The issue you will never resolve

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

The issue you will never resolve

Post by poptart »

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Genesis 1:1-3
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

The liar, deceiver and murderer was here before you.
He manifest in the garden and deceived Adam into believing he could ignore God's Word and it would be fine.
We can live without God, he said.

It was a lie, and the result was all manner of affliction -- see Genesis 3:16-20.
The very ground is cursed.
YOU are cursed, because you also have left God's Word and have followed the words of the liar.
Romans 3:23.
Ephesians 2:2.

Your issues and afflictions will not be resolved.
They will increase despite your struggles, resolutions, decisions, ideology, or anything else.
You better know this, and no other book is going to tell you this truth.
I am telling you the truth.

God immediately promised us the Christ would come for us -- and bring us back to God. Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 7:14.
The Old Testament tells about how Christ will come.
The New Testament testifies to His coming and fulfilling all that was promised.

John 5:24
He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: The issue you will never resolve

Post by poptart »

Is there a question?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Revelation 8:7
The first angel blew his trumpet, and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, and these were thrown upon the earth. And a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.

Think Chamber's Bay.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

If one more person whines about Chambers Bay....

I swear that any day now that someone will be complaining about the whole where they had to shoot through the windmill.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diego in Seattle wrote:If one more person whines about Chambers Bay....
There are valid criticisms of what the USGA did to that course.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:Matthew 6:1

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness charitable giving in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
FTFY
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
Excellent verse to bring up Jsc but I think you missed the mark directing this at Poptart. Jesus was running smack at the Sadducees and Pharisees for putting on a show to be all pious and religious in public while behind the scenes they were a bunch of hypocritical weasels, which is all too common today.

I do not see Poptart in this light, I feel he is genuine in his belief and has the sack to be much more forward with his faith and following Jesus's commandments than most of us that profess to be Christians (Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8).

If guilty of anything on this board it might be,

Matthew 7:6
Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast you your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

atmdad wrote:

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
I think you missed the mark...
I don't. Cherry picking is his favorite method of intellectual dishonesty.
2"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 3"But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
Or maybe he just really is that stupid.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

The issue I'll never resolve.....

My burning desire to throw my boss through a plate glass window every time she says "it's not a race....it's a marathon"
She's done it multiple times, but every time it's at a podium in these large meeting, where I have wage a holy war internally to not scream out "a marathon is a race you stupid cunt!"

Is that what we were talking about?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Don't sweat it. It's just spilled milk under the bridge.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

I think you ability to restrain your fleshly desire to maim your hackneyed boss puts you on the right path.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

R-Jack wrote: The issue I'll never resolve.....

My burning desire to throw my boss through a plate glass window every time she says "it's not a race....it's a marathon"
Next time, ask her who her cell service provider is.
"I see everything twice!"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

poptart wrote:[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:Is there a question?
For a Christian, scripture in the Holy Bible is a lot like a buffet. They just want to pick out all the things they like and ignore the things they don't like.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

For a Christian, scripture in the Holy Bible is a lot like a buffet. They just want to pick out all the things they like and ignore the things they don't like.

And? You realize there are a lot of things in the Bible, especially comparing old and new parts that seem quite contradictory. Hope you don't lose sleep over it all.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Wolfman wrote:You realize there are a lot of things in the Bible, especially comparing old and new parts that seem quite contradictory. Hope you don't lose sleep over it all.
Why would I lose sleep over your conundrums? You're the one who believes in that goofy shit.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mgo wrote:For a Christian, scripture in the Holy Bible is a lot like a buffet. They just want to pick out all the things they like and ignore the things they don't like.
This doesn't apply to me.
All of it is God's Word.

I've always been happy to answer any question or talk about any Scripture anyone wants to ask about.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Do you throw a pinch of salt in with your offering? No? Do you even offer grain?
Leviticus 2:13
'Every grain offering of yours, moreover, you shall season with salt, so that the salt of the covenant of your God shall not be lacking from your grain offering; with all your offerings you shall offer salt.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:Do you throw a pinch of salt in with your offering? No? Do you even offer grain?
'Every grain offering of yours, moreover, you shall season with salt, so that the salt of the covenant of your God shall not be lacking from your grain offering; with all your offerings you shall offer salt.
Maybe you should try asking a Jew, you fucking idiot.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:Do you throw a pinch of salt in with your offering? No? Do you even offer grain?
Maybe you should try asking a Jew, you fucking idiot.
He did say all scripture was fair game.

Idiot

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

88 wrote:
poptart wrote:I've always been happy to answer any question or talk about any Scripture anyone wants to ask about.
Do you use Lysol and disinfectants, or do you follow scripture when mold appears in your casa?
Leviticus 14:33-53 - KJ Version wrote:33And the LORD spoke to Moses and to Aaron, saying,

34When you be come into the land of Canaan, which I give to you for a possession, and I put the plague of leprosy in a house of the land of your possession; 35And he that ownes the house shall come and tell the priest, saying, It seems to me there is as it were a plague in the house: 36Then the priest shall command that they empty the house, before the priest go into it to see the plague, that all that is in the house be not made unclean: and afterward the priest shall go in to see the house: 37And he shall look on the plague, and, behold, if the plague be in the walls of the house with hollow strakes, greenish or reddish, which in sight are lower than the wall; 38Then the priest shall go out of the house to the door of the house, and shut up the house seven days: 39And the priest shall come again the seventh day, and shall look: and, behold, if the plague be spread in the walls of the house; 40Then the priest shall command that they take away the stones in which the plague is, and they shall cast them into an unclean place without the city: 41And he shall cause the house to be scraped within round about, and they shall pour out the dust that they scrape off without the city into an unclean place: 42And they shall take other stones, and put them in the place of those stones; and he shall take other mortar, and shall plaster the house.

43And if the plague come again, and break out in the house, after that he has taken away the stones, and after he has scraped the house, and after it is plastered; 44Then the priest shall come and look, and, behold, if the plague be spread in the house, it is a fretting leprosy in the house; it is unclean. 45And he shall break down the house, the stones of it, and the timber thereof, and all the mortar of the house; and he shall carry them forth out of the city into an unclean place. 46Moreover he that goes into the house all the while that it is shut up shall be unclean until the even. 47And he that lies in the house shall wash his clothes; and he that eats in the house shall wash his clothes.

48And if the priest shall come in, and look on it, and, behold, the plague has not spread in the house, after the house was plastered: then the priest shall pronounce the house clean, because the plague is healed. 49And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop: 50And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water: 51And he shall take the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird, and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times: 52And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the running water, and with the living bird, and with the cedar wood, and with the hyssop, and with the scarlet: 53But he shall let go the living bird out of the city into the open fields, and make an atonement for the house: and it shall be clean.
Not sure what is hard to understand here, looks like some OT General Contractor skills.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing
After having a stroke that temporarily paralyzed the entire left side of my body, that instruction is all too easy to follow.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I was an asshole way before the stroke, 'spayed.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:Maybe you should try asking a Jew, you fucking idiot.
88 and BSmack, mvscal (not a Christian) knows the answer.

To be honest with you, this is a very simple and basic concept.

Jesus came, He is the promised Christ, He finished everything (John 19:30) and He is the complete fulfillment of the Old Testament.
Christians are not bound by the OT Law and have no requirement to follow it.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

John 5:39 (Jesus speaking to the Jews)
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

There are many many other parts of Scripture which talk about this.

Again, it is a basic and simple concept.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:Have you regained use of your left side, Wags?
pretty much, thanks for asking.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

I'm with you guys!

PS - High? Why, yes!
What were we just talking about?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:For a Christian, scripture in the Holy Bible is a lot like a buffet. They just want to pick out all the things they like and ignore the things they don't like.
This is true to an extent. But, you're only seeing it from the outside since I gather you're not a Christian. See, I am a Christian and there is scripture that is very easy to read and get down with because it makes you feel good and it also makes you want to be kind and give love to others. The part you're talking about is the nitty-gritty details of being a 100% perfect Christian. It's a constant struggle for a lot of Christians...myself included.

This book I read a couple years ago called Not a Fan really challenges you in this area and at first its easy to follow Jesus and get on board with the message the author is sending but sustaining that type of Christian discipline is very difficult. I am constantly finding myself falling back into cynicism, trash talk, criticism and unfair judgement of others. I always go back to the scripture to get back on path, but it's a daily struggle.

Jesus' popularity and his miracles were spreading throughout the villages on his way to Jerusalem and a crowd started to form and follow him to wait and see what amazing thing he was going to do next. Imagine if you started to become this popular person and people started to follow you on FB and Twitter and you were the shit and in midst of all this momentum of out-crying support you just posted, "To all my fans. Get fucked." That's basically what Jesus did because they were not true followers of his message.

Luke 9:23-27

Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Jsc810 wrote:Blah blah blah oh those rules don't apply now or you have to interpret them in a certain way blah blah blah.
:?

Would that be a comment on poptart's Bible, or your personal take on the Constitution? Irony much, Counselor?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Tru, where the heck have you been? :?

Post more and read more, bud!

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

Religion was created by Man not God
It has been used as justification thoughout the millennia
as a reason to subjugate women,
declare wars and kill, destroy or oppress anything or anyone
that doesn't go along with whatever interpretation of their
Bible, Koran, book of Mormon etc etc that whoever is the current head of their religion decides

God is an alien and we are his fucked up science project, he got a D-
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Missjo, I very much agree with you that man made religion.
I would say to you (and others) that Jesus Christ, and his resurrection, was made by God -- and that is why we should pay attention to it.

I will post something, just for your consideration -- if you want to consider.

-------

People wrote hundreds of years before Jesus Christ was born, and made "forecasts" about the specific family line that the Messiah would come through.

- Moses "predicted" the Messiah would be of the seed of the woman (Genesis 3:15).
The virgin birth.

- Moses predicted which of Noah's three sons the Messiah would come from. Shem (Genesis 9:26,27).
2/3 of humanity was eliminated.

- Moses predicted the Messiah would come from Abraham. (Genesis 12:1-3)

- Abraham had two sons, and Moses predicted which son the Messiah would come from. Isaac. (Genesis 26:3,4)

- Isaac had two sons and Moses predicted which son the Messiah would come from. Jacob. (Genesis 35:11,12)

- Jacob has 12 sons, and yet Moses predicted which son the Messiah would come from. Judah (Genesis 49:10)

- There were many family lines in the tribe of Judah, yet Isaiah predicted which one would produce the Messiah. Jesse. (Isaiah 11:1)

- Jesse had at least eight sons, yet Jeremiah predicted the Messiah would come through David. (Jeremiah 23:5)

- The Messiah's birth city (Bethlehem) was also predicted by Micah. (Micah 5:2)

- Daniel predicted that the Messiah would come before the city of Jerusalem, and it's temple, would be destroyed. (Daniel 9:26)

-------

Jesus came exactly in this very narrow path, at the said location, and at the appropriate time that these multiple "forecasters" predicted.
The odds that this is a coincidence?

This alone is a very eye-opening thing, and the fulfillment of these "forecasts" came with no human manipulation at all.
It is what it is.

Now there are hundreds of other "forecasts" which Jesus fulfilled, and many many other reasons why He is the promised Christ, but I just wanted to note this one aspect for your consideration.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

missjo wrote:Religion was created by Man not God
It has been used as justification thoughout the millennia
as a reason to subjugate women,
declare wars and kill, destroy or oppress anything or anyone
that doesn't go along with whatever interpretation of their
Bible, Koran, book of Mormon etc etc that whoever is the current head of their religion decides

God is an alien and we are his fucked up science project, he got a D-

BUT BUT BUT Christians are under attack (following gay marriage rule)! They're about to be oppressed! They're about to be discriminated against!

Sincerely,

Fucking idiots
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:- Moses predicted which of Noah's three sons the Messiah would come from. Shemp (Genesis 9:26,27).
FTFY

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown