NCAA Basketball Brackets

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

NCAA Basketball Brackets

Post by Sudden Sam »

I’ve got 8 of the Sweet Sixteen still alive in the only bracket I did this year.

Alabama, Houston, Xavier, Texas, K State, UConn, Gonzaga and UCLA.

How are y’all doing?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Re: NCAA Basketball Brackets

Post by Go Coogs' »

Bama, UConn, Creighton, Gonzaga, Houston, Texas, Xavier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I didn’t do any brackets this year but I’ve been following the tournament pretty closely.

SDSU’s pounding of the #1 ranked team on Friday was absolutely epoch. I was pretty sure that they would fold after their meltdown at the beginning of the second half. But they were relentless in their eventual comeback and holding ’bama off mostly with aggressive lockdown defense.

The Aztecs could reach the finals by beating Creighton today (third place team in the Big East) and then FAU. Should they somehow win out it would be the first “major” sports championship for any San Diego team since…the Chargers 1963 AFL title vs the Boston Patriots. :shock: 8)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

OMG what a finish.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:54 pm OMG what a finish.
SDSU's been knocking on the door for years. Props to the 'Tecs. Always wondered why they weren't better. Great location. Lots of SoCal talent to recruit.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:58 pm
Mikey wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:54 pm OMG what a finish.
SDSU's been knocking on the door for years. Props to the 'Tecs. Always wondered why they weren't better. Great location. Lots of SoCal talent to recruit.

Their upward trajectory started when they hired Steve Fisher in 1999. Current HC was a Fisher assistant for what, 27 years?

There’s a good chance they’ll be in the PACxx in a couple years. The football team has been beating PAC teams pretty regularly for the past five or six years, plus they have a brand new stadium.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Booger wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:22 pm How are y’all doing?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

mvscal wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:24 am
Booger wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:22 pm How are y’all doing?
:lol:

You, me, and everyone else.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Holeee fuck!
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

OMFG another last second win. Unfucking believable.
Aztecs going to the title game!!
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Good to see a California Golden Bear bring it home for the Aztecs.

Great game.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jsc810 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:59 am Did he step out of bounds before the shot?

Doesn't matter now

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCBB/status ... 8wz8Q&s=19
I don’t think he stepped out. I saw a blowup from that same shot. The heel of his shoe was definitely in bounds. The angle of his foot made it look like the toe or maybe the ball (widest part) of his foot could possibly have been touching the line, but you couldn’t see it. Could be either way but, like you said, it doesn’t matter.

Bitching about something like that would be right up there with election denial
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:47 am
Jsc810 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:59 am Did he step out of bounds before the shot?

Doesn't matter now

I don’t think he stepped out. I saw a blowup from that same shot. The heel of his shoe was definitely in bounds. The angle of his foot made it look like the toe or maybe the ball (widest part) of his foot could possibly have been touching the line, but you couldn’t see it. Could be either way but, like you said, it doesn’t matter.

Maybe the NCAA should follow MLB's habit of fukking with perfection. Everything inside of the mezzanine level concessions stands is inbounds. Redefine the completely ignored travel rule. 3 dribbles then you can run until the shot clock expires.

Congrats to your 'tecs. Too bad the Huskies are going to roll them tomorrow night.

Care to make a gentleman's wager? Maybe a 4 pack of your best local IPA? Or I could do a bottle of something that a friend of mine makes at his vineyard.

When you stop laughing about Connecticut vineyards, you could check it out. I'm certain it can't hold a candle to the stuff the commies make a little north of you, but i's drinkable.

https://www.lostacresvineyard.com/

UConn returning from the dead has been a pleasant surprise.

We kinda got spoiled during Jim Calhoun's tenure, then UConn pretended to have a D1 football program for awhile which necessitated leaving the Big East. They thought they'd land in the ACC, but got cockblocked by BC. So they ended up in the conference of missfit toys for a while which made recruiting a nightmare.

Eventually they smartened up and went back home. What is really funny is that they are now led by a guy with a last name that would cause local nuns to break out in 4 letter word tirades.

Early in Calhoun's reign, it seemed it was always Duke who crushed their dreams. And Bobby Hurley was on those teams.

My guess is that it is now safe for Bobby to travel in Connecticut without armed guards. Bit Chrissy Laetner still better stay away.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Tough way to go down for FAU, but that was a helluva game. Makes Bama’s inept performance against the Aztecs a little easier to take.

I lost interest anyway when it was revealed that Brandon Miller took the murder weapon to the killer. Why do we just accept that all these kids have weapons?! If the only way the Tide can compete in basketball is to recruit criminals, fuck it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:03 pm
Mikey wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:47 am

Doesn't matter now

Maybe the NCAA should follow MLB's habit of fukking with perfection. Everything inside of the mezzanine level concessions stands is inbounds. Redefine the completely ignored travel rule. 3 dribbles then you can run until the shot clock expires.

Congrats to your 'tecs. Too bad the Huskies are going to roll them tomorrow night.

Care to make a gentleman's wager? Maybe a 4 pack of your best local IPA? Or I could do a bottle of something that a friend of mine makes at his vineyard.

When you stop laughing about Connecticut vineyards, you could check it out. I'm certain it can't hold a candle to the stuff the commies make a little north of you, but i's drinkable.

https://www.lostacresvineyard.com/

UConn returning from the dead has been a pleasant surprise.

We kinda got spoiled during Jim Calhoun's tenure, then UConn pretended to have a D1 football program for awhile which necessitated leaving the Big East. They thought they'd land in the ACC, but got cockblocked by BC. So they ended up in the conference of missfit toys for a while which made recruiting a nightmare.

Eventually they smartened up and went back home. What is really funny is that they are now led by a guy with a last name that would cause local nuns to break out in 4 letter word tirades.

Early in Calhoun's reign, it seemed it was always Duke who crushed their dreams. And Bobby Hurley was on those teams.

My guess is that it is now safe for Bobby to travel in Connecticut without armed guards. Bit Chrissy Laetner still better stay away.
OK you’re on for the IPA. I’m sure that your Yankee wine is right up there with any California vintage but, right now, my wine cellar (the bottom shelf of the pantry) is overflowing with the spring wine club shipments. It’s going to take a monumental effort just to work through them. Also, I haven’t brought any beer into the house for about six months now. I only drink it if we go out. A strategery that has helped me lose almost 30 pounds since November. I would have a good excuse, though, if I won it on a bet.

To be honest, I didn’t follow the Aztecs that closely this season until the conference tournament. I’m still expecting them to come out of whatever transe they’re in and fall back to earth, but actually they have a damn good team that seems to wear their opponents down with their stifling defense and depth. Had to believe after the‘Bama game.

I didn’t realize that the UCONN coach came from that Hurley family. I think that there’s one thing that most all of us can agree on…

FUCK DUKE

something I have profoundly believed for *literally* 50 years since my freshman year at UC San Diego (not SDSU) when there was a guy in my dorm who was, what I eventually learned, your prototypical obnoxious Duke fan. And they weren’t even all that good in’73.

There are strong rumors that SDSU will soon be joining the PACxx, mostly, until now, on the strength of their football team and brand new stadium. They usually beat at least one PACxx team every season. It would be nice to welcome the NCAA hoops champion on board as well, I would think. After this week, though, the Aztecs might think of that as slumming.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I actually watched an entire women’s game!

Helluva game, too. LSU couldn’t miss the entire first half. Unreal.

LSU up 21 when Iowa made a run. I think they cut it to 7 at one point, but their star picked up her 4th foul and the Hawkeyes couldn’t get close again.

Entertaining game for sure. I may watch next year’s championship game. :lol:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Booger wrote:I actually watched an entire women’s game!

Helluva game, too. LSU couldn’t miss the entire first half. Unreal.

LSU up 21 when Iowa made a run. I think they cut it to 7 at one point, but their star picked up her 4th foul and the Hawkeyes couldn’t get close again.

Entertaining game for sure. I may watch next year’s championship game. :lol:
As a UConn fan, it’s kind of nice to see the rest of the country catch up with the lady Huskies.

For most of the ‘10s, it got to be a race for second. When Geno’s girls won it was like, ho hum, throw another trophy on the heap over in the corner. When they didn’t win, it was utter failure.

It’s a tough spot to be in as a fan and it’s no fukking good for the sport. This years takeover by the scrubs on the men’s side is awesome. A final 4 without Duke/Carolina/Kentucky is a good thing. UConn was part of that royalty, but a number of years of sucking shed them of that status.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

NCAA Basketball Brackets

Post by smackaholic »

Regarding girls bball, what it really needs to generate some interest is a 6’9” 275lb power forward tranny.

You KNOW it’s coming.

Being a slightly twisted fukk, I sit on the sidelines with my bucket of popcorn waiting for it.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

It was mildly interesting that the Iowa squad was all white, while the LSU gang was all sheboons. :oops: But the Ladyy Tigers were bigger, possessed a deeper bench, and had a real defensive scheme in place to taper comely Caitlan's inside assault. And while the women's game has upped an inch, it's still basically unwatchable. And what the fuck was with the refs? :doh:
Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I wouldn't call it unwatchable. There is talent there and I can appreciate watching good team play.

But let's not kid ourselves. It is light years away from the men's game. LSU would get run off the court by a mediocre boy's high school team.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Starting to look like a blowout.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Good thing SDSU couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight.

UConn got a little sloppy in the second half and let them back in, but every time they made a run, they'd make horrible shots.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

It was good seeing the two San Francisco Bay Area kids (Marin County) going at each other tonight. The kid from Novato wins out over the kid from Marin City. They both went to the same high school (Marin Catholic) and were high school teammates. Kinda cool.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Makesyou wonder why they didn't go to one of the local NCAA powerhouses, don't it?

Oh yeah, I forgot, there aren't any.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The tall skinny kid for UConn is just a freshman. You haven't seen the last of him. Great hands and instinct. He needs to get in the gym and put on a few pounds and he will be dominant.

Looks like Hurley could have another dynasty in the works in Storrs.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

FiatLux wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:10 am It was good seeing the two San Francisco Bay Area kids (Marin County) going at each other tonight. The kid from Novato wins out over the kid from Marin City. They both went to the same high school (Marin Catholic) and were high school teammates. Kinda cool.
Trammell is from Marin City but he went to St Ignatius. Calcaterra did go to Marin Catholic. You should try and get your facts straight. He transferred to UCONN after four years at USD, not a major NCAA powerhouse. Trammell went to CCSF, which he led to a 30-0 season, and then to Seattle University before he ended up at SDSU.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Chip, tell your rode hard/put up wet coach to get her girls in line to shake hands next time. They played a helluva game, shot lights out, but all their whining and bullshit afterwards turned a great game into a negative for women’s basketball.

Between those whiners and Bama’s criminals, SEC b-ball looked rough.