2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Your 11/13 top 10

Post by Moby Dick »

:lol:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MIchigan looked like a team that hadn't played 4 full quarters. that happens to good teams sometimes. or: could be that you haven't played anyone decent on the road...(no disrespect to Sparty)....and it's November. turning over the 2nd half kickoff was a bad one. Iowa's DL won the LOS. props to those guys.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What a fucking mess...so much for me looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend.

I think Washington and the Pac-12 were the biggest losers this weekend and honorable mention to Ohio State being screwed out of winning the B1G East. They need to beat Michigan and hope for Penn State to lose to Rutgers *snickers* or Michigan State *butterfinger*.

If we want to play the resume game with teams...can we at least acknowledge the fact Michigan has wins over Wisconsin, Penn State and Colorado (albeit all at home)...all 3 could be in the top 10 this week. I've shit on their credentials all year but they've got some good wins. Last night they looked like a team that literally played their first tough road game of the year. Nothing changes from last night...the season comes down to what happens on November 26.

Speaking of resumes...are we going to pretend Louisville didn't lose to Clemson now that Clemson lost? This what's dumb with comparing resumes of teams from the same conference. Sure, losing to Pitt on senior day looks bad but they have a win over Louisville (only team in America who can claim that). We're going to put Louisville ahead of the team that beat them? Louisville has a claim at a playoff spot but we're going to forget who has beaten them this year? Okay...
Last edited by Shoalzie on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

King Crimson wrote:MIchigan looked like a team that hadn't played 4 full quarters.

The Wisconsin game?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Until yesterday, the only thing that could've tripped up Alabama was the Iron Bowl but they can now lose that game in still go to Atlanta remain the team to beat. Bama is the only team worth a damn in that conference. The SEC has good teams but there are no great conferences this year.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Shoalzie wrote:
King Crimson wrote:MIchigan looked like a team that hadn't played 4 full quarters.

The Wisconsin game?
fair enough. like you say, it was all going to be about the roadie in Shoe but i think UM went from ball of rolling butcher knives (to paraphrase Darryl Royal)....to a team that got beat up front on the road and a QB who didn't make good throws when he should have. that's my opinion.

i think Michigan is in the top tier of teams....but there's a chink in the armor now.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

If Ann Arbor College Fan wants to play the resume game...then here goes...

tOSU would have wins over - Oklahoma (will be top 10 again), Wisky (at their joint at NIGHT), Neb (Total DEMOLITION), and Ann Arbor College (at home), then throw in a but fucking of MSU (don't think Urbs won't let the dogs loose) oh and a decent home win over Tulsa...

so I see your Colorado (very good), Wisky...and in your example OSU...and raise you what I just posted...CLEARLY a far better resume...plus OSU lost at PSU at night...on the road...after a week playing Wisky on the road...Ann Arbor College lost ON THE ROAD (I don't consider going to EL a true road game)...and only played what one other true road game (at Rutgers)?? SO yeah...OSU's resume > Ann Arbors when you break it down

Fuck regardless of last night...it would be EXTREMELY hard to leave a 1 loss OSU out of the playoff should it end up that way based on RESUME...just my $.02

but I did love watching Ann Arbor College get their collective teeth kicked in physically last night...especially watching Jabroni Peppers Heisman Campaign FLAME OUT...

NOV 26th FUCKOS...it's on...I'll be there in person and can't wait...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Ohio State and Louisville right now are playoff worthy but are probably going to get screwed over by tie-breakers in their division to keep them out of their conference title games.

Gun to my head, I'd put Ohio State in the playoff over Louisville. The out of conference win of Oklahoma for the Buckeyes would be their trump card.

I really would like to see how the committee handles a situation where Oklahoma goes unbeaten in the Big XII but lost two out of conference (including the loss to Ohio State) and Ohio State (if they beat Michigan but Penn State goes to Indy).

Washington State and Colorado have made big strides this year but would they dare put either of them in the playoff over Ohio State or Louisville if either of them win the Pac-12?

We could very well have a scenario where the committee has to decide between a 1-loss at large team vs. a 2-loss conference champ.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

neither the Pac or Big XII deserve a playoff spot. OU may solve that problem @WVU next week....unless the Sooners score a 1000 points.

i wouldn't be too bent by two Big Ten teams...though i suspect 11.26 at the Shoe is an elimination game. OU and Nebraska played a rematch in the Orange Bowl in 1978.

no matter what happens. i will say Wazzou and USC are both pretty "hot" teams.

WSU at Colorado will be interesting. in 40+ years of watching BTPCF i have not seen as much "improvement" on one side of the ball as the CU D. they aren't great at LB but they tackle and cover you man at CB. get pressure up front most of the time. war jim leavitt and mucho bulls. i have seen with my own eyes Leach can have about 15 minutes of football where you just can't stop his guys. they are throwing it where you ain't. and then a lot of his guys running to the end zone.

ATM is a dumpster fire minus Trevor Knight. though, for all the hooray of it....ATM do seem to lose quite a lot at Kyle Field.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

First, USC made a massive jump after the rough start (playing a good QB, for starters). Give USC another crack at Bama right now (I know that's not the way the world works), and it wouldn't be a blowout, and I doubt Bama would score more than 6 -- if you let USC stack the box (sup no QB for Bama), you're in trouble.

And if anyone even mentioned Wazzu in this thread... eject now. You've disqualified yourself from the discussion. While they're like USC with the improvement curve, they lost to Bama in Week 1... Wazzu lost to a fucking FCS(second year in a row)... end of discussion.

Either the B1G or ACC should get 2. The PAC and B12 are dreadful.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:First, USC made a massive jump after the rough start (playing a good QB, for starters). Give USC another crack at Bama right now (I know that's not the way the world works), and it wouldn't be a blowout, and I doubt Bama would score more than 6 -- if you let USC stack the box (sup no QB for Bama), you're in trouble.

And if anyone even mentioned Wazzu in this thread... eject now. You've disqualified yourself from the discussion. While they're like USC with the improvement curve, they lost to Bama in Week 1... Wazzu lost to a fucking FCS(second year in a row)... end of discussion.

Either the B1G or ACC should get 2. The PAC and B12 are dreadful.
i mentioned Wazzou....but not in the context of a FF team. just a team i wouldn't want to play right now.

you doubt Bama would score more than 6 on USC right now?
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

PSU and Wisky win out and go to the B1G championship game, where Wisky wins big.

tOSU beats Michigan in two weeks.

Clemson wins out.

Bammer obviously wins out.

In the semifinals, Wisky makes Sudden Sam cry and tOSU takes out Clemson.

Wisky beats tOSU in the final. First step in Wisky winning both football and basketball titles in the same season.

More Wisky whiskey.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: In the semifinals, Wisky makes Sudden Sam cry
How could the Badgers win a game scoring 0 points?
They give up half a point per game less than Wisky
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Image

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Image