I'm watching Guns and Roses live at FedEx Field via Periscop

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

I'm watching Guns and Roses live at FedEx Field via Periscop

Post by Screw_Michigan »

This is the shit! Periscope has really revolutionized (or ruined, if you're these bands or promoters) live event watching. The sound is pretty good and I'm basically watching the giant video boards. No data fuckups and the video is good, too.

I don't understand why these huge bands like GNR don't get on top of this shit and offer their own HD PPV for $20 or $30. 26 years ago Axl could and did walk out of shows because he saw tapers or video tapers in the crowd. Now there's 30,000 HD video cameras at every show. Bands can let people show the show for free via Periscope or they can get on top of this shit and offer a PPV for $20 and get worldwide subscribers.

Here's the link if you care, maybe it will be available for replay.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BRKjjWLdBVKw
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: I'm watching Guns and Roses live at FedEx Field via Peri

Post by BSmack »

I caught some video of the new GnR at Cochella. They sucked. There are karaoke singers out there that could do a better job than Axl.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

We are going Wednesday night to see the show here at Arrowhead.
Gotta say though, I am actually more geeked about seeing AiC than
GnR.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:This is the shit! Periscope has really revolutionized (or ruined, if you're these bands or promoters) live event watching. The sound is pretty good and I'm basically watching the giant video boards. No data fuckups and the video is good, too.

I don't understand why these huge bands like GNR don't get on top of this shit and offer their own HD PPV for $20 or $30. 26 years ago Axl could and did walk out of shows because he saw tapers or video tapers in the crowd. Now there's 30,000 HD video cameras at every show. Bands can let people show the show for free via Periscope or they can get on top of this shit and offer a PPV for $20 and get worldwide subscribers.

Here's the link if you care, maybe it will be available for replay.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BRKjjWLdBVKw
They won't do the HD PPV because you leeches would still watch the free one you seem so enamored by.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: They won't do the HD PPV because you leeches would still watch the free one you seem so enamored by.
I don't know how much it would cost to produce, so you might be right. Or what if it was just sound? I would pay $20 for excellent sound. Ultimately this would interfere with the goal of getting people to shell out $150 and $50 in parking to sit in a stadium.

PS, much like your grammar, your logic is god awful.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote:I caught some video of the new GnR at Cochella. They sucked. There are karaoke singers out there that could do a better job than Axl.
Yes, they were terrible at Coachella, but that was also one of their first performances together in 24 years. Last night seemed better.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

kcdave wrote:We are going Wednesday night to see the show here at Arrowhead.
Gotta say though, I am actually more geeked about seeing AiC than
GnR.
AiC beats the hell out of Lenny Kravitz when it comes to openers. They had to move all the upper level ticket holders at FedEx Field due to lack of sales, so be prepared for that.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
smackaholic wrote: They won't do the HD PPV because you leeches would still watch the free one you seem so enamored by.
I don't know how much it would cost to produce, so you might be right. Or what if it was just sound? I would pay $20 for excellent sound. Ultimately this would interfere with the goal of getting people to shell out $150 and $50 in parking to sit in a stadium.

PS, much like your grammar, your logic is god awful.
My logic is fine. Cheap fukks wouldn't pay in numbers large enough to matter. And some of those willing to shell out to see it live, might reconsider, although, I doubt this wouldn't be that big a factor. People go to these concerts for the concert experience, not great sound.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:People go to these concerts for the concert experience, not great sound.
Quite the ignorant statement, par for the course for you.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Holy shit. Axl turned into KC Paul.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
smackaholic wrote:People go to these concerts for the concert experience, not great sound.
You can sit home and get great sound. Is great sound a plus at a concert? Sure it is, but, it is not the sole reason to go.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
You can sit home and get great sound. Is great sound a plus at a concert? Sure it is, but, it is not the sole reason to go.
Football stadium concerts are a shitty "concert experience," so you can take your take and shove it up your ass. I'm not paying $200 to see GNR in a football stadium and I know I'm not the only one. But as a connoisseur of live music and a fan of the band, I'd pay $ to listen to the show.

Obviously you'd be an incredible failure in business development, typical as you're an incredible failure in life already.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I won't pay 200 bucks to see anybody, much less GnR. And yes, good sound is a huge bonus, but unless you are at Carnegie Hall or a few other places, it's quite likely to suck. Many arenas have crappy acoustics. Lots of echo. I have never been to an outdoor stadium concert, but, I suspect it ain't all that great there either.

Best place to see live music is in a small club. Not likely to find any classic rock legends playing them though.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:I won't pay 200 bucks to see anybody, much less GnR. And yes, good sound is a huge bonus, but unless you are at Carnegie Hall or a few other places, it's quite likely to suck. Many arenas have crappy acoustics. Lots of echo. I have never been to an outdoor stadium concert, but, I suspect it ain't all that great there either.

Best place to see live music is in a small club. Not likely to find any classic rock legends playing them though.
Christ, you are stupid.

:meds:
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

My God you are an embarrassment to the human race. Didn't you mention Alzheimer's in another thread? You might want to consider having yourself checked out.
smackaholic wrote:I won't pay 200 bucks to see anybody, much less GnR.
Well this is one place we agree. Though I did spend $300 for third row seats to see Van Morrison a few years ago on my birthday. Worth every cent.
And yes, good sound is a huge bonus, but unless you are at Carnegie Hall or a few other places, it's quite likely to suck.
You mean a few hundred (or maybe a few thousand) concert halls and theaters in every part of the US?
Many arenas have crappy acoustics. Lots of echo.
All arenas have crappy acoustics.
I have never been to an outdoor stadium concert, but, I suspect it ain't all that great there either.
Then STFU about stadium concerts. You have no idea what you're talking about.
And there are plenty of outdoor venues that aren't stadiums that have excellent acoustics. I'll be heading up the Hollywood Bowl in a few weeks - one of the best music venues in the world for rock, jazz, classical or anything.
Yes and no. Small clubs don't necessarily have good acoustics. The intimacy factor can be a plus but often clubs are crowded and have shitty sight lines. And sometimes drunk assholes puking in the parking lot.
Last edited by Mikey on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

G-N-R is still one of my favorite groups of all time.

One of my favorite songs!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Funny. I would have pegged you as a Village People kind of guy.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

The Big Pickle wrote:G-N-R is still one of my favorite groups of all time.

One of my favorite songs!
Was not on the set list of the first two shows. I am doubting
it will be on tonights list either.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

While an interesting song, Pitschkle only likes it because he's a uber racist piece of shit.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Image free upgrade. Nose bleed to lower level. Man I fucking love AiC!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nice photo, broski. Congrats on the upgrade, they did the same for the show here in DC, ostensibly for poor ticket sales in the upper level.

How was the show?
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

Best EVER!
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

The show here in KC was great and I am not the biggest GNR fan. I guess that's why I had never seen
them before. The music and lyrics were damn near perfect, without sounding like it was some lip sync
bs. Modern technology is a bitch. The sound system was awesome. LOUD, without blasting your ear
drums. The best part was, the concert was FUN. Lots of security around, but not the overbearing shit
that you see at most concerts now. People were smoking everywhere, and most was not tobacco. First
time I have smelled the chronic at a show in over 20 years. The whole overall vibe was refreshing. It
was also good to see some younger folks at rock concert. The OL snapped some decent pics, here a
couple.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Final estimates put the crowd at about 25000. Nice of whomever to relocate all seats downstairs and
turn our $60 tickets into a $100 tickets for no extra charge.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Glad to hear you had a good time. I've heard nothing but great reviews of GNR so far this tour.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Nothing's more "rock and roll" than pre-ripped designer jeans. :meds:

I'd rather pay to hear Taylor Swift queef into a microphone for 2 hours.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: I'd rather pay to hear Taylor Swift queef into a microphone for 2 hours.
Change "Taylor Swift" to "trev"...

and "microphone" to "my face" and call it a done deal.

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

...because I'm not gay.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Like Stanley.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

...who is gay.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

...for other men.
Why don’t you just STFU.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i saw skid row open for gnr. i liked gnr ok, mister brownstone.....cool. expensive tickets back then. like seeing u2 in the 80's biggest band in the world....might as well go.

skid row kicked gnr's ass. skid row.

gnr was awful. i've seen youtube stuff that is good....but they were awful the night i saw them. not "we are too cool" awful....just awful.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

King Crimson wrote:i saw skid row open for gnr. i liked gnr ok, mister brownstone.....cool. expensive tickets back then. like seeing u2 in the 80's biggest band in the world....might as well go.

skid row kicked gnr's ass. skid row.

gnr was awful. i've seen youtube stuff that is good....but they were awful the night i saw them. not "we are too cool" awful....just awful.
What year?