Who is the best corner back in the league?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

Felix wrote:
G.O. wrote: and of course, we wont get into super bowl history. sorry- the broncos have never 'gotten over' on the skins.
In return for the Broncos' first-round choice (the 25th overall pick), which Denver officials have been shopping for the past few days, the Redskins surrendered their third-round pick (76th overall) in this year's draft, along with first- and fourth-round selections in 2006.
Um G.O., if you don't think Denver got over on the Redskins with this trade, you're a fucking idiot.
if campbell turns into the next daunte culpepper, fine. we'll talk in a couple of years. seems like most bronco fans are somehow still enamored with bailey, when skins fans breathe a sigh of relief to have gotten a great RB like portis for CB who cant cover anybody. seems like the skins got over on that one....i can only assume thats what you were talking about when you said 'its not hard to do'. you sure as hell werent talking about head to head matchups or history....silly me. i thought we were talking about winning, which the broncos havent done vs the skins in quite awhile.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

G.O. wrote:
if campbell turns into the next daunte culpepper, fine. we'll talk in a couple of years. seems like most bronco fans are somehow still enamored with bailey, when skins fans breathe a sigh of relief to have gotten a great RB like portis for CB who cant cover anybody. seems like the skins got over on that one....i can only assume thats what you were talking about when you said 'its not hard to do'.
Okay, what does the Portis for Bailey trade have to do with the trade Washington made this year? At the time they started talking about the Portis/Bailey trade, I thought it was a shitty deal. Why they would want to get rid of a guy like Portis I have no idea (s'up contract renegotiation), but I certainly wouldn't consider it to be "lopsided" by any stretch. Bailey is probably one of the most athletically gifted players in the NFL today, but he's having trouble covering receivers. Right now, one would have to say that Washington has gotten the better of that trade to date.
you sure as hell werent talking about head to head matchups or history....silly me. i thought we were talking about winning, which the broncos havent done vs the skins in quite awhile.
Look, if you want to take this down a path of "which franchise has had more success in the last 10 years", I'll be happy to do it but you'd be on the losing end .

Now I know that as a Redskin fan you've had little to cheer about for the last 4 or 5 years, so I understand your need to cling to that "we beat your team" argument, but it really has nothing to do with whether Denver got over on Washington with this particular trade.

They did and you know it.
get out, get out while there's still time
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

So I amble into the NFL forum for some light entertainment and what do I see? Champ Bailey?

:lol: :lol:

With laughs like that I need to show up more often.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Top Of The World MA

King of Page 3

rozy wrote:So I amble into the NFL forum for some light entertainment and what do I see? Champ Bailey?

:lol: :lol:

With laughs like that I need to show up more often.
We pride ourselves on entertaining the masses.

icsf is trying out his stand-up schtick while simultaneously trying to crawl to the bottom of the massive pile-up.......

So far, it's working swimingly.....
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

Felix wrote:
G.O. wrote:
if campbell turns into the next daunte culpepper, fine. we'll talk in a couple of years. seems like most bronco fans are somehow still enamored with bailey, when skins fans breathe a sigh of relief to have gotten a great RB like portis for CB who cant cover anybody. seems like the skins got over on that one....i can only assume thats what you were talking about when you said 'its not hard to do'.
Okay, what does the Portis for Bailey trade have to do with the trade Washington made this year? At the time they started talking about the Portis/Bailey trade, I thought it was a shitty deal. Why they would want to get rid of a guy like Portis I have no idea (s'up contract renegotiation), but I certainly wouldn't consider it to be "lopsided" by any stretch. Bailey is probably one of the most athletically gifted players in the NFL today, but he's having trouble covering receivers. Right now, one would have to say that Washington has gotten the better of that trade to date.
you sure as hell werent talking about head to head matchups or history....silly me. i thought we were talking about winning, which the broncos havent done vs the skins in quite awhile.
Look, if you want to take this down a path of "which franchise has had more success in the last 10 years", I'll be happy to do it but you'd be on the losing end .

Now I know that as a Redskin fan you've had little to cheer about for the last 4 or 5 years, so I understand your need to cling to that "we beat your team" argument, but it really has nothing to do with whether Denver got over on Washington with this particular trade.

They did and you know it.
i could almost not agree with you more, felix.

i was responding to your original post, which was "I'll admit this was a good move for next year. But really, I wouldn't get all worked up about Shannahan getting over on Washington-it's not that hard to do".

by saying its not hard to do, it seems you are basing your opinion on some past event, but i'm not going to argue with a bronco fan who can see that bailey is not all hes made out to be.

and believe me, if campbell turns out to be a stud, skins fans wont regret the trade. if hes a dud, then shanny got over. its just not possible to say if shanahan got over or not til we see what campbell does. s'all.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

G.O. wrote:
by saying its not hard to do, it seems you are basing your opinion on some past event, but i'm not going to argue with a bronco fan who can see that bailey is not all hes made out to be.
Actually G.O. it was more a post that is attempting to draw Big Daddy out in the open so I can have a clean shot.....
and believe me, if campbell turns out to be a stud, skins fans wont regret the trade. if hes a dud, then shanny got over. its just not possible to say if shanahan got over or not til we see what campbell does. s'all.
I hear ya, but just on the face of it would appear Denver got the upper hand by getting Washingtons first rounder next year (and I can pretty much guarantee it will be higher than 25th :lol:) and their 4th rounder. That's all I'm sayin.......

Personally, I think campbell will eventually turn out to be a good pick up for the skins
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

icantstopfarting wrote:
2. Trading for Gerrard Warren. Dude has all world game
You gave away your troll job right here. You had me going for a while, though, with the whole Champ-Bailey-hands-down, thing, though. Nice work.