It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

In his dome

Post by Softball Bat »

F@t boy Kim is IN -----> Don's dome.

:|

Fire, fury and power unlike anything the world has ever seen?

Well let's see...

Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Just further evidence that Don is a 70+ year old adolescent.
DEEPLY insecure and prone to tantrum.

Don is someone who can quite easily be trolled into foolish behavior.
Trolled into error.

Public statements such as he belched out yesterday are the kind of statements that are made by desperate leaders of shit hole nations.
They are not statements which should ever be made by the leader of the free world.

Quite a frightening reality show we are witnessing, folks.
Buckle up.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: In his dome

Post by Mikey »

Damn pops, you beat me to it. I was going to post something like:

Congratulations assholes...

You elected an unhinged six year old as President.

I seem to recall Donnie accusing Obama of drawing a "red line" and then not enforcing it.

Kim has already crossed Donnie's red line. Where's the mushroom cloud?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... le/536256/
Why Trump Is Wholly Unsuited to the North Korea Crisis
The president confronts a situation that calls for a trustworthy, careful, decisive leader drawing on all available expertise.

For months, worried observers of the Trump administration have wondered what would happen when the president first faced a bona fide, urgent international crisis out of his own control.

This week, the world seems terrifyingly close to getting an answer.

On Monday, the United Nations Security Council approved new sanctions on North Korea. On Tuesday, The Washington Post reported that the North Korean regime has for the first time produced a miniaturized warhead that can be attached to a nuclear missile. And later on Tuesday, speaking at a briefing on the opioid crisis, President Trump offered an unusually warlike, blunt statement.

“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” he said. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen. He has been very threatening beyond a normal statement, and as I said they will be met with fire, fury, and frankly power, the likes of which this world has never seen before.”

At a moment of nuclear brinksmanship like this, any citizen of the United States wants a few things from a leader. You want someone you can trust to tell the truth, and who foreign leaders view as credible, so that threats and statements alike are taken seriously. You want someone who is known to be able to carefully sift through a lot of evidence and assess upsides from downsides. You want someone who has a team of expert advisers whose judgment he trusts and takes seriously. And you want someone who is able to take bad news.

The problem is that Trump has none of these characteristics. He has shown himself to be prolifically dishonest. The president has lied to the public about matters great and small, from the petty (the size of his inauguration crowd) to the serious (accusations of wiretapping, his own position on major matters) to the absurd (outright denying things he said publicly). As a result, Americans are in no position to trust the things he might tell them in a crisis, whether those remarks are delivered from behind the Resolute desk or via tweet.

As if that were not bad enough, foreign leaders can’t trust what he says either. An adversary has no idea whether to take threats from Trump seriously (to say nothing of literally). He’s a man who made empty threats throughout his career, repeatedly suggesting he’d sue people who said and did things he didn’t like. In many cases, he did not follow through. If you’re North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, why should you believe that his threats of force are any more real? Trump’s strategy with North Korea has been compared to Richard Nixon’s “madman theory,” in which the former president wanted enemies to believe he was capable of anything, because he was insane. An equally likely—or even more likely—outcome is that North Korea will conclude that Trump is capable of nothing, based on past results.

The dangers are higher because Trump’s counterpart is Kim, himself an untrustworthy and unpredictable interlocutor prone to empty threats. “When two leaders each habitually bluster and exaggerate, there’s a higher likelihood of making a catastrophic mistake based on a bad guess,” my colleague Kathy Gilsinan wrote in April.

But it’s a problem for allies, too, because the United States would want friends in a hot war or in a diplomatic crisis. They also have no reason to trust any assurances that the president makes. As my colleague Jeffrey Goldberg warned on the eve of the election, “Nuclear crises call for, among other things, the most exacting possible calibration of language. This is not a skill Donald Trump would bring to government service.”

Trump’s promises of “fire and fury” do not instill new confidence. His literally inflammatory threat is particularly baffling because of the parameters he laid out: The president warned not that North Korea would be punished fiercely for firing a missile at the United States, or for conducting a missile test, but instead for issuing a threat. Yet that’s inevitable: Threats are North Korea’s major export product. Trump, who ridiculed Barack Obama for allowing Syria to cross his “red line” of chemical-weapons use, is establishing a red line that will almost certainly be crossed—perhaps very soon, if Kim is in a sporting mood.

But even setting aside the public-messaging side of the ledger, should citizens have faith in Trump’s decision-making process? Throughout his life, he has bragged about his reliance on his gut instincts rather than on careful study of the details of a case. His four corporate bankruptcies demonstrate the limitations of that gut. He has a tendency to believe outrageously fake stories, and his staff is reportedly wary of giving him unflattering and unhappy news because he reacts volcanically to it. When told he cannot do something, his impulse is often to insist on doing it.

Those impulses do not serve the nation well in a nuclear standoff—a situation where, as Mark Bowden laid out in the July/August issue of The Atlantic, there are no good solutions, but only least-worst solutions. As Defense Secretary James Mattis has put it, “A conflict in North Korea … would be probably the worst kind of fighting in most people’s lifetimes.” While some optimistic reports have suggested that new White House Chief of Staff John Kelly can and already has imposed better discipline and information-circulation systems in the White House, the public has little material evidence of change (really, only Anthony Scaramucci’s firing) and plenty of signs that Trump remains Trump, from his weird Twitter assault on Senator Richard Blumenthal to his remarks Tuesday.

The reasoning behind Trump’s threat is difficult to grasp. Senator Lindsey Graham argued last week that the benefit of a war would be to keep North Korea from acquiring a nuclear-armed intercontinental ballistic missile. But if that has already happened, it’s too late for a preventive war, and the only advantage is to be the first to strike. Military experts are dubious that the United States could knock out the entire North Korean nuclear capability in one, quick assault.

Perhaps the best hope for the world is that Trump, who is easily distracted and has a short attention span, will in this case once more be distracted. That would at least allow the immediate tension to dissipate, though the longer-term problem of a nuclear North Korea would remain. Of course, dropping the promise of American retaliation would only increase Trump’s credibility problem, offering adversaries another example of an empty threat.

A situation like this was easily foreseeable, and in fact foreseen. Since successive presidents have failed to effectively curtail North Korea’s nuclear program, it was practically inevitable that the 45th president would face this very dilemma. Senator Marco Rubio, a rival of Trump’s in the GOP primary, said he could not be trusted with nuclear weapons. Hillary Clinton ran an ad focused on the danger that Trump would start a nuclear war. Trump is in a box of his own creation, and the American people, by virtue of their choices at the ballot box, are in it with him.
I never thought I'd want to leave California, but it seems like Trump is trying to get us all killed, one way or another.

:?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Trump's motto:

Talk loudly...and act like a big dick.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Meanwhile, Fat Boy is conducting weekly missile tests
You calling anyone else "Fat Boy" would be akin to Dinsdale calling someone an arrogant blowhard.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Meanwhile, Fat Boy is conducting weekly missile tests, and is threatening the US daily. Then again, some of you would rather have taken of Obama's approach of "I'll suck your cock if you don't bomb us".

Why are liberals such pussies?
I'm not too surprised you're on board with the unhinged six year old.

So, is "fire and fury" a literal threat or a figurative threat? Only pussies make figurative threats because they're empty threats.

If Trump is such a badass, where's the mushroom cloud?
At least he could send in a deployment of transgender Marines to take Pyongyang.

Donnie wrote:This is the actual size of my dick.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Yeah because nuclear fallout from California won't blow east.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
So we should just let this crazy fucker go ahead and nuke us? That's fine.
Who said that? Are you on board with a preemptive nuclear strike, probably setting off WWIII? Because that's what Donnie's talking about.

Like you he talks a big game but doesn't back it up. No better than the other Fat Boy. Everybody knows we CAN do it, so why crow about it? Dude is a complete fucking loser.
Like I said, where's the fucking mushroom cloud? Don't talk about it unless you're ready to do it. I'm pretty sure there are other viable options that wouldn't detonate a nuclear device in China's back yard.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
So we should just let this crazy fucker go ahead and nuke us? That's fine.
Who said that? Are you on board with a preemptive nuclear strike, probably setting off WWIII? Because that's what Donnie's talking about.

Like you he talks a big game but doesn't back it up. No better than the other Fat Boy. Everybody knows we CAN do it, so why crow about it? Dude is a complete fucking loser.
Like I said, where's the fucking mushroom cloud? Don't talk about it unless you're ready to do it. I'm pretty sure there are other viable options that wouldn't detonate a nuclear device in China's back yard.
How about you link us up to his quote where he says we will use nukes?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Jesus fuck buttsy...how in the hell can you still be on board with this fruitcake...and why is the "go to" excuse always Obama or Hillary? Own this fucking buffoon...
Go Bucs, Gators
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:

How about you link us up to his quote where he says we will use nukes?
Are you really that stupid, or just trolling?
How about you hook us up to a quote where he says he won't?
Last edited by Mikey on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

..and really Lefty? Reading between the lines does not apply here? Implied to the most dense of us...
Go Bucs, Gators
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Bucmonkey wrote:Implied to the most dense of us...
Unless you consider Lefty to be the most dense of us...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I just hope that Mattis, Kelly, Congress, etc. are ready with a straitjacket and a copy of the 25th amendment in case this nutjob tries to pull something REALLY stupid.

Drain the swamp...sure. But the swamp is better than fucking Bellevue.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: How about you hook us up to a quote where he says he won't?
And you implied that anyone else is stupid?

He also didn't say he wouldn't stand on his head 3 hours a day.

You never said you wouldn't perform oral sex on goats.

We can play this game for a long time.

Iraq taught us many things (most of them hard lessons). It also taught us we can basically vaporize a country in short order without nukes.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:

We can play this game for a long time.

Iraq taught us many things (most of them hard lessons). It also taught us we can basically vaporize a country in short order without nukes.

T1B taught us you are still a blithering fucking idiot. Clean any porta johns lately, loser?

Go fuck yourself.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:

You're right. But if you said that you were going to gather up all the male goats within a 50 mile radius and satisfy them sexually using a tremendously sensuous orifice on the front of your face, I might draw the conclusion that you were going to perform oral sex on goats. Even though you didn't explicitly say so.

See how that logic works, dumbass?

Dinsdale wrote:Iraq taught us many things (most of them hard lessons). It also taught us we can basically vaporize a country in short order without nukes.
And which country was basically vaporized in short order without nukes?

I'll wait for this one off line. Should be interesting, though.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Left Seater wrote:How about you link us up to his quote where he says we will use nukes?
NK will be met with fire, fury and power like the world has never seen.

- Don

As noted, the world saw Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I guess you can try to figure it out.

Or not.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Fire fury and power means nukes to y'all. You are more whacked out than this Un character in N Korea.

He could mean a coordinated strike with non nukes that includes S Korean and Japan alongside US forces that leaves Un's military and rocket forces in ruins.

But hey keep making up shit he didn't say. That worked well for the Dems last time around.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Left Seater wrote:He could mean a coordinated strike with non nukes that includes S Korean and Japan alongside US forces that leaves Un's military and rocket forces in ruins.
And that's it?

Such actions have happened many times in military history.

No, no...
Don said he would hit NK with fire, fury and power the likes of which the world has never seen.

pew pew pew... pew pew...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Left Seater wrote:Fire fury and power means nukes to y'all. You are more whacked out than this Un character in N Korea.

He could mean a coordinated strike with non nukes that includes S Korean and Japan alongside US forces that leaves Un's military and rocket forces in ruins.

But hey keep making up shit he didn't say. That worked well for the Dems last time around.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I get it... Trump is an idiot. Very few people argue that point.

But a rogue nation is threatening to nuke the USA, and has announced short term plans to attack a US Territory...

What the fuck is Idiot-In-Chief supposed to do?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

If there was a good way to resolve the NK problem we would have seen it very long ago.

What is disturbing (to me) about Don's outlandish rhetoric is that I know it is not calculated.
There is no game plan to what he said.

It's just like when he thinks someone is embarrassing him or getting the better of him, he impulsively lashes out (x100) at them on Twitter.
There is no game plan.
It's just impulsive flaming.

He thinks fattie Kim is mocking him, so he lashed out with this stupid rhetoric.

It's as if Don doesn't really get that he is the president.

The president can't just roll (and flame war) like the common man can
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Clear and present danger is present to a US territory and y'all blame the President? You are seriously delusional.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

LS diverted.
Not surprising.

NK has had the ability to leave Seoul (capital of a U.S. ally) in ruins for... how many years now?
They've had the ability to hit Japan (U.S. ally) for... how many years now?

The danger has been clear and present for decades.

Duh.

What hasn't been present for decades is a WH clown using third world leader-type, asinine rhetoric.

Little dick syndrome.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:Clear and present danger is present to a US territory and y'all blame the President? You are seriously delusional.
Nobody blames Trump for the clear and present danger. Trump is being taken to task for the fact that he's reacting like a three-year-old who's just been told he's a doody head.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There is a simple enough solution. Trump should call the chink ambassador in and tell him our ports are closed to their shipping until they shut their little sock puppet down. Would this cause turmoil in our economy? It could if the chinese didn't fix the problem, but they will. They are just doing what they do, which is poke us with a sharp stick everywhere they can across the globe. Time to make them "cut it out" like toughboy Barry did to the russkies....allegedly.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Last night Donald actually re-tweeted this Jesse Waters tweet.

@POTUS being unpredictable is a big asset, North Korea knew exactly what President Obama was going to do.

ummm...

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Softball Bat wrote:LS diverted.
Not surprising.

NK has had the ability to leave Seoul (capital of a U.S. ally) in ruins for... how many years now?
They've had the ability to hit Japan (U.S. ally) for... how many years now?

The danger has been clear and present for decades.

Duh.

What hasn't been present for decades is a WH clown using third world leader-type, asinine rhetoric.

Little dick syndrome.
Spot on.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:What the fuck is Idiot-In-Chief supposed to do?
Stop with the tough talk and fake bravado. Form an intelligent plan. Carry out said plan.

I won't hold my breath.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Ship them a pallet of money, that'll fix everything.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Mikey wrote:It is a tale
Signifying nothing.
F- on the Haiku
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

atmdad wrote:
Mikey wrote:It is a tale
Signifying nothing.
F- on the Haiku
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's supposed to be iambic pentameter, but I cut off part of the first line.

Macbeth, Scene V

She should have died hereafter;
There would have been a time for such a word.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Signifying nothing.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Okay, you can pass.

I cheated my way all through 12th grade English Lit off the cute girl who a sat in front of me. Dropping Shakespeare will go over my head every time.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Check yourself Softball bat.

NK has been a clear and present danger for 20 plus years? Maybe to SK but not to Japan, Guam and possibly Hawaii and California.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

atmdad wrote:Okay, you can pass.

I cheated my way all through 12th grade English Lit off the cute girl who a sat in front of me. Dropping Shakespeare will go over my head every time.
LOL I hated Shakespeare and could never understand WTF they were saying when I was reading it, much less trying to understand it when spoken.

I think I opted into an elective called Literature of Sprots, or something like that.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote:
atmdad wrote:Okay, you can pass.

LOL I hated Shakespeare and could never understand WTF they were saying when I was reading it, much less trying to understand it when spoken.

I think I opted into an elective called Literature of Sprots, or something like that.

This. I still have no clue what if anything I got out of a Tale of Two Cities. Push a few things into the brain for an exam and then never remember or use it again. Well other than you are going to have to do things in life that suck and aren't enjoyable.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Sirfindafold wrote:Ship them a pallet of money, that'll fix everything
What does Bush sending pallets of money to Iraq have to do with this?
Mental disorder indeed.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Left Seater wrote:NK has been a clear and present danger for 20 plus years? Maybe to SK but not to Japan
NY Times.

September 1, 1998...

North Korea today fired a two-stage ballistic missile across Japan, which called the firing ''extremely dangerous.''

The missile firing suggests that North Korea has greatly increased the range of its missiles. Before, its Nodong
class of missiles could reach only part of Japan, but today's missile appears to be one of a new class, the Taepodong-1,
a medium-range ballistic missile that may be able to reach all of Japan...

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/01/world ... itory.html
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Ok. So Japan was in range possibly. Now Cali is, possibly. Yet you want to point fingers at the President instead of the guy who is making the offensive threats.