Shoot 'em up in Florida school

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Moving Sale

Re: Shoot 'em up in Florida school

Post by Moving Sale »

Papa Willie wrote:Well - at least it was in a gun-free zone.

Home-schooling looks better day by day.
If it was gun free how was there a gun there?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

We should just get rid of drivers licenses & seat belts and just pray for the best.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Can we just trots this thread already? A bunch of kids get killed and the first thing the posters in this board think of is how can I be racist?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Schmuck, may your tiki torch develop a leak & you immolate yourself.
9/27/22
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Now isn't the time to talk about gun control.

We must step back and reflect, offer thoughts and prayers to the victims.
And repeat in a few weeks when the next one happens
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

by Ali Vitali

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

President Barack Obama recommended the now-nullified regulation in a 2013 memo following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 first graders and six others dead. The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.

Related: Assault Weapons Not Protected by Second Amendment, Federal Appeals Court Rules

The original rule was hotly contested by gun rights advocates who said it infringed on Americans’ Second Amendment rights. Gun control advocates, however, praised the rule for curbing the availability of firearms to those who may not use them with the right intentions.
[Feb. 12: Gun Sales Booming Across California as State Expands Gun Control Laws]
Feb. 12: Gun Sales Booming Across California as State Expands Gun Control Laws 2:00

Both the House and Senate last week passed the new bill, H.J. Res 40, revoking the Obama-era regulation.

Trump signed the bill into law without a photo op or fanfare. The president welcomed cameras into the oval office Tuesday for the signing of other executive orders and bills. News that the president signed the bill was tucked at the bottom of a White House email alerting press to other legislation signed by the president.

The National Rifle Association “applauded” Trump’s action. Chris Cox, NRA-ILA executive director, said the move “marks a new era for law-abiding gun owners, as we now have a president who respects and supports our arms.”

Everytown For Gun Safety President John Feinblatt said he expected more gun control rollbacks from the Trump administration. In a statement to NBC News, he called the action "just the first item on the gun lobby’s wish list" and accused the National Rifle Association of "pushing more guns, for more people, in more places."

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., a leading gun control advocate in Congress, called out Republicans over the move.

"Republicans always say we don’t need new gun laws, we just need to enforce the laws already on the books. But the bill signed into law today undermines enforcement of existing laws that Congress passed to make sure the background check system had complete information," he said in an emailed statement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... al-n727221
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Image

Good. Buncha people talking out of both sides of their mouths.

"WE NEED BETTER MENTAL HEATH CARE TO PREVENT THESE INCIDENTS!!!!!!"

"Oh, BTW, if you actually seek out that mental treatment, we're going to strip you of your Rights."

Statistically, people with a diagnosed mental illness are MUCH less likely to commit a violent crime, yet MUCH more likely to be the victim of one. And that's the people whose ability to defend themselves they wanted to hamper?

Nothing but petty political lip service pandering to the gun-grabber crowd.

The people bitching about the NRA should be bitching about the AMA/American Psychiatric Association/Big Pharma, since they're the ones responsible for doping kids up with SSRIs, which I'm willing to bet this misfit was full of, just like all the others that commit such heinous acts.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Dinsdale wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:Image

Good. Buncha people talking out of both sides of their mouths.

"WE NEED BETTER MENTAL HEATH CARE TO PREVENT THESE INCIDENTS!!!!!!"

"Oh, BTW, if you actually seek out that mental treatment, we're going to strip you of your Rights."
Link?

Gun rights can only be stripped if the person is found by mental health professionals to be a threat to themselves and/or others. Simply seeking help or even being committed to a 72 hour psych eval (5150 CA Welfare & Institutions Code) will not result in those rights being pulled.
9/27/22
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Living in a free and open society is oftentimes messy, to include school shootings, drivers intentionally running people over, Ruby Ridge and Waco type incidents, 9/11 terrorism events, and everything else that you can think of where a citizenry that is not in an authoritarian or police state can get involved in without the prospect of their government arbitrarily imprisoning or executing them.

Such events as yesterday’s shooting are tragic, no question, but the very notion of enacting legislation while emotions are running high is the definition of foolishness. That being said, there are very concrete and useful steps that can be taken to reduce the opportunities for these occurances to happen, but just like the immigration debate where E-Verify would make a substantial impact on illegal immigration, such steps to prevent or reduce gun violence are pointedly ignored for more grandiose legislation which appeals to the politician’s base.

But make no mistake, these terrible occurances cannot be stopped unless you are willing to live in the world that the Left claims (and wishes) Trump is working towards: an Orwellian society bent on controlling every aspect of your life.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I guess I'm mixed up.

I thought Florida was a free gun zone.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

schmick wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
schmick wrote:Shooters last name is Cruz. This school shooting along with the one in LA makes the last couple school shooters latino/latina.
Perhaps each and everyone of these DACA dreamers should have their case looked at on an individual basis before just handing them paths to citizenship
There have been 4 or 5 daca dreamers arrested for smuggling illegals in to the country in the last few weeks as well.
And of course - there's no mention of things like that. This one is tearing the media up, too.

What's coming out is that he's adopted, the family adopted him while living in New York and moved to Florida. Adopted father died of a heart attack over 10 years ago and adopted mother died of pneumonia last year. He left a family home to go live in a trailer with some friend.
He's 19 years old, was expelled from the school he shot up and none of the students of the school were shocked he shot the place up, they knew he was the type of nutball to do it. He also had frequented ANTIFA sites had social media photos of him in Che shirts and other shirts with sickies and hammers as well as photos of him holding BB guns and shotguns.

He's a Latino, it will be interesting to see if the media can get in to adoption records and actually find out how he and his brother became available for adoption, if it's his biological brother, where he was born and who his biological parents are/were.
In the meantime how about some media coverage stating that the shooter is latino named Nikola De Jesus Cruz. If the shooter was white it would certainly be mentioned.
It turns out he's a member of a white supremecist group. Some "very fine people."

He wasn't an ANTIFA member, but a #MAGA-moron who belonged to Republic of Florida.

Feel free to never post again.
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
Mikey wrote:I guess I'm mixed up.

I thought Florida was a free gun zone.
Maybe if we had another law saying "Please don't bring your guns to school" - that would work?
Feeling lost, alone, confused, or even scared?

Be sure to seek help.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Diego in Seattle wrote:

It turns out he's a member of a white supremecist group. Some "very fine people."

He wasn't an ANTIFA member, but a #MAGA-moron who belonged to Republic of Florida.

Link ??
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Derron wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:

Link ??
Right here.
9/27/22
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Rooster wrote:....these terrible occurances cannot be stopped unless you are willing to live in the world that the Left claims (and wishes) Trump is working towards: an Orwellian society bent on controlling every aspect of your life.
Guns have been around for hundreds of years, even 40-50 years ago this type of thing was a rarity.

What has changed?

Many kids these days don't have the same values that kids 2 or 3 generations ago had. Many children are disrespectful of their parents, if that is the case they really aren't going to respect anyone. Too many children are left on their own after school, like little adults, but they aren't adults. Too many children are learning life's lessons from TV, Youtube, video games etc. Add the fact most people including children with mental issues are on there own without any kind of treatment, it's no wonder these shootings are an epidemic.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Joe in PB wrote:
Rooster wrote:Add the fact most people including children with mental issues are on there own without any kind of treatment, it's no wonder these shootings are an apademic.
Thank God & god that Trump & the GOP are cutting access to mental health care through Medicare & Medicaid. That should make things better! :meds:
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Thank God & god that Trump & the GOP are cutting access to mental health care through Medicare
Yup, that should make the number of mass-shooters over the age of 65 increase exponentially.

Dumbass.

And to address the point I think you were feebly trying to make -- Yeah, the attitude of "the government will take care of it" is working out beautifully, isn't it?

Odd that the more Big Brother has injected himself into health care and education, the worse the results have become... just a coincidence, I'm sure.

But the government will take care of it -- we just need more laws.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Dinsdale wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote: Thank God & god that Trump & the GOP are cutting access to mental health care through Medicare
Yup, that should make the number of mass-shooters over the age of 65 increase exponentially.

Dumbass.

And to address the point I think you were feebly trying to make -- Yeah, the attitude of "the government will take care of it" is working out beautifully, isn't it?

Odd that the more Big Brother has injected himself into health care and education, the worse the results have become... just a coincidence, I'm sure.

But the government will take care of it -- we just need more laws.
Yeah, that Big Bad Government makes everything worse. Not like the private sector, like...

Union Carbide
Enron
Martin Skkreli
Whitefish Energy Holdings

I can go on with plenty of examples of companies hugely fucking up where citizens are killed/maimed/driven broke.

Big Brother is not our friend, either.
9/27/22
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Derron wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:

Link ??
Right here.
The leader of a white nationalist militia says Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was a member of his group and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee. On Thursday, the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) spoke with Republic of Florida (ROF) leader Jordan Jereb about Cruz's involvement with the organization.
Some crack pot says he is a member so that is good enough for the shit slinging monkeys to run with. CBS reports that so it must be true. It fits your desired narrative so you can hope it holds out for a while anyway.
Derron
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

The shocking thing to me is not that there are school shootings, but that rather than take active measures to keep from being shot and killed, children today cower and break out their cell phones to video the event. I cannot imagine that under a possible life threatening situation that my first impulse or instinct would be to bust out my iPhone X and start filming. The only thing missing is for one of these precious darlings to take the time to superimpose a set of bunny ears on the shooter or twinkly stars around a just-shot classmate.

And half the kids interviewed talked about texting someone rather than calling 911 or actually, you know, speaking with the recipient during this crisis.

Kids these days... :doh:
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/15/no-known-ties-cruz/

According to local law enforcement, Cruz had no known associations with any white supremacy groups. What was it someone here just said about “feel free to never post here again”? Oh, yes, consider your ass to be thoroughly kicked by your own self, sir.
Diego in Seattle wrote: It turns out he's a member of a white supremecist group. Some "very fine people."

Mmm-hmmm.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Roach wrote:
And, is there really a gun free zone? Anywhere? I wish there could be, maybe, but it ain't happening at least in our lives.
I was in one today. Oh and yesterday, and the day before that.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Derron wrote:
Some crack pot says he is a member so that is good enough for the shit slinging monkeys to run with. CBS reports that so it must be true. It fits your desired narrative so you can hope it holds out for a while anyway.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dinsdale wrote:
The people bitching about the NRA should be bitching about the AMA/American Psychiatric Association/Big Pharma, since they're the ones responsible for doping kids up with SSRIs, which I'm willing to bet this misfit was full of, just like all the others that commit such heinous acts.
It's going to get worse. "Generation NutJob".
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
2. Everybody's saying "WHY did everybody ignore the signs?" I'll tell you why. Because this little fucker is a minority. Today's media has programmed sheep to where they're more worried about being called a fucking racist than anything else in the world. I'd hate to guess how many pussies were seeing this kid's shit and thinking "But he's a minority - we can't say anything, because WE'D BE CALLED A RACIST!!!!!" Congrats, libs.
You really are a paranoid little racist, aren't you?

Was the Vegas shooter a minority?
Was the Sandy Hook shooter a minority?
Were the Columbine shooters minorities?

Weren't there any "signs" being ignored in those or countless other shootings?

Seriously, if you're feeling lost, alone, confused, or even scared...

Be sure to seek help.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Moving Sale wrote:
Derron wrote:
Your point ??
Derron
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

That you are an idiot.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Stupid shit like this couldn't have happened back when I was in high school.

In my day, the parking lot of my high school was a rolling arsenal. Every other pickup truck in the lot had gun rack with a deer rifle or a shotgun-or-two in the back window. I don't seem to ever recall anybody ever drawing down on a classmate over some perceived sleight, much less shooting up the whole damn school. Anyone attempting such a thing would've been met with an enthusiastic - and fatal - response. Good thing liberal administrators established gun-free zones to keep everybody safe...
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Liar.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Come on, you know that Truman grew up in a place where boys grew up to be men. I mean real men that go huntin' and fishin'. With their dog. But not with a buncha nigras and wetbacks or nothin'. Beat their wimmen if they talked back, too.

Not a bunch of gay hipsters like in California.

Yee....haw!!!
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Truman wrote:Stupid shit like this couldn't have happened back when I was in high school.

In my day, the parking lot of my high school was a rolling arsenal. Every other pickup truck in the lot had gun rack with a deer rifle or a shotgun-or-two in the back window. I don't seem to ever recall anybody ever drawing down on a classmate over some perceived sleight, much less shooting up the whole damn school. Anyone attempting such a thing would've been met with an enthusiastic - and fatal - response. Good thing liberal administrators established gun-free zones to keep everybody safe...
Wolverines!
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Truman wrote:Stupid shit like this couldn't have happened back when I was in high school.

Wolverines!
Fuckin' A.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I don’t know when you Graduated Truman, but I graduated in 1992 and we had guns in our vehicles all the time in the HS parking lot. Mostly shotguns, but occasionally rifles and we would load up after football practice and go to one of three ranches to bird hunt. Then later that evening we would come back to the parking lot and head home.

I disagree about a shootout if someone showed up on campus with a gun intent on killing a bunch of us. However, there wasn’t this paranoia around guns then either. Most people I grew up, girls included, had fired a gun and understood that guns weren’t an/the issue. Further we were all taught proper gun safety by our parents and they would whip our ass if we didn’t practice proper safety.

Today gun free zones make me more nervous than non gun free zones. The cowardly pussies that want to kill a bunch of people don’t go shooting up a firing range. They instead target schools and churches were the chances that anyone will be armed is far less. Therefore they don’t expect to have to face an armed response until a certain elapsed time.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Moving Sale wrote:Liar.
Which lie? The one where we didn't shoot up our school, or the one where you declared that you don't like sucking black cock?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mikey wrote:Come on, you know that Truman grew up in a place where boys grew up to be men. I mean real men that go huntin' and fishin'. With their dog. But not with a buncha nigras and wetbacks or nothin'. Beat their wimmen if they talked back, too.

Not a bunch of gay hipsters like in California.

Yee....haw!!!
Cute narrative, chunky. We'da shot you.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Left Seater wrote:

I don’t know when you Graduated Truman, but I graduated in 1992 and we had guns in our vehicles all the time in the HS parking lot. Mostly shotguns, but occasionally rifles and we would load up after football practice and go to one of three ranches to bird hunt. Then later that evening we would come back to the parking lot and head home.

I disagree about a shootout if someone showed up on campus with a gun intent on killing a bunch of us. However, there wasn’t this paranoia around guns then either. Most people I grew up, girls included, had fired a gun and understood that guns weren’t an/the issue. Further we were all taught proper gun safety by our parents and they would whip our ass if we didn’t practice proper safety.

Today gun free zones make me more nervous than non gun free zones. The cowardly pussies that want to kill a bunch of people don’t go shooting up a firing range. They instead target schools and churches were the chances that anyone will be armed is far less. Therefore they don’t expect to have to face an armed response until a certain elapsed time.
Class of '80, Lefty. I'm not convinced deer were ever out of season. My teammates also did a nice job of making the Flyway a dangerous place to be wearing a duck suit.

We grow up in these parts respecting guns and the responsibility that comes with gun ownership. We hate these tragedies because you get a lot of ignorant Mikey's and Diego's and a bunch of short, stupid lawyers talking out of their collective asses about stripping folks of their God-given Constitutional rights or outlawing certain guns because they look mean.

It is ponderous that you have a group folks bent on blaming an inanimate object for all this misery when it is the mental health and behavior of these killers we should be addressing.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

So we shouldn't worry about North Korea getting a nuclear weapon?

After all, it is just an inanimate object....
9/27/22
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Truman wrote:
It is ponderous that you have a group folks bent on blaming an inanimate object for all this misery when it is the mental health and behavior of these killers we should be addressing.
So if you were to remove the gun, in this case the nasty "assault " weapon, what would take its place ?? We all know that the caliber, .223 comes in several different styles of guns. Eliminate the caliber ? the handles ?? the stock ?? .

12 gauge shotgun...with 00 buckshot has 9 rounds of buck shot in each shell. 5 + 1 equals 54 rounds either semi auto or manual feed. Hunting gun. Eliminate those ?? What is this shooter had used a shotgun ??

.40 caliber hand gun...15 rounds in the magazine and as many mags as you can carry. I carry this hand gun with 2 extra mags every day.

So if all you shitting on the Constitution gun grabbing liberals ever succeeded in any kind of gun confiscation, which ones do you take...and what do you do if the mentally deranged individuals get their hands on a sword or some other weapon ??
Derron
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

If Cruz had driven a car onto school campus and run over the kids instead, this would still be just as big a tragedy, but nothing would be done. It's much harder to treat the root cause in these cases than it is the symptom.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote:So we shouldn't worry about North Korea getting a nuclear weapon?

After all, it is just an inanimate object....

We should be worried about the midget. Not the lawyer, the dictator.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.