Eaten at a Wendy's in the last year?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Eaten at a Wendy's in the last year?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Brian Krebs is awesome. Unfortunately his site is also thoroughly depressing.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I can't recall using my bank card let alone a credit card at a fast food joint. I've seen people doing it though.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Weird. I've never used a credit card to buy fast food.
Probably due to the credit card limit. :mrgreen:

I can't imagine using a credit card on any food tab under $100.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

What Scott said.

I used to feel kind of weird pulling out plastic to buy nickle dime stuff at stores. I now use it pertty much exclusively. Buy dollar coffees at McD's with it all the time. I did buy a grilled chicken sammi at the wendy's at Logan yesterday. It was the suck. McD's buck and a half McChicken is better.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wendy's food is just God-awful. No shock that their I/T department sucks as well.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:Weird. I've never used a credit card to buy fast food. I hope nobody else in here has done as such.
Why wouldn't you? I don't give pikkkle's black dick if they hack my credit card. Plus I want the points.

Fuck off, already.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Papa Willie wrote:I've never used a credit card to buy fast food.

Doesn't your species just sieve out the krill through your baleen plates?

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Why would anyone pay cash for anything?

I guess people that can't manage their finances would be better off paying cash than over extending themselves. But for the rest of us use a credit card that at least offers cash back if not points of some kind. Hell even the Capital One card is better than cash.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There is another reason to use it. When I buy a coffee at McD's, it costs 1.06 With cash, if you don't have change, you hand over 2 bucks and get back a handful of change. This change has a habit of eventually disappearing as you don't want to walk around with a pocket ful of change. So, that coffee cost 2 bucks. After a while it adds up.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:There is another reason to use it. When I buy a coffee at McD's, it costs 1.06 With cash, if you don't have change, you hand over 2 bucks and get back a handful of change. This change has a habit of eventually disappearing as you don't want to walk around with a pocket ful of change.
What? Do you just toss it in the gutter because you're too lazy to carry it home? Jesus.

But there's another reason I don't use plastic for small purchases. It costs the retailer when you use that card. Of course, I tend to patronize local retailers, not chains.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:No shock that their I/T department sucks as well.
Likely third-party for the POS(that's Point Of Sale, not Goob's MO).

After Target, HomeD, and Nordstrom (being a U&Ler, I don't feel the need to incorrectly put an S after Nordstrom) got breeched, a friend made a shit-ton of dough replacing POS systems at those retailers (I did some, but was a little late to the party). The problem was typically the PIN Pads themselves, although some places had 90's-technology BOH (Back Of House) servers, which were also replaced (and the hardware firewall, as a matter of course).

As far as using a debit at a fast food place, a 7-11, or anywhere else... who gives a fuck? If I have cash, I pay cash. I'm not making an extra trip to the ATM just to avoid it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goobs, I simply don't like a pocket full of change. Got enough shit in my pockets to keep track of already. As for the retailer losing a few cents, yeah, they do, but they get back a bit by not having to keep track of the cash. I typically will tip in cash, mainly as my way of sticking it to my governor. I figure cash tips generally go right into the pocket of the server whereas CC tips have to go on the books where that greedy fukk takes his piece.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Too many decent local burger joints in Rochester to worry about Wendy's.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber wrote:
But there's another reason I don't use plastic for small purchases. It costs the retailer when you use that card. Of course, I tend to patronize local retailers, not chains.

If said local retailer accepts plastic then they have already built in the cost of accepting plastic into their rates/prices. That or they suck at running a business.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Pretty much stopped eating fast food a couple of years ago. I'll get a McD's coffee occasionally when on the road.

BTW I know this may come as a shock but if you take that change home and drop it in a can you're not actually losing it.
You're saving up for a new extension cord.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott wrote:Eaten
McHunt
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote:Pretty much stopped eating fast food a couple of years ago. I'll get a McD's coffee occasionally when on the road.

BTW I know this may come as a shock but if you take that change home and drop it in a can you're not actually losing it.
I'm with suckaholic. I hate carrying round a pocket full of change, though if I'm Spray I call that my savings account.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote: I hate carrying round a pocket full of change, though if I'm Spray I call that ballast.
FTFY

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Fast food- In n Out and Subway I will do many once a month each. The rest is complete crap. You have to literally be stuipd to eat that shit in this day and age.

Credit/Debit cards- I always pay cash. You take your miles and points I'll take my card not being hacked. I have one card that only is used for rental cars on trips that is hooked to a bank account. Until enterprise gets hacked I'm good to go. I carry a couple of gift cards and lay the 1% but rarely use them.

Change- Quarters go in a cup in door of car at every opportunity and if you have kids you can always use Quarters even these days. The rest in cup for meters and whatnot. When that is mostly pennies I slap it in the counting machine at the grocery store and drop the 8+% for convenience.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mikey wrote:
I'm with suckaholic.
IQ-wise?
I hate carrying round a pocket full of change.
That's why you take it out of your pocket and put it in a can. It's possible to do this almost as often as your pocket fills up.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I cashed in my spare change before our family 4th of July trip. It was over 200 dollars. Paid for gas and a night out.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Papa Willie wrote: I automatically figure that fast food workers are dumb as shit (who in the FUCK is going to disagree with that?). Why give them a chance to fuck up? If I don't allow them to fuck up, I don't get pissed off, and they don't get mad at me for getting pissed off at them.

At my age, I prefer convenient, shit-free methods in dealing with people - certainly of the "dumb as shit" variety. The best way to deal with shit is not to.
So fast food workers are dumb, but instead of handing them something that all they have to do is swipe and hand back, you give them something that requires them to do math and accurately? Strange logic you employ there.
Moving Sale wrote:
Credit/Debit cards- I always pay cash. You take your miles and points I'll take my card not being hacked. I have one card that only is used for rental cars on trips that is hooked to a bank account. Until enterprise gets hacked I'm good to go.
Man your bank must not be very good or they hate you. My bank and Credit Card issuers usually alert me to possible fraud and hold up potentially fraudulent activity. If I confirm it to be fraudulent they overnight a new card no questions asked. Granted this has maybe happened 5 times in 20 years despite traveling overseas for work often. Heck, business owners aren't doing right by their company if they ever pay cash or especially by check.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

My (local) bank loves me and anytime there is a question on my account they call, but that rarely happens because I don't use my card much. Hey I get why you use your card. It's easy. Cash is a hassle, but it's a hassle I don't mind, and am willing to trade for that hassle for the benefits of not having to deal with hacking. Your way is different not better.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Moving Sale wrote:You take your miles and points I'll take my card not being hacked
Why do you care if your CC is hacked? I don't get it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: That's why you take it out of your pocket and put it in a can. It's possible to do this almost as often as your pocket fills up.
Yeah, numbnuts, that's what I do. Still hating carrying around pocket full of change ALL DAY until I get home and unload them.

Try to keep up.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote: Hey I get why you use your card. It's easy. Cash is a hassle, but it's a hassle I don't mind, and am willing to trade for that hassle for the benefits of not having to deal with hacking. Your way is different not better.
I would disagree that my way is different not better. At worst I am getting a rebate if I use a cash back card. At best I am getting something that I never would pay cash for, i.e. $45,000 worth of first class tickets to Asia for example. But that isn't what I am discussing here.

You seem to be quite concerned with the possibility of fraudulent charges on a credit card. Even if there were fraudulent charges the bank "fixes" it with little to no effort from you and zero consequences. Are you worried about Identity theft? I get that but using a credit card to pay offers some insulation from that.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:$45,000 worth of first class tickets to Asia for example.
How are you getting this? I know a guy who is a director of operations for one of the A-10 bball teams. He is responsible for booking hotels for the team for everyone one of its road trips. He puts them on his CC and expenses them. He said he gets so many rewards he couldn't possibly use them all even if they were for the most extravagant trips.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:Lefty - I probably would use a card (although it would be a debit card) if I was out & about as much as you. That being said, it's easier to catch them when they fuck up on cash, and it's almost never a problem getting them to correct it. On the other hand, if they fuck up on a card, I just don't feel the need to waste hours on trying to go through the hoops of it later on.
Using your "debit card" is the least secure way to process a cashless transaction. You understand that, correct?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote: You seem to be quite concerned with the possibility of fraudulent charges on a credit card. Even if there were fraudulent charges the bank "fixes" it with little to no effort from you and zero consequences. Are you worried about Identity theft? I get that but using a credit card to pay offers some insulation from that.
Some insulation isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for maximum insulation. You are a trusting sort of chap it would appear. I'm not. I loath most any company with more 50 employees and I don't trust big bro at all.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

What's SM's kryptonite?

Being given change that includes a half dollar.

He immediately starts walking away like he's Hillary Clinton.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mikey wrote: That's why you take it out of your pocket and put it in a can. It's possible to do this almost as often as your pocket fills up.
Yeah, numbnuts, that's what I do. Still hating carrying around pocket full of change ALL DAY until I get home and unload them.

Try to keep up.
You must have pretty small pockets, or buy one fuck of a lot of fast food and be too damn stupid to spend change from one place at the next one, for your pocket to fill up with change IN ONE DAY.

Fucking kids these days. Too lazy or dumb to know how to add up two quarters, a dime and three pennies.

Try again.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:$45,000 worth of first class tickets to Asia for example.
How are you getting this? I know a guy who is a director of operations for one of the A-10 bball teams. He is responsible for booking hotels for the team for everyone one of its road trips. He puts them on his CC and expenses them. He said he gets so many rewards he couldn't possibly use them all even if they were for the most extravagant trips.
Well all my spend down to the smallest items are purchased with a credit card. Almost all of my personal expenses go on an American Airlines CC, from the mortgage to monthly bills to groceries and everything in between. . My Marriott hotel stays go on the Marriott CC. All the costs of running my business except for payroll go on an American Express.

Now I just threw out $45,000 as an example. I would never spend that on first class tickets to Asia, but for roughly $80,000 in spending I am going to make anyway I use frequent flier miles to purchase said first class tickets.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Papa Willie wrote:
Never had a problem, and I never keep more than about $500 in the account, so there would not be much left to lose after I make a trip to a fast food joint.
FTFY
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:Weird. I've never used a credit card to buy fast food. I hope nobody else in here has done as such.
I woulda guessed you have an account there. And when you get to the register, the pimply faced kid goes, "The usual?"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

If I want to see a fat man handling a minnow, I'll put the Outdoor Channel on.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: You're weird.
Notice how he's able to smack you without mentioning a penis?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That was a good joke. Please dispense my racks and carry on.