Doom

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: Doom

Post by Softball Bat »

White House dramatically scales up U.S. response to 'unprecedented' coronavirus

The Trump administration on Friday took dramatic steps aimed at containing the Wuhan coronavirus' risk to Americans as officials grapple with an outbreak that sent financial markets plunging, led airlines to cancel flights and has challenged scientists with its unusual speed and symptoms.

The administration declared a public health emergency in the United States and said it would close the border to foreign nationals who have recently been in China. Meanwhile, U.S. citizens returning from China's Hubei province, the epicenter of the outbreak, will undergo a mandatory two-week quarantine. Officials also announced that all incoming flights from China will soon be funneled through seven U.S. airports.

The developments showed how the scope of the outbreak is seeping into the U.S. conscience, even as public health officials work to calm the growing fears. The Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbled 603 points on Friday, with investors concerned about the economic impact of the outbreak...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/3 ... rus-109910
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

China’s Financial Markets Set for Tumultuous Return on Monday

(Bloomberg) -- Every other market has already reacted to the deadly virus threatening China’s economy. Soon it will be
China’s turn, and it’s likely to be brutal.

Stocks and commodities will almost certainly sink when financial markets reopen Monday for the first time since Jan. 23,
while bond yields will drop. For equities, the declines are likely to be exacerbated by the amount of leverage in the market --
near the highest in 11 months. That could create a downward spiral where steep losses become steeper as traders face
margin calls...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-fi ... 51469.html
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:42 pm White House dramatically scales up U.S. response to 'unprecedented' coronavirus

The Trump administration on Friday took dramatic steps aimed at containing the Wuhan coronavirus' risk to Americans as officials grapple with an outbreak that sent financial markets plunging, led airlines to cancel flights and has challenged scientists with its unusual speed and symptoms.

The administration declared a public health emergency in the United States and said it would close the border to foreign nationals who have recently been in China. Meanwhile, U.S. citizens returning from China's Hubei province, the epicenter of the outbreak, will undergo a mandatory two-week quarantine. Officials also announced that all incoming flights from China will soon be funneled through seven U.S. airports.

The developments showed how the scope of the outbreak is seeping into the U.S. conscience, even as public health officials work to calm the growing fears. The Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbled 603 points on Friday, with investors concerned about the economic impact of the outbreak...

What's the point? Too little, too late.

The first cases of this strain were apparently in December. Very few countries enacted quarantines or closed their borders to China, even while Chinese and non-Chinese citizens were getting around state censorship to publish videos of masked healthcare workers collapsing into pools of their own vomited up blood, citizens on gurneys shaking uncontrollably, government employees barring doors with steel beams and locks, the State building walls around cities of millions, police patrolling apartment complexes to make sure no one inside escaped, citizens building walls (!) around their villages when the state didn't, the infamous bulldozer video....

all of that, and the West still let people fly to and from China.

Someone must have wanted to get their stock portfolio together first. (S'up, American's board, United's board, Lucky Larry, Saudi Arabia and AIPAC.)

Total bullshit.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:42 pm White House dramatically scales up U.S. response to 'unprecedented' coronavirus

...Officials also announced that all incoming flights from China will soon be funneled through seven U.S. airports.

The developments showed how the scope of the outbreak is seeping into the U.S. conscience, even as public health officials work to calm the growing fears....

Seeping, eh?

What a curious choice of words. We weren't supposed to pay attention? People learned in spite of layers of misdirection? What were we supposed to pay attention to?

People don't need calmed fears or placebos or 'sleepytime' lack of info. Baghdad Bob was mocked for a reason. People need facts. If China is overreacting, we needed to know.

If China was trying to fix a major fuck-up, we need to know why our leaders didn't think their own citizens deserved to be kept safe from China's fuck-up.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Thank you, India, for the video.

Minimum two hours... two fricking hours, that old man in a face mask lay there; and yet someone counted 15 ambulances refusing to go near him. Those are crack den Detroit dead of winter numbers. Even if China has a cultural rep of 'Fuck you, not my business' -- the ambulances should have coordinated earlier help than minimum 2 hours in an epidemic.

It didn't have to be corona. He's old. He could have had a mere heart attack. Earlier help could have saved his life.

Smackbat, what is Korea saying now?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:08 am all of that, and the West still let people fly to and from China.

Someone must have wanted to get their stock portfolio together first. (S'up, American's board, United's board, Lucky Larry, Saudi Arabia and AIPAC.)
You think a few flights a week are going to get their stock portfolio in order? Everything I have seen says China flights for US carriers have been money losers. Airlines would have hopped on cutting flights much earlier.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

IB wrote:Smackbat, what is Korea saying now?
There are supposedly 12 confirmed coronavirus cases in S. Korea right now.

SEOUL, Feb. 1 (Yonhap) -- South Korea on Saturday reported its 12th confirmed case of the novel coronavirus and said it is checking 70 others with symptoms, as the country tightens quarantine efforts to stem the spread of the contagious disease.

The agency said it has so far checked 371 people since Jan. 3, and with the exception of the 12 confirmed cases and those undergoing checks, determined that 289 people that showed symptoms were not actually infected by the virus that is suspected of having originated in Wuhan, China. It said some 460 people who had been in close proximity to confirmed cases are being monitored carefully...

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200201001253320

As far as I know, flights from China have not been halted.

Out in public, at least half of the people here are walking around wearing masks.

The next couple of weeks will be interesting.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

American, Delta, and United will halt service to the Chinese mainland.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/busi ... ended.html

EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:06 am American, Delta, and United will halt service to the Chinese mainland.

Why make a thread about doom and gloom? Unless you're a "Negative Nancy" by nature.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:06 am American, Delta, and United will halt service to the Chinese mainland.

So they used this virus as an excuse to stop flying money losing flights. How is that an indication of doom?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

The Shanghai Composite is down over 8% as of this post.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/i ... ia-markets
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Of course it is. Disasters tend to do that.

Doesn’t say much about the economy though.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

The horrah is just beginning.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Softball Bat wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:25 am The horrah is just beginning.
You sound like Brando in "apocalypse now".
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

EAP wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:21 am
Softball Bat wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:25 am The horrah is just beginning.
You sound like Brando in "apocalypse now".
The Chinese are setting apartment complexes on fire after welding people into their homes.

You talk a lot of shit about communism, EAP -- but what's happening in China is evil incarnate. You have a point, when it comes to China.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51403795

There's a lot to ponder, in this news... questions others already raised:
- infection, recovery, reinfection with more severe symptoms, or
- execution followed by incineration via the State?

Which path is mors likely, and what are the ramifications of either?

Is it true the Chinese are not making sure people are dead before incinerating them?

How bad are things for citizens to break programming and fight the police?

Is it true infections like this don't follow a straight line up, unless someone is lying?

What are the contents of the fake cure our government has announced?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Where is Xi Jinping?

Hong Kong (CNN) Since he first intervened in the Wuhan coronavirus crisis in late January, ordering "all-out efforts" to contain its spread, Chinese President Xi Jinping has been personally directing the country's response.

At least, that's what state media has been repeatedly emphasizing -- Xi himself has not been seen for several days, missing from his usual place of prominence on the front page of the state-owned People's Daily newspaper and in the nightly newscast on state broadcaster CCTV.

This is weird, not only because a country's leader is normally front and center during a crisis, but because Xi typically dominates media coverage at the best of times, regardless of how seemingly routine his activities are. Since he came to power in 2012, the People's Daily especially has become known for running multiple headlines about Xi and plastering not only the front page but several after it with nearly identical pictures of him shaking hands with various officials.

Xi's vanishing act has not gone unnoticed in China..

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/05/asia ... index.html
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He’s dead Jin.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Kierland wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:52 pm He’s dead Jin.
From catching it, or execution? He could still make appearances from the bunker. Or is he hiding out in New Zealand?

Meanwhile, https://fox61.com/2020/02/07/royal-carr ... -patients/

no real quarantine whatsoever. And they're going to board more passengers in spite of the virus living up to two weeks on surfaces.

Huzzah. What's Molly's opinion on the cruise ship situations happening globally?
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:22 pm
There's a lot to ponder, in this news... questions others already raised:
- infection, recovery, reinfection with more severe symptoms, or
- execution followed by incineration via the State?

Which path is mors likely, and what are the ramifications of either? Execution/incineration is by far the most expedient path to stop a global pandemic.

Is it true the Chinese are not making sure people are dead before incinerating them? Yes, after death the body swells with gas until it explodes flinging pathogen infected flesh, organs and fluids in all directions. It is best to expedite incineration before this occurs.

How bad are things for citizens to break programming and fight the police? About as bad as taking someone to a Japanese restaurant for the first time and telling them the Wasabi paste is sweet green apple butter.

Is it true infections like this don't follow a straight line up, unless someone is lying? They are all lying.

What are the contents of the fake cure our government has announced? Baby aspirin and bleach.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Kierland wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:52 pm He’s dead Jin.
that deserves a rack.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

David and Sally will probably end up being exterminated... like bugs.

#Doom
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

8842 strikes again.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

I don't know what's going on in first clip. Looks like a kidnapping, someone already pointed out no pink hazmat suits used by real gun toting docs.

Chinese racist against other Chinese.
Chinese racist against non-Chinese.
Chinese are hoarding masks to the point of Amazon orders being canceled in spite of masks being available when order placed (anecdote).

Chinese saying 'fuck your feelings'.

m2...you on the ground in San Francisco. Are your neighbors still in 'not my language, not my people, not my problem' mode? Or has something changed?

Since this shit is aerolised, what to do in situations where one is told to hunker down in places with recycled air?

Since this has shut down production, what are the long term consequences to consumers? (How much of our shit was sent to China and then sent back -- ie, meat?)
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore's central bank on Sunday said it had advised financial institutions in the city-state to take additional measures and precautions after the government raised its coronavirus alert level.

Among its recommended measures, the Monetary Authority of Singapore said financial institutions should "continue to maintain effective internal controls across their operations should split team arrangements be implemented."

It also advised them to anticipate and be prepared to manage any increase in demand for certain financial services, such as cash withdrawal or online financial services.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/singapor ... 59008.html
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Softball Bat wrote:Coronavirus declared global health emergency by WHO

I can't wait for the Stones to weigh in. Maybe they can clone Kieth Richards DNA?

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

BSmack wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:09 pm

I can't wait for the Stones to weigh in. Maybe they can clone Kieth Richards DNA?
That's not the stones. It's Roger Daltrey and Keith Townsend,
Of the iconic band, The Who.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

^^^^This is what you thought would IMPROVE the board 88?

You are a stupid nazi POS.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:44 pm ^^^^This is what you thought would IMPROVE the board 88?

You are a stupid nazi POS.
:lol:

You can't make it up!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

EAP wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:38 pm
BSmack wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:09 pm

That's not the stones. It's Roger Daltrey and Keith Townsend,
Of the iconic band, The Who.
Oh, ok. Now I get it.
Is it ok to miss something from time to time?

Because screw and kierland think that the police spread OJ's DNA all over both crime scenes.

Let's take a vote on what's more stupid.
Me missing the WHO reference.
OR, screw and kierland's conspiracy theory that OJ's DNA was sprinkled over both crime scenes by detectives who were awakened at 1am and didn't know OJ.

Let's vote.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You miss everything, all the time.
Like that there was one LAPD Officer in mid90’s who didn’t know OJ fucking Simpson. Good god you are wack.
If you are this dumb on shit I can straight up prove, who do you think is right about all the other stuff you think you know?
The answer is me you stupid nazi fuckhole.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Kierland wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:26 pm You miss everything, all the time.
Like that there was one LAPD Officer in mid90’s who didn’t know OJ fucking Simpson. Good god you are wack.
If you are this dumb on shit I can straight up prove, who do you think is right about all the other stuff you think you know?
NOTHING you just said proves that the Brentwood police got a hold of OJ's DNA and sprinkled it all over both crime scenes.

I'm not alone here in saying that you are a total WHACK JOB for even mentioning something that outrageous.
Let's take a board wide vote, shall we?
And make a bet.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

EAP wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:03 am
NOTHING you just said proves that the Brentwood police got a hold of OJ's DNA and sprinkled it all over both crime scenes.

I'm not alone here in saying that you are a total WHACK JOB for even mentioning something that outrageous.
And make a bet.
It's already been posted, but a refresher doesn't hurt:

https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-libra ... son-trial/

I'll only vote for board bets, if part of the spoils could be you and BP both giving up the goods -- but that is forbidden permanently by management. What can ya do?

OJ was framed, the LAPD are cowboys not investigators; and there are no exceptions.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

EAP wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:03 am

And make a bet.
Way to move the goal posts 88EatenPenises. I said 115, 116, and 117 were not on that gate in the sunlight like the Lying Cops say they were. Keep your eye in the balls asswipe.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Kierland wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:21 am Way to move the goal posts 88EatenPenises. I said 115, 116, and 117 were not on that gate in the sunlight like the Lying Cops say
Did the LAPD improve their crime scene securing procedures, after the OJ trial?

If not, why not?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

No, why should they? They are not after the truth. They can’t handle the truth.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Kierland wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:27 am No, why should they? They are not after the truth. They can’t handle the truth.
Hey low IQ? Where did I say there were no fuck ups?
Was it perfect? No.
But according to scientific fact,
OJ's DNA was found at both crime scenes.
That's a fact of science. Your take is complete bullshit.
To this day, the DNA of OJ Simpson was on both dead bodies. That is a scientific fact.
Nothing you say will ever change that fact.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Nice backpedal twat.
You asked about planted evidence.
I cited 115,116, 117.
You have not addressed that issue.
So stop trying to muddy the water.

We will move in to how the fuck blood got onto the bottom of the passenger side of the console if you can somehow address the actual thing we are discussing.

—-

You see what a stupid POS you let in 88? No of course you don’t. You probably think he is doing great, seeing as you have never seen the inside of a courtroom.