Black Student Group Demands - University of Missouri

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Black Student Group Demands - University of Missouri

Post by Mikey »

They should demand better remedial English courses.

Also, I wonder what your then future wife's roommate thought of the nuclear family. It is nuclear, after all.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I can't wait to hear/see what Al Sharpton and The Daily Kos have to say about this, not to mention Rachel Maddow.

It will have to wait until I get off this pesky thing called "work", but I suppose I will be at Arrowhead on Saturday.

:popcorn:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this event. What caused the shvoogies to go all meshugenah in the first place?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

What a pile of gutless bitches.
Last edited by mvscal on Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Recalling the days of campus shut downs in the 60's. College administrators w/o backbones set the tone once again. Is this a state taxpayer funded university? If so, where are the folks who pay for all this happy horse shit?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

88 wrote:Most people I have heard weigh in on the subject are amazed that the university president resigned. I'm not. He had no choice. The sackless board of trustees would have canned his ass before the day's end.
Give the "activists" credit for good timing. You can't and don't cancel or forfeit a game scheduled at Arrowhead... unless you are willing to file for bankruptcy and alienate/lose half of your fan base in one fell swoop.

Were that to happen, we might as well be Jayhawks.

So, this game with BYU has just turned into something a lot more meaningful than the result on the scoreboard. Some may not know it but the KC area has a huge Mormon contingent, probably the only reason they agreed to play here in the first place.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Well, it is Missouri. Those necks still revere William Quantrill.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

They built a docking station for a spaceship made of drywall?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:Well, it is Missouri. Those necks still revere William Quantrill.
Yes, we do. Burning Lawrence to the ground was and still is right proper.

Besides, Beakers still revere John Brown.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:I can't wait to hear/see what Al Sharpton and The Daily Kos have to say about this, not to mention Rachel Maddow.

It will have to wait until I get off this pesky thing called "work", but I suppose I will be at Arrowhead on Saturday.

:popcorn:
^^^^^^ is the problem.

If all the decent folk in your state stayed away in droves, the next time such bullshit happens, and you know damn well it will, the University Admin might grow a set of balls and stand up to the PC facist hordes.

I mean we are talking about fukking mizzou, here. It is not like you'd be missing much.

The proper response to this would have been an immediate revocation of scholarships to all boycotting football players. You are there, getting a free ride to play football. You have the right to boycott and the U has the right to revoke your scholarship.

This might result in their football program exploding for a few years, but, they would get passed it and more importantly, a message would be sent to the PC facist that we are getting tired of their bullshit. Instead, they have shown that they have the power and if you dont think this will be re-run on another campus soon, you are a special kind of retarded.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Who gives a fuck?

SEC's finest. :meds:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:the big group here is RLDS in Independence who split off from the Mormons
RLDS, Mormons... whatever. Same difference as Presbyterians and Episcopalians, I reckon.

Have you seen the new temple they built off Shoal Creek Drive & I-435?

Very impressive structure but I couldn't tell you which Joseph Smith sect built it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Upon further review, Mormons built it. The pic here doesn't do it justice.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Sorry, I'm not familiar with this event. What caused the shvoogies to go all meshugenah in the first place?
Somebody drew a swastika with poop in a bathroom!!!

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I haven't seen anything to suggest that the shit swastika was drawn by a white. Tawana Brawley, anyone? Who knows? Maybe it was drawn by a coprophagic Hindu looking for a bit of good luck on an upcoming exam. And seeing how much Mizzou sucks in football, the university prez should have just said, "Screw you, guys. Our football season is officially over as of now."
Cock o' the walk, baby!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

KC Scott wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Image

Upon further review, Mormons built it. The pic here doesn't do it justice.
I've seen - drive by on way to or From KCI every week

Didn't know the mormans built it - maybe thats why BYU is here
BYU played UConn a few weeks back, so, it sounds to me more like they are just on hard times. I think Ct has about 4 mormons.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:I've seen - drive by on way to or From KCI every week

Didn't know the mormans built it - maybe thats why BYU is here
I drive by it every week day to and from work. It's such a fucking bad ass fortress cockaholics deck has penis envy. Probably not by coincidence, it's right next door the KCMO police academy. Yes, BYU will drive right by there too. Probably drop some coin, or take, as the case may be.

It's like the Mormons saw the RLDS whimsical structure and said fuck that noise, we're building a veritable Fort Knox up the road.

This structure will withstand an F5... and BYU will probably kick the ever living dogshit out of Mizzou in my own backyard.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Rooster wrote:I haven't seen anything to suggest that the shit swastika was drawn by a white.
So the campus PD refused your request to check the feces for cornbread?
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

88 wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:There also is some PC bullshit going on at Yale now, about Halloween costumes I think.
Holy shit. I just read about that one. Amazing. For those unaware, read this:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... le/414810/

The person screaming in the video has been outed (by The Daily Caller) as Jerelyn Luther, a very privileged person of color.

So sad what is happening these days.
I heard about this same crap on the morning drive. I didn't read your post, but I did hear the audio clip. WTF.

I had a similar conversation a few weeks back, granted much more dialed down and less vitriol, but it came down down to me telling my 26 year old niece still living with my sis-n-law, "Grow the Fuck Up, Life is not fair - it will actually fuck you in the ass if you give it the opportunity - respect is something earned, not given out like a fricking participation medal."
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

R-Jack wrote:
Rooster wrote:I haven't seen anything to suggest that the shit swastika was drawn by a white.
So the campus PD refused your request to check the feces for cornbread?
Back in the day I positioned myself on the hood of a car and shat on the front windshield of a car. Came out beautiful, like a large cinnamon roll. The formation was perfect for several minutes, perched in-line with the rear view mirror, until the heat of the feces overcame the chill from the early morning and it slid, initially trying to hold tight, but then letting go the final grasp to glide in solid formation only to be stopped by the windshield wipers. A damaged mound of human excrement, in the form of a disfigured bakery treat meshed with the windshield wipers looking up at the particles of skid longing to be rejoined, was left behind from the deliverer only to be found by one other in this world.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:We never wanted them.
We, meaning the fans, didn't want you either. The SEC can go fuck itself and so can you.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Well, it is Missouri. Those necks still revere William Quantrill.
Yes, we do. Burning Lawrence to the ground was and still is right proper.
If you've ever known someone who had their town burned to the ground, you wouldn't think this was so funny.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

University of Missouri Police Ask Students to Report ‘Hurtful Speech’

The Missouri University Police Department (MUPD) sent an email to students Tuesday morning urging them to call them and report any hurtful speech they encounter on the campus.

In an email that was flagged by several Missouri-based journalists, the MUPD asked “individuals who witness incidents of hateful and/or hurtful speech or actions” to call the department’s general phone line “to continue to ensure that the University of Missouri campus remains safe.” They suggest that students provide a detailed description of the offender, their location or license plate number, and even to take a picture if possible.

In the email, MUPD readily admits that hurtful or hateful speech is not against the law. But, they write, “if the individuals identified are students, MU’s Office of Student Conduct can take disciplinary action.”

In a statement to Mediaite, the MUPD confirmed that the email was real. When asked about the potential First Amendment implications, a spokesman responded simply, “We are simply asking them to report what they feel is hurtful and/or hateful speech.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/universi ... ul-speech/
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a bunch of sopping cunts.

SEC!! SEC!! SEC!!
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:Apparently, while I was typing this ^^^^, the university president resigned.

https://twitter.com/MizzouLBC/status/663753459796086784
Good for him. He he wasn't a situationally blind dumbfuck he could have avoided the whole mess.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:There also is some PC bullshit going on at Yale now, about Halloween costumes I think.
Holy shit. I just read about that one. Amazing. For those unaware, read this:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... le/414810/

The person screaming in the video has been outed (by The Daily Caller) as Jerelyn Luther, a very privileged person of color.

So sad what is happening these days.
She should be called out for talking around the issue and sounding like an idiot.
Its not ok for preppy white boys to dress up as a tree with black people hanging from your limbs. Its is ok to dress up as superman. Lot of gray area in the middle that she can bitch about but thats not what she did was it?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Stick to purseswinging faggot, cause you suck at this thinking thing.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Yea I read it and then I posted on this board about what I read. She's a stupid cunt and should be called a stupid cunt. Death threats are illegal so they are out but most of the rest she had coming base on her idiocy alone.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I have a costume. Its me as Adam 5 secs after God made me. You down with that?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

KC Scott wrote: How could he ever expect to get a 4 star kid when Mizzou is now labeled a racist institution? - Answer: he couldn't
When was Pinkel ever getting four star kids? Honestly before this I was amazed he was still coaching Missouri, I thought he got canned years ago.

Soft bigotry of low expectations at Mizzou, I guess. Sucks to be you guys.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Moving Sale wrote:I have a costume. Its me as Adam 5 secs after God made me. You down with that?
So God made Adam as a bald and fat midget who craves black cock?

Who knew?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: I'm cool with whatever you choose to wear.
Yea right. You are ok with people walking around naked or whatever strange shit they want to do in pibloc and call it a costume. Your take is shit.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

88 wrote:
Email that set off the Yale protests wrote:'I don't wish to trivialize genuine concerns about cultural and personal representation.

'I know that many decent people have proposed guidelines on Halloween costumes from a spirit of avoiding hurt and offense. I laud those goals, in theory, as most of us do.

But in practice, I wonder if we should reflect more transparently, as a community, on the consequences of an institutional (which is to say: bureaucratic and administrative) exercise of implied control over college students.

'I don't, actually, trust myself to foist my Halloweenish standards and motives on others. I can't defend them anymore than you could defend yours.

Is there no room anymore for a child or young person to be a little bit obnoxious … a little bit inappropriate or provocative or, yes, offensive? American universities were once a safe space not only for maturation but also for a certain regressive, or even transgressive, experience; increasingly, it seems, they have become places of censure and prohibition.

'Nicholas says, if you don't like a costume someone is wearing, look away, or tell them you are offended. Talk to each other. Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.'
Letter signed by 740 members of Yale's students, faculty and staff in response to the email wrote:In anticipation of the Halloween weekend soon to arrive at Yale, an email was sent out by Dean Burgwell Howard and the Intercultural Affairs Committee in which they implored the Yale body to “avoid those circumstances that threaten our sense of community or disrespects, alienates or ridicules segments of our population based on race, nationality, religious belief or gender expression.” The email also encouraged Yale students to “take the time to consider their costumes and the impact it may have.”

What was simply a request from Yale’s Intercultural Affairs Committee for students to reconsider culturally insensitive costumes was met with criticism when an email was sent out to the students of Silliman College by the Associate Master, Erika Christakis. She wrote her email, as she says, in response to “students who were frustrated by the mass email sent to the student body about appropriate Halloween-wear.”

Associate Master Erika Christakis,

In your email, you defend the right to wear racist or marginalizing costumes as free speech and accuse the Intercultural Affairs Committee of imposing bureaucratic restrictions on the student body. You deem the call for sensitivity “censure” — one which you say comes “from above”, not from the students, as if the repeated requests of many students of color do not count. To equate a suggestion of the IAC, a committee created to challenge bias and promote cultural awareness, respect, and appreciation on campus, with an “institutional exercise of implied control over college students” further erases the voices of the students they stand to protect.

The contents of your email were jarring and disheartening. Your email equates old traditions of using harmful stereotypes and tropes to further degrade marginalized people, to preschoolers playing make believe. This both trivializes the harm done by these tropes and infantilizes the student body to which the request was made. You fail to distinguish the difference between cosplaying fictional characters and misrepresenting actual groups of people. In your email, you ask students to “look away” if costumes are offensive, as if the degradation of our cultures and people, and the violence that grows out of it is something that we can ignore. We were told to meet the offensive parties head on, without suggesting any modes or means to facilitate these discussions to promote understanding. Giving “room” for students to be “obnoxious” or “offensive”, as you suggest, is only inviting ridicule and violence onto ourselves and our communities, and ultimately comes at the expense of room in which marginalized students can feel safe.

These discussions are not new, and have been happening nationally. To ask marginalized students to throw away their enjoyment of a holiday, in order to expend emotional, mental, and physical energy to explain why something is offensive, is — offensive. In the age of the internet, resources can easily be found to explain the history and consequences of these actions. The role of marginalized people on campus is not, and should not be, to constantly educate our peers if they ignore the many opportunities offered — like the one provided by the Intercultural Affairs Committee’s email — to self-explore and learn.

After receiving responses from students and alumni through both social media and email, you responded to critics of your email with a link to the Atlantic Magazine article, “The Coddling of the American Mind.” Not only are you calling our calls to be respected as human beings and not costumes, coddling, but you use an article that doesn’t consider the fact that marginalized people largely do not have the protected upbringings the authors describe. We are not asking to be coddled. The real coddling is telling the privileged majority on campus that they do not have to engage with the brutal pasts that are a part of the costumes they seek to wear. We, however, simply ask that our existences not be invalidated on campus. This is us asking for basic respect of our cultures and our livelihoods.

To be a student of color on Yale’s campus is to exist in a space that was not created for you. From the Eurocentric courses, to the lack of diversity in the faculty, to the names of slave owners and traders that adorn most of the buildings on campus — all are reminders that Yale’s history is one of exclusion. An exclusion that was based on the same stereotypes and incorrect beliefs that students now seek to wear as costumes. Stereotypes that many students still face to this day when navigating the university. The purpose of blackface, yellowface, and practices like these were meant to alienate, denigrate, and to portray people of color as something inferior and unwelcome in society. To see that replicated on college campuses only reinforces the idea that this is a space in which we do not belong.

Sincerely,

Concerned Yale Students, Alumni, Family, Faculty, and Staff
I really do believe it is time to stand the PC facist against a wall and shoot them. This shit is really getting old.

You know what is really fukked up about it, I would bet that these PC Nazis would have a good chuckle, as they should, at the old college halloween costume stand by, the pregnant nun.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:
88 wrote: I'm cool with whatever you choose to wear.
Yea right. You are ok with people walking around naked or whatever strange shit they want to do in pibloc and call it a costume. Your take is shit.
What are you shitting the bed about now? Nudity has long been a means of expression. Read about the Doukhobors. I don't give a shit what you wear on Halloween.
Which is why you are not a school administrator. There are some costumes that can't be allowed on campus. You can bitch about there not being a "list" but there is a "list" and always has been. That's all the stupid cunt had to say. But go ahead and double down on your shit take.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

88 wrote: WTF? Is this communist Vietnam?), and then gets your ass in a sling when you do not do exactly what they say. This is the PC Mafia. He was knee-capped.
err.. political correctness was borne out of identity politics - which took hold amongst the western 'left' in the 60's and 70's. Specifically a rejection of communism, it's egotism and anti-social. It's safe to say that if this went on in a socialist republic, the little dears would be re-educated severley.

Don't unload these dorks on us :brad:
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

So the out of touch whiteys lost their job.

Meanwhile..........someone with hate in their heart and a turd in their hand roams free.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

So from your first point,.
I drew the conclusion that most activists, at least the ones going crazy in public, are far more interested in the going crazy in public part of activism than the substance of the issues they oppose or wish to advance.
I'd add depth of knowledge to substance. This is your own mess, you clean it up.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

And if I held a Libertarian convention, it would probably resemble something out of Comicon. Fifty different groups, each with their own fanbase neither agreeing or disagreeing on anything. They all come from a chain of ideas and formulated their own version for better or worse. If they have merit they'll stand and if not - it'll get relegated to soap opera antics from stupid kids.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

This action should scare the hell out of every college and Univ admin out there. That someone who was never labeled as a racist can be made to resign over others actions is amazing. This fear will lead to more PC bullshit and thought restriction.

It is also sad that these ultra liberals can't see the forest for the trees. They are lining up along side Hitler with their similar views on restricting speech and thought.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale wrote:There are some costumes that can't be allowed on campus.
Oh? Why is that?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dr_Phibes wrote:And if I held a Libertarian convention, it would probably resemble something out of Comicon. Fifty different groups, each with their own fanbase neither agreeing or disagreeing on anything. They all come from a chain of ideas and formulated their own version for better or worse. If they have merit they'll stand and if not - it'll get relegated to soap opera antics from stupid kids.
Why do you hate the Democratic presidential platform?