This sordid clambake really is tits up.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

This sordid clambake really is tits up.

Post by smackaholic »

Game 6 just finished up and no WS thread yet?

Or did I just miss it in the spam avalanche from pikkkle?

There has been one interesting thing.

A road win in EVERY game.

Has this ever been done before?

I know there have been all home wins, but I doubt this has ever happened. I suppose I might have to scrrape up enough interest to watch game 7.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: This sordid clambake really is tits up.

Post by Screw_Michigan »

From what I heard that has not happened before.

This has been an absolutely overwhelming World Series. Total District dominance in the first two games to a Houston shit stomping in Games 3-5. My friend went to all three home games. All three losses. Which is why I don't overpay for sporting events anymore.

Remember when everyone cursed the Nats to hell in 2012 for benching Strasburg early? How did that turn out. 1.11 ERA, lowest playoff ERA in the modern era.

So sick and tired of these shit ballparks like in Houston with the short porches. Build real ballparks you douchebags.

Oh, and one sad thing: this series is on track to be the lowest rated WS ever. EVER. :x
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:03 pm I suppose I might have to scrrape up enough interest to watch game 7.
smackaholic wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:03 pm
There has been one interesting thing.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:19 pm This has been an absolutely overwhelming World Series.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:19 pm Oh, and one sad thing: this series is on track to be the lowest rated WS ever. EVER. :x

God you are a mess even when it comes to a sports take. You might scrape up enough interest to watch game 7 of a series that has one interesting thing, but want to call others out for their lack of interest? You yourself said it is on track to be the lowest rated WS but this place is dying because there isn’t a thread about it that only has one interesting thing and requires you to scrape up interest to watch game 7?

:doh:
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:03 pmA road win in EVERY game.

Has this ever been done before?
First time in any major American sport that the visitors have won the first six games of a series.
"I see everything twice!"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Can someone explain what LS is saying?

I didn't call anyone out. I did point out that the lack of a WS thread was a sign of this sordid clambake's being on life support. The fact that no one gives a fukk because it is Houston/Washington is a factor as well.

Anyhoo, go 'stros. I don't give a shit about them, but have a general rule of being against anything from DC, including sports teams.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Yes, Dan Snyder is a dick. Should the team (and fans) be punished for the owner?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It seems to be how things work, so yes.

Sin,
Raider Nation
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I loved baseball as a kid.

It is now unwatchable.

The strike zone box is -----> an abortion x 1,000,000

After the controversial call at 1st base, the umpire was on the phone for many minutes???

On the fucking phone??

ummm...

Fuckin' kidding me?
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

softard gets something right.

Baseball is becoming nearly as unwatchable as the NFL.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

All three major sports suck.
Hockey is fun live.
Tennis and golf have always sucked.
I watch euros on bike mostly.
No refs to fuck it up. No divas or flopping. Lots of carnage. Great “stadiums” with great views. Rain, snow, even dogs in the road. People two feet from the riders.
Very entertaining.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

My bad. Some sentences were left on the cutting room floor. Just ignore it or make fun of me, whatever. He’ll call it a senior moment if you want since I just turned 45.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Wow you got that fat by 45?
You are a mess.
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Post by Ban Kierfag »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:03 pm Can someone explain what LS is saying?

For one thing, you called out Pikkkke for SPAM, but conveniently left out the fact that 99 percent of kierlands posts are...

88NAZI
88 POS
ORANGE BAD
TRUST THE PLAN
NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI NAZI

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You really are a stupid fuck.
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Post by Ban Kierfag »

Kierland wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:20 pm You really are a stupid fuck.
And you are a SPAMMING FASCIST NAZI!
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:19 pm From what I heard that has not happened before.

This has been an absolutely overwhelming World Series. Total District dominance in the first two games to a Houston shit stomping in Games 3-5. My friend went to all three home games. All three losses. Which is why I don't overpay for sporting events anymore.

Remember when everyone cursed the Nats to hell in 2012 for benching Strasburg early? How did that turn out. 1.11 ERA, lowest playoff ERA in the modern era.

So sick and tired of these shit ballparks like in Houston with the short porches. Build real ballparks you douchebags.

Oh, and one sad thing: this series is on track to be the lowest rated WS ever. EVER. :x
Yankee stadium is a REAL ballpark.
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Post by Ban Kierfag »

Jsc810 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:43 pm Props to the game 5 audience for the boos and lock him up chants when trump was introduced.

So funny.....the SWAMP booed the guy that wants to drain the swamp.

Meanwhile the rest of America, the FLY OVER STATES, were cheering Trump!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:46 pm With a Little League right field fence.
Yep
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Ban Kierfag wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:23 pm
Kierland wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:20 pm You really are a stupid fuck.
And you are a SPAMMING FASCIST NAZI!
I’m responding to you 88pikkkle. That’s not spamming.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:46 pm All three major sports suck.
Hockey is fun live.
Tennis and golf have always sucked.
I watch euros on bike mostly.
No refs to fuck it up. No divas or flopping. Lots of carnage. Great “stadiums” with great views. Rain, snow, even dogs in the road. People two feet from the riders.
Very entertaining.
Has cycling gotten past the the PED/doping issues?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I’ll check and get back to you.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

It is kind of fukked up that baseball allows pretty much whatever field dimensions teams want. And then teams shape their lineups to suit these dimensions. It would be like an NFL team deciding they have a weak passing game, so they'll go with an endzone that is 2 yards deep which favors run offenses.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:02 pm I love cum-chugging liberals.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:27 pm It is kind of fukked up that baseball allows pretty much whatever field dimensions teams want. And then teams shape their lineups to suit these dimensions. It would be like an NFL team deciding they have a weak passing game, so they'll go with an endzone that is 2 yards deep which favors run offenses.
Agreed. That was because back in the 100 years ago baseball was designing stadiums to fit in urban neighborhoods. Then they got away from building stadiums in urban neighborhoods and went to more standard 320-400-320 dimensions. But then the retro style came back into vogue and the owners liked being able to have quirky stadiums to have more offense and sell more tickets.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Baseball is fading because young people don't have the attention span for it and the older purists are losing interest because the sport is dumbing down to the extent that it's all about home runs and strike outs now. Very little small ball/situational baseball is being played anymore (though we've seen a little bit of that in this series). But that's not why this board doesn't care. This board doesn't care about anything that doesn't involve a "my political party is better than YOUR political party!" debate.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:34 pm Baseball is fading because young people don't have the attention span for it and the older purists are losing interest because the sport is dumbing down to the extent that it's all about home runs and strike outs now. Very little small ball/situational baseball is being played anymore (though we've seen a little bit of that in this series). But that's not why this board doesn't care. This board doesn't care about anything that doesn't involve a "my political party is better than YOUR political party!" debate.
Well said.
I understand why building in urban neighborhoods is no longer viable due to the gutter rats being bad for the overall business model, etc...

Kids of past generations knew the statistics of the mick and bobby feller, the duke and willie,
Joe D and ted the splendid splinter. Then came video games. Then came the left.
Today, kids don't understand batting average or era's.
It's instant gratification time baby!
As we near the dawn of A I.
we text, we don't know the bond of a good firm handshake.
The keyboard warrior of today, not knowing the comfort of a warm smile, will further rely on drugs to ease the pain of loneliness and despair.

Arthur C. Clarke's vision of HAL is upon us.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Kids of past generations knew the statistics of the mick and bobby feller, the duke and willie,
The keyboard warrior of today, not knowing the comfort of a warm smile, will further rely on drugs to ease the pain of loneliness and despair.
Is this haiku? Why are you stroking out all over the enter key? Get ahold of yourself, man.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:34 pm Baseball is fading because young people don't have the attention span for it and the older purists are losing interest because the sport is dumbing down to the extent that it's all about home runs and strike outs now. Very little small ball/situational baseball is being played anymore (though we've seen a little bit of that in this series).
Yes.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

EAP wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:57 pm Well said.
I understand why building in urban neighborhoods is no longer viable due to the gutter rats being bad for the overall business model, etc...

Arthur C. Clarke's vision of HAL is upon us.
Wut
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

EAP wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:57 pm ...we don't know the bond of a good firm handshake.
If you're looking to "firmly grasp" other men, try Grindr.

:|
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:34 pm Baseball is fading because young people don't have the attention span for it and the older purists are losing interest because the sport is dumbing down to the extent that it's all about home runs and strike outs now. Very little small ball/situational baseball is being played anymore (though we've seen a little bit of that in this series). But that's not why this board doesn't care. This board doesn't care about anything that doesn't involve a "my political party is better than YOUR political party!" debate.
I think this is generally correct but also--games are too long. All the World Series games have gone four hours. They won't even embrace the 20 sec pitch count. Make these pitchers get in a groove and force these batters to stay in the fukkin box instead of grabbing their crotches after every pitch.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:34 am If you're looking to "firmly grasp" other men, try Grindr.

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:36 am They won't even embrace the 20 sec pitch count.

It's an artificial limitation that makes baseball feel anachronistic.

Baseball is long and boring because it's supposed to be.
Turning it into BASEketball just makes it feel like a "Poochie" move.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:40 am
Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:34 am If you're looking to "firmly grasp" other men, try Grindr.

Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:43 am It's an artificial limitation that makes baseball feel anachronistic.

Baseball is long and boring because it's supposed to be.
Turning it into BASEketball just makes it feel like a "Poochie" move.
It's either adapt the pitch count or reduce the number of commercials. Guess which they certainly won't do?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Jsc810 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:43 pm Props to the game 5 audience for the boos and lock him up chants when trump was introduced.
Says the cuck that murdered three children. How'd that HER prediction work out, fatass? How's that Trump early resignation coming along? I hear the new Hard Rock downtown could use a new crane inspector - please do the world a favor and apply.

Just die already. What a hopeless drain of plasma donations.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

what the

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Why don’t you just STFU.
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Post by Ban Kierfag »

Truman wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:10 am
Says the cuck that murdered three children. How'd that HER prediction work out, fatass? How's that Trump early resignation coming along? I hear the new Hard Rock downtown could use a new crane inspector - please do the world a favor and apply.

Bottom of the 9th inning GRAND SLAM WALK OFF HOMERUN BY TRUMAN!!!!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

All your ground balls are belong to me.

-M Greinke
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Truman wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:10 am Says the cuck that murdered three children. How'd that HER prediction work out, fatass? How's that Trump early resignation coming along? I hear the new Hard Rock downtown could use a new crane inspector - please do the world a favor and apply.

Hating Trump is what unites DC....and America. You don't have to like it, you just have to suck on it.

TRUMP FOR PRISON 2020