Players you like/respect on teams that are rivals.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

NU:

Turner Gill (by far #1)
Tom Rathman
Grant Wistrom (beast)
Junior Miller
Tommie Frazer

UT:

Earl
Derrick Johnson
Eric Metcalf
Nathan Vasher (heh) sorry...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

KU:

Manning
Last edited by Adelpiero on Sat May 14, 2005 1:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Nebraska: Damn near everyone with the exception of LP and the fabulous Peter brothers... and their new (props to Seer) "coach."

Tejas: Major Applewhite. Roger Clemens. Earl Campbell. DJ.

Oklahoma State: Barry Sanders. Brent Parker. (Heh.)

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

CSU: Sonny Lubick & most of the players not named Van Pelt or Houston.

UNL: Tommie Frazier was the best college football player I've seen in my lifetime. I went to high school with Joel Wilks (O lineman from the mid 90s). He was/is a really nice guy.
"Keys, woman!"
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

I was always amazed at Phillip Rivers of N.C. State. He owned FSU.

Also Like Woody Danzler from Clemson.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

CU: Darian Hagan was always frustrating to watch.

OU: Jamelle Holliway was just plain the man and broke my heart too many times. Same for Keith Jackson.

KSU: This is a tough one. I respect their last QB (can't remember his name).

I don't respect Darren Sproles because while dude would have big games against us, the big yards always came when KSU was handily winning and he'd get over 100 on a big 50 yard run, then he'd come out of the game.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

ell roberson? i always thought jonathan beasley was underrated/underappreciated. i thought jon mcgraw was a heckuva player KSU.

the amazing thing about keith jackson is everyone on planet earth knew that's who OU was gonna throw the ball to.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Gay topic, but I'll respond anyways.....

Nebraska...... No one. I hated them all.
Iowa State..... Hate everyone that has ever played for them other than a few guys I personally knew.
Ohio State........ No respect for cheaters. I was always a big Eddie George fan even though he was always overrated in the NFL. Craig Krenzel was a horrible QB, but he was easy to root for.
Notre Dame....... I hate Notre Dame but have respect for most of their players and coaches (other than Lou Holtz). To pick a few Irish players that I like- Tim Brown, Rocket Ismail, Jerome Bettis
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

TheJON wrote:Gay topic, but I'll respond anyways.....

Iowa State..... Hate everyone that has ever played for them other than a few guys I personally knew.
Ohio State........ No respect for cheaters. I was always a big Eddie George fan even though he was always overrated in the NFL. Craig Krenzel was a horrible QB, but he was easy to root for.
Notre Dame....... I hate Notre Dame but have respect for most of their players and coaches (other than Lou Holtz). To pick a few Irish players that I like- Tim Brown, Rocket Ismail, Jerome Bettis
hey dumbass, Iowa-Nebraska , Iowa-ND aren't rivals. nice to read the topic jonsense! COuld you be anymore of an illiterate hillbilly, jonsense?

Lizard King
Watch that "boy" shit, redneck.

Post by Lizard King »

I'm a big Derrick Johnson fan. I think he has the ability to be a Pro-Bowler.

Also, I think Barry Sanders is the greatest running back EVER('sup Barry's dad?).
It has served us well, this myth of Christ.

--Pope Leo X
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Adelpiero wrote:
TheJON wrote:Gay topic, but I'll respond anyways.....

hey dumbass, Iowa-Nebraska , Iowa-ND aren't rivals. nice to read the topic jonsense! COuld you be anymore of an illiterate hillbilly, jonsense?

A case can be made for an Iowa/Nebraska rivalry. They don't play every year, but they are neighboring states, and I think they used to play each other a lot more often back in the day. I know that fans of either school don't seem to care too much for the other.

I have no idea where he was going with the Iowa/ND thing though. That is more likely an example of "jonsense."
"Keys, woman!"
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Kal - Deltha Oneal. Watched him single-handedly beat us in Kommie Kountry one season.

UCLA - Cade McNoun, Desean Foster, Freddie Mitchell, JJ Stokes

ND - Pete Chryplewicz just cuz of the name, Jerome Bettis (ran roughshot over us), Derrick Mayes, Ivory Covington, Autry Denson...I am forgetting at least a dozen other fuckos that kicked our asses for 11 years straight. Rack Notre Dame.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

UF - Chris Leak, Reche Caldwell, Fred Taylor, Danny Wuerfell

Miami - Edgerrin James, Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

USC: Only ones I can think of that I don't respect is Meshawn, Mirv Merenovich (I respect Todd) and Soward. I really liked Morton.

Michigan: Brady, Jon Vaughn, and some other guys that have had some of the best names in college football (Swett, Irons, Copenhaver, etc.)

Navy: All of them. Rack the midies for non football related stuff.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Oh, gee, my deepest most sincere apologies- jackass!!

I just put down teams I hate, not rivals. Soooooorrrry!
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

TheJON wrote:Oh, gee, my deepest most sincere apologies- jackass!!

I just put down teams I hate, not rivals. Soooooorrrry!
We're already clear on that. Iowa's irrelevance as a program over time means they don't really have a rival.

Far be it from us to start a thread you can't participate in.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Cicero wrote:UF - Chris Leak, Reche Caldwell, Fred Taylor, Danny Wuerfell

Miami - Edgerrin James, Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne

Agreed. I just could'nt bring myself to say it :x

got to add Steve walsh to the Miami list.

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jon=Bitch wrote:Ohio State........ No respect for cheaters.
Link?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

You want a link???

http://www.commonsense.com
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

You still can't understand this word...

Allegations

Guilty until proven innocent.

Sin,
Noj
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:You want a link???

http://www.commonsense.com
Didn't work for me :lol:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

At UF, I respect..................ummm,..............I'll get back to you.

At UM, not one single player, the coach, fans, Mom's of fans or players, or even the guy that sweeps up after the game.
What were we just talking about?
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

L45B wrote:
Jon=Bitch wrote:Ohio State........ No respect for cheaters.
Link?
noJ, Glass houses and stuff...
May 25
OUSTED FROM THE BIG TEN
Though athletic directors met in Chicago to schedule conference games for the next several years, the topic was deferred for a general discussion of recruiting problems. Before the meeting was over, a series of subcommittee meetings led to the conclusion that three conference schools had violated conference rules and regulations, but that conclusive evidence existed against only one: Iowa.

A committee report, scrawled on hotel stationery, concluded with this: “We therefore recommend that the Conference sever athletic relations with Iowa University, this act to become effective January 1, 1930.”

The major charge was that Iowa was losing faculty control of its athletic department and that alumni were too influential in running the show. Iowa was also charged with having a businessmen’s slush fund to subsidize athletes, giving athletes commission on the sale of yearbooks, refunding tuition to aid athletes, and failing to certify athletes as academically eligible.

Months of investigations followed and appeals for reinstatement were ignored until the Board in Control of Athletics capitulated to conference demands on December 11, 1929, by declaring 14 athletes ineligible because of loans they’d received. On February 1, 1930, the suspension action was rescinded.

But great damage had been done. It took Iowa a long time to regain favor with both the public and the media, in spite of a report by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching that was released in October 1929, indicating that Iowa’s violations were common among Big Ten schools, as well as other universities.
http://www.iowalum.com/magazine/footbal ... /1929.html

and before you start with the whole it was 1929 shit, todays news is just tomorrow's history...

http://www.uiowa.edu/~ournews/2004/apri ... eport.html.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Ohio State- Chris Spielman, Pepper Johnson.

MSU- Fuck em all. 'Cept maybe Kirk Gibson, and only cuz of his days with the Tigers.

Notre Dame-Uhhh, wait.....nope, can't think of one Domer worth a shite. If it were hoops I'd give props to Kelly Tripuka and Billy Laimbeer.
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

OU - Jamelle Holliway was one of the best option QBs ever. Great to watch.

CU - Hagan was great. Any player during the 90's who always fell apart when they played NU.

Stuck in Pac-10 country where everyone thinks this is "REAL" football.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

AZhusker wrote:OU - Jamelle Holliway was one of the best option QBs ever. Great to watch.

CU - Hagan was great. Any player during the 90's who always fell apart when they played NU.
that 1994 Colorado team had so much talent and went to Lincoln and bent over. it was 95 ( ithink) i remember sitting at a bar* in Boulder (with a Buff friend of mine) and on the 3rd or 4th play from scrimmage NU runs their base pitch play to the I back.....for an Ahman Green 70 yard TD. untouched.

i looked to my friend and said "this game is over".

*it was at the old La Estrellita right off Pearl.
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

King Crimson wrote:
that 1994 Colorado team had so much talent and went to Lincoln and bent over. it was 95 ( ithink) i remember sitting at a bar* in Boulder (with a Buff friend of mine) and on the 3rd or 4th play from scrimmage NU runs their base pitch play to the I back.....for an Ahman Green 70 yard TD. untouched.

I was at that game. It was the last year the had beer in the Boulder stadium. I know why!! That play I kinda forgot I was sitting in the CU student section with a big RED starter jacket on. I jumped up to celebrate and got hit with about 50 beers. It happened every TD all day long. That was one of my most memorable road games to go to.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

OU - Roy William, Billy Sims, Leroy Selmon

a$m - Ray Childress, Bucky Richardson, RC Slocum
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Vito Corleone wrote:OU - Roy William, Billy Sims, Leroy Selmon

Roy Williams, Lee Roy Selmon. bitch.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

AZhusker wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

I was at that game. It was the last year the had beer in the Boulder stadium. I know why!! That play I kinda forgot I was sitting in the CU student section with a big RED starter jacket on. I jumped up to celebrate and got hit with about 50 beers. It happened every TD all day long. That was one of my most memorable road games to go to.

i go to few games every year at Folsom with CU friends, and i understand. i dress neutral. it's a great setting though for a fall afternoon.. the fans are 8/10 morons. they *do* have some old time Big 8 fans who can talk history--old timers. i'm in my 30's and a Sooner but i love to talk to those people who saw Bud's teams and were Eddie Crowder fans. it's good. what was the final score of that game?

but they don't like you guys, that's for sure.
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

King Crimson wrote:
AZhusker wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

i go to few games every year at Folsom with CU friends, and i understand. i dress neutral. it's a great setting though for a fall afternoon.. the fans are 8/10 morons. they *do* have some old time Big 8 fans who can talk history--old timers. i'm in my 30's and a Sooner but i love to talk to those people who saw Bud's teams and were Eddie Crowder fans. it's good. what was the final score of that game?

but they don't like you guys, that's for sure.
The final score was 45 to 21 or something like that. I love it when I actually find a knowledgeable college football fan. Now that I live in AZ that is hard to come by. CUMike is one of my good friends which is hard to believe since he is a Colorado fan. We watch a lot of games together, but don't say a whole lot when the other guys team is losing. It is a mutual respect kinda thing.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Killian wrote:USC: Only ones I can think of that I don't respect is Meshawn, Mirv Merenovich (I respect Todd) and Soward. I really liked Morton.

Michigan: Brady, Jon Vaughn, and some other guys that have had some of the best names in college football (Swett, Irons, Copenhaver, etc.)

Navy: All of them. Rack the midies for non football related stuff.
Didn't realize at first that this was an old-school topic. I'll rack that list and add the following:

USC: I'll add Orenthal to the list of those I don't respect, although I have a helluva lot of respect for what he did on the field. Really respect Mike Williams' abilities, and I actually like Leinart as much as I can ever like a 'SC QB.

Michigan: A-Train (although the Musburger nickname is Godawful), Tyron Wheatley, Braylon Edwards

Michigan State: Tico Duckett, T.J. Duckett, Percy Snow, Plaxico Burress (although claiming Michigan State as a rival will give Babs plenty of material)

Purdue: The great run of Purdue QB's circa late 1950's -- 1960's -- Len Dawson, Bob Griese, Mike Phipps, et al, also Kyle Orton

Pittsburgh: Tony Dorsett, Hugh Green, Dan Marino, Jimbo Covert, Bill Fralic, Larry Fitzgerald, Tyler Palko. Respected Ironhead (another gax nickname, btw) as a collegian but not as a pro. Also, not to go Zy, but I had the occasion to meet Alex Van Pelt once in person, and he's a helluva nice guy.

Miami: Jim Kelly, mainly for his work in retirement with Hunter's Hope.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Terry,

remember a running back with Purdue in the late 60's named Leroy Keyes? I believe he was runner up for the Hiesman his senior year.

RedHerring
Elwood

Post by RedHerring »

OU: Charles Thompson,Billy Sims,elvis peacock,Jamelle Holieway,Brian bosworth,Teddy Lehman, Josh Heupel

Mizzou: Corby Jones,James Wilder, Demontie Cross

KSU: Darren Sproles, Steve Grogan, Ell Roberson, Darren Sproles,Cris Canty,Mark Simoneau,Michael Bishop, Quincy Morgan

Iowa state: Troy Davis, Nick Leaders

Colorado: Rashaan Salaam, Bobby Purify,Chris Brown

Oklahoma St.:Barry Sanders,Rashaun Woods,Thurman Thomas

KU: :lol:
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Nolesy wrote:Terry,

remember a running back with Purdue in the late 60's named Leroy Keyes? I believe he was runner up for the Hiesman his senior year.
Yeah, I think he was runner-up behind Orenthal. Another guy who shoulda made my list. Good catch.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

There aren't many guys that I out and out hated. I remember the offensive players more than the defensive players. Any guy who makes big play against Michigan gets some consideration for the "hate" category (ex: Clarett, Rocket Ismail)

THE Ohio State: Eddie George, Antoine Winfield, Orlando Pace, Dan Wilkinson (current Lion)

Notre Dame: Joe Montana, Tim Brown, Ricky Watters, Jerome Bettis, Chris Zorich

State: Derrick Mason, T.J. Duckett (struck him out in HS)

Rest of the Big Ten/11: Kerry Collins, Drew Brees, Darnell Autry, Ron Dayne
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Mizzou - Corby Jones. I was at the game at Faurot where Andy Katzenmoyer flat-out steamrolled him, and even though it pretty much rendered Jones - and Mizzou - ineffective for the rest of the game, dude toughed it out to the final gun. He played well in the rematch in Columbus, too.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

UCLA. JJ Stokes, Cade Mcnown(sp), Marcedes Lewis, Deshaun Foster

UO. Joey Harrington, Keenan Howry

UDub. Beano Bryant, Napolean Kaufman, Mark Brunell, Steve Emtman(sp)

Cal. Russell White, Deltha Oneal

Stanford. John Elway

Zona. Teddy Bruschi

ASU. Pat Tillman, Jake Plummer

ND. Jerome Bettis, Mark Green, Tim Brown,
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Didn't realize everyone SC plays was their rivals...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...