Pat Tillman

The best of the best
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Just like the goverment planned on the investigation of his death to be on page 2 and forgotten about.
Exactly who is the "government" that you're referring to? You really don't have a point, do you? Just lay blame for something upon this nafarious "government" that you fail to even attempt to identify. Dumbshit.
Everyone will remember how warm and fuzzy they were when they celebrated his honor and that's what our government is doing
There's that "government," again? Our "government" is remembering how warm and fuzzy "they" were??

Do you even try to make sense?
because if the media covered the news like they did in Vietnam, somebody might not feel so warm and fuzzy and complain.
If the media covered the news as they did in Vietnam our troops would be back home already and terrorists would control to nation-states. No thanks, ass.

Rather absurd that you'd call others "dipshit" given your musings in this thread, 'tard.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:Damn, I see PSU working Hard to blame Bush for Mary Tillman's accusation that the Army lied for political gain... :roll:
Harry Truman wrote:The Buck Stops Here
George W. Bush wrote:I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

No shit. Ownership Society means owning stock, not owning up to your faults. According to Dubya, his presidency is a pure as snow.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

working Hard to blame Bush for Mary Tillman's accusation
I'm blaming Bush for her accusation? Your thinking seems muddled.

Am I agreeing with her accusation that the Bush administration made political hay of the Tillman story? Yes.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

BSmack, what's your point? That Bush is responsible for the conduct and results being reported of an internal Army investigation?

Just like he's responsible for a few dickheads humiliating prisoners at Abu Ghraib??

LOL...

Bizzaro, Dubya believes that his presidency is pure as snow? Why is it that people with no substantive complaints are reduced to speculating upon the motives and/or beliefs of their target??

PSU, no misread here...you keep asserting that the "administration" (whoever that is, as you refuse to identify who you are talking about despite being asked several times) lied about Tillman for political gain. Your proof that the administration lied is based on Mary Tillman accusing the administration of such.

Because you keep referring to the "administration" without ever attempting to identify who that is, I can only presume that you're using "administration" as proxy for blasting Bush (much your pals have blasted Bush for allegations of abuse at Gitmo or the abuse at Abu Ghraib).

Hence, you're working hard to blame Bush for an accusation leveled by Mary Tillman.

Dispute that?

You've been asked to identify who lied and to identify what the "political gain" is that was allegedly being sought.

Well?
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

PSUFAN wrote:

Am I agreeing with her accusation that the Bush administration made political hay of the Tillman story? Yes.

John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:BSmack, what's your point? That Bush is responsible for the conduct and results being reported of an internal Army investigation? Just like he's responsible for a few dickheads humiliating prisoners at Abu Ghraib??
Is Bush still Commander in Chief? Or did he delegate that power to Cheney?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

rozy wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:

Rozy, you thinking is muddled. Go back to the kool-aid for reeducation.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

BSmack wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:BSmack, what's your point? That Bush is responsible for the conduct and results being reported of an internal Army investigation? Just like he's responsible for a few dickheads humiliating prisoners at Abu Ghraib??
I see, Bush is personally responsible for Tillman's death, then, right? I mean, he's CIC. He's responsible for the conduct of the troops. Tillman was killed by his fellow Rangers. Hence, Bush is personally responsible.

Absurd... :roll:
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

DrDetroit wrote:
BSmack wrote:
I see, Bush is personally responsible for Tillman's death, then, right? I mean, he's CIC. He's responsible for the conduct of the troops. Tillman was killed by his fellow Rangers. Hence, Bush is personally responsible.

Actually, Bush is responsible. So is Pat Tillman, so is the command hierarchy above him.

So are WE.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:Actually, Bush is responsible. So is Pat Tillman, so is the command hierarchy above him.

So are WE.
That about sums it up. We do truly get the government we deserve.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Tillman's death is not the issue, as hard as you try to make it the issue.

The issue is the lie about how he was killed. Is the Bush Administration at fault for that lie? Yes. That fact is not open to debate.

Was the lie justified?

mvscal: it was.
the Tillmans: it wasn't.
Dr. Detroit: Image
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Tom In VA wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:
BSmack wrote: Is Bush still Commander in Chief? Or did he delegate that power to Cheney?

Actually, Bush is responsible. So is Pat Tillman, so is the command hierarchy above him.

So are WE.
Need some knee-pads?? I've never seen someone try as hard you as you to be neutral or balanced. Give it up.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

PSU - you brought up the allegation that the "administration" (again, whoever that is, you refuse to id who it is despite being asked several time now) lied for "political gain" (whatever that is given you have also refused to suggest what that might be).

I am merely responding to you, PSU.

No need to backpedal now and retract what you said.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Mvscal...like I said before...hate & rage, it is what drives these people and their desire to hammer Bush.

Their guy is Harry Reid who called the President a "loser" and di it when the Pres was overseas.

What more can you expect from these fools who make excuses for individuals who fuck up?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

DrDetroit wrote:Mvscal...like I said before...hate & rage, it is what drives these people and their desire to hammer Bush.
Stupidity and a tenuous grasp on their world makes people support that stammering idiot at all costs.

And he is a loser whether he's overseas or on Mars.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

What more can you expect from these fools who make excuses for individuals who fuck up?
I wouldn't call out Rove if I were you.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:Mvscal...like I said before...hate & rage, it is what drives these people and their desire to hammer Bush.
Stupidity and a tenuous grasp on their world makes people support that stammering idiot at all costs.

And this is really all we need to know about you...
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

PSUFAN wrote:
I wouldn't call out Rove if I were you.
Are you still ducking, bitch?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Ducking what? The inane sidebars you've thrown out?

Not biting.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

PSUFAN wrote:Ducking what? The inane sidebars you've thrown out?

Not biting.
Funny how responses to your assertions are merely "inane sidebars." Typical, but funny.

Is this where you now say that I have nothing constructive to say and won't respond anymore?? LOL!!!

You brought it up, dolt. Just say you're backpedaling and be done with it.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

DrDetroit wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:

Exactly. I value intelligence and wisdom above pretty much all else. This "leader" has consistently proven that he has neither.
Last edited by Bizzarofelice on Fri May 27, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Detroit, mvscal

The point is, Bush sends troops to protect the United State's best interests. WE benefit from those best interests. Tillman, and all the other troops in all the other wars, were there on the behalf of this nation. WE are this nation.

We wouldn't be having this discussion because Tillman would not have been there if it weren't for the needs and demands we as a society make. Those needs and demands require resources. Those resources need to be protected and fought for in a competitive jungle. Men die, protecting and acquiring them, for OUR benefit.

Ergo, every U.S. citizen's responsibility and part in this war and all wars the U.S. engages in.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: Stupidity and a tenuous grasp on their world makes people support that stammering idiot at all costs.

Exactly. I value intelligence and wisdom above pretty much all else. This "leader" has consistently proven that has neither.
'Cuz you say so, huh?

I've read many of your meanderings and I'll take your criticism of Bush as a positive.

That Bush has 'bode on your suckas now necessarily demonstrates that your criticism is nothing more then envy...deal with it.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Tom In VA wrote:Detroit, mvscal

The point is, Bush sends troops to protect the United State's best interests. WE benefit from those best interests. Tillman, and all the other troops in all the other wars, were there on the behalf of this nation. WE are this nation.

We wouldn't be having this discussion because Tillman would not have been there if it weren't for the needs and demands we as a society make. Those needs and demands require resources. Those resources need to be protected and fought for in a competitive jungle. Men die, protecting and acquiring them, for OUR benefit.

Ergo, every U.S. citizen's responsibility and part in this war and all wars the U.S. engages in.
Pat Tillman dies for cheaper oil?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:

That's why you're not in charge or equipped to assess the performance of those that are.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Tom In VA wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:

That's why you're not in charge or equipped to assess the performance of those that are.
Nigga, please. If Pat died for oil, just say so. Then, our leaders should say so in public. Maybe our beloved American public is also not equipped to face reality. With that in mind, let's just blow up this whole "republic democracy shit and start over with an oligarchy or some shit.

Lord knows, Hillbilly Jim is the smart guy who knows what is the most important matter in every situation. American Public should just go on with the Michael Jackson trial.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

No - he dies for a TV memorial service, and a Bush Address to a Cardinal crowd right before the election.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Wrong Cardinals, douchebag
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: Pat Tillman dies for cheaper oil?
Nigga, please. If Pat died for oil, just say so. Then, our leaders should say so in public. Maybe our beloved American public is also not equipped to face reality. With that in mind, let's just blow up this whole "republic democracy shit and start over with an oligarchy or some shit.

Lord knows, Hillbilly Jim is the smart guy who knows what is the most important matter in every situation. American Public should just go on with the Michael Jackson trial.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I'm not qualified either. I didn't intend to state otherwise. The point is to reduce it down to "cheap oil" is an ignorant over simplification of the problem.

But what I do understand is that the higher the cost it takes to move something from Point A to Point B, the higher the cost of that "something" will be.

What you don't understand is just how much your life, lifestyle, ability to do what you do, eat what you eat, watch what you watch, wear what you wear, live how you live .... is dependent on OIL.

The enemy, understands this, the enemy has proven their willingness to destroy this resource for the sole purpose of destroying your life, lifestyle, ability to do what you do, eat what you eat, watch what you watch, wear what you wear, live how you live ........

Tribe A needs meat. Their hunting ground is barren. They encroach upon Tribe B's hunting ground and Tribe A and Tribe B wage war with one another.

It's been that way since we've "evolved".

So why don't you show us that you're all you purport to be and mix in a solution rather than attempting to cheapen the efforts and sacrifices made by men and women that fight for the things you need for your life, lifestyle, ability to do what you do, eat what you eat, watch what you watch, wear what you wear, live how you live ........
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

PSUFAN wrote:Tillman's death is not the issue, as hard as you try to make it the issue.

The issue is the lie about how he was killed. Is the Bush Administration at fault for that lie? Yes. That fact is not open to debate.

Was the lie justified?
No, the BA attempted to use his death as a marketing tool for the war, and failed when they got caught. They even went so far as to destroy his clothing and body armor to hide the real evidence, citing "BioHazard" Talk about a BS reason. Bodybags are filled everyday over there with Biohazard, and they don't destroy those.

Just because the media reports what the president or his representatives say at a press conference does not make them culpable for reporting a lie.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Tom In VA wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:
Tom In VA wrote: That's why you're not in charge or equipped to assess the performance of those that are.

No, I'm not qualified either. I didn't intend to state otherwise. The point is to reduce it down to "cheap oil" is an ignorant over simplification of the problem.

But what I do understand is that the higher the cost it takes to move something from Point A to Point B, the higher the cost of that "something" will be.

What you don't understand is just how much your life, lifestyle, ability to do what you do, eat what you eat, watch what you watch, wear what you wear, live how you live .... is dependent on OIL.

The enemy, understands this, the enemy has proven their willingness to destroy this resource for the sole purpose of destroying your life, lifestyle, ability to do what you do, eat what you eat, watch what you watch, wear what you wear, live how you live ........

Tribe A needs meat. Their hunting ground is barren. They encroach upon Tribe B's hunting ground and Tribe A and Tribe B wage war with one another.

It's been that way since we've "evolved".

So why don't you show us that you're all you purport to be and mix in a solution rather than attempting to cheapen the efforts and sacrifices made by men and women that fight for the things you need for your life, lifestyle, ability to do what you do, eat what you eat, watch what you watch, wear what you wear, live how you live ........
But Tom, why did they lie about how he died?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

If it was in fact and outright LIE, rather than embellishment prior to finding and analyizing the facts, I reckon it was for the sole purpose of getting inside your "dome" and have 'bode over you.

Either that or the simple reason of "The guys over at T1B will have a field day with this...."
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Although they represent the evil Satan Bush, I must agree with Mr. Mvscal and the Doctor of Detroit. The Satanic Army lied about Tillman? What exactly is the problem here?

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

If it was in fact and outright LIE, rather than embellishment prior to finding and analyizing the facts
You're kidding, right? You're calling it "embellishment"?

Thanks, Tom. Now you've made it abundantly clear what your intentions are.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Pat Tillman was an inspiration to all those brave young freckle-faced lads who want to sign up to do their duty and defeat the Islamic Horde. If Uncle Sam says he died in battle from enemy fire then it's good enough for me.

Gee willikers.

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:They even went so far as to destroy his clothing and body armor to hide the real evidence, citing "BioHazard" Talk about a BS reason.

Stupid lying fuckhead.
At the time, officials claimed his uniform had been burned because it presented a biohazard. However, investigators now say his clothes should have been preserved as evidence.

The military investigation, led by Brig Gen Gary Jones of the Army Special Operations Command, was carried out at the request of Tillman family, who wanted to know why the uniform was burned and why information was withheld.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote:
If it was in fact and outright LIE, rather than embellishment prior to finding and analyizing the facts
You're kidding, right? You're calling it "embellishment"?

Thanks, Tom. Now you've made it abundantly clear what your intentions are.
Quite frankly, my intention here is to highlight the fact that until you lead a fire team in a combat situation and understand the full scope of a fire fight and what it takes to coordinate fire, ...... I'll find your conclusions nothing but speculative and uninformed conjecture at best.

You claim "LIE". The truth and the facts of what happened that day might not have been known to the people making the announcement and penning the press release. If you can prove they were, then I'll accept your claim that it was an outright LIE. But you've already stated the Tillman family initiated the investigation AFTER the inititial release of the story.

Are exploits in combat ever "embellished" ? Sure they are, we just had a Presidential Candidate that did it/had it done for him. Hell, I bet living CMOH recipients would read the account of their exploits and say "Well, it sounds a bit more grandiose than I remember and I didn't do it alone ...... ".
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Uncle Fester wrote:Pat Tillman was an inspiration to all those brave young freckle-faced lads who want to sign up to do their duty and defeat the Islamic Horde. If Uncle Sam says he died in battle from enemy fire then it's good enough for me.

Gee willikers.

You better be planning a "Yankee Doodle Doctor" reset as a finale.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Paging "Bones" troll...
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..