John Cusak's washed up celebrity take on Obama

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

M Club
el capitán

John Cusak's washed up celebrity take on Obama

Post by M Club »

Dare I say common ground for most of us?

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/11264 ... PY_U.email

CUSACK: — a Rubicon line that I couldn't cross, right? I don't know how to bring myself to vote for a constitutional law professor, or even a constitutional realist, who throws away due process and claims the authority that the executive branch can assassinate American citizens. I just don't know if I can bring myself to do it.

If you want to make a protest vote against Romney, go ahead, but I would think we'd be better putting our energies into local and state politics — occupy Wall Street and organizations and movements outside the system, not national politics, not personalities. Not stadium rock politics. Not brands. That's the only thing I can think of. What would you say?

TURLEY: Well, the question, I think, that people have got to ask themselves when they get into that booth is not what Obama has become, but what have we become? That is, what's left of our values if we vote for a person that we believe has shielded war crimes or violated due process or implemented authoritarian powers. It's not enough to say, "Yeah, he did all those things, but I really like what he did with the National Park System."

CUSACK: Yeah, or that he did a good job with the auto bailout.

TURLEY: Right. I think that people have to accept that they own this decision, that they can walk away. I realize that this is a tough decision for people but maybe, if enough people walked away, we could finally galvanize people into action to make serious changes. We have to recognize that our political system is fundamentally broken, it's unresponsive. Only 11 percent of the public supports Congress, and yet nothing is changing — and so the question becomes, how do you jumpstart that system? How do you create an alternative? What we have learned from past elections is that you don't create an alternative by yielding to this false dichotomy that only reinforces their monopoly on power.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: John Cusak's washed up celebrity take on Obama

Post by Bizzarofelice »

awesome

sincerely,
last week
why is my neighborhood on fire
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Oh that Cusack. I'm sure he'll say anything.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

CUSACK: — I would think we'd be better putting our energies into local and state politics —
Actually we would be better putting our money and our power into state and local governments. At least the light is beginning to flicker on for one libtarded, Hollyweird dimwit.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.