Fanhome Poll - Stadiums

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Which stadium is the bestest in the whole wide world?

Kyle Field
27%
Touchdown Jesus
18%
Tennetraz
No votes
Flori-duh
No votes
LSU
No votes
Skers
9%
Free Shoes U
27%
Bama
No votes
Auburn
18%
Georgia
No votes

Total votes: 11

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Fanhome Poll - Stadiums

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

They all suck.

sin

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

How about none of them.

What a fucking joke for a poll. I have been to numerous of those stadiums. Been to all but 2 of the "top ten" (Tiger and Neyland) on that poll. Auburn and Bama while having tradition their stadiums are two of the biggest dumps I have ever seen. Jordan-Hare is probably the worst college football stadium I have been to a game at.

Nebraska's Memorial field has been falling apart for years now. Their fanbase has clammoring for years for numerous upgrades.

Doak Walker is big and nasty.

Kyle Field, Notre Dame, and Georgia are nice stadiums and deservant of being the top 10. The rest on the list as far as the top ten I can personally atest to the fact that Owen Field at Memorial Stadium in Norman not only is larger, has more tradition (maybe people will recall "The Game of The Century, 39 conference titles, 2nd most consensus AAs on any college football field, ect.) than just about everyother school at the top of the list.

Memorial field isn't even mentioned on that list but Autzen, Mitchie, DKRl(wtf?????), Falcon (wtf????), Lavell, and BUlldog (Fresno strate, WTF!?!?!?) are all nicer, more tradition, and seating capacity than Memorial in Norman, riiiiiiiiiiight.

As I said I have been to a number of those stadiums and the list is a joke. Papa John's Stadium in nicer and more atmosphere than most of those shitholes they have on the list.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

They take more into account than just aesthetics.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

IndyFrisco wrote:They take more into account than just aesthetics.
I noticed what they took into account. Atmosphere, History, Tradition, and Arch (architecture). For anyone that hasn't been to Memorial field since 2002 then I can assure you that you would be hard pressed to find a stadium that conforms to the surroundings and beauty that Memerial in Norman does. I have taken friends and family (in laws that are Bama and Aubrun fans) and almost uniformly state that Memorial field is one of the nicest stadiums in college football and far superior to their own. My uncle went to the OU/Bama game when they visited and complained about construction on going. I got him to join us for the Nebbish game (also a rendevous with his parent in laws) and stated that he wished that the schedule had been flipped and the Bama fans could have experinced football in a true venue where the game was meant to be played as opposed to the "shitholes" they still have in Bama.

Are you telling me that these stadiums have more or better of all these catagories than Memorial field in Norman??? If so I must laugh at you for it. Its not like I am a novice and never been to games at many of these places. A number of the stadiums selected definatly deserve to be there a number more of them definatly don't deserve to be so. I can think a couple of stadiums left off the list that are far more deservant than those on the list, I mentioned 2 of them already.

This article is just another reason why Dennis Dodd has no credibilty with me.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

one these lists is a couple years old (before remodel/expansion of Memorial in Norman)--and makes the rounds in the off-season. there is also some problem in the total breakdown involving Owen Field and Folsom--in which the "Tradition" element is reversed--or something like that. I forget.

FWIW, i really dig Folsom. It's not Owen Field and I'm a Sooner through and through but i catch a couple CU games each year with Buff friends/even had season tix for a while. Folsom, for a small stadium, is sweet--sitting on the east side with a view up and down the front range on a fall afternoon is pretty cool. fans are kind of lame, but that's to be expected.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

The article isn't even current...he makes note of Gene Deckerhoff (Seminole and TB Bucs Radio) finally getting a ring with the Bucs THIS year.

"This year he got his ring with Tampa Bay. You deserve it, Gene."

Sin,

Outdated fuckup
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Okay I noticeds the date but still some of these stadiums still have no buisness on the list regardless of the year it was published.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

That's the stupidest fucking poll I've ever seen.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

We don't have a Doak Walker stadium but we do have a Doak Cambell stadium.

sincerely, FSU
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Nolesy wrote:We don't have a Doak Walker stadium but we do have a Doak Cambell stadium.

sincerely, FSU
Correction noted. My screw up. Should have been paying better attention. Still the statement stands, big and nasty. I hear your own fanbase describe it as such as well. It wouldn't take to much though to improve upon it. Beutiful architecture and a very nice size but it is still a nasty ass stadium IMHO.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Suncoaster, not looking to enter a pissing contest with you but I am curious. What is it you don't like.

I love the arch. The bricks, the jumbo tron and the athletic clubterrace. Though I do admit some times the size seems to leave a surrealistic feeling. My seats are on the 7th row from the field and I do tend to get a little sea sick when I look up and see every one doing the chop.

the fields drainage sucks. example 2003 Miami game.

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Nolesy wrote:We don't have a Doak Walker stadium but we do have a Doak Cambell stadium.

sincerely, FSU
Correction noted. My screw up. Should have been paying better attention. Still the statement stands, big and nasty. I hear your own fanbase describe it as such as well. It wouldn't take to much though to improve upon it. Beutiful architecture and a very nice size but it is still a nasty ass stadium IMHO.
Doak is a sight to see. Touchdown Jesus is the only place that can match it.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Nolesy wrote:Suncoaster, not looking to enter a pissing contest with you but I am curious. What is it you don't like.

I love the arch. The bricks, the jumbo tron and the athletic clubterrace. Though I do admit some times the size seems to leave a surrealistic feeling. My seats are on the 7th row from the field and I do tend to get a little sea sick when I look up and see every one doing the chop.

the fields drainage sucks. example 2003 Miami game.
I said that the architecture was beautiful. The Bowl styled stadium combined with the size does make it a bit surreal but this isn't much of a problem for me. The game attended there I was pretty high up, surprised me that the view wasn't that bad either. The stadium just appeared very "dirty" to me. Like I said a few minor changes or clean up would dramatically change my impression of the stadium, much like the situation with the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. A couple of years when Bob came to Norman OU made a number of similar changes (before the expansion) and it greatly improved my perception of our stadium. I'm sure it may be a bit of a homer call but I think that current Memorial Field in Norman is the nicest stadium in the country now. Thats not to say that other stadiums (i.e. Kyle Field) don't have arguments to be made in their favor.

No pissing match intended on this end either. Just stating my poerception of your venue. Like I said a few monior improvements and FSU is right up there with the best of them but I just don't perceive them that way currently.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Rather than edit I'll just state that I can't type for shit today :?
SEC Ballsucking Homer
Meatgrinders 'R Us

Post by SEC Ballsucking Homer »

Any chance we can have thj option to vote by conference?

I'd have to go with the SEC.
There is no other conference.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SEC Ballsucking Homer wrote:Any chance we can have thj option to vote by conference?

:roll:
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

. Like I said a few monior improvements and FSU is right up there with the best of them but I just don't perceive them that way currently.[/quote

By a few minor improvements do you mean...... immediatly hosing the seats off after the college kids blow chunks all over them or not allowing Miami fan to piss in the sinks in the head. They do that even when urnials are open.

As far as the "dirty" look, we really can't do anything about that when Gator fan rolls into town .

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

It would be nice if he explained the criteria a little better. What, exactly, is the difference between "History" and "Tradition," for example?
"Keys, woman!"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

88 wrote:How the authors could omit Ohio Stadium from that list escapes me. It is one of the largest, filled to capacity, on-campus stadums in the country, and it gets no love. Just like me.
Yeah, I'm convinced Dodd intentionally left OSU off the list. As far as history/tradition (built 1922, Snow Bowl, Jesse Owens, Paul Brown, Woody, Script Ohio, etc.), architectural design (classic Roman coliseum), and seating capacity (105,000+) go, Ohio Stadium is one of the elite sports stadiums in the country.
Last edited by L45B on Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

SEC Ballsucking Homer wrote:Any chance we can have thj option to vote by conference?

TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Nolesy wrote:. Like I said a few monior improvements and FSU is right up there with the best of them but I just don't perceive them that way currently.[/quote

By a few minor improvements do you mean...... immediatly hosing the seats off after the college kids blow chunks all over them or not allowing Miami fan to piss in the sinks in the head. They do that even when urnials are open.

As far as the "dirty" look, we really can't do anything about that when Gator fan rolls into town .

:lol:
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Albeit in two losing efforts, I'm glad I got to catch a few games in South Bend before the addition. Most intimate sporting experience I've had the pleasure of seeing.

WAR sitting on a folding chair in the endzone.

Of course, the addition was a good thing. We finally started winning there.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

Have you even ever stepped foot in Jordan Hare SCS?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

IMO, Beaver stadium has really lost a lot of character since the additions. It was a battleship grey behemoth for so long, with a very simple scoreboard and nothing on the PA except player #, yards gained, and down and distance. Now, there are ads blaring at you from all directions, ear-splitting imprecations for folks to purchase tickets for every imaginable lame ass sport, and concession stands every 6 feet. It's pretty much impossible to get a flask in there, and the security is truncheon first, questions later. I still enjoy games, but I guess I prefer the old days.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Spinach Genie wrote:Have you even ever stepped foot in Jordan Hare SCS?

Seven times in the last three years. My father in law, sister in law, and half their cousins are all Auburn Grads. My wife grew up an Auburn fan, only recently converting from the aggie brain washing cult ;) to the Crimson and Cream, bad year to do it huh :evil: ). Four sets of season tix in all. If we aren't in Norman or wher ever else OU is playing then its 50/50 I'm at the bar or in Auburn :?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

The Shoe

Sorry, I'm still pissed that it's not on the list.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

What? No mention of CSUN's stadium. It would make most high school stadiums proud. Not to mention the beer garden located in the north endzone where one could stand, get drunk and still watch the game.....