LeBron Jayne

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

LeBron Jayne

Post by Softball Bat »

He is poised to pass Kareem Abdul Jabbar and become the NBA's all-time leading scorer.
It will probably happen in the next week-or-so.

Jayne is also #4 all-time in assists.
He is 32nd all-time in rebounds. One spot behind the great Jack Sikma! And three spots behind the even greater Dolph Schayes! Sincerely, Wolfie!

Does anyone here (other than Bill in H-town) care about LeBron passing Kareem?

I'm not excited, but did feel a desire to put the topic up for discussion.

Is this a big deal?

Discuss.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: LeBron Jayne

Post by Wolfman »

Dolph Schayes---- no 3 point shots in those days. His "rainbow shots" would have made him up a notch or two.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Not a fair comparison concerning FG%.

Almost all of Kareem's points were in the paint. Much of LeBron's were outside.

As for number of points, doesn't hurt when you can start piling them up a few years before you can legally buy a beer.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You could argue it or find the facts and use them. I have no doubt which one you will pick.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kareem's sky hook was typically from the paint, straight out from the basket.

Lebron had more than his pair share of dunks, but I am sure he took more jumpers than Kareem ever did.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You should triple post.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You have to be some shitty AI.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

JPGettysburg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:52 pm
I often find that leftists who claim "facts", are
oftentimes proven dead wrong.

Why do you suppose that is?
Because you are a self blinded mental case crying for attention.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Kierland wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:21 pm You have to be some shitty AI.
Pops needs to add him to his list of AI bots. A below average intelligence bot.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

See what I mean? I am not a leftist, but you are unable to recognize that. Yeah, self blinded.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

JPGettysburg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:33 pm
The point is that you can't fool me about your political leanings. I've been at this longer than you've been alive.
Confirmation bias. You have no idea my age. Keep proving my point.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

LeBron’s accomplishments are incredible.

Insane that a basketball question has deteriorated to the level it has in this thread.

We couldn’t discuss the merits of toasted PBJ vs untoasted in here!
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

No problem with the basketball points.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

JPGettysburg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:09 pm
Booger wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:00 pm LeBron’s accomplishments are incredible.

Insane that a basketball question has deteriorated to the level it has in this thread.

We couldn’t discuss the merits of toasted PBJ vs untoasted in here!
My takes clearly applaud lebron's achievement as remarkable. I only wanted to shed some light on the importance of FG percentage and Kareem's "sky-hook", one of the greatest, most difficult and iconic shots in NBA history.
I thought it added to the discussion immensely, while still recognizing lebron's legacy, and the guy he is about to surpass.
Yes what about Kareem?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Booger wrote:Insane that a basketball question has deteriorated to the level it has in this thread.
When I saw that this thread had 25 replies, I knew what happened.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

And we all know who initiated it.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Nice childish retort.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Except for the fact that LeBron is a race-hustling grifter drama queen narcissist who routinely walks, he's a hell of a ballplayer. Last weekend in the national broadcast game against the Celtics he sure did get fouled driving to the hoop--the ref right there watching it--and no call. And of course LeBron went straight in full Pagilacci mode--maybe his best ever? Ha ha. Go Boston!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihITTOy7m8s
Before God was, I am
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:55 pm
Booger wrote:Insane that a basketball question has deteriorated to the level it has in this thread.
When I saw that this thread had 25 replies, I knew what happened.
Back to the topic...

Lebron is a rare combination of height, size, durability, balance, and discipline. He's bigger, faster, and more agile than anyone his size. Dude is fit as anyone in the league. He's like Shaq but can play wing. And shoot free throws, lol. It's a crazy combination of abilities.

I thought Zion Williams was going to be the next big thing but it appears he lacks discipline and durability. Zion gets injured a lot and won't discipline his food hole while he's laying around doing nothing. The Pelicans were smart to write a weight limit into his contract. Dude might just eat himself out of a career.

I give Lebron credit for the achievement but with several big, fat asterisks.

* - It's not the same NBA. Teams are scoring 20-30% more points per game on average than they were in Kareem's era. The league micromanaged defenses to create scoring. The referees call maybe one in five infractions because apparently they've been instructed to not interrupt game play with the pittances of rules. Everyone is scoring more and Lebron is scoring the more-est.

** - Lebron is a whiny little bitch. He complains to the refs like Kobe did during the later years when Kobe was no longer dominant and had to rely on the referees to save him from being outplayed by younger guys. For several years you were not allowed to steal the ball from Kobe Bryant; it was always a foul. Lebron wants the same consideration from the referees and he usually gets it. Also, Lebron has a long legacy of flopping and it's fucking embarrassing. Until the NBA comes up with a video review system where players can be fined after gameplay, super stars like James will continue falling over their own shoes and throwing their hands up like someone just shot MLK. I don't recall seeing Kareem pulling this shit:

You get a huge, HUGE asterisk next to your scoring title if you're pulling this hollywood acting bullshit.
Shut up, Randy!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Nice post, Donnie!

LeBron has a great work ethic, he's been a champion, he has maintained his game longer than anyone else, and he has pretty much avoided any significant off-court drama.

For all of those things, I applaud him.
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Donnie! Great post amigo.

Closeted sports writer, come on out.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

It's nice of Donnie to finally come out of the closet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yeah Lebron invented crying and flopping.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

MJ has a whole lot of demons in his closet. :waz:
Before God was, I am
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Kierland is going to be so upset when he finds out who pulled a "whatabout Jordan" in a Lebron/Jabbar thread. Kierland hates it when people whatabout stuff.
Shut up, Randy!
General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

JPGettysburg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:11 am
LTS TRN 2 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:16 pm Except for the fact that LeBron is a race-hustling grifter drama queen narcissist who routinely walks, he's a hell of a ballplayer. Last weekend in the national broadcast game against the Celtics he sure did get fouled driving to the hoop--the ref right there watching it--and no call. And of course LeBron went straight in full Pagilacci mode--maybe his best ever? Ha ha. Go Boston!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihITTOy7m8s
He really is a left-wing low IQ snowflake.
Too stupid to understand that his league, the NBA, is in bed with lthe eft-wing communist government of China.
Amen. He's a shit for brains who bowed at the altar of BLM and is the biggest hypocrite in Pro Sports history.
well kiss my ass and call it rosy
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Donnie Baker wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:06 am Kierland is going to be so upset when he finds out who pulled a "whatabout Jordan" in a Lebron/Jabbar thread. Kierland hates it when people whatabout stuff.
Says the guy that compared him to Zion, Kareem, Shaq and Kobe. Yeah you’re a fucking idiot.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Unfortunately Zion is not going to happen--at least as far as the eye-popping predictions which seemed apt--and that's too bad because such candidates for greatness are rare. His problem is simply being too big for the kind of exertion to which he's naturally driven. The human physique has its limits, especially in the knees, and big guys who can adapt, like Shaq and LeBron, feel that careful balance.
Before God was, I am
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Interesting trivia: Lebron has made 2230 3-pt shots in his career. Kareem was…. 1 for 18 in his career :lol: :lol:

Both are all-time greats. Great scorers and defenders. Lebron is also fourth in career assists.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Another shit take from the mindless.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Lebron is one of the greatest all around basketball players ever. There is no denying that. His body is built to just keep going like a machine which has afforded him to stay healthy and play at a high level for so long.

But let’s keep in perspective the eras of which he and Kareem played. During a lot of Kareem’s career, basketball was a distant 3rd in popularity in the US and was hardly a global sport. Kareem was not a protected asset that was the face of the NBA. He had to play on a level playing field without assistance from the refs.

Momentum was squashed by very connected people when the FBI wanted to dig deeper into Tim Donaghy’s claims that the NBA told referees to treat superstars with a light whistle in games. Lebron’s always been given the benefit of the doubt on foul calls.

Kareem had 9,394 FTA in 1560 games versus Lebron having 10,939 in 1409 games.

That tells you right there the games didn’t protect its superstars back then like it does today. The game was way more physical back then and ticky-tack fouls were nonexistent.

This is why you can’t compare eras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You can’t compare eras because you are too stupid to factor in differences. That’s literally what comparing is.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Definitely shitty AI.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I wasn’t given a Purple Heart for my service in WW2, nice try though.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

JPGettysburg wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:19 pm He was comparing a guy who regularly takes 3 pt shots, to a guy who almost never takes 3 pt shots.
He also ignores the fact that the 3 pt shot wasn't a thing for a good chunk of Kareem's career. I'm surprised a 7'+ center with an unstoppable skyhook even made 18 attempts. My guess is most of these were time clock about to expire might as well type shots.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Go Coogs' wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:45 pm Lebron is one of the greatest all around basketball players ever. There is no denying that. His body is built to just keep going like a machine which has afforded him to stay healthy and play at a high level for so long.

But let’s keep in perspective the eras of which he and Kareem played. During a lot of Kareem’s career, basketball was a distant 3rd in popularity in the US and was hardly a global sport. Kareem was not a protected asset that was the face of the NBA. He had to play on a level playing field without assistance from the refs.

Momentum was squashed by very connected people when the FBI wanted to dig deeper into Tim Donaghy’s claims that the NBA told referees to treat superstars with a light whistle in games. Lebron’s always been given the benefit of the doubt on foul calls.

That tells you right there the games didn’t protect its superstars back then like it does today. The game was way more physical back then and ticky-tack fouls were nonexistent.

Good post, Rumps.

A Jabbar detractor might point out that there were not as many really tall players in Kareem's era, and especially in his early years.
Kareem, Wilt, and few others, who really weren't very skilled, were the only "giants" in the league.

So Kareem was often operating with a height advantage.

And of course, he used that legendary sky hook to make hay.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:55 pm
JPGettysburg wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:19 pm He was comparing a guy who regularly takes 3 pt shots, to a guy who almost never takes 3 pt shots.
He also ignores the fact that the 3 pt shot wasn't a thing for a good chunk of Kareem's career. I'm surprised a 7'+ center with an unstoppable skyhook even made 18 attempts. My guess is most of these were time clock about to expire might as well type shots.
The only thing I ignored was any thought from you.
Kareem entered the NBA in ‘69. Did you need me to look that up for you???

The NBA implemented the 3-point shot in 1979. Again do you need help with this???

What is it that you missed in my post? Hmmm???

Do you not understand that there are two different players from two different eras? Did i post anything different??

More specifically are there two different players with two dramatically different styles of play in two different eras that you dumb fucks are trying to compare?!?!?!

And my previous post went so far over your feeble heads it is completely laughable.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

JPGettysburg wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:21 pm
poptartt wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:39 am
Go Coogs' wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:45 pm Lebron is one of the greatest all around basketball players ever. There is no denying that. His body is built to just keep going like a machine which has afforded him to stay healthy and play at a high level for so long.

Good post, Rumps.

A Jabbar detractor might point out that there were not as many really tall players in Kareem's era, and especially in his early years.
Kareem, Wilt, and few others, who really weren't very skilled, were the only "giants" in the league.

So Kareem was often operating with a height advantage.

And of course, he used that legendary sky hook to make hay.
No way. Jabbar played in the 70's and 80's where there were plenty of huge monsters and bruisers in a NBA that was as physical as any other time in history. Lebron on the other hand, plays in a time of sissy ball. Nowhere near the physicality of Kareem's era.
Abdul Jabbar broke in in 1969, and through the '70s there were not many 7 ft players.
Kareem was 7'2" and routinely had a 3 or more inch height advantage.

Remember when he busted Kent Benson in the face?
Benson was 6'10".

That's how it was almost every night for Kareem.

I am no knocking Jabbar, but am just pointing out reality.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Bill in Houston wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:30 am
smackaholic wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:55 pm
The only thing I ignored was any thought from you.
Kareem entered the NBA in ‘69. Did you need me to look that up for you???

The NBA implemented the 3-point shot in 1979. Again do you need help with this???

What is it that you missed in my post? Hmmm???

Do you not understand that there are two different players from two different eras? Did i post anything different??

More specifically are there two different players with two dramatically different styles of play in two different eras that you dumb fucks are trying to compare?!?!?!

And my previous post went so far over your feeble heads it is completely laughable.
Just re-read Bill's post. First time I read it as a "LeBron better than Kareem" post. I now see it was more just a statement of fact.

I agree with pretty much everything you say here. It is kind of pointless to get into a who's better argument, especially when they never played head to head.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The simple fact is that LeBron is a physical freak. He would have been dominant with his combination of size, speed and talent, regardless of what era he played in.

I will give you that the rough play could have likely taken its toll when it came to how long he played.

As for his personal character, he's a mixed bag.

His ignoring of real repression in China, while he plays up the grossly exaggerated race problems here is shameful.

But he does appear to be a very good husband and father and he does a lot for underprivileged kids.

And in my book, what you do trumps what you blab on about. Deeds trump words.