It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Re: LeBron Jayne

Post by Go Coogs' »

JPGettysburg wrote:
Softball Bat wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:39 am
Go Coogs' wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:45 pm Lebron is one of the greatest all around basketball players ever. There is no denying that. His body is built to just keep going like a machine which has afforded him to stay healthy and play at a high level for so long.

But let’s keep in perspective the eras of which he and Kareem played. During a lot of Kareem’s career, basketball was a distant 3rd in popularity in the US and was hardly a global sport. Kareem was not a protected asset that was the face of the NBA. He had to play on a level playing field without assistance from the refs.

Momentum was squashed by very connected people when the FBI wanted to dig deeper into Tim Donaghy’s claims that the NBA told referees to treat superstars with a light whistle in games. Lebron’s always been given the benefit of the doubt on foul calls.

Kareem had 9,394 FTA in 1560 games versus Lebron having 10,939 in 1409 games.

That tells you right there the games didn’t protect its superstars back then like it does today. The game was way more physical back then and ticky-tack fouls were nonexistent.

This is why you can’t compare eras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good post, Rumps.

A Jabbar detractor might point out that there were not as many really tall players in Kareem's era, and especially in his early years.
Kareem, Wilt, and few others, who really weren't very skilled, were the only "giants" in the league.

So Kareem was often operating with a height advantage.

And of course, he used that legendary sky hook to make hay.
No way. Jabbar played in the 70's and 80's where there were plenty of huge monsters and bruisers in a NBA that was as physical as any other time in history. Lebron on the other hand, plays in a time of sissy ball. Nowhere near the physicality of Kareem's era.
We can get into a rabbit hole of nuances of the game back then versus now. I can make a big argument in favor of Lebron by pointing out the NBA-ABA merger didn’t take place until the 76-77 season. If you look closely at KAJ’s stats, they did take a slight dip after that. However, he was approaching his age 30 season, so was age starting to take affect? Did the merger inject a ton of talent into the league, so he wasn’t as dominant? Maybe a little bit of both.

But there were definitely bruisers and enforcers on teams back then that only played to disrupt and instigate hot players. The Lakers and Celtics did this to Hakeem in the ‘86 season because he was an absolute animal in the paint with his rim protection and rebounding. The bad boys of Detroit would take Jordan’s head off when he went into the lane.

Sh*t if the league protected MJ in the early part of his career like they did with Lebron, he’d probably average 40 a game for his career.

88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yeah, late 80s early 90s basketball was pretty fierce. The Pistons were the best example of it.

Did LeBron and Rodman overlap careers? I think they did for a few years. Rodman in his prime was the greatest defensive player I have ever seen. He would have given Lebron fits. He was the only person who could take Shaq 1 on 1 when Shaq was in his prime.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Never mind, looked it up. The worm was long gone when LJ got there. For some reason, I thought he had played more recently. Probably because he kept his name in the papers long after his playing days through Dennis being Dennis.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Or because you are an idiot? Did you ever think of that? Of course you didn’t because you’re an idiot.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

JPGettysburg wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:24 pm
Bill in Houston wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:30 am
smackaholic wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:55 pm

He also ignores the fact that the 3 pt shot wasn't a thing for a good chunk of Kareem's career. I'm surprised a 7'+ center with an unstoppable skyhook even made 18 attempts. My guess is most of these were time clock about to expire might as well type shots.
The only thing I ignored was any thought from you.
Kareem entered the NBA in ‘69. Did you need me to look that up for you???

The NBA implemented the 3-point shot in 1979. Again do you need help with this???

What is it that you missed in my post? Hmmm???

Do you not understand that there are two different players from two different eras? Did i post anything different??

More specifically are there two different players with two dramatically different styles of play in two different eras that you dumb fucks are trying to compare?!?!?!

And my previous post went so far over your feeble heads it is completely laughable.
You sick dumb fuck. By your OWN post, Kareem played HALF his career with NO 3 pt shot.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,
Kareem's era was light years more physical.

Players routinely mauled each other.

So yes, we can point out that Lebron plays in a more sissified era.
Are you able to provide any evidence/support of your “more physical” or “sissified” claims????

Really, anything to put your post in logical perspective would be great for us to continue a discussion.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:54 pm
smackaholic wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:55 pm

He also ignores the fact that the 3 pt shot wasn't a thing for a good chunk of Kareem's career. I'm surprised a 7'+ center with an unstoppable skyhook even made 18 attempts. My guess is most of these were time clock about to expire might as well type shots.

The NBA implemented the 3-point shot in 1979. Again do you need help with this???

Do you not understand that there are two different players from two different eras? Did i post anything different??

More specifically are there two different players with two dramatically different styles of play in two different eras that you dumb fucks are trying to compare?!?!?!

And my previous post went so far over your feeble heads it is completely laughable.
Just re-read Bill's post. First time I read it as a "LeBron better than Kareem" post. I now see it was more just a statement of fact.

I agree with pretty much everything you say here. It is kind of pointless to get into a who's better argument, especially when they never played head to head.
What a novel convention, reading comprehension!!!!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Rumps wrote:I can make a big argument in favor of Lebron by pointing out the NBA-ABA merger didn’t take place until the 76-77 season. If you look closely at KAJ’s stats, they did take a slight dip after that. However, he was approaching his age 30 season, so was age starting to take affect? Did the merger inject a ton of talent into the league, so he wasn’t as dominant? Maybe a little bit of both.
There were only 14 teams in the NBA when Kareem began in 1969.
He averaged well over 30 pts a game for his first 6 seasons.

Early in his career he was one of only a few "giants" in the league.
Hell, the "big man" for the Washington Bullets was Wes Unseld, who was the same height as Charles Barkley.
lol

When the league bumped up to 22 teams in 1976, as you noted, his numbers declined.
He was in his late 20's at that time.

Kareem was feasting on shorter players and lesser talent early in his career, when he was young.
Things became more difficult for him as his career went on.
Thankfully for him, he was surrounded by great talent on the Lakers.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

The new scoring King, with Kareem in the stands clapping.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You don’t know anything about Physics do you?
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

JPGettysburg wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:52 am And don't give a damn if you need evidence.
I see you waving your big white flag.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

JPGettysburg wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:25 pm
Kierland wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:28 am You don’t know anything about Physics do you?
Quantum physics?
That too but I was talking about like 9th-12th grade General Physics.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Bill in Houston wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:18 am

Just re-read Bill's post. First time I read it as a "LeBron better than Kareem" post. I now see it was more just a statement of fact.

I agree with pretty much everything you say here. It is kind of pointless to get into a who's better argument, especially when they never played head to head.
Yup, reading comp is a good thing. At least I admitted to speed reading through something and missing the point of it. It's a shame your side with its 'everything is racist' level of comprehension won't admit to it. But in your case, it isn't a simple matter of misreading. It is a concerted effort to just paint the other side as evil because you won't discuss the topic as adults.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:11 pm Or because you are an idiot? Did you ever think of that? Of course you didn’t because you’re an idiot.
No, dumbfukk. I explained exactly why my first impression was that his career was later than it was. There is also the fact that I haven't given the slightest of fukks about the NBA for an awfully long time.

80s NBA was fun. You had showtime vs a bunch of slow white dudes who somehow managed to win. You also had an obviously immensely talented young MJ, who you just knew would stack trophies once he got an adequate supporting cast. And of course there was that mob in Detoilet who won their share, partly through talent and partly through assault and battery.

I sort of followed Michael's reign of the 90s, but the whole adult thing (getting married and having kids) really cut into trivial shit like pro sports.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

That wasn’t an explanation, it was a bunch of excuses for being wrong. And then some fragile masculinity and yelling at a cloud.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

And let me admit before all the racism spotters chime in that yes, I did become a Celts fan specifically because they were a collection of slow white dudes. And I was an admitted 70s Celts hater. I was a knicks fan as a kid.

Does this make me racist? I doubt it.

I was also a big fan of a young Tiger Woods, before he became a cunt, for the same reason. I get a kick out of someone getting over in sports who really shouldn't. In one case it's slow white dudes, in the other it is a balck kid pwning a bunch of older white dudes.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:50 pm That wasn’t an explanation, it was a bunch of excuses for being wrong. And then some fragile masculinity and yelling at a cloud.
I plead guilty on the charge of being wrong.

Not sure about "fragile masculinity".

And where exactly did I "yell at a cloud"?

I think you're confusing me with old dude on TV last night.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:06 pm
Kierland wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:50 pm That wasn’t an explanation, it was a bunch of excuses for being wrong. And then some fragile masculinity and yelling at a cloud.
I plead guilty on the charge of being wrong.

Not sure about "fragile masculinity".

And where exactly did I "yell at a cloud"?

I think you're confusing me with old dude on TV last night.
lol
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:01 pm And let me admit before all the racism spotters chime in that yes, I did become a Celts fan specifically because they were a collection of slow white dudes. And I was an admitted 70s Celts hater. I was a knicks fan as a kid.

Does this make me racist? I doubt it.

I was also a big fan of a young Tiger Woods, before he became a cunt, for the same reason. I get a kick out of someone getting over in sports who really shouldn't. In one case it's slow white dudes, in the other it is a balck kid pwning a bunch of older white dudes.
Actually it does.
Hope that helps.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Your pointing out "racism" means nothing to anyone here. Everything is racism to you, douchebag.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

That’s a lie. There are plenty of posters here that are not racist scum. You just don’t happen to be one of them, but you keep shooting the messenger you fucking POS.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:34 pm Your pointing out "racism" means nothing to anyone here. Everything is racism to you, douchebag.
Yup. When everything is racism, nothing is racism. Kierland is too stupid to understand. Pat him on the head and send him on his way. Retardation cannot be fixed.
Shut up, Randy!
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:16 pm
Bill in Houston wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:18 am

Yup, reading comp is a good thing. At least I admitted to speed reading through something and missing the point of it. It's a shame your side with its 'everything is racist' level of comprehension won't admit to it. But in your case, it isn't a simple matter of misreading. It is a concerted effort to just paint the other side as evil because you won't discuss the topic as adults.
That’s fuckin rich. I post something apolitical.
You spew…. Whatever. And then later accuse me of being racist. WTF?

Then you want to make my basketball take as some kind of conspiracy?

Dude, you seriously need to step away from this.
For some considerable time.

When you’re ready, after serious reflection, I would be more than happy to discuss with you “as an adult “.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:30 pm
Kierland wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:11 pm Or because you are an idiot? Did you ever think of that? Of course you didn’t because you’re an idiot.
No, dumbfukk. I explained exactly why my first impression was that his career was later than it was. There is also the fact that I haven't given the slightest of fukks about the NBA for an awfully long time.

80s NBA was fun. You had showtime vs a bunch of slow white dudes who somehow managed to win. You also had an obviously immensely talented young MJ, who you just knew would stack trophies once he got an adequate supporting cast. And of course there was that mob in Detoilet who won their share, partly through talent and partly through assault and battery.

I sort of followed Michael's reign of the 90s, but the whole adult thing (getting married and having kids) really cut into trivial shit like pro sports.
Suckaholic, you just admitted to not giving any fucks about the NBA , yet somehow feel compelled to post on a thread about the NBA?!?!???

We get that right??? You seriously need to check yourself.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

If you want to argue physicality, LeBron has played a more physical style of game than Jabbar did. Kareem played much of his career as more of a finesse player.

He just didn’t shoot threes. Lebron, while not a great three shooter did learn how to incorporate the shot into his game. He took advantage of it. This is to his credit.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Donnie Baker wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:38 pm
smackaholic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:34 pm Your pointing out "racism" means nothing to anyone here. Everything is racism to you, douchebag.
Yup. When everything is racism, nothing is racism. Kierland is too stupid to understand. Pat him on the head and send him on his way. Retardation cannot be fixed.
Why are you lying about me?
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Thanks, Lebron, for being such an amazing athlete.

Damn shame you’re such a low class, dumb guy.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

And how classic that when Lebron stopped celebrating himself and got back to the game, the Lakers lost. But he didn't care. :oops:
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I am sorry I have to say it, but the scene after LeBron broke the record was -----> very lame.
Very.

None of his teammates even came up to him.
None.
lol

In fact, you can tell that it was orchestrated to be that way.
After he stood and postured solo for a short time, fliends and family came up to him -- but no teammates.

And of course he broke the all-time NBA scoring record wearing pink shoes.

LMAO!

LeBron Jayne.

Compare it to the scene when Kareem broke Wilt's record, which while also somewhat orchestrated, had a little bit of genuine emotion in it...

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Shutting down the game for some ridiculous ceremony is bullshit. It can wait to the end of the game.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Bill in Houston wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:55 pm
smackaholic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:30 pm

Suckaholic, you just admitted to not giving any fucks about the NBA , yet somehow feel compelled to post on a thread about the NBA?!?!???

We get that right??? You seriously need to check yourself.
If you re-read my post I said that I didn't give two fukks about it during the time period discussed, mainly because the whole playing grown up part of life took away from trivial shit such as following sports closely.

This doesn't mean I never followed it at all. And it doesn't mean I can't express my admittedly illinformed opinion. So fukk off.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

LeBron's 18 year old son has suffered cardiac arrest.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... condition/

Hmmmm...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

:shock:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:23 pm Hmmmm...
Yes, indeed.

Sincerely,
Hank Gathers
Reggie Lewis
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

According to International Olympic Committee data, “an average of 29 athletes under the age of 35 suffered sudden death per year from 1966 to 2004. From March 2021 to March 2022, 769 athletes have died or suffered cardiac arrest."

shhhhh. Pharma no likey.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ovid-19-v/
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

“Or”

You people can’t even read.

Edit to add: or read your own links it appears.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

"Have you ever seen an old giant?"

Movie line from My Giant.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Sshhhhh. Seer no very smart.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Funny. Pfizer and Moderna and numerous nations recognize the risk that healthy young people incur by getting the covid vaccines, but we have posters in here who ignore the science.

Oh well…keep bowing to the capitalist pigs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Quick, get him a booster. He’ll be ok.

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:33 pm
Softball Bat wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:23 pm Hmmmm...
Yes, indeed.

Sincerely,
Hank Gathers
Reggie Lewis

They must have got the covid booster back in the 80's.

How you can't see this just shows how brainwashed you are by the Chinese and US governments.

-Sudden Sam