SEC Argument 2014-15 Edition.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

SEC Argument 2014-15 Edition.

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: SEC Argument 2014-15 Edition.

Post by SunCoastSooner »

So on Monday aTm will be #7 in the nation and South Carolina will drop to like #13.

SEC! SEC! SEC!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

It's obvious what's going on here. When you combine Big 12 Air Raid No Huddle Offense with SEC Speeeeeeeeeeeed, you create an unstoppable offensive juggernaut. ATM and Mizzou are running roughshot (Sup Shoalzie) over these vaunted SEC defenses. I wonder if it will change the way the traditional powers in the SEC recruit.

Yeah, probly not. At the end of the day you still gotta stop somebody and Kevlin Sumlin has never given anyone any reason to think his teams can do that.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

In all fairness . . . Neither Misery or aTm, while not very good, were not at the level of dismal that CU had become.

But there are kernels of an argument there. aTm was certainly never this relevant before.
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Amazing handwringing...are Suncoast and Schmuck one in the same?
Go Bucs, Gators
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

schmick wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:In all fairness . . . Neither Misery or aTm, while not very good, we're not at the level of dismal that CU had become.

But there are kernels of an argument there. aTm was certainly never this relevant before.
Colorado was in the Big 12 a shorter period of time than either Misery or aTm and still won as many Big 12 titles as those two won combined

just sayin

that is an amazing point. Colorado was in the Big XII for exactly one less year than MU and ATM. ATM won the Big XII in 98 I think and CU in 2001. so, pretty relevant speculating. I still can't believe the Pac went for CU and took Utah to do it. CU hasn't been to a bowl game since 07. and were less than .500 that year.

everyone in the Big XII and Big 8 knows that Denver is a Bronco and pro sports town and region and not at all friendly to CU, really. weak media market for college football and population density, really. but the Pac ate it up and CU at it's lowest point of football success in 50 years.

this CU you are talking about is a decade + from making any arguments on your behalf.

as the non-title winning member of your trio of Big XII defectors....MU has won more games over the last ten years by a comfortable margin i'd wager.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Yeah, Missouri was the only one to have made any noise in years and even then it was through the weak north only to get whacked in conference title games.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Even their ball boys have SEC speeeeeeeeeed!

https://vine.co/v/OBeKFllF5zJ
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

schmick wrote: Colorado - 15 years in the big 12- 1 Big 12 championship
Misery and aTm- 32 years in the Big 12- 1 Big 12 championship
stats are stats
i'm going to edit this again. the pointlessness of how you are using this year total is basically mindblowing to me.

stats are stats

so, your point is even more banal and homerish than i thought....which is saying something.

as i said before.....Mizzou has been *by far* the best of the 3 programs for the last decade.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

and actually i do think Denver is more pro sports "crazy" than Seattle since the Seahawks were an expansion team on par with the Tampa Bay Bucs and Seattle lost it's NBA franchise to....wait for it.....Oklahoma City.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Florida State struggles to win a game against an opponent who in the last half decade has been to a BCS bowl and won, hasn't finished below third in their conference, and has been consistently ranked in the top 20 of the country. ESPN is pounding FSU as a questionable team.

Alabama struggles against a bottom feeder school from the SAME conference (West Virginia has never finished higher than 8th in the Big 12 since joining) but ESPN says they won going away.

Do these assholes even watch the games still?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Florida State struggles to win a game against an opponent who in the last half decade has been to a BCS bowl and won, hasn't finished below third in their conference, and has been consistently ranked in the top 20 of the country. ESPN is pounding FSU as a questionable team.

Alabama struggles against a bottom feeder school from the SAME conference (West Virginia has never finished higher than 8th in the Big 12 since joining) but ESPN says they won going away.

Do these assholes even watch the games still?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:La. Tech. :lol:
But at least you've got a tough one against Tulsa next week!
Good Luck against Kansas State. You're going to need it. What you run for an offense isn't a gimmick with a bunch of confused SEC defensive coordinators wondering why you're not running right at them like you're supposed to do. Your gimmick is our world out here in the Big 12 now.

Florida State isn't overrated and last night wasn't a bad game for them. The defending national champions played a good *puke* program *puke* who should probably be ranked. *puke* Not only that but they played a football program who lives in the world of their offense. FSU and Auburn play a bunch of teams who have to prepare for the spread two or three times a season tops. In the Big 12 and Pac 12 you see it almost every week.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:Serious question, SCS - how much B12 spuzzum do you have around your mouth right now? I've seen conference homers, but you & KC are taking the shit to extreme levels this year.
I actually don't think the Big 12 is very strong this year. OU and Baylor is going to decide the title. KSTATE and Oklahoma State are a little better than most will give them credit for but still a top heavy conference. Kansas and Iowa State are abysmal West Virginia and Texas Tech not much better. Texas will be improved but could they get any worse than they had the last few years? The Big 12 is pretty, meh. And unlike you I am big enough to admit it. The Big 12 being meh doesn't make the SEC any less meh.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Serious question, SCS - how much B12 spuzzum do you have around your mouth right now? I've seen conference homers, but you & KC are taking the shit to extreme levels this year.
I actually don't think the Big 12 is very strong this year. OU and Baylor is going to decide the title. KSTATE and Oklahoma State are a little better than most will give them credit for but still a top heavy conference. Kansas and Iowa State are abysmal West Virginia and Texas Tech not much better. Texas will be improved but could they get any worse than they had the last few years? The Big 12 is pretty, meh. And unlike you I am big enough to admit it. The Big 12 being meh doesn't make the SEC any less meh.
It's nice when you come out of your stroke-induced melts to produce something halfway rational.

Even though you don't realize it - you just described every conference in football. At first look, the SEC seems to be VERY top heavy so far. Auburn, Alabama, A&M, UGA and maybe LSU are on the top. Ole Miss has a chance to maybe squeak in there, but we know how that goes. Some say Tennessee is getting there, but I don't believe it - yet. Miss St. will suck. Kentucky always sucks, and this may be the worst team Vandy has had in years. SC apparently sucks dried out hose bags, and I don't think Mizzou is anywhere where they were at last year.

Same goes for the Pac12. Same goes for the B1G. Same goes for the Big 12. Same CERTAINLY goes for the ACC. Seems like I remember rating the Pac12 (maybe the B12 as well) over the SEC last year at various points, but you evidently don't ever look at things like that, so...

It's way too early to tell which conference is the best after one game... 'Sall.
It took you four days to come up with that retort?!?!?

I just described every conference in the country?

DO YOU FUCKING THINK THAT'S WHAT I DID? It took you going on four years to figure out that's EXACTLY what I was doing? Watch out boys, we got a rocket scientist here . . .
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:I don't read all of your posts instantly, m3. I don't read everybody's all at once. One thing I DO see - is that your melt switch is stuck in the "on" position. God damn, dude. You seriously need to chill out. You're getting too old to stay this angry... :shock:
Your weak shit is exatly that. You don't even serve a purpose on this board. You lend nothing of substance on any thread. Your cock jokes aren't even funny and haven't been in near a decade. You look around and wonder why it's a Mod damn dust bowl in here . . .

You suck and have no take. You're like your conference, living on hype, others accomplishments, and past accolades. Watching you post is like watching Emmit Smith . . . when he was with the Cardinals. You know the same two moves are coming and they're not as fresh as they once were.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Our last big 12 title was 2012. And we won Conference titles in 2010, 08, and '07.

Shit, you should remember two of them considering we took Misery to the wood shed in two of em.

For Fuck sake, in the 14 years since 2000 OU has won half the conference titles. Do you live that far under a rock that you don't even recall who won the conference your team plays in most years?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

KC Scott wrote:Shit Sunny doesn't understand:

1. His house isn't worth $2M :lol:
2. There is no invisible friend in the sky :lol: :lol:
3. IOU hasn't won a National Championship since 2000 :lol: :lol: :lol:
When was Missouri's last national title again?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

KC Scott wrote:Shit Sunny doesn't understand:

1. His house isn't worth $2M :lol:
2. There is no invisible friend in the sky :lol: :lol:
3. IOU hasn't won a National Championship since 2000 :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm going to be harsh at first but read through before your blood boils . . .

Lets address the invisible friend thing. Do you have me confused with poptart? I can't recall who it was (88, PSU, Killian? I'm not even sure who owns the board anymore . . . much less remember who did then) asked me to be a moderator on the theology forum because I'm not a Christian and have studied theology and religious history, and am open to different opinions concerning spiritual ideas. I was supposed to balance the moderation of the forum . . . you knew that right? That's the joke behind my sig lines. My very first posts in any of these family of message boards was Skull and Waz, and (Mo or Froz? Jesus, it's been like 18 years now, wow) getting me to come to them to fuck with LizardKing like I already did at another board and at our tailgates (miss those days).

2) Of any SECer on any message board in the universe, Misery fan is the last program who should ever pipe up to OU fan about wins or titles of ANY kind. OU spent over a century making you undoubtedly its bitch. Period. You need fingers, toes, and a friend to count how many trophies we have in the case since Missouri's last one and we were in the same conference.

By the way, Scott, I never said my house was a $2M home (you keep embellishing that story more and more each time you tell it), the home you're discussing sold for slightly under seven figures, which isn't exactly much for a home on the southern side of 98 in Miramar Beach.

You preaching to me about property values is just about hilarious. I've forgotten more about real estate valuation than you even have the first clue about. But feel free to go google what an MAI or an IFAC is. Between myself, my father, and my wife we hold 2 MAIs and an IFAC in a pear tree. The most laughable thing about you preaching about property valuation to me is that under USPAP Federal Regulations there's only thirteen people within a 150 miles of Destin who can legally tell anyone that the value of any property is even one red cent above $999,999.99. I'm one of them! The biggest rip off selling my home last year was having to pay an extra $1,500 on a shitty residential appraisal because the bank had to go all the way to Jacksonville (across the northern half of the damn state) to find someone qualified who I haven't had a personal or professional relationship in some capacity over the last seven years.

I couldn't run from this place if I tried. It would take a massive effort in my life by actually purging people in my real life to accomplish such. There's way too many people from these boards on my social media, way too many who have been on them for so long that they've made personal relationships with other people I know through my social media. That's just the start of it . . . I went to college with one of the posters on the board. Another poster on the board hasn't just met me but lived in the same damn community for years (he can verify much of what I will post and I've always appreciated him never saying anything on the boards about any of it) as I and we share the same damn friends, some of them my CLOSEST friends on the planet! The combination of our friends asking about Carson and me having spoken the same day to skull is what made me even think of this taco stand again in the first place.

Your blood boiling yet?

My posting sucked here for a number of years. No need to deny it. A lot of shit in my life I was doing I wasn't doing at full capacity for too long a time. I stopped posting about personal shit because my posting sucked and my posting was angry. A lot of people here already know this shit, because they know me in real life or they have followed me on social media for a number of years . . .

Everyone knows I went through a divorce and was diagnosed with cancer. After about six months being healthy again and really starting to actually be able to work again my father had been confirmed by congress for a promotion in the military that didn't occur because he was diagnosed with throat cancer himself. Because my father had spent part of his time in the active reserve he wasn't at full retirement when he was medically forced out (he did get his retirement at age and at his promotion grade though at least). My grown, very independent, father had to move in with his 20 something year old, divorced, single-father, son. Can you imagine being happy like that?

Four months later one of my former step mothers (yes, I had multiple) passed away (fuck cancer, fuck cancer, fuck cancer). My 15 year old youngest half sister, who I hardly knew and hadn't lived with since she was a toddler, and hated our father, came to live with us. My home was a war zone the next two years . . .

You talk about me "bragging" about my home? Carson lived here, Papa's family lives here . . . what kind of house do you think you get for 900k IN Miramar Beach? Go check out our MLS and get back to me . . . and that's what you're getting now. LMAO. Most of the posters here, if they own their own home, and it is anywhere around $200k probably owns a palace in comparison to the home you think I was bragging about. I hated that house, I hated my ex wife made me buy it, I hated it . . .

I gave up my master bedroom to move upstairs to separate the two grown children I felt like I was raising. My work started to slip, my posting started to suck. I had started drinking pretty heavy. There was a two year period in my life where I got up some mornings to work (and post) and I was probably still drunk from the night before. :( Some of the posters here know it as well (many of those nights I was drinking with our friends). :(

My sister graduated and went to Duke. My father got healthy and stayed. I kept drinking. I wild out for a about 18 months, I rarely worked . . . I rarely had work but just enough to pay my bills and party. I slept around a lot. It was rare that I was in my office until 5pm, you could find me at any one of numerous bars. You can pretty much go back through my posting on the board and see the periods of in my life. I took more than one three month breaks from life after cashing in on some poker tournaments in Biloxi and Tunica. Dins, you still playin' man?

A few years ago around the holidays I broke down and just couldn't do it anymore. I didn't want to do it anymore. THAT's when my posting tailed off here. It wasn't me running away. I stopped screwing around and started to settle down with a woman I had been seeing. Mutual friends of mine and Carson's were out together with me the night I met her, hope Carson comes back to do so, the Friday night crew is still together but at a new location now.

Why do I say all this . . . maybe it's sad, or maybe it's my generation, but I kind of grew up on this board and its predecessors. I'd have finished a lot more term papers before 3am if not for RTT. I'd have blown my head off, feeling way out of place, riding around on buses and vans with Ivy League egg heads in western Pennsylvania, if not for Scobode. I went through a break up with a crazy Mexican chick, a marriage to another greedy whore, the birth of my daughter, a messy divorce, a disease that almost killed me . . . all on these boards.

So anyways, I cleaned up and settled down . . . I sold my home a while back. First four months we lived in this sardine can for an apartment. We own a nice townhouse now, nothing fancy.

I'm not even a career REA anymore in truthfulness. I'm an entrepreneur who holds some certifications and it is part of our income. My wife and I own and operate or are partners in five different small businesses. Between them all we scratch a living by and pay our bills. Some months I make a windfall of money through my "career", some months it brings in absolutely no income at all. I probably spend more time working on projects for the businesses my significant other is the driving force behind than I do my own business. I'm okay with that now too. I'm a lucky man, I still technically make more and she appreciates it but it is her businesses that bring in the consistent steady income we can count on. She couldn't afford to hire someone to do what I do either and she isn't as capable at those functions of business as I am. Not to toot my own horn but our best selling line for two years in a row has been my concept (her designs still). We have licenses with every NCAA Division I institution as well as the Dallas Cowboys; we're working on getting them for the rest of the NFL and Major League Soccer now. After that I am debating to expand to NBA and/or MLB/Premier League. *COUGH* We have more Notre Dame stuff now. *COUGH*

I'm not as rich and powerful as everyone else on this board or live in Buckingham Palace but as for being one of the little people I kind of like my life. When I do cash one of those windfall checks we have the freedom to pack a bag and head to New Orleans, Atlanta, Biloxi, or another regional destination for a few days. Go to a music festival, or a sporting event, or just get away.

In the last 18 months I've lost 90 pounds. A good deal of it whiskey weight. All I did was stop drinking frequently, eating better, and living happier. My SO jokes about needing to keep me on a leash now. I get hit on again. Not to sound too cocky but I'm not a half shabby looking man when I clean up a little or don't make a drunken fool of myself.

I had time to post this today because I took the day off. The last two years our family has been trying to keep our family together. MY SO's sister is a drug addict and her parental rights were terminated a while back. We've been fighting for a combination of us family members to adopt two of the children each. Great kids all of them, well mostly, one needs a lot of counseling. They range in age from 13 years to 13 months. My SO and I were going to adopt our youngest nephew (the 13 month old) and one of the his sisters (4). This morning we found out that because of federal mandates now that five of the children are going to be adopted out together as a family unit in a closed adoption and the oldest brother is going to be allowed to stay with his grandparents who he has a parental bond with. These kids have run in and out of my house and even at times lived with me as a family care giver for years now. My 13 month old nephew is attached to me at all times. The details of dealing with the privatized foster and adoption system in this state coupled with federal mandates they've enacted . . . infuriating. Our Congress has gotten nothing done the last four years but one of the few things passed through is a bill that basically rips families apart if there are multiple children.
JayDuck wrote:2 kids and 3 promotions have left me persona non grata here, I know, but good to see we can still buttfuck the B1G in the mouth when called upon.
There now you have enough ammunition to make all the attacks you want from here on out. I have a limited amount of time in most days and life is short. Some of us grew up or haven't gotten so old they can only make it to the computer in the morning (is shrubber still alive, I haven't seen him post). I have a few spare moments in most weeks and I want to discuss football.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Sudden Sam wrote:Missouri was 2-6 their first year. The Tigers pulled a once in a decade 7-1 last year in an extremely down year for Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia.
Lemme see if I've got this straight...

Mizzou wins; down year for the SEC purebloods.
Mizzou loses; well, yeah, 'cuz they suck.

So is this how your over-rated, corn-mush-eating fuck of conference works, Sammy?

Prior to 2012, the Tigers hadn't had a losing conference record since 2002. Looking at Mizzou's record, one might even say that Missouri's 2-6 conference record in 2012 was the "once in a decade" event. Never mind that Mizzou was decimated by injuries and suffered through an "extremely down year" of their own. Go fuck yourself, troll
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Wait a minute! Over-rated? You musta missed the last 8 seasons of college football.
Yes, overrated.

Ole Miss would get shithammered by any team in the top half of a power 5 conference. Yet they get top 15 votes.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

How'd they do against Mizzou, Willie? You know, when the Tigers were in the XII?

We're 29-18-1 all time against your "meatgrinder." You people ain't shit. I stand by my take.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Just an aside.....

When you say someone/you people "ain't shit", is it better to "be shit"?

Personally, I don't want my program to "be shit". As in..."Hey, my college I graduated from and root for is shit. " Or wouldn't it be better to be "ain't shit"?

That's it. Carry on.
What were we just talking about?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

I want to be THE SHIT.

but...if YOU'RE SHIT....that's not good.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Truman wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Missouri was 2-6 their first year. The Tigers pulled a once in a decade 7-1 last year in an extremely down year for Tennessee, Florida, and Georgia.
Lemme see if I've got this straight...

Mizzou wins; down year for the SEC purebloods.
Mizzou loses; well, yeah, 'cuz they suck.

So is this how your over-rated, corn-mush-eating fuck of conference works, Sammy?

Prior to 2012, the Tigers hadn't had a losing conference record since 2002. Looking at Mizzou's record, one might even say that Missouri's 2-6 conference record in 2012 was the "once in a decade" event. Never mind that Mizzou was decimated by injuries and suffered through an "extremely down year" of their own. Go fuck yourself, troll
Didn't Mizzou lose their QB, half their Oline, and a starting DE by the second game for the entire season? And one of the RBs by the time conference play started?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
Wait a minute! Over-rated? You musta missed the last 8 seasons of college football.
Yes, overrated.

Ole Miss would get shithammered by any team in the top half of a power 5 conference. Yet they get top 15 votes.

In their last 10 bowl games (going back to '97), they're 9-1, including 6-0 against the Big12.

Just sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyinnnnnnnn'...
They beat OU in Bob's first year and beat Nebraska the year after Osborn retired. Almost all their wins have come on their home field or in the Independence bowl. Ole Miss in all ten of those games never beat a team that finished higher than 3rd in their division.

Ole Miss cancelled a series with OU in the last decade as well.

Their win in the Cotton Bowl was a joke as well. The Cotton skipped over both Mizzou and OSU because they thought aTm would travel better.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hi, SunCoast. You got mail.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Goober McTuber wrote:Hi, SunCoast. You got mail.
Let me help Papa . . .

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Ole Miss could play with any B1G teams other than Wisconsin and Michigan State. Can't see anyone else beating the Rebels.
Penn State. I think Penn State would beat them to be honest. That win on a neutral field against UCF has been undervalued by the country. I'd also like to see more from Maryland before a rush to judgement that Ole Miss would kill them.
In the ACC, who other than FSU is clearly better than Ole Miss? Hmmmmm? North Carolina? Hardly. Scraped by Liberty and San Diego State so far. VaTech? Maybe. Louisville? Possibly.
Duke, people keep sleeping on Duke. They're going to be playing FSU in the title game again. It's not as shocking this year when I make the call . . .
Big 12. Oklahoma? Yep. OSU? About even, I'd say. KSU? No way. Baylor? Maybe. I'd like to see Ole Miss' D against Baylor. Texas? Doubt it.
First of all, Baylor would blow the barn doors off of Ole Miss; it would be a slaughter. Make fun of Baylor all you like but go look at their last three recruiting classes and think about the fact they're coached by Art Briles . . . the fact you think Ole Miss is in the ball game in the fourth quarter I find a little bit delusional. Ole Miss had enough trouble the last two years with a Texas team who Baylor now owns. I'd say OSU is slightly better than Ole Miss, even with a loss. KSU is about even with Ole Miss. I think people are sleeping on TCU; they're still a very well coached team.

Basically, Pississippi is a middle of the conference team in the SEC and would be a middling team in every other conferences sans the B1G this season. Your homer is showing through arguing otherwise.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Let me help Papa . . .

I meant you have an IM.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Goober McTuber wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Let me help Papa . . .

I meant you have an IM.
Weird, wasn't showing up but it was in my box . . .
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
Truman wrote:How'd they do against Mizzou, Willie? You know, when the Tigers were in the XII?

We're 29-18-1 all time against your "meatgrinder." You people ain't shit. I stand by my take.

The SEC leads the Big 12 in all-time head-to-head match-ups with a 29-18-0 (.617) record.

Over the past 15 years ('98 -'11) the SEC holds a 33-18-0 (.647) advantage.

Against the Big 12's predecessor (the Big Eight) the SEC had a 43-43-6 (.500) record.

Last season (2011-2012), the SEC went 3-0 vs the Big 12.

http://www.secsportsfan.com/sec-vs-big- ... bWbzS.dpuf
What's your record against Oklahoma? 4-4 (OU owns your flagship program in the BCS as well, 3-0 against Bama)
What's your record against Nebraska? 3-4
Missouri? 1-4 during the BCS
Texas? 4-5

Looks like the Big 12s top Dogs fared pretty damn well facing mostly equal competition in mostly bowl games.

So you beat up on Iowa State (or not in Sam's case, Bazinga) and Oklahoma State (or not in Papa's case, Bazinga) . . . Congrats? Our top teams did too. When our top tier teams face off it's usually a close game among equals, same among our middling teams, and bottom feeders.

Don't come here throwing around loaded statistics and rubbing each other's balls. You guys beat up on aTm (A LOT) as has already pointed out. So did the rest of us, that's why they didn't finish in the top half of their table but five times in nineteen years.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:You got mail.
I LOVE that movie!!! I think we'll watch it again for T.Hanksgiving this year!!

--Screwy
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:Arizona State is a perennial fuckup.
Which won the PAC South last year, over USC and UCLA.

Besides Stanford, every other team listed is 2-0.

But nice that the standards you apply to the PAC teams doesn't apply to your SEC teams.

Stop it -- both your foot and your butt must be getting sore.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Dins, check my rebuttal to your ridiculous assertion that the top half of every power 5 conference would "shithammer" Mississippi. Try to refute it.

Even SunCoastSooner inadvertently agreed with me. No doubt he hates himself for it. :grin:
Dinsdale wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Arizona State is a perennial fuckup.
Which won the PAC South last year, over USC and UCLA.
Then lost to a 5 loss Texas Tech. :lol:
I didn't agree with you. I gave some examples off the top of my head.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, ASU, possibly Zona and Utah.

Hell, Kal might do a number on them.

The point you're missing, is that the pollsters have this unholy need to fill the quota of SEC teams in their ballots (and don't get me wrong, the PAC isn't immune, since many of them seem to want to rank UDub, which is a garbage team, and the middling PAC teams get too much love, and lately, they seem desperate to throw B1G teams in there, even though all but one suck).
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: I didn't agree with you. I gave some examples off the top of my head.
The point being that no conference's top half, other than the SEC's, would shithammer Mississippi.

You know I'm right.
The PAC and Big 12 top three, maybe four would. The same as the SEC . . . There's also 14 teams in the SEC compared to 12 and 10. You have a larger sample but your number of games and divisional structure also allow teams to avoid a lot of games that would be meaningful if they were played but they aren't.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, UGA will drop to #7, and South Carolina (garbage team) moves up to #6, right? Must mean aTm is #2.

Gotta keep the quota.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:I agree with the PAC12 part. Not the Big 12.
Oklahoma State is about neck and neck with Kansas State and TCU fighting for third in our conference. They hung with the defending national champions pretty damn well on the road. Them plus OU and Baylor is half our conference. About what I think the SEC ratio is as well.

West Virginia hung with Bama pretty damn well as well and I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell they finish in the top half of the conference.