You can see the worm turning

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

You can see the worm turning

Post by BSmack »

First the nation turns on Sox fan in the Sheffield incident. Now we get this jem about A Rod.
BOSTON -- Alex Rodriguez saved an 8-year-old boy from serious injury when he prevented the youngster from getting hit by a truck.

The New York Yankees star said Thursday he was standing in a crosswalk on Newbury Street near downtown Boston at about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when he saw the boy starting to run across the street into the path of an onrushing truck.

Rodriguez reached out and grabbed the boy, pulling him back and preventing a serious accident.

"The kid was going to get run over. I just kind of put my arm out and stopped him," he said.

It turns out the boy, named Patrick McCarthy, was already a fan of A-Rod.

"This guy just put his hand in front of me and stopped me. ... He said 'Whoa, watch out, buddy,' " McCarthy said in a television interview Thursday. "I was like, 'Wow! Like I was shocked, because he's my favorite player on the Yankees."

Rodriguez said he also had to hurry to avoid being hit by the truck -- "I almost got it, too," he said -- which he estimated was traveling 40-50 mph when he saw the boy starting to run from the sidewalk.

He said McCarthy's mother saw what happened, but he didn't see the boy's father nearby.

"I did it and I just kept walking," Rodriguez said. "I don't even know if she knew who I was."

Tuesday was a day off in the middle of New York's three-game series against the Red Sox that ended Thursday night with Boston's 8-5 win.

Rodriguez said the boy would have been seriously injured or killed had he gotten past him.

"That was a train wreck waiting to happen," he said.

Rodriguez has often been booed at Fenway since he joined the Yankees last season. Teammate Derek Jeter didn't think Rodriguez's heroic act would make Red Sox fans like him any more.

"They didn't sound any different today," Jeter said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2037788
By the end of the year the WWBL Playoffs errr MLB Playoffs will feature the Yankees as the new loveable underdog vs the bad guy Red Sox.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Aside from his salary, I've never really had a bad thing to say about Rodriguez. I'll always have a distaste for the Yankees and their insane payroll only compounds it. The Red Sox really have been the Yankees without the championships. Both teams have myopic and spoiled fans and bottomless wallets. It's basically their league and the rest of us should be happy they let us play with them.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Rodriguez said he also had to hurry to avoid being hit by the truck -- "I almost got it, too," he said -- which he estimated was traveling 40-50 mph when he saw the boy starting to run from the sidewalk.
Yea right he saved him, what an asshole, he nearly killed the kid. Obviously the truck driver recognized Arod and was trying to get him, oblivious to the kid in the area. From now on Rodriguez should walk down the street alone and stay out of crowded areas lest there be potential innocent collateral damages.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

atomicdad wrote:
Yea right he saved him, what an asshole, he nearly killed the kid. Obviously the truck driver recognized Arod and was trying to get him, oblivious to the kid in the area. From now on Rodriguez should walk down the street alone and stay out of crowded areas lest there be potential innocent collateral damages.
That reminds me of this joke sent to me by a Red Sox fan I know.
A Red Sox fan used to amuse himself by scaring every Yankee fan he saw strutting down the street in the obnoxious NY pinstripe shirt. He would swerve his van as if to hit them, and then swerve back just missing them.

One day, while driving along, he saw a priest. He thought he would do a good deed, so he pulled over and asked the priest "Where are you going Father?"

"I'm going to give mass at St. Francis church, about 2 miles down the road" replied the priest.

"Climb in Father! I'll give you a lift!"

The priest climbed into the rear passenger seat, and they continued down the road.

Suddenly, the driver saw a Yankee fan walking down the road, and he instinctively swerved as if to hit him. But, as usual, he swerved back into the road just in time. Even though he was certain that he had missed the guy, he still heard a loud "THUD."

Not understanding where the noise came from, he glanced in his mirrors but still didn't see anything. He then remembered the priest, and he turned to the priest and said "Sorry Father, I almost hit that Yankee fan."

"That's okay" replied the priest. "I got him with the door."
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Shoalzie wrote: Both teams have myopic and spoiled fans and bottomless wallets. It's basically their league and the rest of us should be happy they let us play with them.

That's pretty funny. Say, how much is Michael Ilitch worth again?
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

It is pretty funny considering how much money Ilitch dumps into the Wings but not the kitty cats.........How can an owner of two pro sports teams be very successful with one but Donald Sterling like with the other?
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Insane photo of the scene:

Never thought I'd say this, but Shoalzie.....

:)

Shut your fukkin' trap.
AnNeg
Nighthawk

Post by AnNeg »

chowd103 wrote:Insane photo of the scene:

Never thought I'd say this, but Shoalzie.....

:)

Shut your fukkin' trap.
Ditto.

Sincerely,

All the competitive teams in the AL.
Say this three times fast.....

Hinske, Hudson, Hill, Hillenbrand, Halladay, Huckaby
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

chowd103 wrote:Image
What's with the elevated freeway?
I thought the "Big Dig" was supposed to replace that! :wink:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
AnNeg
Nighthawk

Post by AnNeg »

Who said wytching had to be historically accurate? :lol:
Say this three times fast.....

Hinske, Hudson, Hill, Hillenbrand, Halladay, Huckaby