Connect your phone, Ipad/Ipod etc to your analog reciever

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Connect your phone, Ipad/Ipod etc to your analog reciever

Post by Joe in PB »

I recently purchased a HomeSpot Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System.

Now I can play music from my Samsung Note 2 on my old school analog home stereo system, it has a TEAC 100w RMS per channel receiver connected to Bose 601s. Pretty nice since I added a 64 GB memory chip to the phone which can hold my entire music collection, making any of it available to play at the push of a button, including shuffle. Thought I'd pass the word in case some haven't heard of such a device, I know this should probably go in the Tech forum, but I figured most who might be interested are here. It's compatible with Ipod, Droids, Ipads, etc.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Connect your phone, Ipad/Ipod etc to your analog recieve

Post by Dinsdale »

Uhm... you know that the cable on the right in your pic is the only thing actually required to play the MP3s through your stereo, right?

It wouldn't do anything wirelessly, like all the cool other stuff does, but it would play.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Been there done that. Unfortunately the level is too low out of the phone to work. The Bluetooth amplifies also. My Amp/Rec is old, but has a lot more power than the new wireless speaker stuff.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

One day, when I get my own washer/dryer, I will also own a old-school component style stereo.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I have a locally made rack-mount amp, connected to a set of 1980's Polks, run by an old NAD preamp.

And I rarely turn the thing on (probably been a few years).

Great sound, though.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

One thing I noticed is every now & then the stereo would break up. Then i realized I have a lot of wireless stuff, Wi-Fi, wireless phone, satellite dish remote, wireless thermometer/hygrometers for my cigar humidors w/ remote read out which was sitting next to my phone. I laid the phone up against the Bluetooth adapter in my stereo cabinet and since all has been well. Lots of stuff going on at the Lazy Boy command console, lol.
Last edited by Joe in PB on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Dinsdale wrote:I have a locally made rack-mount amp, connected to a set of 1980's Polks, run by an old NAD preamp.

And I rarely turn the thing on (probably been a few years).

Great sound, though.
Time to fire it up, you'll be glad you did. There were times when I didn't seem to have much time to listen to music. I refer to those days as the dark ages.