The One-percenters

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

The One-percenters

Post by Goober McTuber »

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Re: The One-percenters

Post by mvscal »

The first and most obvious conclusion was that the upper ranks of finance are composed of people who have completely divorced themselves from reality. No self-aware and socially conscious Wall Street executive would have agreed to be part of a group whose tacit mission is to make light of the financial sector’s foibles. Not when those foibles had resulted in real harm to millions of people in the form of foreclosures, wrecked 401(k)s, and a devastating unemployment crisis.
Oh, they aren't divorced from reality. They are simply stone cold sociopaths.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Disgusting, but not the least bit surprising. Who would have expected anything else from these bastards?
Why do you hate the wealthy?

Sincerely,

Sirfuckafist, Left Scrotum, Duhhron, Duncedale, 88 IQ Score, et al
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Why do you hate the wealthy?

Sincerely,

You do understand that the 1% begins around $300K in earnings? Not very hard for a couple. You also understand that the left terms people wealthy for far less annual earnings? Jealous much?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:

Sincerely,

You do understand that the 1% begins around $300K in earnings? Not very hard for a couple. You also understand that the left terms people wealthy for far less annual earnings? Jealous much?
It's actually much closer to $400K now, but of course the folks mentioned in that story are well above the threshold. Hell, my wife and I are solidly in the top 10%.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Left Seater wrote:

Sincerely,

It's actually much closer to $400K now, but of course the folks mentioned in that story are well above the threshold. Hell, my wife and I are solidly in the top 10%.

What's the requirement to be a member of the Liberal Elite?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:What's the requirement to be a member of the Liberal Elite?
Are you asking me?

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Mikey wrote: What's the requirement to be a member of the Liberal Elite?
1.) Dedicate your life to spending other people's money.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Screw liberal elite. What's the threshold for becoming a Limousine Liberal (TM)?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

You'd probably at least need regular access to a limousine. Looks like you'll have to settle for Jizz-mopping Jackass.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

throw money at useless charities (The Association for Underprivledged Kids with Curly Hair) and blame the Conservative Elite for all the ills of the world.....the only difference between liberal and conservative elite, is that liberals at least pretend they care.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Felix wrote:
the only difference between liberal and conservative elite, is that liberals at least pretend they care.....

Which is actually worse, tell them you are in their corner and then stab them in the back.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Left Seater wrote:

Sincerely,

You do understand that the 1% begins around $300K in earnings? Not very hard for a couple.
If it's "not very hard for a couple," why is it that only 1% manage to achieve it?

I get that there's quite a bit of income disparity even among the 1%, but you didn't really think that one through.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Felix wrote:throw money at useless charities
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Left Seater wrote:

Sincerely,

You do understand that the 1% begins around $300K in earnings? Not very hard for a couple.
If it's "not very hard for a couple," why is it that only 1% manage to achieve it?

I get that there's quite a bit of income disparity even among the 1%, but you didn't really think that one through.
Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you lazy bum. Don't you realize that this is the land of opportunity? Anybody who really wants to can easily become a multi-millionaire. Or President.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Don't know about multi-millionaire, but, the bar for prez has been set awfully low as of late.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:Don't know about multi-millionaire, but, the bar for prez has been set awfully low as of late.

:lol: :lol: right on cue...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

88 wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Left Seater wrote:You do understand that the 1% begins around $300K in earnings? Not very hard for a couple.

Math wasn't your undergraduate major, was it?
It wasn't. But there was no math involved in this one at all except on the most elemental of levels.

Lefty said that getting to $300K/year was "not very hard for a couple" (his words, not mine). My response was that since getting to that income level puts you in or near the top 1% of all income earners, it is hard. By definition (and here's where the math comes in), if only 1% of all people are earning income at a certain level, 99% of the people, by definition, are not earning at that level.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Here is the problem with your 1% view Terry.

Take for example my mom, she has income and pays taxes on some of it. She has zero desire to go back to a full time job though and is enjoying her retirement.

Then take my next door neighbors kid who works at the local driving range after school and on some weekends. He is on the golf team and likes the access to all the ball he can hit. I'm sure he enjoys the cash as well. He isn't looking to work full time anytime soon. He pays taxes on his earning.

Then consider the folks who live across the street from us. They both had careers and then when they had kids the wife decided to stay home and raise the kids. Their income fell, but they are happy with their situation and are not looking for her to go back to work anytime soon. They pay taxes as well.

All of these folks are part of the "99%", but are not actively looking to change that. Yet they are still lumped into that large percentage. So it isn't anywhere close to as hard as your "math" suggests.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Just curious as to which of your anecdotal examples could easily move into the 1% if they so desired?

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

None of them, but that is the point. They are not going to but they were used as an example of how difficult it would be, when none of them are even trying to move there.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Did that actually make sense to you when you typed it?

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Goober McTuber wrote:Did that actually make sense to you when you typed it?
You do realize that you're talking to the guy who suggested that people can marry their cats, don' t you?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Not sure what happened there, but no that doesn't make sense.

The point was that none of those three examples are looking to change their status or earnings anywhere close to the 1%. However, because they pay taxes they are used by many including Terry in his "math" example of just how difficult it is to reach the top 1% of wage earners.

So if we remove from the discussion the retirees, students, stay at home parents, disabled, etc, etc, the number of people not reaching that threshold goes down.

Diego,

To use an old Board saying, I am living rent free in your dome.

While there is a lot of empty space in here, the view outside is quite disturbing.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:Not sure what happened there, but no that doesn't make sense.

The point was that none of those three examples are looking to change their status or earnings anywhere close to the 1%. However, because they pay taxes they are used by many including Terry in his "math" example of just how difficult it is to reach the top 1% of wage earners.

So if we remove from the discussion the retirees, students, stay at home parents, disabled, etc, etc, the number of people not reaching that threshold goes down.

You’d need to back that up with some proof.

Retirees – what about all of the people that have retired with an income above $300,000?

Students – are they even part of the data? I don’t know.

Stay at home parents – guessing that if they can afford not to work, their spouse is doing OK. Maybe even $300,000/yr OK.

Disabled – what about those people who were disabled by someone else’s negligence and hired 88 to get them a huge settlement?

So if we just remove from the discussion all of the people who aren't trying to make $300K/yr, it's really not that hard for the rest to do it. You’re really just flinging shit at the wall to see what sticks. TiC was correct – if it’s not that hard to make $300K per, more than 1% of the population would be doing it.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

What's with the obsession with the "1%"? Whatever happened to worrying about yourself? Some rich assholes dressing up in drag has nothing to do with me or my life.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

You'd be singing a different tune if that rich asshole dressing up in drag had a big black cock.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

They do have something to do with it when they are making a living at doling out or receiving your tax dollars.

Those are the fukkers that piss me off. And there are plenty of them from all ends of the political spectrum, but, the ones on the liberal end piss me off the most.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Left Seater wrote:None of them, but that is the point. They are not going to but they were used as an example of how difficult it would be, when none of them are even trying to move there.
wrong......build a better mousetrap or find a dumber mouse......

every one of them was a multi million dollar idea.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:What's with the obsession with the "1%"? Whatever happened to worrying about yourself? Some rich assholes dressing up in drag has nothing to do with me or my life.
You have washed out of the military, Cali and tx so I can understand why you are so bitter but do you have to sound so dumb in the process?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So you aren't even trying to make any sense now. Good for you, tiny. You have "washed out" of reality.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Too much black cock has your head all messed up and you can no longer read English eh potato peller? No worries. Soon you will wash out of life altogether and it will be one more vapid racist in the ground. Trudge on loser.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I can read perfectly well. You're just an idiot.

I signed up for four years, served four years and was honorably discharged. How is that "washing out" in any logical meaning of the term? Washing out of a state? Uh, Okaaay. I'm not sure what that is even supposed to mean.

You're short, horrifically bad at your job, catastrophically stupid and deeply embittered by your obvious inferiority. Pretty much sucks to be you.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

You couldn't hack it in the military so you quit after four years. You couldn't survive in ca or tx so you moved out if both states. You have now gone back to Omaha to die. You are a half Mexican self loathing racist with no skills and a black cock in your ass. Now tuck your big flabby dumbo ears back under your hat and maybe take a walk to the beach or something you vapid swarthy racist.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Omaha beach? Wha?