2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Re: Spray - I Gotta Admit Hughes Wails on This

Post by Joe in PB »

Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Saw that band a couple of years ago in San Diego, and they sucked big time. Well, at least the show did.

Went there expecting to see JB playing blues but, obviously, it was nothing like that. I guess I should have done my homework.
Even that would have been OK but they had it turned up so loud and the sound system was so poor you couldn't hear a fucking thing except random painful noise.

We actually got up and left about 30 minutes in. Absolute waste of time and money. I guess I'm getting old.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Drummer has that heavy Bonham thing going on pretty well that is nice. Don't much care for the singer. I'm guess a lot of that voice is software aided. Guitars is pretty decent.

Not something I'd walk out on after 30 minutes because it's too loud, but then again i'm not a geriatric pussy.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I can deal with loud. Fuck, I must have gone to a couple dozen Dead concerts and once sat directly in front of the PA at a Lynyrd Skynyrd show.

When it’s so fucked up distorted and clipped that you can’t tell the music from a pile of mud then what’s the point?

I guess some people don’t know the difference and just want to feel their head vibrate. To each their own dude. I guess.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

We saw the Doobies at an outdoor amphitheater a couple of months back. We were sitting two rows back from the front and almost dead center in the second section (just above the rail behind the blue seats).

It was louder than shit, but sounded great. Wouldn't want to hear the Doobies any other way.