Bye-bye to Bo Bo

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Bye-bye to Bo Bo

Post by FLW Buckeye »

ESPN just reporting that Nebraska fired Bo...

Neb fan in here have been calling for his head for awhile.

Comments?
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
mvscal
Blank

Re: Bye-bye to Bo Bo

Post by mvscal »

Troll on, moron. Tell us more about things you know absolutely nothing about. It's very amusing.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Jsc810 wrote:Damn, didn't Nebraska win yesterday? And dude gets fired today? Wow.
They didn't play.
That's a mistake to fire him methinks.
I agree, unless they think they've got some home run hire in the bag. But if they are firing a guy who consistently wins 9 games a year to take a flyer on an up-and-comer, I think that would be a mistake...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I read somewhere that the only other coach to win 9+ games for the past seven seasons is Saban. I'm sure candidates will be lining up to take this job. :meds:
"Keys, woman!"
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Damn, didn't Nebraska win yesterday? And dude gets fired today? Wow.
They didn't play.
They played Friday.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:I'm sure candidates will be lining up to take this job. :meds:
With Florida and (almost certainly) Michigan opening up, it's going to be tough. Money won't be an object, though, and the team really isn't that bad. We'll see.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I have a hunch that Scott Frost's phone is going to ring soon, and Oregon will be looking for a new OC.

Certainly not a proven commodity, but he's 22-3 as an OC.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Dinsdale wrote:I have a hunch that Scott Frost's phone is going to ring soon, and Oregon will be looking for a new OC.

Certainly not a proven commodity, but he's 22-3 as an OC.
I was already thinking that.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Actually everything you said was not only inaccurate, it was appallingly stupid. That seems to be your specialty.

A. Money. Nebraska is one of the wealthiest programs in the nation. Period. Full stop. They dwarf USC in revenue. They have better facilities. They have a better stadium. They have better fans. They have a 90K seat stadium that has sold out every game since 1962.

B. Weather. Yes, they have it in Nebraska. Who gives a fuck? It isn't Buffalo or even Chicago for that matter. It's only a big deal to pussies like you. I get it. Weather the only thing California has going for it, so that's all you've got to talk about. If weather was such a big deal, USC wouldn't suck shit through a straw. And, of course, Nebraska is the only team in the country that deals with cold weather in the winter, right? Great take, dumbfuck.

C. Recruiting. Not easy for anybody these days.

D. You know absolutely nothing about the state of Nebraska. I guess maybe you've heard the word before and think you know something about it. You don't. Keep talking, though. I'm sure you'll come up with a few more gems of pure imbecility.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Bo Pelini to Auburn as the new DC.

Me likey.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

schmick wrote:USC has a larger stadium, one that has hosted 2 Olympic games, superbowls, a world series.
Your Cocksheaths play in a stone age dump in the middle of a fucking ghetto in front of the most apathetic fan base in the country. I lived there for 25 years, so save your travel brochure bullshit for somebody who doesn't know any better, you fucking idiot.
Weather matters to any kid in High School football who is given a choice of where they want to go play college football at.

No, it doesn't. Unless they're pussies...you know, like you. What matters to any kid who wants to play college ball in playing time and opportunity. There far worse places to ball than Lincoln places such as USC for instance.
Nebraska has nothing to draw out of state elite players to that school
Really? Maybe you could break out a map of Nebraska and point out Ameer Abdullah's home town.

Whats to know, its flat, cold, in the middle of nowhere, has nothing for these kids to do outside of football
So you've been there before, right?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Wasn't the weather in Lincoln the same in 1995 as it is today? Or have kids only started caring about weather in the last 15 years? Do they even get time to enjoy the weather and landscape, anyway? D1 football players go through a constant grind.

I would say that every "blue blood" type of program, regardless of geographic location, is just one good coaching staff away from being nationally relevant. Look at Michigan, they still have the money and resources. They still recruit at a high level. But dumbfuck coaches have been their downfall.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

It's all a factor, sure, but coaching is still the biggest determinant of success and it's not even close. The next most important factor is way, way down the list.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

schmick wrote:25 years ago Expo Park was ghetto,
And it still is. The Colonsium is the shittiest venue in American sports.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

There are inherent advantages to being located in a warm weather state, I will give you that. But for every good warm weather program, there are about five more shitty ones. And there is so much HS talent these days, that gets spread across the country, that competent coaching is really what is ultimately the difference maker.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

mvscal wrote:Actually everything you said was not only inaccurate, it was appallingly stupid. That seems to be your specialty.

A. Money. Nebraska is one of the wealthiest programs in the nation. Period. Full stop. They dwarf USC in revenue. They have better facilities. They have a better stadium. They have better fans. They have a 90K seat stadium that has sold out every game since 1962.

B. Weather. Yes, they have it in Nebraska. Who gives a fuck? It isn't Buffalo or even Chicago for that matter. It's only a big deal to pussies like you. I get it. Weather the only thing California has going for it, so that's all you've got to talk about. If weather was such a big deal, USC wouldn't suck shit through a straw. And, of course, Nebraska is the only team in the country that deals with cold weather in the winter, right? Great take, dumbfuck.

C. Recruiting. Not easy for anybody these days.

D. You know absolutely nothing about the state of Nebraska. I guess maybe you've heard the word before and think you know something about it. You don't. Keep talking, though. I'm sure you'll come up with a few more gems of pure imbecility.
^^^^^
This is as accurate as you can get.
I might add, if a kid wants to go to the league, you better be ready for some cold weather..
Being a Packer fan.. I love it!..
Today Jim Nance tells me Aaron Rodgers told him..he likes the cold weather to throw the ball...And he does it very well..

Think Jim Tressal...? Scott Frost as his OC..?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Carson wrote:Bo Pelini to Auburn as the new DC.

Me likey.
My first thought as well. Y'all would be nuts to not give Bo a call.
OU had Bo, for a season, and we were glad he left. Have fun with that choice.

I've never seen a coach who was fired upward into promotions more than Bo Pellini. And then still continued to be praised afterward. People are lining up to give this guy the reigns again. Pellini is a prime example of why the world is all about who you know and not what you know.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:From LSU's site:

Pelini spent three years with the Tigers, establishing LSU as one of the nation’s top defenses during that time. In each of his three years with the Tigers, Pelini’s defenses ranked No. 3 in the nation in yards allowed. LSU also ranked No. 3 nationally in scoring in 2005 and No. 4 in 2006.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=175222
"Establishing" isn't the word they were looking for, since LSU was well-established as a defensive powerhouse by then.

Was it that Peleni did such a great job, or was it that LSU had such a strong culture of defense already in place, and the best talent from Louisiana seems to end up on the D side of the ball?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Dinsdale wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:From LSU's site:

Pelini spent three years with the Tigers, establishing LSU as one of the nation’s top defenses during that time. In each of his three years with the Tigers, Pelini’s defenses ranked No. 3 in the nation in yards allowed. LSU also ranked No. 3 nationally in scoring in 2005 and No. 4 in 2006.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=175222
"Establishing" isn't the word they were looking for, since LSU was well-established as a defensive powerhouse by then.

Was it that Peleni did such a great job, or was it that LSU had such a strong culture of defense already in place, and the best talent from Louisiana seems to end up on the D side of the ball?
All correct points . . . and go look at those schedules. The most potent offenses they faced over that period were mostly ground and pound with little air attack. They won the 2004 title game but the second half against OU was a track meet against a team minus its best Runningback and quarterback with a broken wrist.

One year and Norman . . . he was the first friend HCBS ever fired . . . after one season.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sam, with offenses headed where they are ion the college game, you don't want Bo Pellini. The game has passed him and guys like Mike Stoops by. If most teams were still running the I or pro style offenses then I'd be all over them. To tell the truth Bo and Mike and others of their generation and defensive mind set should set off and try their hand in the NFL; I think it would be surprisingly kinder to them.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Been gone a while. My wife and I decided to hit the reset button on our life and we had another kid, who is now 2 and 1/2, so my time has been sucked to the hilt this year. I really lost interest in the team and mainly Bo. I was tired of the losing in big games where you kept hoping for a win against an evenly matched team, but it usually ended with a blow-out loss.

Why this is good and long overdue:
- He hired friends to surround him, friends who were awful at implementing his vision, friends who were rookies at their positions (OC, DC, etc)
- His system is great IF you have all-american caliber talent at several key spots: LB, DT and FS. You don't have those guys and it's blowout city.
- Teams have figured out his tendencies and take advantage: see Wisky who ran the same plays over and over. Also see missing All-american LB to make TD saving tackles.
- Couldn't see the big picture. He knew something wasn't working but kept teaching the same system over and over.
- Outbursts on the sideline. These turn a teaching moment into a "Don't screw up" announcement to the whole team. It's no wonder they'd collapse after these tirades.
- Daring the AD to fire him last year.
- Caught on tape cursing all of the fans.
- Public incidents where he was removed from his kid's games for arguing with refs.
- Inability to develop defensive talent. Name the last lineman after Suh who was great, not good.

Why this is not a bad move:
- Yes, he had 9 wins each season. Name me a game that mattered that he won when NU was the favorite. Very few.
- Now try to recall a game where nationally they were mocked for embarrassing play. Two this year: MSU and Wisky.
- So many blowout losses in nationally televised games.
- Horrible record against ranked teams.
- Zero appearances in BCS bowls.

It's already been said before about the weather, the location, etc, which I'll admit are negatives, but some are missing the big picture. In 2003, when Solich was fired, our old AD had one coach in mind, who then got extended by the Dolphins, so he had to scramble. Combine that with the AD dept being short on funds and his hands were tied even more, so he royally f'd up that hire.

This time, they have funds (more than 20 million surplus). They'll make a hire to pay someone more. NU is in the top five of the all time winningest schools. If you're a coach who doesn't understand the high level of standard, then you're probably not up to the job. Bo flatlinned here after proclaiming the team was back in year 3. He went from bragging that his team could compete with anyone to just going back to "I've won 9 games every year". Yes, he won 9, but never lost less than 4 games (save this year). 9-4 every year is like getting an NIT invite instead of the NCAA in basketball. It's nice but it's hard to brag to recruits that the last time you won a conference championship was before they were in Kindergarten. I and a lot of people were really tired of being the joke of the day after another humiliating loss at the hands of a guy who looks like he's about to be committed for extreme anger management. I don't think NU will get back to the glory days run, but to at least compete for it every few years should be an expectation, not a 'nice to have'.

Some 'fans' on the radio here are concerned NU places too much on winning because we graduate so many players. Look if people want NU to be a charity case for not-good enough coaches and players to graduate in 4 years, then they should go independent, schedule all the service academies and have a nice singalong in the stadium when they're beating teams they should beat in a sloppy manner every week. It's not what got NU its wins in the past and it won't cut it today. Like it or not, this is a business and as soon as some NU fans get it through their heads and past their shrines to Tom Osborne the better.

One last thing about the weather. Most pro teams play in cold-weather cities. You want to play in the NFL? It helps to learn how to play in cold weather.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

At Large wrote: - Public incidents where he was removed from his kid's games for arguing with refs.
What a scumbag. Congrats on your family expansion, At Large.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Congrats At Large. Working on another myself.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Working on another myself.
Right this minute?!
About two and half hours ago technically.
Nebraska Pimpin' 4 Life
da OG POWAH PIMP

Post by Nebraska Pimpin' 4 Life »

yo if we hire dat bitch scott frost yo ima cansel my seson tickets yo. dat fool is a strait up bitch made pussy yo. i beat his ass back ina day. yall remembar dat shit yo?
Tha MASTER OF COLLAGE FOOTBALL SMACK™ is back in affect, beeotchez!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

schmick wrote:

Anything more than one is just being greedy
Well this just opens a pandoras box in my household. Does my one already count for her too? Does she get penalized her one because I already had mine?

We're trying for at least two before I'm 40 . . .
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

schmick wrote:1 per couple, if you really want one dont couple up with someone who already has one. If a couple wants 2 then they both should have one with other people, who didnt have any others, and when they couple up, each will have their one.
We need to trim the worlds population to 2 billion so we either Logans Run people and they die off at 45 or we stop having so many babies
I figure wiping out the middle east and much of central Asia could fix that instead.

I grew up on a ranch . . . if shit gets real down here on earth I know how to raise my own livestock and crops and I'm a better shot than most.

Over population in North America isn't the world's issue. It's overpopulation in areas that aren't suitable (such as yourself, got enough water?) and Asia. North America can feed and sustain itself. Fuck Asia and Africa, they can figure it the fuck out on their own . . .
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

schmick wrote:1 per couple, if you really want one dont couple up with someone who already has one. If a couple wants 2 then they both should have one with other people, who didnt have any others, and when they couple up, each will have their one.
We need to trim the worlds population to 2 billion so we either Logans Run people and they die off at 45 or we stop having so many babies
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Some should have had their limit set at 0.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim