So we now know that the SEC was overrated...

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

So we now know that the SEC was overrated...

Post by Left Seater »

and if you have any questions then just ask Maryland fan or T Rex.

The SEC had nine teams make the field of 64. Only three made it out of the regionals. One then lost at home in the super regionals.

By contrast the Big XII only had 5 teams in the regionals and three made it thru to the CWS.

Where are you Trex and BallSuckingHomer?

Furthermore I am not a fan of the current set-up of the tourney. I don't like that they only seed 8 teams and then fill in the bracket based on the region of the country. I guess they want to have representation from all regions of the country in the CWS rather than the 8 best teams. Look no further than OSU's bracket to get to Omaha. Hell, half of the opening games at Omaha were rematches of conference games.

If the NCAA is going to seed teams then they need to seed all 64 teams. Save the travel expenses crap, it just doesn't hold water.

Great tourney all in all but 1-64 seeding will make it even better.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the way things are done either. There was no excuse to have some regionals loaded and others severly lacking as what occured this year. The Ole Myth regional was bonifide joke. Oklahoma still being in it on the final day was all the proof I needed of that :?.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

What are we the only ones who gives a rats ass about the NCAA screwing the pooch with the NCAA baseball tourny?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Nope just the only ones checking into the baseball forum now that the season is over.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:Nope just the only ones checking into the baseball forum now that the season is over.

Did anyone really check it during the season? :?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I did.

Nice to see t.u. fan pop their head in too once the series is won.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

SunCoastSooner wrote:What are we the only ones who gives a rats ass about the NCAA screwing the pooch with the NCAA baseball tourny?
If USF's baseball team was any good I'd have somethng to say about the setup of the CWS, but we're nowhere near the CWS with the Coach we have.

The only consolation to our poor season was that we beat UF both times we played them this year.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mucho,

Not tell you something that you already don’t know, but most of the major players in the NCAA game pitch their weak starters or test out pitchers on Tues/Wed games during the middle of the week against the smaller schools who are basically giving them a scrimmage for the weekend conference games. Many of the “directional” A&M and UT teams play A&M, UT, Rice and Baylor during the week similar to how maybe USF, Central Fla, etc. play the likes of Miami, UF and FSU during the week.

So…I guess my point is that when Sam Houston St. beats A&M on a Tuesday night game before we play Baylor for a 3 game weekend, I lose little sleep over it because I know this game is Sam Houston’s “Super Bowl” while it is a scrimmage for us.

Sound arrogant enough? :)
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

IndyFrisco wrote:I did.

Nice to see t.u. fan pop their head in too once the series is won.
Yeah, I am a total t-shirt fan... :roll:
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I think he's talking 'bout me, Harv...and I'll tell ya, I'm totally heartbroken. I read the place, but just like in the CF forum, I read more and post less.

I hope it's a good thing. I'm trying to keep my post totals down for resale purposes.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yeah, this place is as good as any to come in and check RTS's rankings each week. :roll:
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I dont know what yall are talking about. I had a hard keeping up with all the chatter on this board all year long....

:roll:

Ps. The SEC can suck my johnson
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.