The new normal?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Kierland

The new normal?

Post by Kierland »

So if Biden wins it appears there will be three factions on the board:
The old right: Loons like Shedick and Pikkkle; Bunker dwellers and Drive bys like pedokkkal and BrokenPsyche; plus pop In some other right wing category
The Biden people: What was the GOP which I think includes Chip and Old Guard Dems like Screwy and I think Diego and Bill and Mikey.
Progressives: Which might just be me so maybe it should say Progressive.

It will be nice to disagree* with people who are not nazis and for the most part mean well, but just need a little straightening out. :grin:

Fell free to slot yourself in if I missed you or tell me how I’m wrong if I did put you on a list.

*Team D, being notorious for fucking up election strategy could still make a sow’s ear out of a silk purse.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: The new normal?

Post by Wolfman »

"If Biden wins" ??
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

Everything has shifted to the left....

The GOP are now the 1990's Dumbocrats
The Dumbocrats are now the communist party.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Kierland wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:17 pm So if Biden wins it appears there will be three factions on the board:
The old right: Loons like Shedick and Pikkkle; Bunker dwellers and Drive bys like pedokkkal and BrokenPsyche; plus pop In some other right wing category
The Biden people: What was the GOP which I think includes Chip and Old Guard Dems like Screwy and I think Diego and Bill and Mikey.

It will be nice to disagree* with people who are not nazis and for the most part mean well, but just need a little straightening out. :grin:

Fell free to slot yourself in if I missed you or tell me how I’m wrong if I did put you on a list.

*Team D, being notorious for fucking up election strategy could still make a sow’s ear out of a silk purse.
Don't give yourself so much credit. You're more of a contrarian than an actual progressive.

I'm probably more of a progressive than you think. But I'm also a realist, and realize that the most important outcome in the short term is to get rid of the criminal that currently occupies the White House along with his cronies in the Administration and the bootlicking Republicans in Congress. The Senate in particular.

Then we can get to work on the other stuff, which actually requires work and not just shouting your fool head off.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wolfman wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:43 pm "If Biden wins" ??
I agree. Not even a question, outside Trump succeeding in rigging the election.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:28 pm
Wolfman wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:43 pm "If Biden wins" ??
I agree. Not even a question, outside Trump succeeding in rigging the election.

Don't count your chickens. That's what everybody thought four years ago.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

“contrarian”

Just because most people are usually wrong, that doesn’t make the person that is usually right a contrarian, so much as it makes those that are usually wrong, bad at labeling too.

I do think of you as being more progressive than to back Biden, at least as strongly as you are. Team D MUST win this one so it is the perfect time to put the screws to them, but nobody seems to get that.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Biden wasn't my first choice in the primary. Or my second, or my third. Or probably fourth for that matter. But he's what we're stuck with to get rid of the fat orange dumpster.

So, for now, I'm all in.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

You all sound like battered Mormon wives afraid to leave your father or divorce your husband. Sometimes the devil you know is worse in the long run than the devil the first devil warns you about.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Fuck off. You don't know shit.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:05 pm Fuck off. You don't know shit.
Did the devil make you say that or was it the first devil who warned you about the devil, make you say that?
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

I know you cats need to read more Aasimov.

(Strikebreaker applies.)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:41 pm

(Strikebreaker applies.)
Read most of his stuff (at least the sci-fi stuff) 50 years ago.

Maybe I need to re-visit.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:23 pm
Did the devil make you say that or was it the first devil who warned you about the devil, make you say that?

There's only one devil.

Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:23 pm
The Democrats cannot be changed from the inside, and acquiescing to scaremongering tactics about Trump pushes them to be MORE corporatist and LESS progressive. Rewarding the Democrats for the stunts pulled to get Kamala in the white house by any means necessary will backfire, especially for blacks.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:43 pm
Innocent Bystander wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:41 pm

(Strikebreaker applies.)
Read most of his stuff (at least the sci-fi stuff) 50 years ago.

Maybe I need to re-visit.
Definitely, man.

The best sci-fi is social, not hard. The hard shit gets outdated. The social is eternal. That's why people pissed off about Will Smith's I, Robot and the Dutch dude's Starship Troopers are corny. Those two got the social commentary down.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

See, when you start talking about "scaremongering" that shows that you don't know shit. Calling out truth and facts is not scaremongering.

Seems to me that your're scaremongering about the Democrats.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:53 pm See, when you start talking about "scaremongering" that shows that you don't know shit. Calling out truth and facts is not scaremongering.
If I don't vote Biden, I ain't black.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:56 pm
Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:53 pm See, when you start talking about "scaremongering" that shows that you don't know shit. Calling out truth and facts is not scaremongering.
And which Democrats, exactly, said that? It would show that you're monumentally stupid, ignorant, or both misinformed, but it doesn't say anything about your race.

Like I said...scaremongering.

You can vote for whoever you want. That doesn't change any of the facts about Trump, his criminal cronies, or the Republicans in Congress.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:57 pm
And which Democrats, exactly, said that? It would show that you're monumentally stupid, ignorant, or both misinformed, but it doesn't say anything about your race.

You can vote for whoever you want. That doesn't change any of the facts about Trump, his criminal cronies, or the Republicans in Congress.
Your 2020 Democratic nominee for President of the United States, former Vice-President Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. on the Breakfast Club syndicated show during an interview with Charlemagne Tha God.

And you hate on BP? :grin: Trump hates us honestly. The Democrats snow job us. Blacks cannot allow the Democrats to snow job us anymore.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Kierland wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:17 pm So if Biden wins it appears there will be three factions on the board:

I’ve always appreciated being pigeonholed.

GFY

Thanks for putting me in a box.

GFY
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:56 pm
Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Your 2020 Democratic nominee for President of the United States, former Vice-President Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. on the Breakfast Club syndicated show during an interview with Charlemagne Tha God.

And you hate on BP? :grin: Trump hates us honestly. The Democrats snow job us. Blacks cannot allow the Democrats to snow job us anymore.
Biden fucked up. Tell me a politician who hasn’t?
Is that it? That one quote got you?

Trump hate us honestly? And dishonestly!

You don’t think R’s been foolin you??? You know better. Stop this shyte
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:22 pm

But I'm also a realist, and realize that the most important outcome in the short term is to get rid of the criminal that currently occupies the White House along with his cronies in the Administration and the bootlicking Republicans in Congress. The Senate in particular.

Then we can get to work on the other stuff, which actually requires work and not just shouting your fool head off.
And there is no corruption in the Democratic party at all. It is just the Republicans who are evil and corrupt and the Democrats are all straight forward and honest people with no corruption what so ever in their party. Bunch of fucking angels they are.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:32 pm

But I'm also a realist, and realize that the most important outcome in the short term is to get rid of the criminal that currently occupies the White House along with his cronies in the Administration and the bootlicking Republicans in Congress. The Senate in particular.

And there is no corruption in the Democratic party at all. It is just the Republicans who are evil and corrupt and the Democrats are all straight forward and honest people with no corruption what so ever in their party. Bunch of fucking angels they are.
Don’t even try to put words in my mouth, Jethro.

They’re mostly all corrupt to a certain degree, but the level of corruption and dishonesty being foisted on us by your Dear Leader, his spawn, his grifter cronies, and and the boot lickers in Congress is orders of magnitude greater than anything seen in the history of this country.

If you can’t see and acknowledge that you’re as brain dead as Annie.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Bill in Houston wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:22 pm
I’ve always appreciated being pigeonholed.

GFY

Thanks for putting me in a box.

GFY
I said; I think. That was meant to impart my lack of knowledge as to your positions, but thanks for your input.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

MS wrote:plus pop In some other right wing category
I am pro-life, pro-2nd Amendment, pro-balanced budgets, pro-states rights, pro-national defense.

I am strongly anti-Dump.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:23 am
I am pro-life, pro-2nd Amendment, pro-balanced budgets, pro-states rights, pro-national defense.

I am strongly anti-Dump.
The cognitive dissonance is strong in this one.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

mvscal wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:25 am

I am strongly anti-Dump.
He didn't say he was pro-Biden ...
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:50 pm
Derron wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:32 pm

Don’t even try to put words in my mouth, Jethro.

They’re mostly all corrupt to a certain degree, but the level of corruption and dishonesty being foisted on us by your Dear Leader, his spawn, his grifter cronies, and and the boot lickers in Congress is orders of magnitude greater than anything seen in the history of this country.

If you can’t see and acknowledge that you’re as brain dead as Annie.
You took Derron's sarcasm as sincerity? :lol: Why?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:00 am
mvscal wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:25 am

I am strongly anti-Dump.
He didn't say he was pro-Biden ...
Exactly.

Biden is a joke as a major party candidate.

The famous question...

Are you better off now than you were four years ago?

If you are among the top 1%, perhaps "yes" is your answer.

In no rational world can an average citizen answer "yes" to that question.

A vote for Dump is quite insane.

Such a vote would be based on racism, fear, and/or stupidity.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:05 am Exactly.

Biden is a joke as a major party candidate.

The famous question...

Are you better off now than you were four years ago?

If you are among the top 1%, perhaps "yes" is your answer.

In no rational world can an average citizen answer "yes" to that question.

A vote for Dump is quite insane.

Such a vote would be based on racism, fear, and/or stupidity.
For a number of blacks -- not all, not close to all -- the answer to 'are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?' is "Things are exactly the same" ... or even, for a few, 'things are better because there are less illegals'.

So it becomes, for some of us, 'what difference does it make?'

Certain of you talk shit about Dr. Stella Immanuel -- not because she says masks are meaningless. and not because she tested combining hydroxychloroquine with Zinc and azithromycin to keep 350 patients alive.

You talk shit about her because a very African immigrant woman using cultural words to describe some shit she's been seeing in the field.

And I bring her up now because certain of you scoff at the talk of alien DNA being observed; but didn't observe how the DNC intentionally demonized Bernie Sanders in the black community while raising Biden up as an non-racist ally.

The Democrats were the source of this edited video where Bernie drops racial stereotypes, not Republicans: https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8527360252

The heart of this settlement wasn't Bernie being racist, it was blacks versus illegals. But the DNC used it to frame Bernie himself as racist: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/featur ... e-surfaces

(Tezlyn Figaro) was brought on by former Our Revolution President Nina Turner, a top Sanders surrogate who is now national co-chair of his 2020 campaign. When Turner tried to make Figaro Our Revolution’s chief of staff, board members objected.

Past comments Figaro made about immigration on Twitter and as a pundit on Fox News quickly surfaced and drew rebuke, with critics and some Our Revolution staffers saying that they were anti-immigrant.

“If AMERICAN black folks can go to jail when they break the law then certainly so can an illegal immigrant,” she said in one tweet.

“U r being distracted abt ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS meanwhile more blacks are under prison/parole control in in 2010 than were enslaved in 1850,” she wrote in another.

Figaro, who had long worked as a consultant to Turner, publicly apologized but was fired. Our Revolution was aware of her past comments when she was hired, according to her lawsuit. Turner didn’t respond to a request for comment.

In the past, Figaro defended herself by noting that her comments echoed what Sanders has previously said.

“If poverty is increasing and if wages are going down, I don’t know why we need millions of people to be coming into this country as guest workers who will work for lower wages than American workers and drive wages down even lower than they are now,” Sanders said in a 2007 television interview explaining why he opposed a bipartisan immigration bill.
So Bernie is evil for blacks, but Biden -- and now, Biden/Kamala --is better?

Exactly why is Biden/Kamala better?