Neighborhood Pets

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Neighborhood Pets

Post by Sudden Sam »

My son’s area. The little one is about 10’. Big boy is around 15’.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Neighborhood Pets

Post by Mikey »

:shock:

Flor Ida?
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Mikey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:03 pm :shock:

Flor Ida?
You got it!

Heaven on earth.

Ponds scattered all thru the neighborhood(s). Gators in most of them.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Good. I hope they attack and death spiral every neighborhood dog into the adjacent pond.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Ken wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:41 pm Good. I hope they attack and death spiral every neighborhood dog into the adjacent pond.
You are sick
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

No diversity allowed in that part of Floriduh.

Just gators…no crocs.

Ken wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:41 pm Good. I hope they attack and death spiral every neighborhood dog into the adjacent pond.
Ken’s Muslim?!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:44 pm
You are sick
By 'sick', do you mean, 'Dude, that was totally sick!' or 'Hey man, you feeling ok? You look pale.'?
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Sudden Sam wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:11 pm
Mikey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:03 pm :shock:

Flor Ida?
You got it!

Heaven on earth.

Yeah, right.

I went to high school for a semester in Miami. And that's the nice part of Florida. The only thing that made it bearable was being able to drive up to Sebastian Inlet and go surfing. That and the blow was only $25 a gram at Haulover Beach in Miami. Nothing like getting in the water in December and having it be 82°in the water. Too funny.

A warm water day in The City and the North Coast is 54° in the water.

The first time I surfed in Florida I got wax all over my chest cuz I didn't have to wear a wetsuit. At least they had waves at Sebastian inlet. Just a few hour drive north from Miami. And the Latin girls love white guys from California. I do remember that.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Ken wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:53 pm By 'sick', do you mean, 'Dude, that was totally sick!' or 'Hey man, you feeling ok? You look pale.'?
Sick in the head. What kind of sick fuck wants dogs murdered by gators? I get not jiving with America's new "I can bring my dog anywhere" attitude to dog rearing, but wanting gators to eat dogs is terrible.

Just sayin'.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:16 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:53 pm By 'sick', do you mean, 'Dude, that was totally sick!' or 'Hey man, you feeling ok? You look pale.'?
Sick in the head. What kind of sick fuck wants dogs murdered by gators? I get not jiving with America's new "I can bring my dog anywhere" attitude to dog rearing, but wanting gators to eat dogs is terrible.

Just sayin'.
You've probably never lived next door to a dog that comes up to the fence and starts barking every time you walk out your front door or try to do some work in the yard.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:27 pm You've probably never lived next door to a dog that comes up to the fence and starts barking every time you walk out your front door or try to do some work in the yard.
True, I have not.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Just sayin'.
Ahhhh, thanks for clarifying. I totally missed that insinuation.
Oh and, it's not murder. It's an apex predator making the most of an opportunity. Nothing more. Dogs are not human, nor should they be equated to them... which you are doing.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Mikey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:27 pm

Just sayin'.
You've probably never lived next door to a dog that comes up to the fence and starts barking every time you walk out your front door or try to do some work in the yard.
Well, that, and it is quite annoying. Hell, in years' past, I've been kept awake at 2AM by neighbor's beagles left outside on their leash overnight. In the pitch black darkness, I launched pieces of firewood in their direction with the sincere hopes of hitting them.

My daughter, at 22 yrs old, still has scars on her face from being attacked by a dog at 7 yrs old. I also was lucky enough to be reasonably close in my yard when the aggressive german shepherd from the POS shit neighbors across the street charged full speed at my son, gums showing and hackles up. I've never run any faster in my life than I did at that time towards my son.

This all, in a bucolic, suburban neighborhood.

Fuck dogs. Fuck anyone who thinks dogs=humans. That apparently includes you, SM. So... fuck you too.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:41 pm
Mikey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:27 pm You've probably never lived next door to a dog that comes up to the fence and starts barking every time you walk out your front door or try to do some work in the yard.
True, I have not.
This is a small dog with a loud piercing bark that sounds like you're being scolded. We can be in our bedroom (unfortunately our house, even though on an acre, is close to the fence) and open the window in the morning, the dog will hear that and stand at the fence barking its head off. If I saw it alone on the street I would not hesitate for a moment to run it over.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Well this has deteriorated to a rather depressing level.

Of course there are shitty dogs, but jeez, guys, let’s not relegate them all to gator feed.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Sudden Sam wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:36 pm Well this has deteriorated to a rather depressing level.

Of course there are shitty dogs, but jeez, guys, let’s not relegate them all to gator feed.
Okay, then I'm good with relegating them all to Mikey running them over rather than gator prey.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

On the bright side, we don't need to worry about Screwy running over dogs with his car.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

https://www.aol.com/11-foot-750-pound-b ... 00120.html

Alligators in New York?
11-foot, 750-pound alligator seized from Hamburg, NY, home

Visitors were allowed to view, pet alligator

:shock:

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

JSC4WD would have killed in this thread
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Here kitty kitty kitty!

HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

kcdave before the new eyeglass prescription be like:
Here kitty kitty kitty!

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

W had our pool replastered about 15 years ago. I didn't even have it completely filled yet, and this guy decided he wanted to be the first one in.

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Mikey wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:08 pm W had our pool replastered about 15 years ago. I didn't even have it completely filled yet, and this guy decided he wanted to be the first one in.

Good times.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Encountered this on our walk this morning. Not quite as exciting as a 1,000 lb gator but I’ve heard they have sharp beaks.

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Mikey, those guys look similar to the sandhill cranes who roam Florida neighborhoods in small gangs. They accost kids, taking their lunch money and the occasional phone; ring doorbells and scurry away; and, in the case of the truly delinquent ones, keying the rears of cars as they cockily stroll the sidewalks.

We’ve learned it’s best to avoid eye contact. Ignore the bastards. Cross the street if you see them coming. No good comes from confrontation.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

:lol: :lol:
This is actually a snowy egret. Fairly common around here but not in large numbers, and they’re pretty shy. They’ll usually take off if they sense anyone approaching. We get them occasionally landing in our yard hunting for lizards. They’ll pick up the lizard and swallow it whole by looking straight up to the sky and letting slide down the gullet.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I should have recognized those were egrets.

Sandhill cranes are definitely not shy. I shit you not…walking thru my son’s neighborhood, you'll see a group of 3 or 4 and they’ll come right up to you. One of them might push you in the chest. Another one will question your mom’s virtue. They’re total assholes. Far worse than me.

My boy chased one away from his daughter a couple years ago. An hour later, two of them show up tapping on his patio door! They don’t take any shit. I hate ‘em.

Egrets are cool.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:51 pm My boy chased one away from his daughter a couple years ago. An hour later, two of them show up tapping on his patio door!
Sounds like The Far Side.
"I see everything twice!"
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Smackie Chan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:08 pm
Sudden Sam wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:51 pm My boy chased one away from his daughter a couple years ago. An hour later, two of them show up tapping on his patio door!
Sounds like The Far Side.
Yep. If Larson is familiar with those birds, I’m surprised we didn’t see a ton of cartoons about them.

And, seriously, that part is true. He had pissed a couple of them off and later heard tapping on the glass patio door. He called me and was telling me about the two of them standing there looking in. I was dying laughing.