KC Royals

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

KC Royals

Post by War Wagon »

yes, I know it's early. Waaay early, but this team is for real.

just bitch slapped the Bosox in a doubleheader yesterday, ruining their "Boston Strong" pity party. They were fortunate to have won the first game of that series. It was a gift, a sympathy card. But from that point forward, No Mercy, No Quarter.

Incidentally, from the useless facts file, that's the 1st time the Royals have swept the Sux in a twin bill at Fenway since 1971.

Detroit, you're next.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Re: KC Royals

Post by Truman »

I didn't realize that Scherzer, Verlander, and Sanchez were all on the DL. If we can steal one in Detroit and come home 4-4, I'd call it a win...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you get rained snowed out.

Fuck this shit weather ruining my springtime baseball fix, fuck it all to hell. I will hunt down and kill the next person who talks about global warming.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote:I didn't realize that Scherzer, Verlander, and Sanchez were all on the DL. If we can steal one in Detroit and come home 4-4, I'd call it a win...
They let Scherzer off the hook, thanks to Moose, who should've been on the first flight out of Motown to Omaha after that error that allowed 4 runs.

Shields outdueled Verlander today and the better team won. 4-3 road trip does not suck.

You best hop on this bandwagon now, Tru.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Already on it, Wags… But then again, I was last year too when we started playing the kids every day. Haven’t missed a game yet this year.

Guess my point was, it’s their park; those boys can pitch; and we won one ballgame up there last year in 10 tries. Anytime we can get over on the Tiggers, I’ll take it.

Ten game home-stand against the Tribe, Rays, and ChiSox. Is 7-3 too much to hope for? Sure would be nice to put some distance on some folks…
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

fucking rain cock blocking again... oh well, we still need the rain.

got tickets for May 11th vs. the Yanks and then again May 24th against the Angels.

Much beer shall be consumed.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Looks like "wait til next year" is finally here for KC. That's a solid club they've got. Because of Detroit's bullpen issues, I don't expect them to run away with the division, but I do expect them to win it. I think Detroit and KC will be battling it out til the bitter end, and I wouldn't count out the Sox either.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm not overlooking the Twins or Tribe either. Top to bottom, the AL Central may be the best division in MLB. They're going to take turns beating up on each other all season, I suspect. Of the 5, it looks to me as if the Sox are the weakest.

Royals fan has been waiting so long for "next year" we almost don't know how to act now that it's finally here. There's an entire generation of fans now (my daughter among them) who've never known KC to be anything other than a doormat. But bless their hearts, they're just as passionate and perhaps even more hungry for a playoff caliber baseball team than us old farts who grew up watching George Brett and co.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

This team looks for real to me. Wins aside, I still LOVE this team. These guys are likable, playing as a team,
having fun, and starting to make this town pay attention. Its May, and I am not only still watching them,
I am FUCKING PISSED when these games get cancelled for the shitty weather.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:Top to bottom, the AL Central may be the best division in MLB.
Uhh, I wouldn't go that far. It was one of the worst divisions last year (perhaps THE worst), and certainly not vastly better this year. More or less the same if you ask me with the exception of KC's dramatic improvement. Cleveland, Minnesota and Chicago are nothing special, but I give Chicago the edge over the other two because they have very solid pitching and every year always seem to stay in the hunt. The top three teams are playing good ball right now though. In their last 10 respectively, Detroit is 8-2, KC is 7-3 and Cleveland is 7-3.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

before somebody beats me to it...

good lord, this team can't hit lately for shit. They suck out loud, making even the most ardent homer cringe at the thought of watching them continually and futilely flail at pitches from mediocre pitchers.They are now being shut down by retreads with 6.86 ERA's.

What started out so full of promise at 17-10 has now turned into losing 15 of the last 19 games while the season rapidly swirls down the drain before June,fer Christ's sake.

I hate this fucking shit.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

War Wagon wrote: I hate this fucking shit.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

that story, which I've seen before, makes me love George shitshispants Brett even more.

Dude is a legend.

Would that any current or future Royal could live up to that legacy.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Looks like they are trying to live up to the legend on the feild right about now.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Looks like "wait til next year" is finally here for KC.
Yeah...nevermind.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Won 9 of last 10 now and a string of 12 consecutive "Quality Starts". That, combined with a shut down bullpen, has me dreaming again.

Brett has evidently lit a fire under these players asses because they've been playing with a passion for the game I haven't seen from a Royals team since #5 himself played. What a joy to watch, even that one game they lost in the last 10 (to Scherzer 3-2) was a well played gem of a baseball game.

Of course, now I just probably jinxed them.