It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 4-27-24

Post by kcdave »

Totally off the wall first thing ....
Typing or writing the date during the last week of April
always reminds me some great old muscle car engines.

If ya know, ya know.

New Crue? Say wut?

Gonna have to let this one soak in a little.
No bad, but if it's the best track they have,
I will be less than impressed.

FOC weather is a shit show this weekend. Tornado alley
is very active. Twisters 60 miles to the north and south last
night, but KC is a little more in the bullseye tonight.
Fuckin' Reed Timmer, crazy ass storm chaser is even in town.
Never a good sign. Our boy mvs may have spent a little time in
his basement with sirens blaring yesterday as well.

NFL draft this weekend. Not following this very close this year,
but catching the highlights. Minn will regret drafting that shitty
QB from Michigan. WTF was Atlanta doing? Nice way to fuck over
Cousins. Never mind getting some one of immediate need, go
ahead and get his replacement instead.
Chiefs would rather give away pics this year it seems, and are
just fine tuning specific areas to cement the inevitable 3-PEAT!

m.o.t.w.

Lots and lots of grill biz awaits.

Happy weekend, Y'all.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: Weekend Roll Call 4-27-24

Post by Softball Bat »

dave wrote:WTF was Atlanta doing? Nice way to fuck over
Cousins. Never mind getting some one of immediate need, go
ahead and get his replacement instead.
Cousins might not like the pick, but from the ATL point of view, it makes sense, imo.

Cousins will turn 36 before the season begins.
He tore his Achilles in week 8 last year.
QBs can get banged around in the NFL, and 66 QBs ended up starting games in 2023.

So Cousins has a youngster sitting behind him who might have some game.
No harm.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Had an epidural on Thursday thank G0D. I have to go into the OR for them and under general anesthesia, so I sleep most of the day and the next day is kinda groggy. But I'm waking up this morning feeling better than I have in awhile, and very grateful for the talents of docs and nurses as well as the wonders of modern medicine.

Started off the day with a cappuccino with Bailey's so yeah. Not sure what is on the agenda but it doesn't matter, things are well. Y'all have a good one.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

kcdave wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 am FOC weather is a shit show this weekend. Tornado alley
is very active. Twisters 60 miles to the north and south last
night, but KC is a little more in the bullseye tonight.
Fuckin' Reed Timmer, crazy ass storm chaser is even in town.
Never a good sign. Our boy mvs may have spent a little time in
his basement with sirens blaring yesterday as well.
When "Ha-Ha, Grifter! Winter Is Over" turns into
*Spring Arrives Erect and Unlubed*
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

My big task for the weekend is to clean the pool filter. With the weather warming up the pool temperature is up to 76 degrees and the sun is strong enough to heat the spa to 100. Gotta go get some DE, break down the filter, clean all the elements, put it all back together, and refill the DE. Summer is coming and pool season is upon us.

88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

I've got a day of work ahead of me. Planning a nice meal and some Tune Town (hopefully) for later. Love your pool, Mikey.
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Mikey wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm the sun is strong enough to heat the spa to 100.
At first I was kinda disappointed that our hot tub will only go to 104. But then after sitting in 104, I realized that about 15 minutes is enough. Just dropping it to 101 and I can stay in the tub for an hour.

Brining some chicken now, gonna make a chicken cacciatore this afternoon. 8)
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm some Tune Town (hopefully) for later.
That's the plan.
"I see everything twice!"
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Roux wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm
Mikey wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm the sun is strong enough to heat the spa to 100.
At first I was kinda disappointed that our hot tub will only go to 104. But then after sitting in 104, I realized that about 15 minutes is enough. Just dropping it to 101 and I can stay in the tub for an hour.

Cook your chicken in the tub.

~SousViDave~
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

IN---- biggest displacement engine I had was a 383 cu.Inch in the POS '73 Mercury I owned.
Hope for tunes tonight---I'll be here for that.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm I've got a day of work ahead of me. Planning a nice meal and some Tune Town (hopefully) for later. Love your pool, Mikey.
We’re sort of going for the “mountain spring” vibe. The slide and surrounding grotto turn into a waterfall when I turn that pump on.

Hoping to make it to TuneTown here as well.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm My big task for the weekend is to clean the pool filter. With the weather warming up the pool temperature is up to 76 degrees and the sun is strong enough to heat the spa to 100. Gotta go get some DE, break down the filter, clean all the elements, put it all back together, and refill the DE. Summer is coming and pool season is upon us.

Don't you ever get tired of this and consider moving to places like Missouri or Wyoming?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

:shock: :shock:
Roux wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm
Mikey :shock: wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm the sun is strong enough to heat the spa to 100.

:shock:

104 is really cooking. Sous vide indeed. I’ll be able to get ours up there with solar heat once the weather starts getting into the 80s, probably June, but that’s too hot for us, especially Mrs Mikey, so I usually max out at around 101. And I like sitting in there for a while and then jumping into the pool to cool down, then back into the spa. A few rounds of that and a couple of beers and your day is pretty much done.

I added a small heat pump heater at the end of last summer so we can still keep the water warm after the sun goes down. Really looking forward to using that new feature. 104 is the max that I can set that for too. Must be some sort of industry standard or something.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm
Don't you ever get tired of this and consider moving to places like Missouri or Wyoming?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I recently joined a FB group called “Leaving California,” which is mostly a place for folks to vent about what a crowded, expensive, Commie shithole it is, how Newscum and the single party dictatorship and the open border have ruined the once great state, and how great they now have it in TX, SC, FL, OK and ID, or else can’t wait to leave, and would never come back. I’m all like OK I’m glad you’re happy and, BTW, good riddance I think I’ll stay for a while.

There’s another FB group called “Returning to California” as well.
JPGettysburg
Jake

Post by JPGettysburg »

Mikey wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I recently joined a FB group called “Leaving California,” which is mostly a place for folks to vent about what a crowded, expensive, Commie shithole it is, how Newscum and the single party dictatorship and the open border have ruined the once great state, and how great they now have it in TX, SC, FL, OK and ID, or else can’t wait to leave, and would never come back. I’m all like OK I’m glad you’re happy and, BTW, good riddance I think I’ll stay for a while.

There’s another FB group called “Returning to California” as well.
Remember a movie called "The Purge?" If California continues in the direction it's going, you won't have to worry about seeing that movie, it will be YOUR LIFE, as well as the lives of everyone in that leftist totalitarian state.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I thought you died and went away. Oh well.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Roux wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm Had an epidural on Thursday thank G0D. I have to go into the OR for them and under general anesthesia, so I sleep most of the day and the next day is kinda groggy. But I'm waking up this morning feeling better than I have in awhile, and very grateful for the talents of docs and nurses as well as the wonders of modern medicine.

Started off the day with a cappuccino with Bailey's so yeah. Not sure what is on the agenda but it doesn't matter, things are well. Y'all have a good one.
I’ve had multiple lumbar epidural steroid injections, but they and they always give me a local for the procedure.

Props to you - must have sweet insurance.
JPGettysburg
Jake

Post by JPGettysburg »

Mikey wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 pm I thought you died and went away. Oh well.
I was diagnosed with the same cancer that Lou Holtz, Oscar Robertson, O.J Simpson, Biden's Defense Secretary, etc.......etc..........
ALL had.
It's more common than people think. And it's being diagnosed at younger and younger ages.

O.J. had it twenty years ago, and most likely, didn't know it.
The. "Big O" caught it early, as did Coach Holtz.
As for Biden's defense secretary? Who knows?
This corrupt left-wing administration wouldn't tell it to us straight anyway.
Last edited by JPGettysburg on Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Sven Golly wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm
Roux wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm Had an epidural on Thursday thank G0D. I have to go into the OR for them and under general anesthesia, so I sleep most of the day and the next day is kinda groggy. But I'm waking up this morning feeling better than I have in awhile, and very grateful for the talents of docs and nurses as well as the wonders of modern medicine.

I’ve had multiple lumbar epidural steroid injections, but they and they always give me a local for the procedure.

Though it’s all moot now as I had a double lumbar fusion and laminectomy since then.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Wolfman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 pm IN---- biggest displacement engine I had was a 383 cu.Inch in the POS '73 Mercury I owned.
Hope for tunes tonight---I'll be here for that.
Definitely looking fwd to TT tonight.

Your '73 Mercury most likely had a 390 or 351 in it. The 383 was a Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge power plant. Just sayin'

Oh, and Dave?
426 - Dodge Hemi
427 - GM Rat Motor
428 - Ford Cobra Jet
429 - Ford Boss 9

"If ya know, ya know"
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I could be wrong---not as knowledgeable at Cousin Vinny's GF.
I do know it went through 2 timing chains and numerous brake jobs before it finally died.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I used to have a 1969 Mercury Marquis with a 429 V8. I bought it around 1979 with only 70K miles on it and had it until 1994. It was a black 4 door HT. Used to step out of it and say “book ‘em Danno.” The thing was so massive it was like driving around in your living room. Mrs Mikey and I did a lot of courting in that car.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I’ve had two lumbar epidurals and neither one did me any good. Then I had a six day course of Methylprednisolone tablets for another unrelated issue, and the back pain completely cleared up. Go figure.
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Chicken cacciatore turned out righteous.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Nice.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Looks damn good, Chip.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Mikey wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm and pool season is upon us.

I thought you are in SoCal.
Forgive my FOC ignorance, but isn't it
pool season year round?
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Another thing for the upcoming week. We're going to Jazzfest 8)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Roux wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:36 pm Another thing for the upcoming week. We're going to Jazzfest 8)
Definitely on my bucket list.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

kcdave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:33 am
I thought you are in SoCal.
Forgive my FOC ignorance, but isn't it
pool season year round?
Maybe for some, but not here. I think Wolfie (in Florida) has a year round pool season but I believe his is indoors.

My pool is 100% solar heated with panels on the roof. I don't winterize or anything, like draining or covering it. Average daily low temps here in the winter are in the 40s, sometimes getting down to the low 30s. High temperatures are probably low to mid 60s, sometimes getting up to 80 like you always see during the Rose Bowl. The pool water is high 50s to low 60s in the winter - way too cold to swim in. Some people might heat their pools rear round with gas or electric but it gets really expensive, so I prefer just to look at it. I can reasonably expect to use the pool between mid-April and maybe early November. When I was a kid in the Bay Area I used to be on a swim team and we worked out 52 weeks a year at the high school, which kept their pool heated, probably to about 80 degrees. I can remember swimming in the evenings with steam coming off the water and, when you got out, you had to run as fast as you could to the locker room and get under a hot shower.

The gophers don't seem to care what season it is. I pull the little floaters out year round and leave them for the vultures.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Don't their wives come looking for them?

The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

I ended up at the Knicks game in Philly yesterday, 1st NBA game I've attended live since, I don't remember.

The whole place booed Micah Parsons and cheered CJ Stroud when introduced as Celeb attendees, funny that they left out John Starks who was seated right by them.

Brunson is a beast, Embid has no legs, but is still amazing.

NY took over the arena as well, was great hearing the NY crowd drown out the Philly folks. I still hate James Dolan, but will always root for the Knickerbockers.

A good time was had by all in our group.

Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Mikey wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 pm

I’ve had two lumbar epidurals and neither one did me any good. Then I had a six day course of Methylprednisolone tablets for another unrelated issue, and the back pain completely cleared up. Go figure.
Injections never worked for me either.

Maybe I'll try the Methylprednisolone as my back is flaring up again even after the fusions.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Those Medrol packs can do wonders. I pretty much lived on them for 20 years. I’m lucky my bones aren’t brittle as hell.