Hurricane Sandy

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Post by Wolfman »

Looks like a bit of irony in the making as my friends and relatives back north may see a worse storm than we did down here. Be prepared and stay safe.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Probably the only way you could get her to give a shit is if someone created a reality show called "Real Hurricanes of New Jersey" and put it on Bravo.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

May the first storm surge that sees Chris Christy do his duty.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

The national coverage for this storm is 10 times what it would be for a Florida or gulf coast landfall. Guess hurricanes are a bigger deal when they get closer to you, huh new York nation media?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:The national coverage for this storm is 10 times what it would be for a Florida or gulf coast landfall. Guess hurricanes are a bigger deal when they get closer to you, huh new York nation media?
10x? :meds: Just more hyperbole from Left Seater, nothing here to see.

Oh, I forgot. Certainly a ESPN Big East bias, right, Spray?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Left Seater wrote:The national coverage for this storm is 10 times what it would be for a Florida or gulf coast landfall. Guess hurricanes are a bigger deal when they get closer to you, huh new York nation media?
The miricle of birth or a baby being born with four assholes*? Why would one garner more media attention that the other?

*settle down Diego
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

In Florida, the only thing that gets damaged are trailers and nursing homes. And some Jorts get washed out to sea.

In New York, the real estate costs a bit more.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

The only reason it costs more is because of the higher cost of living. A craphole in Florida is no different than a craphole in the Bronx, South Philly or South Boston. At least the trailer in Florida comes with some lawn too.

As far as national coverage Isaac didn't rate mention on the Sunday Morning Network Talking Heads programs. It also didn't rate coverage on the local news in PHX like Sandy did here yesterday and today.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Do you ever have a take that doesn't make you sound like Palin's stupider cousin? If so, could you please post one from time to time you vapid piece of Brown trash.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

88 wrote:I just drove from State College PA to Cleveland in I-80. I counted more than 500 bucket trucks and utility repair vehicles heading East. Never seen anything like it. They are preparing for the worst.

The utility companies are billing the federal government under some "emergency procurement" program to make big bucks off "weather terror" scares.

Seriously, people. Does a Canadian really have to explain to you how things work?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Hatches are barrened here at casa smack. Bread and milk stocks are high. Gas tank full. Bring it on bitch. Just lay off on the foot of sloppy wet, oak tree snapping white shit.

Now if foxnews would drop this political coverage bullshit and get Maria the weather hottie back on the screen, i would appreciate it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:Hatches are barrened here at casa smack.
Thankfully, the hurricane can't send you an invoice after it improves the appearance of your backyard.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote:stupider cousin
Wow I was thinking along similar lines. Except the above would describe you and LTS.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:The only reason it costs more is because of the higher cost of living.
Wrong. Quite simply, it costs more because it has higher value. Sorry it took you so long to figure this out.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:stupider cousin
Wow I was thinking along similar lines. Except the above would describe you and LTS.
Can I have a ruling on this Dimsdale?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Is Lefty from KC?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Is Lefty from KC?
No, but enough layovers there might have ingrained him.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Hatches are barrened here at casa smack.
Thankfully, the hurricane can't send you an invoice after it improves the appearance of your backyard.
Wouldn't mind having the one of the huge oaks within striking distance take the place out so I could rebuild on the insurance company's dime. Trouble is, those trees are on my south and the winds are supposed to be from the N/NE. I guess the maple in my front yard could go, but, that's a nice tree and doesn't hit for enough power to do the job.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Wrong. Quite simply, it costs more because it has higher value. Sorry it took you so long to figure this out.
Get back to me when you have owned places in multiple areas. Why did my home in Boston or Philly cost more than my home in Sugar Land? Values? Hardly.

If I built the same house I owned in Sugar Land, in Philly, it would be valued at three or four times the cost. The cost to build would also be substantially higher. Why is that? Because the 2x6 costs more in Philly than it does in Sugar Land despite being closer to the mill. The same granite slab from central America costs twice as much in Philly than it does in Sugar Land. Why, because the cost of living is higher.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yes because the land is inherently of higher value.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Ask yourself why that land of similar size is of more value? Is it graced with valuable mineral rights like it would be in Texas? No? So why is it higher?

Also ask your self why didn't Left Seater lose a ton of value in his home in Sugar Land when the market crashed a few years ago? Why was there a correction in prices in the NE but values continued to climb in Sugar Land?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There are a number of reasons.

Number one reason is likely that the construction labor force in teeeeehas is 99.4% messicans and 96.3% of them are illegal and work real cheap.

Another factor is that your pad in teeehas is slab on grade, much cheaper than the poured concrete walls on the basement that we U&Rers are kind of fond of.

Then there is good ole gubmint which affects it, partly with having a large number of overpaid gubmint workers, partly with over-regulatin' and partly by allowing really shady lending practices and guaranteeing them.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Left Seater wrote:The national coverage for this storm is 10 times what it would be for a Florida or gulf coast landfall.
Yeah, the possibility of 50-60 million people losing power will tend to do that.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Lefty has a very twisted take on why some property is more valuable than other property.

sin
MA
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thinking about taking a storm day today and maybe tomorrow in solidarity with my Right Coast brothers.

Maybe I could lend a hand and go help barren down the golf course.

Today Sunny, with a high near 84. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable.
Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 56. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Mikey wrote:Lefty has a very twisted take on why some property is more valuable than other property.

sin
MA

Wait. So you mean it's NOT because a hunk of granite in Boston costs way more than a hunk of granite in Texas? :doh: :lol:

You mean, it's NOT because I could own a fucking parking spot in downtown Boston (which the last time I checked, doesn't really cost too much to build) and have it be worth more than 2000 SQ FT new house in Texas?

I don't get it...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Now we are getting to the real reasons for the difference in values.
Then there is good ole gubmint which affects it, partly with having a large number of overpaid gubmint workers, partly with over-regulatin' and partly by allowing really shady lending practices and guaranteeing them.
So the lower level have their purchasing power increased via over pay and everyone pays more for the extra regulation. When a toll booth worker makes $70K a year just for handing out an entry card, no wonder that parking spot costs more than a house.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

smackaholic wrote:a large number of overpaid gubmint workers
A guy applies for a job at the Post Office. The boss asks, "Are you allergic to anything?" He says "Caffeine. I can't drink coffee." The Boss asks, "Have you ever been in the military?" The guy says, "Yes, I was in Iraq and I lost my testicles in a bomb explosion." The Boss says, "Okay. You're hired. Our normal hours are 8am to 4pm. You start tomorrow at 10." The Guy asks, "If the work hours are from 8 to 4, why do you want me here at 10 am?" The Boss says, "This is a government job. For the first 2 hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that."
"I see everything twice!"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Left Seater wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
Get back to me when you have owned places in multiple areas. Why did my home in Boston or Philly cost more than my home in Sugar Land? Values? Hardly.

If I built the same house I owned in Sugar Land, in Philly, it would be valued at three or four times the cost. The cost to build would also be substantially higher. Why is that? Because the 2x6 costs more in Philly than it does in Sugar Land despite being closer to the mill. The same granite slab from central America costs twice as much in Philly than it does in Sugar Land. Why, because the cost of living is higher.
Why is it that a staunch free-enterprise-because-I'm-free hack doesn't have a clue as to how a market works? Your home in Sugar Land is cheaper because no one wants to fucking live there. But nice excuse to get in some tearjerker about the government ruining your life.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

How come the three stupidest people on this board (AP, Duhron and LS) are all pilots? That is fucking scary.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy

Some pretty cool graphics on this if you start checking some of the options near the bottom.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Just got home from work.

They are closing the place down this afternoon until tomorrow morning at 8. I've worked at this place for close to 15 years and this is the first time they've locked it down...evah.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

These Federal employees are still on the job.

http://www.thedonovan.com/archives/2012 ... Do.twitter
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I see that they are already having to rescue ignorant east coast fucks who refused to evacuate. Brilliant.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Mikey wrote:Image
Mikey, were you trying to Free Paintboy with this pic?

B'Smack, a ruling...
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Looks like some A Merican trolled your site Duhron.
Btw why aren't you out there you fat fugly fuck?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
Mikey wrote:Image
Mikey, were you trying to Free Paintboy with this pic?

B'Smack, a ruling...
No peyote button in the hand. Paintboy remains imprisoned.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Papa Willie wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:How come the three stupidest people on this board (AP, Duhron and LS) are all pilots? That is fucking scary.

I can't even think of how bad you embarrass 88. Seriously.
I have a extra chainsaw if you need to cut yourself out of your house to get more munchies you fat stupid fuck.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

BSmack wrote:No peyote button in the hand. Paintboy remains imprisoned.
If by imprisoned you mean permanently impaled through his crotch by a parking meter in San Francisco, they sadly, yes.

R.I.P. Paintboy.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Why is it that a staunch free-enterprise-because-I'm-free hack doesn't have a clue as to how a market works? Your home in Sugar Land is cheaper because no one wants to fucking live there. But nice excuse to get in some tearjerker about the government ruining your life.
Wow you don't read much. The government isn't ruining my life. They do add extra regulations in the NE which add to the cost of living. It also added to the cost of my homes in MA and PA.

No surprise you are clueless on who wants to live where too. Houston is the 4th largest city and 5th largest core based statistical area. Additional seats in the US House also says you aren't paying attention.

Again for you slow people, the reason home values are higher is because of the higher cost of living. This higher cost is also driven by population density. NYC has over 27,000 people per square mile, Chicago 11,800 per sq/mile, LA is over 8K per sq/mile and Houston is 3,500 per sq/mile.