Olympic Thread

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Olympic Thread

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I like how the Russians enacted anti-gay laws..........then proceeded to roll out the gayest opening ceremony in the history of the Olympics.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Thus begins Day 2 of Not Giving A Fuck.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:Thus begins Day 2 of Not Giving A Fuck.
yeah I have yet to watch a single minute of these olympics, and doubt I will.....I'd rather watch old reruns of Steven Segal straight-to-video movies than I would what is no doubt endless droning about some obscure athlete from azkastam who nobody knows nor gives a fuck about.....3 minutes of delayed broadcast tape about an event where the outcome is already known, then back to interviewing some IOOC honk about what a great venue sochi is and how these could be the best games ever......meanwhile, they'll drone on about security and toothpaste bombs and gay protesters, intermixing in a few minutes of biathlon coverage and discussing how some norwegian dude is the best there's ever been in a sport nobody gives a fuck about......

thanks, but no thanks.......
get out, get out while there's still time
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

B&C turned on my parrots tv at 9:00, to figure skating. 5 hours later, its still figure skating. I thought this shit was supposed to be on
10 different channels but not the case so far.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

kcdave wrote:B&C turned on my parrots tv at 9:00, to figure skating. 5 hours later, its still figure skating. I thought this shit was supposed to be on
10 different channels but not the case so far.
Does your parrot have a lisp now?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I watch bits and pieces of it. Looking at speed skating right now. The Dutch rule this thing.BTW--if you have any interest, for good up to date information, Google "Olympic results".
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Eddie or pron need to light a fire under it....

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story ... ion-020914
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I can still remember watching Franz Klammer back in 76. This video has some of the crashes that preceded Klammer's run.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

"WHAT?!?! Me not see "Beloved"! This link is BULLSHIT!"

Sincerely,

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

BSmack wrote:I can still remember watching Franz Klammer back in 76.
I'll never forget the army of baggy pants, bearded, slackers that pad American medal counts in events that no one else competes in.
Slow start for you this year but take heart, the SuperDude Extreme Slalom comes up after everyone's gone.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
BSmack wrote:I can still remember watching Franz Klammer back in 76.
I'll never forget the army of baggy pants, bearded, slackers that pad American medal counts in events that no one else competes in.
Slow start for you this year but take heart, the SuperDude Extreme Slalom comes up after everyone's gone.
Nice to see somebody that's so well informed.

Freestyle Skiing Medal Count (so far)

Canada
3 gold
2 silver
1 bronze
6 Total

US
0 gold
1 silver
1 bronze
2 Total
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote:Thus begins Day 2 of Not Giving A Fuck.
Typical fag to not like people going super fast downhill with no brakes. Do you hug your binky at night too?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I guess he is the flying tomato can now. Dude should have shut it down last olympics, I guess.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote:I wanna do a skeleton run.

It'd be interesting to see how many pieces I could break into.
I'll have to say that sports where there is a real danger of somebody being killed do hold a certain fascination.....not that I want anybody to die, but I'm always interested in knowing why people are willing to risk life and limb riding what amounts to a Red Flyer down a slab of sheer ice, reaching speeds in the 70mph to 90mph range.....it's not like they're going to get rich off endorsement deals even if they were to win......

sure guys like Ted Ligety travel that fast on a pair of skis, but there's the potential for a big payday for just showing up (endorsement money) and even more if they win.....luge and skelton sliders, eh not so much.....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:carrot top shit the bed

That was my greatest hope for these games.

I'll really miss him telling me how great he is for the next for years.

Complete jackass who represents his country poorly.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:I wanna do a skeleton run.

It'd be interesting to see how many pieces I could break into.
I'll have to say that sports where there is a real danger of somebody being killed do hold a certain fascination.....not that I want anybody to die, but I'm always interested in knowing why people are willing to risk life and limb riding what amounts to a Red Flyer down a slab of sheer ice, reaching speeds in the 70mph to 90mph range.....it's not like they're going to get rich off endorsement deals even if they were to win......

sure guys like Ted Ligety travel that fast on a pair of skis, but there's the potential for a big payday for just showing up (endorsement money) and even more if they win.....luge and skelton sliders, eh not so much.....
This might interest you (or not).

I never saw her face. She was always moving too fast. I knew her only for her shiny helmet, blond ponytail, oversized basketball jersey and dumb guts.

She would fly past me on her skateboard as I drove up my hilly street in La Cañada. She was sometimes on her back, usually in a crouch, always teetering on the edge. It was a narrow road, lined with thick trees, sometimes crowded with SUVs. She couldn't have been more than 12 years old. It was a miracle she didn't end up in my windshield.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/ ... z2t9kNQXaG

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nice appearance by Marian Hossa today. :meds:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I've gone down the bobsled run at My. Van Hovenberg (near Lake Placid) that was used for the 80 Olympics and is still used for competition to this day.

They offer rides down just half the track. Which for the uninitiated is way more than enough. Speed through the last turn is about 100 kmph. What you cannot appreciate until you ride is how bumpy the ride is or exactly how close your head will come to the icy wall speeding past your head. Getting out of that sled though. What a freaking high that was.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Dinsdale wrote:
KC Scott wrote:carrot top shit the bed

That was my greatest hope for these games.

I'll really miss him telling me how great he is for the next for years.

Complete jackass who represents his country poorly.
What's the difference between a snowboard and a vacuum cleaner?
The dirtbags on the "inside" of the vacuum..
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Ok, I will play...

Why do snowboarders smell?
So blind people can hate them too.

What’s the difference between a government bond and a snowboard bum?
A government bond will eventually mature and make money.

What do snowboarders use for birth control?
Their personalities.

How does a snowboarder introduce themselves?
Ohhh – sorry dude
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:I've gone down the bobsled run at My. Van Hovenberg (near Lake Placid) that was used for the 80 Olympics and is still used for competition to this day.

They offer rides down just half the track. Which for the uninitiated is way more than enough. Speed through the last turn is about 100 kmph. What you cannot appreciate until you ride is how bumpy the ride is or exactly how close your head will come to the icy wall speeding past your head. Getting out of that sled though.
yeah, sounds like a real hoot.....

and no, I wouldn't put the video of Nodar Kumaritashvili crashing into a steel beam in Vancouver.....seriously dangerous sport without much benefit.....
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Mikey wrote: Nice to see somebody that's so well informed.

Freestyle Skiing Medal Count (so far)

Canada
3 gold
2 silver
1 bronze
6 Total

US
0 gold
1 silver
1 bronze
2 Total
Not good, you've been figured out. I recomend some sort of girl bouncing down a hill with a trash can lid strapped to her arse next olympics, you've got to keep your edge in medals.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix,

The benefit for me was in the doing. I wouldn't do it again any time soon, but I understand why people with the resources to compete would want to keep at it. The only time I've ever felt that kind of rush in any other walk of life was holing out for eagle on a par 4.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

BSmack wrote: The only time I've ever felt that kind of rush in any other walk of life was holing out for eagle on a par 4.
What about the time you picked up that spare in the tenth to score a 255? How about the time you got the 8 ball in on the break or hit three triples for a 60 at the dart board.

If eagleing out on a par 4 is second on your list you must have lived a life so boring it would have killed a sloth. Not one of those shitty little ones either. A big one. A really big slow boring one. Good gawd.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

schmick wrote:Olympic hockey is boring as shit, the ice is too big, there is little hitting and no fighting
If that's your take, then you missed a helluva game this morning.

An 8-"inning", shoot-out win over the Russkies on their home ice. Jay-zus, what a game!
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I saw it too. Fairly exciting contest. Old Vlad must have been upset.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Oshie though the five hole in the eighth was awesome. USA USA
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

LOLing the moronic Wings fans who don't know who Oshie is.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

schmick wrote:if you want to watch pussy ass international hockey teams dance around checks and never drop the gloves, go for it, but its boring ass women's hockey
Fights in hockey are sort of like boob shots in a movie. You don't watch for that, but it's a bonus if it happens.

You sound like a little kid. If you just want to see fights, watch boxing.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
schmick wrote:if you want to watch pussy ass international hockey teams dance around checks and never drop the gloves, go for it, but its boring ass women's hockey
Fights in hockey are sort of like boob shots in a movie. You don't watch for that, but it's a bonus if it happens.

You sound like a little kid. If you just want to see fights, watch boxing.
That's rackable.
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Part of being a successful hockey player is playing well in a variety of conditions and that includes the wider sheet, which opens up the front of the net for scoring opportunities. International hockey is only two weeks a year (world juniors) and two weeks every four years (NHL). Don't be a whiny bitch whining about the international style. North American hockey is great but international is fun as well.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

schmick wrote:Really? how many people were carried off the ice because they were hit so hard they dont know what country they were in? How many guys dropped the gloves and bled for their team?
International hockey sucks balls compared to the Stanley Cup playoffs. Its like watching girls hockey, big fucking whoop a shoot out? shootouts fucking suck, sudden death OT til someone wins.
I don’t make the rules, Spanky. But if the drama of a game between bitter, traditional rivals featuring three lead changes; end-to-end break-aways; spectacular saves; a disallowed goal that would’ve left this country heartbroken had it stood; a 5-minute, four-on-four overtime; and an unprecedented EIGHT-round shootout doesn’t get your adrenaline up, then clearly you suck dicks for a living. Get the fuck off my OneBoard, you stupid fat fuck, and please kill yourself while you’re at it. TIA.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yet another thread in a countless string of threads where schmick proves he’s a slack-jawed fucking halfwit.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

:mrgreen:
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

What a choke job by the US Womens hockey team. Up two under five mins to go and they lose. Enjoy your first loser medal ladies.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:What a choke job by the US Womens hockey team. Up two under five mins to go and they lose. Enjoy your first loser medal ladies.
How many medals have you won?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Same as you.

That said, piss poor take. Did you play college football? Guess you shouldn't comment on it then.

Did you watch the game? If so you can't call it anything other than a choke. The first goal against was off a US defender. Sure that happens in hockey, but she was just watching. The tying goal came after the goalie played the puck right to the front of the house and onto the tape of the opponent.

The game winner came after a horrible turnover on an odd man rush led to a penalty and 3-5.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:

That said, piss poor take. Did you play college football? Guess you shouldn't comment on it then.
What does that have to do with it? My team didn't win the MNC this year, nor did they win their bowl game.
I don't consider them losers, though.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

2nd place is always first loser. Ask anyone who has played competitive sports.