There they go again...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

There they go again...

Post by DrDetroit »

Another liberal rag simply misleading the public:
For the first time since President Bush rejected the international Kyoto Protocol to reduce greenhouse gases, momentum is building in the Senate to begin addressing global warming.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... ome-nation

Uh, no, assholes, the US Senate voted 95-0 not to ratify this bullshit agreement.

Why does the media insist on lying about this?
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Actually, wasn't it Clinton and not Bush who initially said that the US wouldn't ratify it? The original Kyoto treaty was from 1997, as I recall.

Props to him for recognizing the treaty for what it was: A way to punish the USA. Sure, we produce more greenhouse gases than any other country, but we also manufacture more goods than any other country and have more environmental regulations (generally speaking) than any other country.

Germans like to blame smog from the US for acid rain in the black forest, among other things. Last time I checked, they still used leaded gasoline. They might want to start there before pointing fingers at our side of the pond. Assholes.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

The article doesn't say the Senate is considering the Protocol. It says that global warming will be addresses, which is true, since the energy bill is on the Senate floor this week and it will undoubtedly contain amendments aimed at capping emissions.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

No, Variable, Clinton sent it to the Senate for ratification.

Degenerate, missed the point a little, didn't you?