Official T1B Gigolo

CFP Final Four

Post by Sudden Sam »

Right now, this minute…

Michigan (assuming they win)
Washington
Texas
Alabama

FSU not even close to those four. Hopefully Louisville eliminates any concerns about the Noles.

God, I want to see the Tide play UM.

I sat in a monsoon in Tampa and watched the worst Bama performance I can recall. This team has improved from day one to today more than any Tide team I’ve ever seen.

But, if we don’t get in, I’m satisfied with this season. It’s been a blast watching these kids get better and better.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: CFP Final Four

Post by Mikey »

If Ay Fay Shoe wins (definitely not a given) then they’re in. The committee won’t leave out an unbeaten conference champion.

Then it comes down to Bama or Texas. UT has the head to head win, but that was three months ago and they also have a worse loss. Bama looked great today taking down the top ranked two time defending champs. To me they would deserve it more than UT in spite of the H 2 H.

Michigan still needs to win too. Keep in mind they probably haven’t been stealing any signs the past couple of weeks.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Halftime:
The FSU vs Louisville game is absolutely riveting.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Doesn’t anyone remember Bama scoring on a fluke play on 4th down to scabdick a win against an awful Auburn team? When was that? Like five months ago?

Bama got rolled in its own crib by Texas.

Michigan
Washington
Florida State (if the score holds)
Texas

That’s the only defendable set.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

No chance the SEC gets left out. FSU needed to blow out Louisville. They’re gonna get punished for injuries, which is tragic but unfortunate when there’s five power conferences and four slots.

Here’s how it will shake out. Hairball won’t want to play an SEC team in their backyard on a fast track (it won’t matter).

Rose: #1 TCUN vs #4 Alabama
Sugar: #2 Washington vs #3 Texas

Championship: #4 Alabama vs #2 Washington
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

SEC was 7-9 against the ACC this year. I don’t see it. I can’t believe the CFP will job an FSU team it ranked ahead of TX and Bama going into today’s games.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

At 13-0 there’s no way FSU doesn’t get in.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Based on TV markets, which is what ESPN Mickey wants:

Michigan
Washington
Texas
bammer

tOSU is a potential wild card
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I think FSU gets in over Alabama. I can understand the thinking, but I guarantee you Vegas would have Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State heavily favored to beat the ‘Noles.

If they choose the BEST four, the Tide is in.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

In terms of TV ratings, the perfect final four would be:

Alabama vs. Ohio State
Michigan vs. Washington

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/colleg ... v-ratings/

But it shouldn't work like that.

This is exactly the kind of chaos the college football riggers selection committee needed to justify the 12-team format. If that were the case, a bunch of teams would be fighting for spots 10-12 (and not very many people would care).
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Maybe they should just qualify every team with six regular season wins into a single elimination tournament, and give the Power 5 conference champions a first week bye. That way EVERY deserving team would be sure get in.

One benefit of this scenario would be that more “Group of Five” schools and many Division 2 teams would probably get the chance to play multiple games against SEC teams during the regular season.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:56 am At 13-0 there’s no way FSU doesn’t get in.
Can't argue with that. Records matter, head to head matters, conference championships matter.

That leaves Bama and Ohio St. on the out. I'm sure the Ball Sucking Homers of the SEC will cry, but that just makes me laugh harder.

Besides, Texas pretty much is an SEC team now that the final Big 12 game had been played.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

People bringing up the close Bama win against Auburn don’t seem to recall Washington pulling the Arizona State game outta their ass and the Huskies kicking a last second FG to beat a very mediocre Washington State.

Don’t you know Jim Harbaugh is praying for no-offense FSU to get in rather than Alabama?!

I’m good with whatever happens. This season has been unreal as far as improvement for this Tide team. Our offensive line struggled for half the season. When they needed a couple first downs to seal the win last night, they crushed Georgia’s D. Milroe’s fake pitch to the right, then cutting up the middle for about 8 yards was a thing of beauty.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

They did the right thing. I feel for FSU, but they can’t compete without Jordan Travis.

Guarantee you Harbaugh was praying for FSU!
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:38 pm They did the right thing. I feel for FSU, but they can’t compete without Jordan Travis.

Congrats, Sam. This is a travesty, in my opinion. I hate FSU. But they earned the spot Bama occupies.

Be careful what you wish for. I was hoping that Ohio State would get to play Bama. I think Ohio State would beat Bama by double digits. Bama's defense is dog shit, again, in my opinion. And Milroe is wild. Oh well. Michigan is a tough bunch up front. Their offense is not great. But Bama has not faced a defense like that in a long time.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

L45B wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:34 am No chance the SEC gets left out. FSU needed to blow out Louisville. They’re gonna get punished for injuries, which is tragic but unfortunate when there’s five power conferences and four slots.

Here’s how it will shake out. Hairball won’t want to play an SEC team in their backyard on a fast track (it won’t matter).

Rose: #1 TCUN vs #4 Alabama
Sugar: #2 Washington vs #3 Texas

Championship: #4 Alabama vs #2 Washington
:bode: (especially if you look at my Pick’Em stats, this is the one prediction I got right)
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

OK I was wrong about them including FSU.

But it’s perfectly appropriate, especially since it’s an indication of the likely future of the BCS. Two from the SEC and two from B1G.

They should probably start a separate playoff for everyone else.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Agreed, Mikey. Those FSU kids played hard. Can’t imagine that facility right now.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:16 pm Agreed, Mikey. Those FSU kids played hard. Can’t imagine that facility right now.
Yeah, I have no love for the Seminals but, come on, 13-0 and champions in one of the Power Five? What else could they have done?
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Enroll at Bama?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

FSU was straight up jobbed. No way a one loss P5 champ should advance over an undefeated one.

If records don't matter, why play the games? Committees can just do "eye ball tests" each week and let us know who "won."

Total bullshit.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

What exactly is the criteria to make the 4 team playoff?

"Most deserving 4 teams is different than "best 4 teams."
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Don’t call it a playoff

Invitational exhibition.

I said from the beginning that 4 teams was dumb.

At least the 4 team shit show is in it's final year.

Good to have Big Boy Football today with the 49ers vs. Eagles. Where wins actually count.

It's payback time for the Eagles. Niners stomp them in Philly.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Roux wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:30 pm What exactly is the criteria to make the 4 team playoff?

"Most deserving 4 teams is different than "best 4 teams."
It should be most deserving and, to be honest, you can argue for FSU as a top 4 in quality as well. They beat a top 15 team with a true freshman QB with 4 snaps to his resume in a conference championship to remain undefeated.

Four best teams depends on which week you're talking about.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:38 pm They did the right thing. I feel for FSU, but they can’t compete without Jordan Travis.

Spot on, Sam! I thought Hairball would get off easy playing FSU but prefer the matchup with Bama. I think it’ll be three in a row semifinal losses for TCUN.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

The committee went by their bylaws.

FSU’s offense is crippled by the absence of Travis. They had 55 yards passing against Louisville. They wouldn’t be competitive at all against any top 7 or 8 teams. But yeah, it’s terrible for their kids. Can’t imagine how they feel.

But the committee did what they’re supposed to do and that is to get the best 4 teams in.

Michigan played a shit schedule except for OSU. They’ve not faced a defense as fast as Alabama’s. I don’t know how Michigan will get Alabama’s offensive signals between now and the game, so I can’t see the Wolverines stopping Milroe and company. Should be a fun day for the Tide
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

mvscal wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:32 pm That leaves Bama and Ohio St. on the out. I'm sure the Ball Sucking Homers of the SEC will cry, but that just makes me laugh harder.
:lol:
BBBWWWAAAHHHAAA!!!
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Anyone seen Jay? His Ducks drew Liberty. That should be fun…
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

FSU was also down to its QB3 last night. QB2 would have been good to. There is absolutely no justification for Bama over FSU..
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Boo Corrigan is an ACC guy. FSU had every opportunity to secure the spot. They failed miserably. They impressed no one. Why would the committee go with Bama if they weren’t obviously the superior team? Everyone’s sick of Bama.

I’m sure Michigan hoped for an easy path to the championship game by drawing FSU. Tough shit, cheaters.

Matt Stinchcomb just said what I expect: Texas-Alabama for the title.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Careful what you wish for. Bama is not "obviously superior" to anyone in the top 8 neither is anyone else.

The BSHs won this round. Sad for FSU.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

mvscal wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:46 am Careful what you wish for. Bama is not "obviously superior" to anyone in the top 8 neither is anyone else.

The BSHs won this round. Sad for FSU.
I agree this was terrible for FSU. But the 4 chosen schools, plus Ohio State, Oregon, Georgia and several others would all be favored to whip the Seminoles with their backup QB running the offense. Hell, if Milroe was out, Bama would have been left out. Likely any of the top 4 the same.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:14 am Anyone seen Jay? His Ducks drew Liberty. That should be fun…
Yeah, I'm here. Interesting game.

FSU absolutely should have gotten in. Insane hose-job there. It has to hasten the end of the ACC too. I can't see FSU and Clemson sticking around after witnessing that.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Carson wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:45 am Based on TV markets, which is what ESPN Mickey wants:

Michigan
Washington
Texas
bammer
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

FSU should have gotten in over TCUN, whose offense was more abysmal against Iowa (with their starting QB) than FSU’s offense was against Louisville (with their 3rd stringer).

Anyone who watched the B1G championship saw that TCUN’s offense could not go the length of the field to score TDs. Took a nice punt return on one drive and a bad call by the refs on another to set up two easy TDs inside the 15. Other than that, Corum couldn’t run and McCarthy was erratic.

Iowa’s defense is likely best in the country, but TCUN is gonna be in for a rude awakening on Jan 1.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Agree with you about Harbaugh/Michigan pulling to play FSU.

Sam, I respect you a ton, but I cannot agree with you that the right thing was done here. Using an injury as an excuse to hold an undefeated P5 Conference Champion from a 4 team playoff is a flat out injustice. If anything, FSU showed it totally belonged in the playoff because they were able to go into their rivals home field (yes, I know UF stinks this season) and beat them by 2 scores with their back up QB and then beat one of the best offenses in the country by 10 points with their 3rd string QB. Bottom line is they did compete through much adversity and that is what the best teams do.

The committee literally showed that the entire regular season is meaningless and that is an absolutely travesty for a sport where is should mean the most.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I totally understand the arguments for FSU. It’s a terrible deal for them. Huge disappointment.

But the committee did what their bylaws dictate in that a critical part of that team is missing. If Jalen Milroe was out, Bama wouldn’t have sniffed the playoff.

But I understand the uproar. I fully expected to see FSU in that 4th slot. Shocked me when that beautiful ‘A’ popped up.

Being that it’s Alabama and an SEC team that got in, the vitriol is worse than an Ohio State getting in over TCU and Baylor years ago. It’s a tough deal. I wish Louisville had been worth a crap and stopped the controversy before it began.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If Jaden Milroe was out, Bama would not have beaten Georgia and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Just saying.

FSU won their CCG and kept their perfect season without their first two QBs. Personally I thought Bama deserved it more than Texas, but let’s at least be realistic in our comparisons.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

FiatLux wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:42 pm .

This is why I don't play pick'em. I'm just too good.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

FiatLux wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:55 pm
FiatLux wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:42 pm
This is why I don't play pick'em. I'm just too good.
Eagles? Niners?

Try Wolverines, Huskies, Longhorns, and Crimson Tide.