coast and he can't take more than a day or two off in the busy season and I want him to be able to spend a lot of time out here before the wedding. The Oregon coast is slammed all sumer long and dead all winter. They get seasonal employees, often college students spending a summer on the coast so they are not always the most reliable. It's impossible for them to be away from the resteraunt for more than a day or two in the Summer.

Winter is no good because it's an outdoor wedding. Even in SoCal, it's too big a risk to have it outdoors in December.

We got engaged last August.

This past Spring was no good because it didn't give us enough time to plan and save for it.

Next Spring is no good because my girl doesn't want to be engaged for that long.

Also, with a probable out-of-state move around the first of next year, the timing just works best.
Last edited by JayDuck on Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

congrats on the wedding.

mucho props on the wisdom of the fri. wedding.

BTW, my first thought was why wed in season but I see Lefty covered that.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

USC can drop a game early and still be thick in the running for an MNC. Their fans and media suckophants are by now well familiar with the process.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

didn't uniform stealing Indiana win at Autzen?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

[quote="PSUFAN"]USC can drop a game early and still be thick in the running for an MNC.

Sincerely, FSU and Miami
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Left Seater wrote:But since she seems to enjoy college football as much as you do why is the wedding in the fall again? Hello, summer or mid December?

Just wondering?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...