Your 11/22 top 10

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Your 11/22 top 10

Post by Shoalzie »

Clemson will get a test against the Heels but I see them winning out...they're the clear-cut #1.

I don't understand putting Iowa ahead of Alabama when the B1G West is clearly the weaker of the two divisions and they didn't even play any of the top 4 teams in the East. Their best win has yet to happen...that will have to be in Indy.

Say what you want about the SEC this year but you can still have a strong team emerge from mediocrity. Bama's only loss came from the team that has emerged as the 2nd best team in that conference. Florida will be massacred in Atlanta and Alabama will belong in the playoff when the dust settles.

Oklahoma is (K)night and day without Mayfield. He has to be healthy for them to stay relevant in this discussion. I don't want to see another Big XII team in the playoff other than the Sooners.

I need to see a strong effort from Notre Dame at Stanford because they've been getting by with too many close wins.

To me it's down to Clemson, Alabama, the B1G champ and whomever survives between Oklahoma and Notre Dame. If both teams win out, I have to give the edge to Oklahoma just because they're playing their best ball right now. If that loss to Texas happened a week or two ago...I don't even consider them.

The only curveball would be if Michigan found their way into Indy and won as a 2-loss conference champ. I'm pretty much assuming the B1G champ will be MSU, Iowa or if Ohio State comes alive again.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I said this before but Oklahoma is in such an odd spot. They look playoff worthy NOW but have the worst loss of the top one loss teams.

Notre Dame might have the best possible loss but they're getting wrecked by key injuries. They have a win over Texas but that was almost with a completely different offense.

If both win Saturday on the road to quality opponents...and these are their final games of the year. Who gets in?
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Shoalzie wrote:I said this before but Oklahoma is in such an odd spot. They look playoff worthy NOW but have the worst loss of the top one loss teams.

Notre Dame might have the best possible loss but they're getting wrecked by key injuries. They have a win over Texas but that was almost with a completely different offense.

If both win Saturday on the road to quality opponents...and these are their final games of the year. Who gets in?
True, but it wasn't a different offense, just different parts.

Tomorrow will tell a lot. So far, the verbiage being used by the committee is that there is a distinct 4, and then the rest. If ND keeps their spot in the top 4 and the committee still uses that term, then they just have to beat Stanford and they are in. ND has been hit with injuries and I think the most key have been to the offensive line, and they are still playing. 4 out of 5 starters have high ankle sprains. But if they can get by Stanford, they would have time to rest, as well as getting back Prosise, Jarron Jones (NT lost for the year so far in fall drills) and possibly Russell and Malik Zaire.

If OU is ahead of ND tomorrow, ND is fucked barring a loss by OU.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

1 Clemson
2 Oklahoma
3 Iowa
4 Michigan St
5 Alabama
6 Notre Dame
7 Baylor
8 Ohio State
9 North Carolina
10 Stanford
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:ND/Stanford = must, must watch game if there ever was one...
McCaffrey finally starting to get some Heisman recognition after 389 APY, including a few pretty eye-catching plays, against Kal. If he has a big game on in Prime Time on Saturday...who knows?
Knowing Shaw, though, he'll probably feature the passing game instead.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Shoalzie wrote:I don't understand putting Iowa ahead of Alabama when the B1G West is clearly the weaker of the two divisions and they didn't even play any of the top 4 teams in the East. Their best win has yet to happen...that will have to be in Indy.
And yet the only team (as of yet) to hang a loss on MSU is a middle of the pack team from "clearly the weaker" west division....Nebraska (who may also give Iowa their first loss on Friday). You might also want to check out the W-L record from inter-division play this season.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Alabama's only beaten one team that's currently in the top 25 (#21 MSST). Iowa has also only beaten one team in the top 25, but at 19 Northwestern is ranked higher than MSST. Iowa has a pretty weak schedule, but is it any weaker than Bama's? The only other top 25 team to play Bama made them look look bad.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Mikey wrote:Alabama's only beaten one team that's currently in the top 25 (#21 MSST). Iowa has also only beaten one team in the top 25, but at 19 Northwestern is ranked higher than MSST. Iowa has a pretty weak schedule, but is it any weaker than Bama's? The only other top 25 team to play Bama made them look look bad.
I just moved Henry to the top of my Heisman list.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't mean that personally.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mikey wrote:Alabama's only beaten one team that's currently in the top 25 (#21 MSST). Iowa has also only beaten one team in the top 25, but at 19 Northwestern is ranked higher than MSST. Iowa has a pretty weak schedule, but is it any weaker than Bama's? The only other top 25 team to play Bama made them look look bad.
If the committee took the names off the jerseys and went off blind resumes, do you think Bama would be 2nd? Not a chance in hell. They could be the best team for all I know, but they don't have the #2 resume. I would argue not even top 4.

Yeah, yeah, they pass the "eye test." Everyone thought they were the best team last year too until Ohio State rolled them up. That's why resume needs to supersede eye test.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

schmick wrote: The refs had as much to do with that loss as the huskers.
I agree. The winning TD should not have counted and I've yet to hear a legitimate explanation of why it did.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That call sucked, but MSU choked that game away by playing conservatively and deserved to lose.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

If Houston beats Navy today and take care of Temple next week in the CCG, do they get in over Toledo?
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)