False Dichotomy Fallacy

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

False Dichotomy Fallacy

Post by Go Coogs' »

Why is it either/or with this board and this nation? Why is it all or nothing on ideals, politics, and social issues?

When I first joined this board back in ‘06 I was far right and didn’t know sh*t about anything as I was 28 years old and full of sock moisturizer with zero brains. The older I got I read articles that pandered to both sides. I made good friends with Hispanics and AAs over the years and just listened to what they had to say. It took me a while to warm up to the idea of their plights as I thought it was a ‘woe is me’ mentality, but after very long internal thoughts of what they were saying I realized they were right.

Black people aren’t allowed to be upset in public like I can. The stigma is there. I can walk into an establishment and be upset and hardly get noticed. Swap me out for a black dude and it’s a completely different ballgame. Black Lives Matter is an important t movement and I’m behind it. Am I 100% behind it? Absolutely not. I’m not for saying “f*ck the police”, rioting, looting, and defunding the police. But I am for removing the oppression that is clearly there. I am for justice for all police brutality cases. Nobody should be afraid of the police and everyone should be able to express themselves in public and draw the same kind of attention.

It’s ok to agree with certain things on the other side. This isn’t an either/or situation. There’s a middle ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Kierland

Re: False Dichotomy Fallacy

Post by Kierland »

And how would you remove the oppression?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Kierland wrote:And how would you remove the oppression?
Boomers and Xs have to be gone. I’ve noticed millennials are more supportive of removing oppression, so they will be Mikey’s age by the time this is nearly gone.

But there are some positives that came from this latest protest. NeckCar is behind BLM. That’s a move in the right direction.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Bullshit.

Is there racism?

Yes and it’s on all sides and if you want to be honest about it, you’ll see that blacks tend to be more prejudiced towards other groups. Just ask Petey Bootyfudge. Blacks shut his ass down because they still won’t vote for a dude that likes teh cask.

BLM isn’t about saving BLs. If it was, it would support cops who’s job it is to keep things civil where the overwhelming majority of BLs meet their end, almost always at the hands of another black dude.

Are there still people who look at blacks differently than they do others?

Sure. Just ask Jesse Jackson.

We all do it whether we want to admit it or not. And as long as people like George Floyd are held up as martyrs, this won’t change. He was a lifelong violent criminal with a bad drug habit.

So Coogs, be honest, what brought this change in you?

You’re gettin’ a little brown sugar, aincha ?

If you are, rack you, my man!!!!!

mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:46 am
We all do it whether we want to admit it or not. And as long as people like George Floyd are held up as martyrs, this won’t change. He was a lifelong violent criminal with a bad drug habit.
Which of course totally justifies police murdering him while unarmed and already restrained pre-trial! Because he might have had a record and a "bad drug habit," whatever the hell that is.

There's those jackboots that 88braincells is always whining about. But Suckaholic just uses to stomp on the necks of those he doesn't like.

Trump's America in a nutshell.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Slap
Elwood

Post by Slap »

smackaholic wrote:You’re gettin’ a little brown sugar, aincha ?
The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice.
smackaholic wrote:I would touch someone's dick, hell, I'd fukking blow him
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Holic must like to be handcuffed and choked out.
Weirdo.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Go Coogs' wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 am
Kierland wrote:And how would you remove the oppression?
Boomers and Xs have to be gone. I’ve noticed millennials are more supportive of removing oppression, so they will be Mikey’s age by the time this is nearly gone.

But there are some positives that came from this latest protest. NeckCar is behind BLM. That’s a move in the right direction.

I’m X and I have been fighting for this stuff as a job for 20 yrs. so it’s nice you see the problem, just not sure you have the solution.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Which of course totally justifies police murdering him while unarmed and already restrained pre-trial! Because he might have had a record and a "bad drug habit," whatever the hell that is.

There's those jackboots that 88braincells is always whining about. But Suckaholic just uses to stomp on the necks of those he doesn't like.

Have I stated that Floyd deserves to be killed?

No. He did not.

Police brutality is still a thing. Unionized public servants that don’t give a fukk about their bosses (the public) remains a problem.

But the charade of “systemic racism” is just that. And you “progressives” know it, but you also know that you need to keep balck dude pissed off at the evil systemic racist republicans.

Heaven forbid you be for things like school choice which would give poor black parents an opportunity to give their kids decent educations to escape poverty.

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

All lives matter. As soon as you start adding qualifiers it starts going off the rails.

Why does BLM as a movement focus on the very few cops/whIte killings of blacks and ignore the huge number of balck on balck killings? Why does BLM not talk about the balck babies that are aborted? So even within the BLM movement some lives apparently matter more than others.

As a result of BLM we got Blue Lives Matter, to recognize law officers killed in the line of duty. This then led to clashes that supporting one meant you didn’t support the other. Of course you could and should support both, but to many that isn’t possible.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:07 pm All lives matter.
Apparently black lives don't. Way to go.

It's about state sponsored murder, you got forsaken nimrod. That is why they aren't discussing the racist meme of balck on black crime.

Wake up already.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:07 pm All lives matter. As soon as you start adding qualifiers it starts going off the rails.

Why does BLM as a movement focus on the very few cops/whIte killings of blacks and ignore the huge number of balck on balck killings? Why does BLM not talk about the balck babies that are aborted? So even within the BLM movement some lives apparently matter more than others.

As a result of BLM we got Blue Lives Matter, to recognize law officers killed in the line of duty. This then led to clashes that supporting one meant you didn’t support the other. Of course you could and should support both, but to many that isn’t possible.
B kill b because of the drug war and systemic oppression. BLM is trying to change that and they could do all those things you suggest if it were not for racist assholes like you mucking up the works and voting for people who oppress them like the orange racist you voted for and both the Senators you voted for you fat stupid greedy asshole.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I said I didn’t agree with all of it, but there is an issue with the system. Of course racism is a two way street, but with the blacks and whites the history of racism runs way longer on one side. And we’re 70% of the nation vs 13% for AAs. I’ve been discriminated against by a group of black coworkers and did not feel good, but I surely wasn’t oppressed by their actions. It barely scratched the surface. I’m a white American male AND I’m over 6’ tall. I can’t even be discriminated against on tinder because I’m tall.

EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Go Coogs' wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:18 am Why is it either/or with this board and this nation? Why is it all or nothing on ideals, politics, and social issues?

When I first joined this board back in ‘06 I was far right and didn’t know sh*t about anything as I was 28 years old and full of sock moisturizer with zero brains. The older I got I read articles that pandered to both sides. I made good friends with Hispanics and AAs over the years and just listened to what they had to say. It took me a while to warm up to the idea of their plights as I thought it was a ‘woe is me’ mentality, but after very long internal thoughts of what they were saying I realized they were right.

Black people aren’t allowed to be upset in public like I can. The stigma is there. I can walk into an establishment and be upset and hardly get noticed. Swap me out for a black dude and it’s a completely different ballgame. Black Lives Matter is an important t movement and I’m behind it. Am I 100% behind it? Absolutely not. I’m not for saying “f*ck the police”, rioting, looting, and defunding the police. But I am for removing the oppression that is clearly there. I am for justice for all police brutality cases. Nobody should be afraid of the police and everyone should be able to express themselves in public and draw the same kind of attention.

It’s ok to agree with certain things on the other side. This isn’t an either/or situation. There’s a middle ground.

You can walk into an establishment as a white man, cause a disturbance and hardly get noticed?

Do you hear the bullshit coming out of you? Or are you really this stupid?

No white person can walk into any business or restaurant, cause a fuckin scene and go unnoticed. You are seriously detached from reality.
That's what happens when you drink bullshit propaganda.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Left Seater wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:07 pm All lives matter. As soon as you start adding qualifiers it starts going off the rails.

Because every 48 hours a brave male or female police officer is murdered.
And there's no worldwide bullshit propaganda movement.
9 unarmed blacks were shot last year. 5 of which were justified.
Every 48 hours, officers are murdered, with many many more shot and wounded for life.
Screw Kierland and the rest of the left wing low IQ's, are incapable of logic and reasoning.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Go Coogs' wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:50 pm I said I didn’t agree with all of it, but there is an issue with the system. Of course racism is a two way street, but with the blacks and whites the history of racism runs way longer on one side. And we’re 70% of the nation vs 13% for AAs. I’ve been discriminated against by a group of black coworkers and did not feel good, but I surely wasn’t oppressed by their actions. It barely scratched the surface. I’m a white American male AND I’m over 6’ tall. I can’t even be discriminated against on tinder because I’m tall.

Don't be fucking stupid your whole life.
Wow!! You're over 6 ft tall???
Congratulations!!! Try walking down the southside of Chicago one night. Your 6 ft ass will get sodomized and killed, OR killed then sodimozed. You idiot.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Kierland wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 pm

B kill b because of the drug war and systemic oppression. BLM is trying to change that and they could do all those things you suggest if it were not for racist assholes like you mucking up the works and voting for people who oppress them like the orange racist you voted for and both the Senators you voted for you fat stupid greedy asshole.
B kills b because of the drug war?
You really are a mentally ill sick fuck.
Are there some drug related murders? Sure.
But you justify black and brown rapes and murders by calling them drug and poverty related?
Justify black criminals because of racism and poverty?
You need serious psychological help. ASAP

The vast majority of black crime, just like the vast majority of white crime, is due to mentally disturbed criminals.
Color or race has nothing to do with criminal behavior.

Before blacks came to these shores, there was plenty of rape assaults, torture murder etc...for centuries in Africa.

You are so fucking sick to justify criminal behavior. Regardless of race, criminal behavior is criminal behavior.

For you to chalk up black crime to poverty and racism? Exposes you as the mentally disturbed sick fuck we've always known you to be.

How many poverty stricken whites can blame their crimes on their pathetic existence?

Millionaire OJ Simpson sliced off the heads of two whites due to oppression.
Bill cosby raped young woman due to oppression.
Kobe Bryant raped a beautiful young woman because he was a victim of oppression.

Criminals come in all colors.
Just like stupid disturbed fucks like you come in all colors.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:29 pm

We don't justify his murder.
That being said?
Why give a 4 hour televised memorial to honor a violent career criminal?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Go Coogs' wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 am
Oh the boomer hater card comes out. Epic. Blame it all on them. You fucking putz.

Millennials could give a fuck about anything that does not directly impact their day to day existence. I have 5 millennial kids. They have told me they could care less about all this race bullshit, and political bickering. Most of them don't vote, the only care that they can have the best of every thing before they are forty and bitch and complain when they cannot get it right away. Kind of like you when you brag about all the pussy you supposedly are shagging every night.

Millennials have to fit it with certain behaviors and demographics in order to be part of the in crowd. Their work situations and peer associations have more to do with their political bent than any kind of belief system or even remote understanding of the political system.

Everything will be just fine when the Boomers and X's are gone, they are the blockade to any kind of racial peace and understanding. Millennials will solve the worlds problems. You are just a complete fucking troll ass idiot.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:10 pm

It's about state sponsored murder, you got forsaken nimrod. That is why they aren't discussing the racist meme of balck on black crime.
So balck on balck crime is not fitting of discussion ? There has to be an element of government involved to make it discussion worthy ? You really have no clue has to which way your false narratives will go each morning....government is good if liberals are running things, but government is verrrry bad if anybody else is running it and this is the problem....burn you fingers on the deke this morning ?? How the fuck do you even function??
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

EAP wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:18 am Why is it either/or with this board and this nation? Why is it all or nothing on ideals, politics, and social issues?

You can walk into an establishment as a white man, cause a disturbance and hardly get noticed?

No white person can walk into any business or restaurant, cause a fuckin scene and go unnoticed. You are seriously detached from reality.
You’re a funny little tyrant, aren’t you?

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:45 pm
So balck on balck crime is not fitting of discussion ? There has to be an element of government involved to make it discussion worthy ? You really have no clue has to which way your false narratives will go each morning....government is good if liberals are running things, but government is verrrry bad if anybody else is running it and this is the problem....burn you fingers on the deke this morning ?? How the fuck do you even function??
The people: Police should be prosecuted for murdering unarmed suspects pre-trial.

Fucking idiots: BUT BUT what about black on balck crime? What about black on black murders?

Hitting the glass a little early this morning, aren't you, tiny yellow tweaker?
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Props to Coogs for trying to gain some understanding.
Not sure this is a good place to ask your questions as few here are interesting in intellectual discovery.

The middle ground you refer to is substantial in this country. The silent majority? perhaps.

The resistance to change comes from those threatened by it. They think they'll lose some privilege or power they perceive they have.

It's not necessarily the young ones who believe in change, but time will more things forward.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Bill in Houston wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:11 pm Props to Coogs for trying to gain some understanding.
Not sure this is a good place to ask your questions as few here are interesting in intellectual discovery.
Bill, it's a smack board. Cacs and latins. Not the Vatican library. Have you tuned into Tune Town yet? Should be one tonight, unless Smackie Chan has other shit to do.

Smackaholic, that was offensive. Also illuminating.

Tarkus, welcome back. You were quiet there for a bit.
TONTO
Elwood

Post by TONTO »

Bill in Houston wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:11 pm The resistance to change comes from those threatened by it.

TONTO understand fight for liberty.

EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Go Coogs' wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:50 pm
EAP wrote:

You’re a funny little tyrant, aren’t you?

I show your stupid words to you.
You deny it.
You don't know the meaning of "tyrant".

You're too new here to flaunt your low IQ.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Are you flexin’, bra? What do you lift?

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

There is nobody here from the right who can articulate just what is so great about their side. They are all either Dead, Run, Crazy or in their Bunker.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Kierland wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:16 pm There is nobody here from the right who can articulate just what is so great about their side. They are all either Dead, Run, Crazy or in their Bunker.
Are you krazy?
Liberty and the bill of rights are ALL the articulation you need.

The alternative is the left, which wants to tear up the bill of rights.

If you'd get your head out of your ass, you'd clearly see that.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Go Coogs' wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:08 pm Are you flexin’, bra? What do you lift?

flexing? What? Is this a "my dick is bigger than your dick" contest?

Cock and balls?

You and Tonto are the low rungs on the totem pole, (no pun intended Tonto)

You gotta earn your place here pal.

I was state arm wrestling champion 5 years in a row. Retired undefeated.

But I digress.

If you're a left wing nutjob, just be square with us.
We won't think any less of you.
Be honest and we'll see where it goes from there.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

False Dichotomy Fallacy

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote:There is nobody here from the right who can articulate just what is so great about their side. They are all either Dead, Run, Crazy or in their Bunker.
I think I articulate the libertarian viewpoint pretty well. That is that government sucks at pretty much anything it does. It’s tendency is towards corruption and incompetence.

That being the case, we should give them as little control as is practicable.

I will grant you that many that espouse that theory don’t practice it.

And one thing that government should do is enforce the laws on the book.

You fukking libs want tons of laws but won’t back the people charged to enforce them.

Last edited by smackaholic on Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

What does politics have to do with this? WITH THIS?

Also, read the topic again and you’ll know where I stand. We need to get better but we don’t need knee jerk reactions to do it.

TONTO
Elwood

Post by TONTO »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 pm I think I articulate the libertarian viewpoint pretty well.

TONTO laugh.

Now Nazi Bunker Bitch member pretend to be libertarian.

Remind TONTO of Nixon. Nobody ever admit they vote for Nixon.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 pm

That being the case, we should give them as little control as is practicable.
good Nazi response
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Go Coogs' wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 pm What does politics have to do with this? WITH THIS?

Also, read the topic again and you’ll know where I stand. We need to get better but we don’t need knee jerk reactions to do it.

You sound like someone who has been told to be better but you just don’t know how. It’s not knee jerk to disband cops. It’s been done and there are plenty of models.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

What do you do, smart guy?

Is this all George Soros, Antifa, and liberal chaos? I’m well aware of the propaganda and the fear mongering. All that is is noise.

But before any of this happened, I observed four black guys (all over 50) having a conversation about how they tell their sons that when the police pull you over just be respectful no matter how small the reason they pulled you over. Say “yes sir”, say “no sir” and “thank you”. They spoke out of fear and these are pretty sharp and successful guys. One guy told me he bought his son a nice truck and he put 26s on it. Said after he put those wheels and tires on the truck he was pulled over 9 times in less than three months and never got a ticket for anything, because he was completely innocent if wrong doing. But he fit a profile.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

See that is a perfect example. It sounds like you get it, but you call this knee jerk. Dude lots of people have given this a lot of thought AND implementation. It’s been 400 years just in the US and Plato was talking about it thousands of years ago.
You just think that way because it’s new to you so it seems knee jerk.

You can dip your toe in if you want, that is better than nothing I guess but the water is not going to burn or freeze you.

And I’m a criminal defense atty so I have seen the (Spoiled) sausage being made. It ain’t pretty.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

No I get it. It is a knee jerk reaction and a shame parade. Look, we f*cked up and didn’t get this right when crime and drugs were out of control in the 80s and early 90’s. The crime bill was enacted and although it was executed well in reducing crime, nobody thought to spend the same amount of money in community outreach to keep a bunch of fatherless children off the streets. And also, that crime bill gave way too much judicial power and there were insane sentences being handed out to minorities. That is the oppression. It’s not just the cops. It’s the system. We live in a judicial system and not a justice system. But let’s cancel Paw Patrol. That’ll show them.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So again you sound like you get it but you still call it knee jerk. How much longer do you want to wait to dismantle the system you seem to understand is a shame?
I looked up Paw Patrol and it sounds like it was a TV show so a business cancelled it. I don’t know why but if it depicts the old model of policing then yes it needs to go because it normalizes that model to, apparently, kids. You can’t normalize and reform a behavior at the same time.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

You can’t persuade entrenched beliefs by doing the same thing over and and over again. And Kap didn’t help with his protest. That created division even though the message was strong.