The Hunt for Blue October

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Truman
Eternal Scobode

The Hunt for Blue October

Post by Truman »

Three out with six to go...

It's been a helluva ride this season, but it looks like we're gonna come up a game-or-two short. No way Cleveland gags up their lead against the Chisox and Twinks in their final six.

That said, it feels good to actually care about this team again this late in the season. Erase a 4-22 May, and we're still in the discussion. It gives us hope for what next year could bring... Provided, of course, our starting rotation and bullpen can duplicate this year's effort, and the timely hitting doesn't wait to become timely until June. Still, it's been fun watching Hosmer become, well, Hosmer...

Maxwell's walk-off grand slam in the 10th Sunday, Salvy's double in the 12th last night, and Gordo's two late-game lasers to cut down potential winning runs the last two games (he has 17 outfield assists on the season - can you say "third straight gold glove?") tell you all you need to know about the resiliency of this team.

Their gonna do their part to make Cleveland earn it. Let's see if the Tribe does. This week oughtta be a helluva lotta fun.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Re: The Hunt for Blue October

Post by Truman »

Rats. What a difference a bad night makes. Four out with five to go...

Francona is nails. Sat out at the K last Tuesday night and watched him manage his ass off with multiple situational pitching changes in an effort to steal one from the Royals. That, in my mind, delivered the Wild Card to the Tribe - with a bit of help from Ned Yost's brain-dead curious late-inning pitching decisions...

And while I should be rooting for you guys as the underdog, Sammy, I can't. Chris Perez erases any good will I may have for your team. If there was ever a guy I would root for to go all-Donnie Moore after giving up a deciding walk-off jack in the Wild Card, it would be him.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Been an enjoyable season, to say the least.

Never mind what he can do with the bat (and is only going to get better) Salvy may be the best defensive catcher I've ever seen. He's simply a monster back there and a pleasure to watch as he controls a game.

Most casual fans don't pay much attention to what a catcher does behind the plate. But you ask any coach or manager at just about any level, they'll tell you how important that position is.

Salvadore Perez deserves a Gold Glove this year, the first of many more to come.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

ELIMINATED[/PSU]

*sigh
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

I for one am very pleased with the results from this season. 80+ wins, great pitching that kept us in damn near every game, a great bunch of likable guys, and some very memorable moments. I attended 3 games this year, more than any since 94, and watched/listened to about 145 games. Watching the game now as I henpeck. Monday, I will start counting down until pitchers and catchers report.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

KC is one year away from being one year away.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

They were one bad month away from being there this year. 4-22 in May or some ridiculous number like that. They were over .500, well over, every other month and had the best record (I think, no I'm not looking that shit up) against the AL Central of any team in the league.

Like dave, I also went to 3 games this year. All in May, all losses. :brad:
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Nine games attended here, from the Home Opener to Maxwell's season-ending walk-off salami last Sunday. I hate the end of baseball season...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:KC is one year away from being one year away.

They need another middle of the order bat...probably a RF...and get a full year of production from Hosmer and Moustakas. Hosmer was really good in the second half and Moustakas never seemed to get it going. I think the pitching is there...the bullpen is great.