John Oliver Offers Thomas Millions to Leave Supreme Court

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

John Oliver Offers Thomas Millions to Leave Supreme Court

Post by Sudden Sam »

https://www..com/us-news/2024/feb/19/john-oliver-clarence-thomas-resign-1-million-offer

Late-night host gives justice, under fire over undisclosed donations, 30 days to accept offer, which includes a tour bus

I think Oliver is funny as hell, but seriously, this deal would be good for Thomas and for the country.

However, people are questioning whether the offer breaks the law.

Any barristers left in here?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: John Oliver Offers Thomas Millions to Leave Supreme Court

Post by The Seer »

Law? Who cares? Certainly not the dems OR apparently the SCOTUS

Did Biden Just Create A Constitutional Crisis?

The Supreme Court told President Joe Biden that he didn’t have the authority to forgive student loan debt. But he did anyway, bragging that the Court “didn’t stop me.” So why do we even have a legislative branch and a high court if the president is going to make law as if he were a king?

It’s Biden’s party, and its activist media, that has been carping for years about losing “our democracy.” Yet when a Democratic president bypasses the checks and balances that are the backbone of our republic, the three co-equal branches framework of government that is intended to guard against descending into a dictatorship, they celebrate rather than condemn.

Maybe it’s because they care about the integrity of our system of government only when it’s making policies they want.

In June 2023, the Supreme Court, in a 6-3 decision, struck down the Biden administration’s plan to cancel up to $400 billion in student loans, which it had announced in August 2022. In her concurring opinion, Justice Amy Coney Barrett noted that “when it comes to” national policy, “the Constitution gives Congress the reins — a point of context that no reasonable interpreter could ignore.”

But high court rulings apparently don’t apply when a Democratic president decides they don’t. Last week, the White House played the role of unreasonable interpreter and announced “$1.2 billion in student debt cancellation for almost 153,000 borrowers.”

“The Biden-Harris administration has now approved nearly $138 billion in student debt cancellation for almost 3.9 million borrowers through more than two dozen executive actions,” according to a White House fact sheet.

https://issuesinsights.com/2024/02/27/d ... al-crisis/
E UNUM PLURIBUS
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Just keep printing money. It will stimulate the economy.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

RACK The Seer and L45B.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Strange...the lack of lefties reacting to this thread while they "save democracy" in others....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Biden just harmless old grandpa who would never be mean or send mean tweets. Gets free pass.

“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield