Not a huge shock: Hoke fired

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

Not a huge shock: Hoke fired

Post by Shoalzie »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... head-coach

Hate having to see this process start over again but it to happen. Curious to see what happens with the rest of the staff.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: Not a huge shock: Hoke fired

Post by WolverineSteve »

Harbaugh may still have interest, he can't say so because he's in the middle of a season. Since everyone knows he's done in SF and he would have no desire to coach in Oakland, or NY, or wherever Oakland moves, he will be a free man. Michigan can pay as much as the NFL, why wouldn't he be interested in the very least to maintain leverage while negotiating. I still doubt very much that he ends up at UM, but saying so now would only hurt his marketability. Word is, Miles wants the job and if offered would jump at it. His name is still mud with some of the old guard so I don't think that's going to happen either. I don't really know who the candidates would be after that.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Would you guys give RichRod another shot?

He seems to have done well everywhere he's coached minus one job.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'd bet on Miles over Harbaugh...have doubts he wants to go back to college but if he would, he'd coach Michigan before another program. Hackett needs to make a strong hire and not just take the best available Bo disciple but Miles and Harbaugh would be the biggest names with Michigan ties. I think most would be comfortable with either guy if they stayed with the "Michigan man" model. I feel like Miles would stay there longer if given the job. Harbaugh seems like he'll either burn out after a few years or what another challenge down the road or just piss a lot of people off and bolt kinda like what's happening with the 49ers.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oh come on, Chip. We could use his clock management hijinks for some comic relief in the B1G.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Don't get me wrong...I'd like to see them think outside the box with this next hire and not just stick to the old hat "Michigan man" mantra. Miles and Harbaugh have ties and have the appealing resume that would satisfy the fanbase...I'd approve of either guy. Hoke was a gamble and it didn't work.

You look at other "brand programs" like Alabama and Notre Dame...they aren't worried about where a guy came from. You get the right guy for the job. If they were concerned about a coach being a good "Michigan man"...Hoke ate that persona up and he was well liked by his players. The fact they've become the "other team" in their main rivalries...that's what should burn up fans, not where did the coach come from.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:I'd bet on Miles over Harbaugh...
Good god, man! Don't let Screwy read this! He told me I was an idiot a couple weeks ago when I suggested Miles might be ready to head home to UM.
You're still an idiot. Why would Miles want anything to do with a shit program like scUM?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
Good god, man! Don't let Screwy read this! He told me I was an idiot a couple weeks ago when I suggested Miles might be ready to head home to UM.
You're still an idiot. Why would Miles want anything to do with a shit program like scUM?

Why does any coach take any job? Those guys are all driven by different things.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mike Gundy to Ann Arbor . . . just a weird feeling about it.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
I've actually flipped my opinion on this. It sounds like Michigan is the one without interest, not Miles. Everything I've read/heard suggests Miles would take it if offered.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Same here. I think him banging Gary Moeller's wife and spreading the rumor about Lloyd Carr having Parkinson's Disease make him persona non grata in Ann Arbor.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK