World Series Thread

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: World Series Thread

Post by Shoalzie »

The Cards won't wilt in the late innings like a certain other team...that's a team made for this time of year.

Is Craig going to return for the series?

Cardinals in 6 (regardless of Craig's status)
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Sudden Sam wrote:Put me down for Cards in 6, too.
3st.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Hmm, I thought this was a World Series thread? Although those ladies look like they can certainly handle some balls. And that's a good thing.

At any rate, as I re-catch my breath, I agree with the pack here. Cardinals in 6. They are rolling and the pitching is as good as it has been all year.

Thanks for the ring pictures in the other thread Scott, lotta nice history there.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Utterly baffling that people who claim to know baseball are all picking the Cardinals.

This won't even be much of a series.

-Red Sox have won eight straight World Series games, and no NL team has won a WS game at Fenway since 1986.

- David Ortiz was 2-22 in the ALCS and that's a bad sign for the Cards. He's going to rake those righties esp. at Fenway and have a huge series.

-KC is full of shit- Cards bullpen depth is nothing compared to Boston's. Uehara can't be hit and our other guys before him are balls-out too.

-David Freese gets circle jerks around for that one lucky performance in 2011. He sucks. Hit .262 this season and scares nobody. Batted .190 in the NLCS and .188 in the NLDS. Easy twirp to shut down.

- This "best pitching staff" thing is a joke. Pound for pound, Boston's starting four will outclass St. Louis'. Lester will beat Wainright easy in game 1, and this Wacha guy is a rookie fluke who will wilt on the big stage in game 2. Sure, he's looked good in the playoffs but this is the best lineup in baseball and they will all get to him. No offense but these guys aren't that good. It looks decent in the pussy NL but the Cards will shit their pants once they arrive at Fenway like they did in '04. Lackey has been dominant as usual and Peavy is hungry for a ring which he will get. Lackey and Peavy (esp. Lackey) are THE perfect guys to start on the road because they DO. NOT. GIVE. A. FUCK. about the crowd noise, the moment, etc. Remember I said that....huge advantage to have veterans like that going on the hill in St. Louis. Meanwhile, Cardinals start a rookie on the road. And you guys think St. Louis wins. :lol: Oh, and I haven't even mentioned Boston's ace yet! :lol: Uh oh!! :lol:

^^^^

shit bricks, Cardinal Fan. :grin:

-Ellsbury and Pedroia will make the Cardinals pitching look silly in this series. They are gamers in the postseason and so is Victorino who also has a World Series ring. Throw in Lester and you just have too many champions to fuck with if you're St. Louis. Matheny will be gripping and mixing and matching and will have no clue how to overcompensate...he'll probably juggle his lineup out of desperation by Game 3 as the champagne bottles are being shipped to STL for the Sox.

- People talk about how the Cards won those two World Series recently but let's not forget that one was against the choking dog Tigers and the other was against the loser Rangers.

The four of you will be humiliated. It's been the Red Sox year from the start and they're not letting some bitch team like the Cardinals get in the way. I guarantee the Red Sox win this series....And I look for a long line of you ready to take turns on my shaft when it's over. Boston mows right through them in 5 games.

Some predictions on how players do:

Lester 2-0 1.25 ERA 13 Ks MVP
Lackey 1-0 3.00 ERA
Uehara 0-0 3 S 0.00 ERA (nails it down in game 5, chucks glove in air, Salts jumps into his arms, Cards fans head for exits)

Victorino (knows NL pitching, will assrape Matheny's staff) .376 6 R 3 2Bs
Ortiz (windmill whip starts in Game 1 and doesn't let up) .417 3 HR 9 RBI
Ellsbury (will frustrate Macha in game 2 with baserunning, rattle his ass good :lol: ) .320 7 R 5 SBs
Saltalamacchia (big HR late in Game 5 to put them ahead for good to win series. He's been an unsung hero all year who gets key blasts)

Wainright 0-1 one no decision 7.50 ERA leaves in 4th inning game 1
Macha 0-2 4.90 ERA rookie gets a nice little beating in both efforts
Molina .232 (usually good in playoffs, Sox make him look like a little bitch
Allan Craig (STL fans resting their hopes in his return....big deal) .170 not effective.
Jon Jay (one hitter who does okay but can't carry them) .333 6 RBI
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Cards in either 4, 5, 6 or 7.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Somebody will win in less than 8.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:Somebody will win in less than 8.
Archive.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'll watch it because it's baseball and of all sports it's the best, but otherwise, it's a no win situation in my book

Suppose I hate Boston and Red Sox fan less due to lack of familiararity... and I'm an equal opportunity hater.

Fuck them both.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Geez, that's how far ucLAME has fallen in recent times? Even Kalamazoo Tech has better looking cheerleaders.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Geez, that's how far ucLAME has fallen in recent times? Even Kalamazoo Tech has better looking cheerleaders.
Do they also have bigger balls?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

There used to be a bunch of Cardinals fans here but they are in hiding because of the impending assbeating. Game one is going to be tonight and Sox blow up early and take a 4-0 lead....then 6-0 in the 4th when Wainright is removed. Final score 8-3 Boston.

I guarantee the Red Sox win the World Series as I predicted at the beginning of the year. It is such a sure thing that I pledge to post a picture of my bare ass with "Cards Rule" written on it if St. Louis wins.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: I guarantee the Red Sox win the World Series as I predicted at the beginning of the year. It is such a sure thing that I pledge to post a picture of my bare ass with "Cards Rule" written on it if St. Louis wins.
Okay YAJF, go ahead and make that bet. Odds are, that if the Cards win, you'll make excuses, whine and bitch and in the end...so to speak...you won't produce the photo. Not that any of us want to see it. You are the king of horrible pics, so go right ahead and stand behind your predictions.

Cards in 7.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

2-3-2 could rear it's ugly head...you're pretty much guaranteed 3 games of a Boston pitcher hitting in place of Ortiz/Napoli. And that could mean 3 games of Ortiz at first...have fun with that.

Meanwhile, Allen Craig should be ready to go. They're the best team with RISP and they get the ML leader back.

Their bullpen isn't too much better than Detroit, I'd still take the Tigers' starters but what they've got is a lineup of guys just as clutch or more clutch than Boston. This is still most of the team that rose from the dead to steal the WS from the Rangers in their last at bat. While I hoped the Tigers could come up with a big hit...I KNOW the Cardinals can get big hits. Plus, they massacred the best pitcher in a deciding game to get to this spot.

Sticking with Cardinals in 6 but if they can split in Boston, watch out for those 3 games in St. Louis...it could even end there. Buchholz is quietly not being talked about health-wise and Peavy was awful against Detroit. The Sox have to hold serve at Fenway and best Wainwright and Wacha. Again...have fun with that.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I just wish I didn't have to suffer thru the miserable broadcast of Joe Buck and McCarver.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Buck will be fine when you get McCarver out of there after this World Series.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:I guarantee the Red Sox win the World Series as I predicted at the beginning of the year. It is such a sure thing that I pledge to post a picture of my bare ass with "Cards Rule" written on it if St. Louis wins.
I've got a better idea. If the Cards win, how about you just be a man, sack up, give props to the Champ, and admit the better team won, as opposed to acting befuddled you could possibly be wrong (again), make excuses, spin and deflect. Can you handle that, Sport?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Oracle has spoken.

Looks like Cards it is.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: I've got a better idea. If the Cards win, how about you just be a man, sack up, give props to the Champ, and admit the better team won, as opposed to acting befuddled you could possibly be wrong (again), make excuses, spin and deflect. Can you handle that, Sport?
Sure, I can handle it, but I don't need to worry about doing so.

The only thing befuddling here is how a forum of people who DO know baseball pretty well are all picking the Cardinals. It's almost as though by strength in numbers, you think you can WILL an outmatched and outclassed team to pull an upset against the Red Sox just so that you all don't have to eat crow when the team I picked to win it all does. I broke down the series (not that I needed to) and I haven't seen one convincing reason it will turn out other than the trophy being hoisted by the Sox.

Lester about to take the hill in front of a charged-up Fenway crowd, get his 1-2-3 quick inning to set the tone, then watch Wainright drop a log in his pants as Jacoby gets on, and Ortiz applies the Wheelhouse Whip for a long tater to left field.

This is going to be too easy :lol:

Can't wait until tomorrow's reaction: "it's just one game....Cards got great pitchers :cry: "
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: watch Wainright drop a log in his pants as Jacoby gets on, and Ortiz applies the Wheelhouse Whip for a long tater to left field.

This is going to be too easy :lol:"
Umm, Jerkoff, Wainwright finished fourth among senior circuit hurlers with a WAR of 6.2. That means the Cardinals were 6.2 wins better with him on the bump than with a replacement level thrower. His 6.26 strikeouts per walk was second-best in the majors behind only the über-efficient Cliff Lee's 6.94 while his 2.94 ERA was seventh in the NL. And those numbers all come with Wainwright eating the most innings (241 2/3 for any NL pitcher since 2010.

Wainwright won 19 games to tie Washington's Jordan Zimmermann for the NL lead in 2013.

So no, he won't be dropping a "log" any time soon. You will be though, when this thing plays out to the Cardinals Series victory.

Stick to what you do best, sucking at picks.

TIA
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Freaking criminal how you miss that call at second standing ten feet away and staring right at it.

Whatever team you root for, that's pathetic x infinity. Replay can't get here soon enough to start filtering out the old senile bastards that have no business being on this stage.

Gotta love Matheny giving it the old college try, though.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Jay in Phoenix wrote:

So no, he won't be dropping a "log" any time soon. You will be though, when this thing plays out to the Cardinals Series victory.

Stick to what you do best, sucking at picks.

TIA

:lol:

Easy 12 pitch 1st for Lester, just like I said. Wainright already down 3-0 in the first....dropping deuces in his pants. lol EXACTLY what I predicted. It's too easy :lol: now 5-0 and Sox about to blow Wainright off the mound and fukk him back to the stone ages. Maybe I was wrong- maybe Wainright will get whored in the 2nd inning and not the 4th. I was being generous with this hack :lol:

Jay made the decision to chirp in on this thread at the wrong time....now he'll haul ass for about a year. This series is going to go bad for him and everyone else in this thread not named Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff.

Wainright sucks ass. :lol:

3 more wins to go and Sox are World Champs. They can rest Lester now and he'll be extra fresh for game 4 if they want to go back to him to whore the Cardinals again.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

It's just one game....Cards got great pitchers.

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Sudden Sam- it was Boston-like. Sox intimidated them and made them look foolish. You act surprised, but I told you what would happen. Pay attention next time. Should take a lot of bleach to get the shitstains out of the St Louis players' pants before Game 2.

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
Umm, Jerkoff, Wainwright finished fourth among senior circuit hurlers with a WAR of 6.2. That means the Cardinals were 6.2 wins better with him on the bump than with a replacement level thrower. His 6.26 strikeouts per walk was second-best in the majors behind only the über-efficient Cliff Lee's 6.94 while his 2.94 ERA was seventh in the NL. And those numbers all come with Wainwright eating the most innings (241 2/3 for any NL pitcher since 2010.
Now spout off some Wacha stats, please....you know, all in games not played against the Boston Red Sox.

Wainright shit his britches last night just like I said he would. I mean they didn't just punch him in the mouth in the first two innings.....they beat the SHIT out of him. I was laughing. my. ASS off. :lol:

And Ortiz with the windmill WHIIIIP just like I said he would. And Lester was unhittable. Just like I said he is in the postseason. It wasn't just the fact that the Cardinals got pounded into submission....it was that everything I said would happen happened. Lester must have been up on the mound going "DAMN....these guys are easier to put away than those pussy Tigers" and the Sox batters must have been like "This Wainright guy pitched in two WOrld Series?? :lol: " Hence, this thread is going to turn into one hell of a ghosttown as this series goes on. Lots of ----> :| right now from all the dumbasses who predicted otherwise. I know I gave STL one win in this thing, but Sox may be motivated to break that WS winning streak record now. At this point they are riding a sweet 9 game streak and like I pointed out earlier to you ostriches, nobody has beaten the Sawx at Fenway since 1986.

Prediction for Game 2 coming up later today.

Tell me how my ass tastes? :lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Exactly, Lester was greasing up his glove and got busted. Of course, that doesn't change the outcome of the game.

The Cardinals had a bad game and AW got hit...badly. It happens. But Jerkoff, it is just one game. Ease back on the overly used laughing smileys, they are a weak crutch. If the Cards get a split by winning game two, then this thing is wide fucking open, and three games in St. Louis is going to be hell on the Red Sox. Now I will admit, I do believe if you go man to man, match up by match up, Boston seems to be the more complete team. But I will stand by my prediction of a Series win in 7 for the Red Birds. Wacha has been rock steady in the postseason, with the lowest ERA of any pitcher.

Keep that red marker for your cheeks on standby Jerk, this series ain't over yet.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

It's over. Sox are going with Lackey tonight and he'll do what he does in the postseason Six strong should be enough against these little boys. Wacha is almost as much of a bitch as Wainwright as you will see tonight. I said this in the ALCS thread and you all apparently didn't listen- Red Sox batters WEAR YOU the fuck out. They whored Wainwright. They will do the same to Wacha whose name we won't even remember by this time next year. I predict Ortiz applies the Windmill WWWWHHHIPP!! on him good early in the game. Once it's 2-0 around the second inning, Matheny's cornshute will pucker up as he sees Lackey in there all comfortable and just setting down these AAA hitters. Beltran is all fucked up too, so it should be easier. Also Holliday has a slow bat and is worthless. Naps got the big hit last night so who will it be tonight? Well, aside from the Papi Windmill Whip who knows? Maybe Drew rips their hearts out. I see Lackey maybe struggling with some baserunners but getting good dps and Ks to end the inning, and maybe giving up a couple hits in the 7th and being taken out to let the BoSox untouchable pen (which had the night off last night :lol: ) just come in and finish the RedTurds off. Should be a comfortable win tonight for Boston....I say 6-2 final score as the Sox work Wacha to a high pitch count and just destroy his will. Never a good thing to be counting on a rookie to save your season....but a good thing to have a WS MVP pitching you to go 2 games up. Two more to go after tonight and you can set up the trophy presentation on the field in St Louis. The Cardinals....SUCK. In fact they suck even worse than Detroit. Red Sox with their 10th straight World Series victory tonight if you need 'em. That's a promise.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

So it's over after one game? Must be nice living in a fantasy world Jerkoff. Calling Wacha a bitch? Once again, with feeling...he has the lowest ERA in the post season. What about this is confusing you? The animosity steaming off of your pile of shit post is actually laughable, as is your ridiculous Carnac act. Saying the Red Sox winning tonight equates to a World Series victory is equally stupid. Check the math retard. One and one is two, not four. Although as you are one of the more stupid posters to ever spam a board, your addition skills, or lack thereof, makes perfect sense.

See you in St. Louis for a beat down, good and proper.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

I said after tonight's win it's two more to go. You are going to be wishing that you never posted in this thread, trust me. Horrible timing. This has been Boston's year since April and the Cardinals aren't going to stand in the way.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Fair enough dude. But saying that I would have wished I hadn't posted in this thread in the event that the Cardinals lose is absurd. I have said it before and I will reiterate it now. Baseball, like all other sports is only a game. Meaningless in the grand scheme of things. While I enjoy rooting for my team to win and enjoy beating the crap out of their opponents, it isn't a be all or end all if they lose. It's entertainment. Kind of like the morbid entertainment I take in reading your shitty little posts.

Step away from yourself and your abysmal attitude and just sit back and enjoy this thing for what it is. A fucking game.

Pop a brew, kick back and enjoy the event, win or lose.

Cards in 7.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Bull Frog pitched a hell of a game.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Geez, that's how far ucLAME has fallen in recent times? Even Kalamazoo Tech has better looking cheerleaders.
Actually, the pic Sam posted is of another, not quite as attractive girl as "Kate"....but if MaCall is one of the "dogs", I can live with that....

Cards in 7.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:The Cardinals....SUCK.
I've never understood this angle that some fans take. If you beat a team that "sucks," then big deal. It diminishes the accomplishment. If you lose to a team that sucks, then you must REALLY suck. You look much better beating a good team, no?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

YAFJ almost has me rooting for the Cards. Almost.

All I really want are well played, competitive games. The kind of tense, edge of your seat games that only baseball can deliver.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

BOSTON LOST TO A TEAM THAT SUCKS LOLOLOL THEY ARE SO BAD!!!!!!
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:It's over. Sox are going with Lackey tonight and he'll do what he does in the postseason Six strong should be enough against these little boys.
Not quite. Close, but no cigar for Lackey and the bumbling Red Sox. Missed plays and stupid errors tend toward losses.
Wacha is almost as much of a bitch as Wainwright as you will see tonight.
Wrong. Wacha had only one bad pitch, otherwise he would have had yet another 0.00 ERA playoff game. It must really suck for you to be so wrong.
I said this in the ALCS thread and you all apparently didn't listen- Red Sox batters WEAR YOU the fuck out. They whored Wainwright. They will do the same to Wacha whose name we won't even remember by this time next year.
Wrong again. He is going to end up being the World Series MVP if the Cardinals win. Chew on that lump of coal and digest it for a while. Must taste awfully bitter.
Beltran is all fucked up too, so it should be easier. Also Holliday has a slow bat and is worthless.
Wrong to the third degree. Beltran had two hits and a game changing RBI. Holliday also had a key hit. Man, you really suck at this prediction crap Jerkoff.
Should be a comfortable win tonight for Boston....I say 6-2 final score as the Sox work Wacha to a high pitch count and just destroy his will.
Wrong statement, wrong score, wrong call. How you feeling about now sport? Foolish? Embarrassed? Like that taste of shit in your pie hole?
Two more to go after tonight and you can set up the trophy presentation on the field in St Louis. The Cardinals....SUCK. In fact they suck even worse than Detroit. Red Sox with their 10th straight World Series victory tonight if you need 'em. That's a promise.
That's another mistake Jerk. At least three more to go, probably more, just as I said. And as has been stated by MGO and others, if the Cardinals suck, what does that say about the Red Sucks?

Now then, tell me how Cardinal ass tastes?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
Jay in Phoenix wrote:Man, you really suck at this prediction crap Jerkoff.

Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

What can I say Goober, he won't stop humiliating himself, so we have to state the obvious.

This is from the department of redundancy department.

Thank your for your obvious contribution.

Try the veal.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Image
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

I was correct in that Wacha got worked by the Boston lineup and they got to him. Not only that, they have him second-guessing himself after Ortiz went WINDMILL WHHHHHIP on his ass just as I predicted he would.

BOOOOM

He'll be trembling next time he faces him, maybe in the deciding game 5. Wacha is not that good.

And this Joe Kelly scuz blows against lefties....I mean he gets his ass handed to him by lefthanded batters. So look for a few hits for Ortiz tonight, one home run, about 4 RBIs. Victorino switches, Drew bats left, Ellsbury bats left. Bad matchup for Kelly. The whole DH thing is no big deal....just means you have Naps off the bench later if they need him but it will be no factor as Papi has proven to be solid at first in the postseason.

As I said earlier in this thread, the Peavy signing was genius not only because it stabilized the rotation, but you get a dominant righty veteran on the staff to come in for a game 3.....on the road (won't face him one iota) and oh yeah....he's pitched in the NL. So he knows pussy NL baseball and has taken care of the Cardinals and has played in STL. And he can hit- he even batted .265 one year. Wouldn't that be a hoot if Peavy got a key base knock off Kelly? :lol:

You're digging the hole deeper for yourself by flapping your gums, Jay. Why make it worse on yourself?
I said the Cards would get one lucky win and they did. It will be Boston in five.

Ellsbury base hit, steal, easy 1-0 lead in first as Kelly struggles vs. the lefties. Paps delivers a blow around the 5th to really fuck up his world. Peavy 7 innings, no fear of the geeky cheering Cardinal fans, nailing the fuck out of his locations all night, even getting a hit. And Uehara seals it up in the 9th. I guarantee a Boston win this evening, 5-1. After tonight two to go and you can all do a mass exodus from the MLB forum.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

This is setting up to be the dramatic 9th inning win for the Sawx....Peavy and bullpen untouchable tonight, leave it up to Paps to hit the death blow in the 9th and then Uehara save it.

Sox up 3 games to 1 this time tomorrow night....how does that settle with you Jay? Face it Boston is built for October as usual and St. Louis simply isn't. Well, maybe for winning a division series but they are outmatched here. Even in an NL park ('sup, Papa Willie?) they prove they can still kick an NL team's ass at their rules. Set up at 2-2 now for Paps to blow this thing open for Boston. You can't fuck with the beards.