Wow, Iowa State got fucked

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Wow, Iowa State got fucked

Post by Killian »

Just saw the call at the end of the game. No whistle had blown, his knee wasn't down, and ISU rips the football away. Called him down by contact on the field, reviewed and upheld. That was terrible.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Wow, Iowa State got fucked

Post by MuchoBulls »

Horrible call
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Piss poor mechanics if he is in fact saying forward momentum stopped. The player clearly wasn't down, but if the crew said the whistle blew due to forward progress, what was the review for?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian

Post by Killian »

That's what I didn't get. You see the ISU player start to run with the ball, then hear the whistle. I figured there was a whistle prior that you didn't hear, implying that progress was stopped. But your point is correct; why the review? You can't review if forward progress was stopped, so were they reviewing if he was down? If so, it's clear he was not. And when they ran the replay with no announcers, only game sound, the first whistle happens after ISU has the ball.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Papa Willie wrote:Shit call.
Any of y'all watch UCLA/Utah? :shock:
Just another ho hum horrifically officiated game that we've come to expect here in the Pac....

Sucks that we lost our starting left tackle for the year with a broken ankle. Crappy game that doesn't boost my confidence after our bye week vs. Kal next Saturday.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Pac12 football is completely unwatchable, BTW. Too late at night for one thing. I watched the first half of the UCLA game and then switched to Nashville on my DVR.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:Pac12 football is completely unwatchable, BTW.

Absolutely.

It's all about the Three Yards and a Cloud Of Punts ball the Upper Midwesterners play... that's where it's at.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Imagine...Missouri, A&M, Colorado, and Nebraska..jumpin' ship to get away from the Orange Horde, and their preferential treatment in the conference.
Iowa St. doesn't have the option, so condom up boys!
EZ now Horn-fan..the nation is noticing too..Don't kill the messenger. :P
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Texas football is a dumpster fire. Mack Brown has gone delusional, the players suck, and the LHN curse is in full effect. They created this monster and now they have to live with it. ISU did get screwed, but if they let Case McCoy pass for 240 yards then they deserve to lose.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

ISU in no way deserved to lose. Just another horribly officiated game, where the refs were able to determine the outcome.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:It's all about the Three Yards and a Cloud Of Punts ball the Upper Midwesterners play... that's where it's at.
What was wrong with Saturday's prime time tilt? It had everything you want in a BTPCF game, just the right amount of offense and defense as well as a perfectly timed screw job by the refs at the end to ensure that the Big 10's cash cow remained undefeated.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Screw job?

You mean when he knelt to pick up the ball...isn't he considered down (his knee was down when he grabbed the ball)? I'll let lefty chime in on that... And from what I could tell the line to make was the 34 not the 33 where they had the yellow line...

:meds:
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Cornhusker wrote:Imagine...Missouri, A&M, Colorado, and Nebraska..jumpin' ship to get away from the Orange Horde, and their preferential treatment in the conference.

Kinda funny to see you talking about preferential treatment today, when the same could be said about NU back in the day. Remember Wiggins kicking the ball to send the Mizzou game to overtime and going on to win a share of the NC? Dude admitted to kicking it on purpose.

Or NU bitching about the Big XII schedule in 1996 and using the schedule as a bargaining piece against prop 48. Funny how NU got to avoid both Texas and ATM in the first two years of the Big XII regular season.

Then there is Dr Tom withholding evidence in a police investigation of a shooting involving one of his players, Tyrone Williams. Dude took the gun alleged to have been used and locks it away, and later admitting that the police were "most likely" looking for said gun. Of course nothing would happen to Dr Tom.

See also Colorado getting an extra down against Mizzou to help them win a share of the NC in 1990. There was also a phantom holding call in their game against Texas that season that called back a Texas TD in the 4th quarter that would have tied the score.

Funny thing about preferential treatment is people tend to only bitch about it when they are no longer receiving it.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Screw job?

You mean when he knelt to pick up the ball...isn't he considered down (his knee was down when he grabbed the ball)? I'll let lefty chime in on that... And from what I could tell the line to make was the 34 not the 33 where they had the yellow line...

Let me get back to you on that one. I have the game on DVR, but haven't watched it yet as I was busy at my game Saturday evening.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:Imagine...Missouri, A&M, Colorado, and Nebraska..jumpin' ship to get away from the Orange Horde, and their preferential treatment in the conference.

Kinda funny to see you talking about preferential treatment today, when the same could be said about NU back in the day. Remember Wiggins kicking the ball to send the Mizzou game to overtime and going on to win a share of the NC? Dude admitted to kicking it on purpose.

Or NU bitching about the Big XII schedule in 1996 and using the schedule as a bargaining piece against prop 48. Funny how NU got to avoid both Texas and ATM in the first two years of the Big XII regular season.

Then there is Dr Tom withholding evidence in a police investigation of a shooting involving one of his players, Tyrone Williams. Dude took the gun alleged to have been used and locks it away, and later admitting that the police were "most likely" looking for said gun. Of course nothing would happen to Dr Tom.

See also Colorado getting an extra down against Mizzou to help them win a share of the NC in 1990. There was also a phantom holding call in their game against Texas that season that called back a Texas TD in the 4th quarter that would have tied the score.

Funny thing about preferential treatment is people tend to only bitch about it when they are no longer receiving it.
Let’s not worry about preferential treatment and call it what it is: shitty officiating.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I agree. This is far worse than the ASU Wisky play.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

There are different shades of shitty.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Sure, Wisky didn't help themselves at all, and ISU couldn't do a damn thing about it.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And in both cases we had shitty officiating deciding ballgames. Unacceptable.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:And in both cases we had shitty officiating deciding ballgames. Unacceptable.
Typical cunt--bitching about something without offering any solutions. Get lost in the crossfire of a drive-by, twat.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:And in both cases we had shitty officiating deciding ballgames. Unacceptable.
Typical cunt--bitching about something without offering any solutions. Get lost in the crossfire of a drive-by, twat.
Solutions? Seriously? What a simple-minded little fuck you are. Hire better officials and weed out the bad ones.

BTW, drive-bys don't typically involve crossfire. Moron.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: BTW, drive-bys don't typically involve crossfire.
Maybe on an interstate?
A drive-by on an interstate? You'd be driving by awfully fast. Be tough to zero in on a target.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
Solutions? Seriously? What a simple-minded little fuck you are. Hire better officials and weed out the bad ones.

BTW, drive-bys don't typically involve crossfire. Moron.

So, if it is so easy and as simple as that why don't you become part of the solution. As I have said now for at least 10 years, I will pay your first year expenses with your local chapter. Dues, clinics, uniform, etc. You just have to work a full year. And if you don't feel like you can keep up on the field, there is still a place for you pulling chains or timing. So what do you say?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Left Seater wrote:
buckeye_in_sc wrote:Screw job?

Let me get back to you on that one. I have the game on DVR, but haven't watched it yet as I was busy at my game Saturday evening.

So after watching the play multiple times there are two things that stand out. First, the camera angles from left side of the offense and from behind the offense show nothing on the forward progress of the ball. Where is the camera shot from the right sideline of the offense? Second, the only official with a good look at it is the HL at the top of the screen or right sideline of the offense. When the DE comes in and starts ripping at the ball the clears a line of sight to the QB for the HL. Based on his spot the QB was well short.

As for the QB's knee being down and therefore the play should have been blown dead. There is no doubt the QB's left knee touched the ground just briefly. However, from the ground level replay from behind the offense he was not in possession of the ball while his knee was on the ground. Just touching the ball is not possession. He did not gain control of the ball until after his knee was back off of the ground. Also just a note that he gained possession of the ball while the ball was still on the ground, but after the knee came off the grass.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Lefty, what’s the deal on advancing a fumble on 4th down? Because it was behind the line of scrimmage, was this not an issue? Or was it because the QB recovered his own fumble?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

On 4th down only the player who fumbled the ball can recover the fumble and advance it. So let's say #10 fumbles and his teammate #20 recovers the fumble and starts running, the play will be blown dead at the spot of the fumble recovery by #20.

In the NW vs OSU game though this would not apply. The QB did not clearly possess the ball after receiving the snap. The snap is considered a backwards pass. So in that case anyone could recover and advance.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:So, if it is so easy and as simple as that why don't you become part of the solution. As I have said now for at least 10 years, I will pay your first year expenses with your local chapter. Dues, clinics, uniform, etc. You just have to work a full year. And if you don't feel like you can keep up on the field, there is still a place for you pulling chains or timing. So what do you say?
Yes, because the chain-pullers and clock operators have been such a big part of the problem, you disingenuos tub of goo.

We get it. You're a big-time apologist for thoroughly incompetent officials. Professional courtesy and whatnot.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Just like I expected and verification of Screwy's post. You just want to sit back and bitch.

While we know you couldn't cut it on the field, if you went and got involved that would allow other younger and capable officials to move down to the field from the press box or off of the sideline.
Goober McTuber wrote:

We get it. You're a big-time apologist for thoroughly incompetent officials. Professional courtesy and whatnot.

Wrong. Clearly you only read what you want to believe. Look no further than this thread.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:Just like I expected and verification of Screwy's post. You just want to sit back and bitch.

While we know you couldn't cut it on the field, if you went and got involved that would allow other younger and capable officials to move down to the field from the press box or off of the sideline.
Goober McTuber wrote:

Wrong. Clearly you only read what you want to believe. Look no further than this thread.
So this is your argument? That you can’t possibly criticize a situation involving someone’s performance unless you’re willing to do the job yourself?

Let’s say that the garbage truck comes by once a week. Every week when they pick up your trash, they get half of it in the truck and the other half gets scattered across your driveway. Some people might think to call the sanitation department and complain. Not Lefty. He’s going down to their office and offer to do the job himself.

Can you say “disingenuous”? I knew you could.

As for your suggestion that your position in this thread somehow proves your impartiality? Hardly. Even a knee-jerk apologist like yourself knows that you sometimes have to pick your battles. No matter how hard you look, the video evidence in this case eliminated the possibility of placing even a small portion of blame anywhere except on the officials.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber wrote:
As for your suggestion that your position in this thread somehow proves your impartiality? Hardly. Even a knee-jerk apologist like yourself knows that you sometimes have to pick your battles. No matter how hard you look, the video evidence in this case eliminated the possibility of placing even a small portion of blame anywhere except on the officials.

First this is just one of many where I have said the officials had some blame. See also, the Wisky v ASU, ATM vs Bama, K-State vs Texas and possibly Taco Tech vs TCU. But part of your problem is you don't fully understand the rules and just snipe from what you think is fact. It would be different having this conversation with Killian, Blind, Mucho, Frozen, all of whom completely understand the rules. You clearly are not one of those people.

Goober McTuber wrote:Let’s say that the garbage truck comes by once a week. Every week when they pick up your trash, they get half of it in the truck and the other half gets scattered across your driveway. Some people might think to call the sanitation department and complain. Not Lefty. He’s going down to their office and offer to do the job himself.
See you would call and bitch and moan just like you are doing in this thread. Heaven forbid you got out of the freaking rocking chair and picked up any trash on your own driveway. That is the difference, I would just pick up said trash from my driveway and put it back in my own garbage can as I was moving it back to its spot in the side yard. I would also make sure my garbage was in a closed garbage bag so as to make it harder to spread across the driveway.

You = lazy, bitch, complain, snipe, let someone else do the work
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Let’s say that the garbage truck comes by once a week. Every week when they pick up your trash, they get half of it in the truck and the other half gets scattered across your driveway. Some people might think to call the sanitation department and complain. Not Lefty. He’s going down to their office and offer to do the job himself.
See you would call and bitch and moan just like you are doing in this thread. Heaven forbid you got out of the freaking rocking chair and picked up any trash on your own driveway. That is the difference, I would just pick up said trash from my driveway and put it back in my own garbage can as I was moving it back to its spot in the side yard. I would also make sure my garbage was in a closed garbage bag so as to make it harder to spread across the driveway.
You really are this stupid, aren't you?

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Just calling a spade a spade. Sorry you don't like it.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I really don't mind that you're that stupid. Nor am I shocked.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Left Seater wrote:Remember Wiggins kicking the ball to send the Mizzou game to overtime and going on to win a share of the NC? Dude admitted to kicking it on purpose.
See also Colorado getting an extra down against Mizzou to help them win a share of the NC in 1990.
Gah!

Thanks for reopening old wounds. I didn't watch that CU game and had no idea what had happened until much later.

But I was watching that Nebraska game in a local bowling alley bar that was packed shoulder to shoulder. I don't think any sports event in my lifetime ever hurt (or pissed me off) as much as that one did. IIRC, NU was ranked #1 at the time... and we had them beat, fair and square. It was 4th fucking down, the game was over...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

local bowling alley bar......god bless ya Wags.

as supposed to a corporate chain bowling alley bar?

those do exist, in year 2013 btw. nightmare kitsch america.....tough to be on the cutting edge of retro...

i remember watching that game. MIZ got hosed.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"