Sordid Clambake news

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Roach
The Space Man

Sordid Clambake news

Post by Roach »

Some updates on the Sordid Clambake . . .

The embedded video problem stems from a couple of conditions.

First you may have noticed the site is not using SSL for connections, (http vs. https) and this will cause Some browsers to not display content as intended. This is about to change (be updated to SSL) as the domain records move to another provider. Should be invisible to users but will happen on a monday so there is less chance of screwing with important services like 3BB. Second, the youtube plugin needs updating which will occur at the same time. Here's hoping.

Then there's the problem of a certain poster who acts like a senator from Oklahoma. He has lost his way and thinks smack is insult and name calling instead of good edgy fun. Who defines that? JHC and I. Most of us on these boards have grown up in these past twenty years or so and have matured enough to understand that. A look at his last ten or so posts is evidence enough.

I'm told he is taking a vacation for a couple of weeks, and may be back then to see if he can act like an adult. Time will tell. BTW he's just deactivated, not erased.

Thanks to everyone making 3BB and College Football successes. And to Mikey for the Cooking forum, and Dave for the Roll Call threads. And Smackie, he's on a roll now with pop up shows.

Some fun now . . .

:homer:
Rootbeer

Re: Sordid Clambake news

Post by Rootbeer »

I appreciate your efforts, Roach.

This board has potential. If the talented folks posting in the College Football Forum spilled over into the main forum the board would start to approximate what once was.

I am not a fan of heavy handed m0deration but when a tard can't behave in gen pop he might need some time in solitary.

I still think a dedicated political forum could function here. If a thread turns political, split it and allow the political version to continue in the poli forum for those interested in the threadbare tripe and tropes that are so fashionable among a few.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Thanks for the update, Roach!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Thanks, Roach. You’re doing a helluva job. Especially considering it’s pretty much a thankless job.

As far as the poster who is emulating the Oklahoma senator ( or is the senator emulating the poster?), I am anti-banning unless lines that should be obvious to all are crossed. I don’t care to spell that out, so let’s just say everyone should know the limits (kids - nothing to do with harming children). Humor is far better than anger. A funny post is far more effective than a threatening post. I have no concerns at all regarding threats addressed to me. I simply shake my head and question the sanity of a supposed adult who would make such posts. Maybe it comes from a far too comfortable life wherein the poster has never dealt with real world concerns. Don’t know where the anger comes from and I don’t care. He can be an interesting fellow and I’m told he’s a good guy. I enjoy debating subjects,!but when it devolves to name calling and ludicrous threats, it loses its appeal. We can have serious debates without resorting to behaving like politicians.

Rock on.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Roach wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:17 pm Most of us on these boards have grown up
I call bullshit. :mrgreen:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Roach wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:17 pm I'm told he is taking a vacation for a couple of weeks....
:lol:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

A week without you
Thought I'd forget
Two weeks without you and I
Still haven't gotten over you yet

Vacation, all I ever wanted
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I appreciate Roach keeping this back of a restroom stall door functioning.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:16 pm I appreciate Roach keeping this back of a restroom stall door functioning.
2th.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:16 pm I appreciate Roach keeping this back of a restroom stall door functioning.
Especially for flushing that turd for a couple of weeks that was smelling up the place.
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:34 am Especially for flushing that turd for a couple of weeks that was smelling up the place.
The turd hasn't been flushed. He's on vacation.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

His username no longer exists.

You have no friends.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:41 am
Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:34 am Especially for flushing that turd for a couple of weeks that was smelling up the place.
The turd hasn't been flushed. He's on vacation.
Hence "for a couple of weeks"....
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carson wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:02 am His username no longer exists.
So what? So he deleted his nick. There's nothing stopping him from creating a new one or posting under Moving Sale.

Suck on that, Roman Polanski.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:04 pm So what? So he deleted his nick. There's nothing stopping him from creating a new one or posting under Moving Sale.

Suck on that, Roman Polanski.
This is cringeworthy.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:46 am This is cringeworthy.
Why?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

SM wrote:Suck on that, Roman Polanski.
Woah!

Lordy!
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

What time is it? 3BB is getting cut-throat/gut serious* about now, and will only get more so. With Screwy and Pop's tight-assed rules requiring all picks be in before kick off, here is a clairification of board time.

Guest time (not logged in) is GMT / UTC / Zulu.

Logged in users can set their own time in their Control Panel / Board Preferences / Time Zone.

Regarding the video embed problem, the first part (moving dns name servers) is done, and almost nobody noticed the minimal down time. One more step is to transfer the domain registrar, which will happen wednesday. Should be invisible.

Then if all that fixes the problem, woo woo. If not, we will trudge on.

*Seppeku knives available from The Deciders@clambake.net. Order now, they will for sure sell out before super bowl.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Roach wrote:What time is it? 3BB is getting cut-throat/gut serious* about now, and will only get more so. With Screwy and Pop's tight-assed rules requiring all picks be in before kick off, here is a clairification of board time.

Guest time (not logged in) is GMT / UTC / Zulu.

Logged in users can set their own time in their Control Panel / Board Preferences / Time Zone.
Thank you, Roach!
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Roach wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:00 pm Regarding the video embed problem, the first part (moving dns name servers) is done, and almost nobody noticed the minimal down time. One more step is to transfer the domain registrar, which will happen wednesday.
Then if all that fixes the problem, woo woo. If not, we will trudge on.
I guess this is the part where we are trudging on, because
the problem has not been fixed yet.
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Roger that Dave.... Updating extension, whipping the slaves, working on it. Thanks for your patience.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

kcdave wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:28 am I guess this is the part where we are trudging on, because
The problem has been fixed for me. I see embedded youtube videos just fine. Perhaps you should try a modern browser and not Internet Explorer?
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Thanks for all you're doing to keep the wheels on, Roach.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:36 pm
kcdave wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:28 am I guess this is the part where we are trudging on, because
The problem has been fixed for me. I see embedded youtube videos just fine. Perhaps you should try a modern browser and not Internet Explorer?
What browser are you using? I'm still not seeing them on Chrome.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Mikey wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:40 pm
I saw the video in the current WRC thread using FF.
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:40 pm What browser are you using? I'm still not seeing them on Chrome.
Brave
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Mikey wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:40 pm
Same here.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

I see dave'e embedded Youtubs on Chrome just fine. Try incognito mode in case your cookies are jacked up?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Roach wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:17 pm Some updates on the Sordid Clambake . . .

The embedded video problem stems from a couple of conditions.

First you may have noticed the site is not using SSL for connections, (http vs. https) and this will cause Some browsers to not display content as intended. This is about to change (be updated to SSL) as the domain records move to another provider. Should be invisible to users but will happen on a monday so there is less chance of screwing with important services like 3BB. Second, the youtube plugin needs updating which will occur at the same time. Here's hoping.

Then there's the problem of a certain poster who acts like a senator from Oklahoma. He has lost his way and thinks smack is insult and name calling instead of good edgy fun. Who defines that? JHC and I. Most of us on these boards have grown up in these past twenty years or so and have matured enough to understand that. A look at his last ten or so posts is evidence enough.

I'm told he is taking a vacation for a couple of weeks, and may be back then to see if he can act like an adult. Time will tell. BTW he's just deactivated, not erased.

Thanks to everyone making 3BB and College Football successes. And to Mikey for the Cooking forum, and Dave for the Roll Call threads. And Smackie, he's on a roll now with pop up shows.

Some fun now . . .

:homer:
Oh fuck off you sniveling little bitch. I didn’t threaten anyone. I challenged a few Nazis to a sports competition just like BrokenPsyche did with his marathon hagus bets. You get to decide the rules but you don’t get to decide the facts.

“Yeah we have Nazis but the real problem is the guy that offered to punch them in the face.”

You are a slimy mailable little cunt. Go suck pedokkkal dick more and your board might just end up like .pedo.
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

It's not Easter yet, doofus.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mailable?
UPS might get him there more quickly.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Kierland wrote:your board might just end up like .pedo.
This place sucks horse cocks.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Biggie wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:34 pm It's not Easter yet, doofus.
:smile:
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Mikey wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:27 pm Mailable?
Because that’s the real issue. Thanks Dimsdale.
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Go fuck a porcupine you Nazi shit. just suck Nazi dick and call me out instead. Fuck off traitor. Some other juvenile shit.

Great come back: 3 hours, seven posts, all but one was more shitting all over.

Wins:

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Kierland wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:35 pm Go suck pedokkkal dick more and your board might just end up like .pedo.
Is that a threat?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Kierland wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:33 pm
Mikey wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:27 pm Mailable?
Because that’s the real issue. Thanks Dimsdale.
Maybe you should write what you actually mean, assuming that wasn’t it, because I have no idea WTF you were trying to say.

Millable?
Makeable?
Malleable?
Maulable?
Milkable?
Bailable?
Nailable?
Failable?
Fallible?

Please do us a favor and speel it out.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

That didn't take long. Didn't figure it would, though. I am accepting apologies for all the crying done after I first bounced that tard years ago.

Value add: 0.00
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.