Miami

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Re: Miami

Post by Bucmonkey »

No business bring ranked where they were...the shit FSU team shit the bed and should have beat this fraud a few weeks ago.
Go Bucs, Gators
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Well now Clemson and Miami both have bad conference road losses. I think this loss today guarantees the ACC only gets one in the playoff. I don't see a 2-loss Miami or Clemson getting in unless some weird crap goes down.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:I think this loss today guarantees the ACC only gets one in the playoff.
I think common fucking sense dictates that only one team from any conference makes the playoffs.

They spent 9-10 games figuring out who the best team in each conference is -- how the fuck does one more game (possibly the third between the same 2 teams) change that?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Bonkers game in Orlando...
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

This Miami loss means that tOSU now has a legitimate shot at getting into the CFP, given 'Bama wins the SEC.

Which, knowing the flakiness of this team, means they'll probably lose in AA tomorrow.

(^My best Sam impression btw)
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

L45B wrote:This Miami loss means that tOSU now has a legitimate shot at getting into the CFP, given 'Bama wins the SEC.

Which, knowing the flakiness of this team, means they'll probably lose in AA tomorrow.

(^My best Sam impression btw)

My thinking was if Miami stayed unbeaten when the faced Clemson...and let's Ohio State won the B1G over Wisconsin. Could a 1-loss Miami or a 1-loss Alabama that their only loss is in the conference championship...would they get in over a 2-loss Ohio State?

It'll get messy if TCU beats Oklahoma, Alabama loses the Iron Bowl and Auburn beats Georgia a 2nd time and then Wisconsin loses to Ohio State. Does Notre Dame somehow come back into play? Can USC as Pac-12 champs get back in the mix?

The cleanest scenarios are Wisconsin runs the table and wins the B1G, Alabama runs the table and wins the SEC, Oklahoma beats TCU and then you just take the winner of Clemson-Miami to round out the field. To me that's the ideal playoff field.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As far as 2 loss teams go, I'd have to say USC has the best resume'. One lss against a high ranked team, on the road, and a loss on the road to another highly ranked team in a bullshit Thursday night game.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Hopefully they’ll be a three loss team a week from now.