week 3

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

week 3

Post by King Crimson »

some interesting OOC games in the Big XII with ranked or "bigtime programs".

Boise @ OSU.....Pokes don't usually play anyone good OOC. with one of their better QB's i'd be all over the Cowboys and Gundy here.....but they are new at the position. total tossup. no outcome would surprise me here. brian harsin seemed like a clown at Texas OC but he's winning at Boise and he's a Boise guy.....i'm a secret fan of Gundy's run/pass balance offense over the years....still don't get why his D is always shit.....new coordinators, still shit...i give BSU the edge at QB. but, no outcome would surprise me here.

USC@ Texas......i'm surprised a bit Texas is favored.....no shame to lose a physical game at Stanford with a FR QB for Trojans.....not like losing at Maryland. UT sucked balls against Maryland and outlasted a Tulsa team that won three games last year. in Austin. usually, Tulsa is a lot better. they are consistent bowl team the last 20 years.

Ohio State @ TCU (jerrah's place....i didn't pay attention....edit).....i like Patterson's D to make it close in theory but i'd take Ohio State here. doesn't seem like a vintage Frog team. OSU has a lot more to draw on.....Amon Carter is a kind of a cool older stadium (with a shit addition) but is more like Northwestern than the Big House.

duke at baylor....one really good private school playing one that likes to pretend it is. matt ruhle seems all right....but anybody who took that job needs a head check or a helmet. or a lot more Jesus than i got.

houston at tech.....one of those "vaunted" traditional SWC rivalries.....kilff kinsbury should have been fired 2-3 years ago imo....major applewhite's houston is about at the end of it's win games with the other guys' players and be a stepping stone to power 5 coaches. slap fight.

OU at ISU.....Sooners should win by 2 or 3 scores but last year ISU beat Baker Mayfield in Norman with a linebacker playing QB coming back from a 3 score deficit. with Rodney ANderson out for the season, i'l take a 1 point win and move on. i do like the ISU coach....i hope they give him time. if he beats OU again.....i'd say that's "time"....i'm not hoping for that.

KSU against someone....Darth Snyder is getting near the end. it's too bad.....they've looked crap the last two weeks. i didn't like the guy for a long time but man his guys block and tackle and score on special teams. hard not to like. it's good football from grampaw. in the offseason a few years ago i'd pick a couple KSU games to watch on youtube.....good stuff. run/pass option zone read....no penalties....block and tackle....blitz hard, good.

Rutgers at Kansas....[fill in the blank]. not that long ago KU won the Orange Bowl with Mark Mangino and Glen Mason had a top 10 team at KU a decade before that.
Last edited by King Crimson on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: week 3

Post by L45B »

tOSU vs TCU is at JerrahWorld. Buckeyes’ last couple games there have been well regarded.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

L45B wrote:tOSU vs TCU is at JerrahWorld. Buckeyes’ last couple games there have been well regarded.
thanks for the correction....i was just riffing a bit after Boise@OSU and the (letdown city) USC at Texas.

still an interesting week. big stadium probably favors Ohio State for sure. there aren't many "casual" TCU fans.....
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Most Buckeye fans have a pretty good feeling about the game. Despite the mild competition thus far, QB Dwayne Haskins has looked nearly flawless as has the offense in general. Defense has given up some big plays but still there’s loads of talent there.

Texas lost to Maryland last year and then went out to the Coliseum and played a tight game vs USC. I expect a similar game this year at DKR.

Random Kansas thoughts. Was looking up results from the 2007 season and forgot that Kansas had gotten up to #2 in the polls before losing to Mizzou in the Big XII CCG. Year of the #2 curse: USC, Cal, South Florida, Boston College, Oregon, Kansas & West Virginia all reached #2 at one point but got beat. Weird slew of teams.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

L45B wrote: Random Kansas thoughts. Was looking up results from the 2007 season and forgot that Kansas had gotten up to #2 in the polls before losing to Mizzou in the Big XII CCG. Year of the #2 curse: USC, Cal, South Florida, Boston College, Oregon, Kansas & West Virginia all reached #2 at one point but got beat. Weird slew of teams.
Kansas would not have played Mizzou in the Big XII Championship game since both were in the Big XII North.

my fallible memory is that KU beat MU head to head (possibly at Arrowhead in KC, since they did a neutral site thing for a few years...bitter rivalry) but had another L or maybe 2 in conference to lose the tiebreaker to be North champ. OU and Sam Bradford won the Big XII in 07, beating MU in the conf title game.....and Demarco Murray got hurt in that game. Demarco-less OU lost to Florida, Urban and Tim Tebow in the BCS Championship game.
Last edited by King Crimson on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Stanford is on upset watch this weekend with UC Davis coming to town. Heisman runner-up Bryce Love will miss the game due to an undisclosed injury, and Stanford is winless against the Aggies this century.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mikey wrote:Stanford is on upset watch this weekend with UC Davis coming to town. Heisman runner-up Bryce Love will miss the game due to an undisclosed injury, and Stanford is winless against the Aggies this century.
Davis just beat San Jose State....Coach Dan Hawkins (one of the biggest crazy persons i've ever seen in person and not in a good way.....like seriously took a million dollar coaching job at Colorado and went off his meds kind of guy)....i would not be surprised at all if that was the story....his wife and kids seemed like pretty good people.

i can't pull for Dan Hawkins because i don't pull for charlatans.....but i think Love-less Stanford ends the drought this Saturday.
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I stand corrected, King. I saw the “at Arrowhead” and immediately assumed it was a CCG but you’re right. And I do now remember Mizzou getting clobbered by OU in a dome— most likely San Antonio. My foggy memory says that Chase Daniel was the Mizzou QB at the time.

However I think you’re a year off. ‘07 was the year Ohio State slipped into the title game and lost badly to a 2-loss LSU team (Les Miles). Sooners lost to WVU (RichRod) in the Fiesta. Weird season.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

L45B wrote:I stand corrected, King. I saw the “at Arrowhead” and immediately assumed it was a CCG but you’re right. And I do now remember Mizzou getting clobbered by OU in a dome— most likely San Antonio. My foggy memory says that Chase Daniel was the Mizzou QB at the time.

However I think you’re a year off. ‘07 was the year Ohio State slipped into the title game and lost badly to a 2-loss LSU team (Les Miles). Sooners lost to WVU (RichRod) in the Fiesta. Weird season.
yer right....OU beat MU a couple years in a row in the Big XII Championship game. easy to get confused, also the year nomenclature to refer to seasons or bowl with the date of the bowl or the fall of the year all the other games are played confuses me endlessly. Chase Daniel was at Mizzou seemed like forever and Pinkel had some good teams but in classic Big XII 00's fashion....never could commit to stop the run when he had to. thereby, the better OU and Mack Brown UT teams had a leg up.

pat white lit up OU in that Fiesta.
"
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If you're talking huge OOC games for the BigXII, Kansas/Rutgers seems like a glaring omission.

That game could have playoff implications.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I love how ESPN lists the after-market price of tickets for listed games. Lots of interesting variations.

Wanna attend the SC-Tejas game? $5
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

FSU is gawd awful.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Yeah wtf was that?

In other games, Wisky looking sluggish at home vs BYU.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

OUMO wrote:FSU is gawd awful.

MO Knows.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

L45B wrote:In other games, Wisky looking sluggish at home vs BYU.

The CON not looking like the #6 team in the country.

Cal handled this BYU team fairly easily at altitude up in Provo. Cal had a double digit lead with just over a minute to go in their game.

The Big 10 isn't looking that good this year.

When the frost melts, the underneath is revealed....First time the CORN has been 0-2 since 1957!
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Oh my... the CON goes down AT HOME vs. BYU ???

Didn't Arizona State just beat #11 Michigan State ?

The Big 10 is the most overrated conference in College Football.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Down goes ALLBARN !

At least they beat the 4th best team in the PAC 12 North (Washington).
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Arkansas looking at back to back losses to CSU (bad) and being blown out by North Texas in Fayetteville.
"
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

King Crimson wrote:Arkansas looking at back to back losses to CSU (bad) and being blown out by North Texas in Fayetteville.

Denton is a Monster (aka Southern Oklahoma).
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

FiatLux wrote:Down goes ALLBARN !

At least they beat the 4th best team in the PAC 12 North (Washington).
But you're still the #1 cocksucker on the West coast.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Allbarn's only win this year was against a BAD Pac 12 team (Washington).

Utah will take care of Washington tonight (Pac after Dark).
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

FiatLux wrote:Allbarn's only win this year was against a BAD Pac 12 team (Washington).

Utah will take care of Washington tonight (Pac after Dark).
But you're still the #1 cocksucker on the West coast.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

This weekend of BTCFB has been amazing ...and we still have a few to go! :lol:
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Wow! Oregon looked bad today.

Air would have beaten San Jose State by 40.

And Allbarn still lost to a shit team today.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Moby Dick wrote:This weekend of BTCFB has been amazing ...and we still have a few to go! :lol:

Get's it.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

bama looks like they could give Cal a run for their money.

Of course, they're playing ole piss. So, who knows.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Look for Ohio State to lose to TCU.

Luckeyes up by 10 now.

TCU is the only school that makes Ohio State look like Harvard/Cal academically.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Furd looked like shit today.

CAL Davis gave them all they could handle.

Cal looks like the team to beat in the PAC.

Cal put the 2nd.and 5th team into the game after 2 minutes into the game.

Looks like a wild one in Dallas.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

FiatLux wrote:Look for Ohio State to lose to TCU.

I've been running at 100 % this year... and it won't stop now.

Who am I?
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

FiatLux wrote:Who am I?

Oh, I don't know... who am I?

TCU for the win...
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Sure got quiet in here...

Where you at Luckeye fan ?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Didn’t happen to see your picks in the local Pick’Em game.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

L45B wrote:Didn’t happen to see your picks in the local Pick’Em game.

Have you seen a single one of my calls wrong?

Better luck next year, luckeye.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

FiatLux wrote:Look for Ohio State to lose to TCU.

Luckeyes up by 10 now.

TCU is the only school that makes Ohio State look like Harvard/Cal academically.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

FiatLux wrote:

This school makes Alabama look like Yale.

I had a girlfriend who transferred out of TCU because she said her junior high school was more challenging..

Didn't JSC go to school here ?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Too bad M2, had you played the Pick’Em and taken TCU, you would’ve won.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

If Wisco was #6, and they lost to BYU at home, and Cal beat BYU in Utah, is Cal #6 now?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

The answer is no.

They should be #1 and should have automatically qualified for the playoff the moment Wisconsin missed that field goal.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Psst... Tigers aren't native to Louisiana

Much like intellect

These things should be LSU's mascots... and bama's. Elephants aren't native to Alabama

But, these things are