Right coast gonna get power washed

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Right coast gonna get power washed

Post by smackaholic »

Barren down the hatches fukkers. Looks like this is gonna be a good one. Looks like the eye is gonna ride I-95N for at least the length of Florida.

I know we have a few gulf coast trolls. I suspect you guys will just get a good soaking....as well as Atlantic coast fliends/relatives looking for a place to stay. Wolfie, better stock up on beast light milk, bread and eggs just to be safe.

Hopefully Matt will keep on chugging up the coast, drown everyone in DC, they run out of self of steam and just give us parched U&Rers with about a foot of rain.

I am sure the dems are already getting together their climate change did this speeches, despite that fact that it's been quiet, storm-wise for decades and there were class 4-5 hurricanes in the area in the 1800s, before anyone knew what a internal combustion engine was.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Right coast gonna get power washed

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:BTW, glad I didn't post any mention of Matthew. I need a ruling from Marty as to what news events are allowed to be posted and which ones are not.
Just to be safe, don't post any. Assume that if it is indeed newsworthy, someone else will post it. :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Just to be safe, don't post any. Assume that if it is indeed newsworthy, someone else will post it. :mrgreen:
Gotcha.

If I ever get back to traveling again, will I be permitted to do PETs of the lovely southern countryside and its female denizens?
Yes. That would be an example of playing to your strengths.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah, whatever. We have a storm coming, and it might dump the better part of an inch over the next day-and-a-half.

Fuck the Least Coast, I have my own problems (like gearing up for all the tasty salmon the rain will bring inland).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Smackie Chan and Screwy, of course, will be allowed to leave before it hits.
I'm at ORD, waiting for my connection into Michigan. I think, where else, is just going to get a bunch of rain, nothing too severe.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Rain and wind from the northwest strands of Matthew are here already. I don't anticipate anything more than some free water and breezes here south of Fort Myers.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:I need a ruling from Marty as to what news events are allowed to be posted and which ones are not.
Just to be safe, don't post any.

Sam, just listen to Goobs. It's okay...I've deputized him to be able to make enforcement calls.

Goobs, you're doing a hell of a job. You're the best field agent I've got, but DAMMIT...you're a loose cannon! I've got Public Affairs breathing down my neck. Reign it in, or I want your badge on my desk first thing tomorrow morning!
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I hit it.....2 times

sin,

Matthew

So now they're saying Matt may just blow a U-turn somewhere around GA and do a victory lap of The Bahamas and Florida?

Must be a climate change dealio.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Let the good times roll...the East side has it coming.
Go Bucs, Gators
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

FL, GA & SC getting hit by a cat 4, and tornadoes in KS.

I'd say God is pretty pissed at the GOP for picking Trump.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

And yet the almighty left Mara Lago standing. WTF? Fire and brimstone be slacking.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Pretty cool, Sam.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Awesome visual.

Keep an eye on Northwestern Europe and you'll see why windmills are very popular here.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Hurricane Matthew is nothing more than a vast liberal media conspiracy created to deflect attention away from Hillary's rampant criminal behavior.

-Papa Willie
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

Diego getting power washed Image
Last edited by The Big Pickle on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Hurricane Matthew is nothing more than a vast liberal media conspiracy created to deflect attention away from Hillary's rampant criminal behavior.

-Papa Willie
Matt Drudge and Rush Limbaugh are on the record believing this as well.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:At the risk of incurring the wrath of multiple posters, I offer a very cool weather site:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=26.77;-79.6 ... =0xIAb9A9A
Go to that website and search for Antarctica, zoom out a bit, and you can see the edge of the firmament.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=-72;17;2&l= ... =0xIAb9A9A

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Wolfman wrote:Rain and wind from the northwest strands of Matthew are here already. I don't anticipate anything more than some free water and breezes here south of Fort Myers.
Rained a bit here overnight, but nothing worse than what we gets during a typical summer day. Wind only started picking up this afternoon
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

There appears to be a black hole just northwest of Santa Barbara.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=34.620;-119 ... =0xIAb9A9A
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Mikey wrote:There appears to be a black hole...
"Oh...I thought you said pole..."

:(

Sincerely, Stan
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Mikey wrote:There appears to be a black hole just northwest of Santa Barbara.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=34.620;-119 ... =0xIAb9A9A
That is probably just Moving Sale.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:Well that was sort of silly.
Apparently you're not familiar with my work here.
We're also getting a lot of transplanted people (like Mgo) from it.
What do you mean like me? I don't live in your shit hole state.

Tennessee is the only state in ESS E SEE country I would consider living in.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Tennessee is the only state in ESS E SEE country I would consider living in.
Huh, didn't see that one coming.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Don't look too much into it. It's either the Upper Peninsula of Michigan or Tennessee for Mgo.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Don't look too much into it. It's either the Upper Peninsula of Michigan or Tennessee for Mgo.
Huh? I don't desire to live in Tennessee, I'm just saying if I were to live in the south, that's where I'd choose. Good combo of scenery and culture. My top choices would be Marquette, the Leelanau area, or Maine. I can't do without four proper seasons. It just doesn't seem... right.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You could do worse than Nashville. Would still be living there if I wasn't too damn lazy to find another wife. The Knoxville area is kice as well. At the other end of the state we have Memphis. Yeah, they have world class Blues and some pretty good grub, but it is a Shit Hole.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

The NC State- ND game was terrific to watch. Every football game should either be played in a hurricane or a blizzard. Highly entertaining.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Reminds me of a football game played in equally horrible conditions who said, after winning the coin toss, that they'd be kicking with the tide.
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The fastest growing metro area for the last 4 years would be... mine. Tell me all about flyover transplants. No sympathy for you cousinfuckers.

But back to the thread topic -- it's our turn for the pressure washer. Sahara season is over, and the rainy season begins, in grand fashion. Suppose to be 3 gullywashers coming through in succession. 40-50 MPH wind here, 80+ on the Coast. Maybe some local flooding (way too early in the season for the big rivers to flood, and they're dammed 10 ways to Sunday for power and flood control).

Should be a good time.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:No offense to Mgo. He seems like a nice enough dude. We could probably absorb him without too much damage to the populace, but, for the most part, we have got to do a better job slowing their migration.
Why do you hate raising your state's collective IQ?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote: Besides - that's just a typical fall/winter program for you guys.

Not at all -- it rarely rains hard here, it just rains very frequently, starting in late fall, usually. But around this time, we get the "seasonal shift" thing going on, and the pineapple express/Pacific fire hose thing takes direct aim. This one is actually Typhoon Songa broken up and headed east.

Looks like our friends the Calis to the south might get a bunch to fill up their lakes/reservoirs, which will get them off to a nice early start on water.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 5PM PDT THU

... A PAIR OF POTENTIALLY DAMAGING STORM SYSTEMS WILL IMPACT WESTERN WASHINGTON THROUGH THE WEEKEND...

RAIN WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES TODAY ACROSS WESTERN WASHINGTON IN ADVANCE OF A STRENGTHENING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM APPROACHING THE REGION. STEADY RAINFALL IS LIKELY TO PERSIST TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY MORNING AS THE SURFACE LOW LIFTS NORTHWARD JUST OFF THE COAST. BY FRIDAY MORNING... HEFTY RAINFALL TOTALS ARE ANTICIPATED WITH 1 TO 3 INCHES OVER THE INTERIOR LOWLANDS... 2 TO 5 INCHES ALONG THE COAST AND CASCADE MOUNTAINS... AND 4 TO 8 INCHES OVER THE SOUTH FACING SLOPES OF THE OLYMPIC MOUNTAINS. THIS WILL CAUSE RISES IN ALL RIVER BASINS... WITH SOME RIVERS EXPECTED TO FLOOD. REFER TO THE LATEST FLOOD WATCH AND BULLETINS FOR THE MOST UPDATED AND DETAILED INFORMATION.

THE FIRST BIG SURGE IN SOUTHERLY WIND WILL HAPPEN ON THE COAST LATE THIS AFTERNOON... THEN SPREADING INLAND THIS EVENING. THIS WILL OCCUR AS THE LOW CENTER LIFTS NORTHWARD OVER THE COASTAL WATERS NEAR THE COAST. PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST HIGH WIND WARNING STATEMENT FOR DETAILS ON TIMING AND WIND SPEEDS EXPECTED FOR DIFFERENT PORTIONS OF WESTERN WASHINGTON.

FRIDAY WILL BE RAINY AND WINDY... BUT IT WILL SERVE AS A RELATIVE LULL BEFORE A MORE POTENTIALLY DAMAGING STORM ON SATURDAY.

THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR A DAMAGING STORM TO AFFECT WESTERN WASHINGTON SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. CONFIDENCE IS INCREASING THAT AN UNUSUALLY STRONG LOW PRESSURE CENTER... WITH ITS ORIGINS TRACED BACK TO TYPHOON SONGDA IN THE WESTERN PACIFIC... WILL PEAK IN STRENGTH SATURDAY NIGHT AS IT APPROACHES THE WASHINGTON COAST. STRONG WINDS WILL CONTINUE FOR SEVERAL HOURS AFTER THE LOW MAKES LANDFALL SOMEWHERE FROM THE CENTRAL WASHINGTON COAST TO THE CENTRAL COAST OF VANCOUVER ISLAND LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.

THE EXACT TRACK OF THE LOW WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN HOW BADLY THIS STORM IMPACTS WESTERN WASHINGTON. THERE IS A 1 IN 3 CHANCE OF THE LOW CENTER DIRECTLY CROSSING SOME PART OF THE CENTRAL OR NORTH COAST OF WESTERN WASHINGTON. THIS WOULD BE A WORST CASE SCENARIO LEADING TO A HISTORICAL WINDSTORM FOR NEARLY ALL OF WESTERN WASHINGTON THAT WOULD BE LONG REMEMBERED.

THERE IS A 2 IN 3 CHANCE THAT THE LOW CENTER WILL PASS FURTHER OFFSHORE... MAKING LANDFALL ON VANCOUVER ISLAND. THIS OUTCOME WOULD CONFINE THE MOST DAMAGING WINDS TO THE COAST AND TO THE NORTH INTERIOR (AREAS NORTH OF EVERETT). INLAND LOCATIONS SUCH AS THE PUGET SOUND REGION AND THE I-5 CORRIDOR OF SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON WOULD EXPERIENCE THE TYPE OF WINDSTORM THAT WOULD NORMALLY BE EXPECTED A COUPLE TIMES EACH STORM SEASON. POWER OUTAGES AND TREE DAMAGE OVER INLAND LOCATIONS WOULD BE LESS WIDESPREAD IN THE SCENARIO.

CONFIDENCE IS GROWING THAT VERY LARGE SWELL GENERATED BY THE SECOND STORM SYSTEM WILL IMPACT THE COAST WITH LARGE WAVES OVER THE WEEKEND. SEAS COULD BUILD TO 30 TO 35 FEET OVER THE WASHINGTON COASTAL WATERS... WITH LARGE AND DAMAGING WAVES IMPACTING THE COAST. BEACH EROSION IS LIKELY AND WILL BE PARTICULARLY THREATENING TO THE SUSCEPTIBLE OCEAN SHORES PENINSULA. PEOPLE SHOULD AVOID THE BEACH AS LARGE DEBRIS WILL BE TOSSED ONTO THE BEACH.

CHECK BACK REGULARLY FOR THE LATEST FORECASTS... WATCHES AND WARNINGS. MAKE PREPARATIONS NOW FOR POWER OUTAGES... TREE DAMAGE... AND OTHER IMPACTS. THE WEEKEND SYSTEM HAS THE HIGHEST POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGE... BUT IT ALSO HAS THE GREATEST RANGE OF POSSIBLE OUTCOMES.
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, in short... it's a doozie.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: I wouldn't live in your state for 7 figures a year.
Bull fucking shit.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Papa Willie wrote: Besides - that's just a typical fall/winter program for you guys.

Not at all -- it rarely rains hard here, it just rains very frequently, starting in late fall, usually. But around this time, we get the "seasonal shift" thing going on, and the pineapple express/Pacific fire hose thing takes direct aim. This one is actually Typhoon Songa broken up and headed east.

Looks like our friends the Calis to the south might get a bunch to fill up their lakes/reservoirs, which will get them off to a nice early start on water.
Nothing down here though, I guess.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I think there's a very slight chance that the low could head in farther south than the current tracking... very slight. Too bad, I was hoping SoCal would get some, since they need it. Looks like the upper Sacramento Valley should get plenty.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah my brother lives in El Dorado Hills (outside Sacramento).They're barrening down the hatches.
Not nearly cold enough yet for any mountain snow, though. Too bad.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: Not nearly cold enough yet for any mountain snow, though. Too bad.
Should get some at the tippy-tops out of this... which will melt.

It isn't too windy yet, but starting to rain pretty good.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

99 mph gust 1/2 hour ago @ Cape Meares.
9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Oregon tries to do a SEC immitation:

https://twitter.com/KATUNews/status/786966854673784832
9/27/22