tOSU vs TUN

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: tOSU vs TUM

Post by Mikey »

Is that kid crying because of the score or because his mom wouldn't buy him another "pop?"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:Is that kid crying because of the score or because his mom wouldn't buy him another "pop?"
He just spotted Diego in the seat behind him.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

And here I thought it was because Harbaugh screamed him down for failing to hustle.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

14-2 is straight up prison sex in a BTPCF elite rivalry.

prison sex but with less warmth.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

They showed that kid on FOX after the punt return TD on Saturday and I knew instantly that would become GIF or meme.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

As for the game...I'm not looking forward to it. Nothing they've done recently gives me confidence in these kinds of games. Peters being able to play will buoy my expectations. If he can't go, there's no way they win. I'd give them a chance if he can play and be effective. Plus, they need to protect him. Higdon has been dinged up as well.

Harbaugh brings in talent but he needs to win games against their peers in the B1G...meaning Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State and Wisconsin. He's looking down the barrel at 0-4 against those teams this year. I've said before that they shouldn't look at their national status until they win locally. Flat out...win the B1G before we talk about playoffs or national titles.

What does a win do against Ohio State mean? If it's with Peters at QB, I think it's more meaningful because he's going to be the guy next year. Winning with O'Korn doesn't mean the same thing. The win would take some heat off Harbaugh but it doesn't set up next season with a lot of promise although I feel better about opening 2018 with Peters as the guy.

The Notre Dame series starts up again next year and open the season in South Bend. They play both Washington and Virginia Tech in home and home series in 2020 and 2021. They're challenging themselves out of conference. But again...gotta win this damn conference.

People want to compare Harbaugh and Hoke...that's a stretch. Hoke went 20-18 after an 11-2 first season. I think we're a ways away from going down that road. If you win Saturday and win the bowl game...there's three straight 10-3 seasons. It's not great but it sure as hell isn't Hoke.

If they lose Saturday...they're essentially Georgia under Mark Richt. Good up to a point but there's another level they need to reach.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Sudden Sam wrote:Would some Michigander please explain why Wolverine fans are so excited about having Harbaugh at UM?

He's ain't done shit.
Let's be fair, Sam. UM's previous six coaches were only able to muster a whopping 0.5 MNCs dating back to the late 50s. Give Harbaugh some time, his next great QB project might not even be a zygote yet.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Would some Michigander please explain why Wolverine fans are so excited about having Harbaugh at UM?

He's ain't done shit.
They're not very smart. That's what it really comes down to.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: tOSU vs TUN

Post by Shoalzie »

Not a big shock but all quiet on who is starting today. I have my doubts Peters plays today. He was in the protocol as of Wednesday.

It's probably going to be O'Korn and it won't be pretty. The defense will hang tough for 3 quarters before the dam breaks and Ohio State wins by a couple scores.

Ohio State 31, Michigan 17
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

He's ain't done shit.

2015...they drop the opener at Utah by a touchdown and the lose to State on the freaky punt miscue. They get smoked at home by Ohio State...ended the season on a bad note. They did trounce Florida in the bowl game.

Last year...they start 9-0 and lose at the gun to Iowa on the road. They had a shot at going to Indy with last year's game in Columbus. They lose in double OT. A much better showing than the year before. They lose a close game to Florida State in the Orange Bowl. I'd definitely say Year 2 was better than Year 1.

Year 3...anyone with a brain couldn't have a clear idea of what this team would be when so many players left. This was his first year of overhauling the roster. He didn't start using "his guy" at QB until later in the season. Peters is probably the most talented of the QBs he's had but didn't have the trust in him to start the season with Speight and O'Korn having more experience.

They've lost 3 games but is there a game you thought they "should've had"? Probably the Michigan State game would be the one I wish they could have back. Penn State was clearly better than them. Wisconsin wore them down in the second half and they knocked Peters out of the game. You beat Ohio State today...it's a feather in the cap but the Buckeyes are going to Indy regardless.

Year 4 is the true measuring stick for Harbaugh with this program. It'll be Peters' team for sure. It's going to be all his players on the roster. They play at Notre Dame, Michigan State and Ohio State. They host Penn State and Wisconsin. If that game in Columbus isn't for the division title...I will have a major gripe with the direction of this program. If he's losing key conference games with his players...it's on him. The leash is getting shorter and shorter by the day.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Peters and Speight won't be in uniform. The hopes rest on O'Korn...oh shit!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

First half went about as well it could go. No major screw-ups. The QB is the weakness so you do everything else you can so O'Korn isn't forced to win you the game. He's a turnover machine so keep him out of situations where he can make a bad play.

Game is pretty much going to script...close game at the half. Third quarter will probably be tight and the Ohio State will pull away in the fourth. I'd love to be wrong.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

O'Korn has the reflexes of a sloth...but yet they're still in this thing.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

O'Korn couldn't start at EMU
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

He's awful...good riddance.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

He's ain't done shit.
The irony is thick, considering it's coming from a homophobic racist who wasn't smart enough to get into said school.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

A rivalry is always rivalry...it's just a matter of how competitive it is during stretches. Obviously good coaching can lead to a long run of wins in the rivalry.

I've followed Michigan football back to the end of the Bo years...around '88 or '89 when I was in elementary school. Since the turn of the millennium of course it's been heavily in the favor of Ohio State. Only 2 wins for Michigan...both in Ann Arbor and one of them was against Fickell. They haven't won in Columbus since 2000. They've yet to beat Meyer and they only beat Tressel once in the 100th Game.

From '88 to 2000...Michigan was 10-2-1 in the series. My earliest Michigan-Ohio State memories were of the Wolverines dominating the rivalry.

Michigan State has turned the tide on Michigan since Dantonio came in...and this rivalry has shifted since Tressel came on board. You're dominant until the other side brings in the right guy and flips the script.

Is Harbaugh the guy to level playing field? He's 1-5 against Ohio State and Michigan State with only one loss that was a no-doubter. If the defense is going to be as stout as it's been the last two seasons...find a QB and a bell cow running back and I think this'll get good again. Ohio State isn't going away any time soon but that's for the best. I like a challenge.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Speight has announced he's transferring...safe to say Harbaugh is all in on Peters and Dylan McCaffrey.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

^Is Speight transferring to the Cleveland Browns? I thought he was a senior?

Re: the "incident" that Meyer is investigating, it was probably a blessing in disguise that Kubrick Jr flailed a pan-right into Barrett's kneecap. UM's defense was honing in on the QB run plays and highly doubtful that JTB could have made some of the throws that Cardale Jr (aka Dwayne Haskins) made in the 2nd half to keep some drives going.

Had Michigan had even the slightest better play out of the QB, they could have pulled that one out.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield