Dad

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Dad

Post by Wolfman »

My Dad passed away in 2000 at age 85. His death certificate listed prostate cancer as the cause of death. None of us never knew. He was the first in his family to graduate from college and I believe he was the first to graduate from high school. Going to college during the depression must have strained the family's resources, but I understand his Grandfather ( a tool and die maker) helped out big time. Dad had a BS in Chemistry from Clarkson College that he used to get a job as a metallurgist for Crouse-Hinds Co. in Syracuse a major manufacturer of traffic,airport lighting and electrical fixtures. Dad became one of the foremost experts in cast iron. That helped him to several high paying jobs as a trouble shooter after he got canned from Crouse-Hinds at age 57.
I got along fairly well with my Dad. I wasn't the "best" of sons and there were times when we clashed, but nothing major. He taught me two important things in life: how to treat a woman, and how to work a trout stream. I never heard my Dad use profanity until I was in my early 20's. No, he wasn't mad at me. His wrath was directed at the new management at his place of work.
I can still see him fly fishing on the Salmon River in Redfield NY, chomping on a cigar, and letting the worries of his world float away. Miss you Pop.
Hope you and your Dad got along as well.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Dad

Post by smackaholic »

Rack you and your old man. If those were the only two things he taught you, he did well.

Wish I could say I had a great dad, but, I didn't. He was OK as far as doing stuff with his kids, but he wasn't a very good provider. Fortunately, his dad, my grandpa was the greatest grandfather ever. I was also blessed with having a great father in law for 15 years. One of the best men I have ever met.

Rack all the dad's out there. Hopefully you'll get something better than a shitty tie.

The OL keeps asking me what kind of stupid present I want. I keep telling her nothing. Maybe I'll get a BJ out of it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Nice post wolfie. It's a different Fathers day for me, lost my Dad earlier this year and my father-in-law last week. Both were amazing men who taught me as much as anyone could ask for. Kind and gentle and giving guys who loved life and never gave up until the end. Props to all you dads out there,.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

My dad is actually in my washer/dryer-less apartment here in DC with me. Rack him.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Father's Day always makes me sad.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

You would make a great dad LS.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

My dad stared adversity in the eye, and he beat it back with a broom. More than once. He's doing real well for himself these days and he couldn't deserve it more. I learned a lot of good and not much bad from him, which the way I see it, means he did a damn good job.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown