Good ole Lame Kiffin reinstates a convicted felon !

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Good ole Lame Kiffin reinstates a convicted felon !

Post by M2 »

This is just too funny... you don't get any slimier than this.

Not only does Lame give the convicted felon a scholarship... he yanks one from another unsuspecting kid and says this...

Coach Lane Kiffin said Vehikite was back on the team -- and on scholarship -- when he met with media after Thursday's practice.

The timing of the addition of Vehikite is curious in that walk-on Will-Andrew was apparently told this week his scholarship wouldn't be renewed.

"He was fortunate to have one for a year," Kiffin told the LA Daily News.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jail-secon ... ncaaf.html
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Good ole Lame Kiffin reinstates a convicted felon !

Post by Van »

Oh-for-two, M2. First you were wrong about the walk-on losing his schollie due to the addition of Silas Redd, and now you're wrong about this. The guy who was possibly losing the schollie in your story here could hardly be described as "unsuspecting."

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/usc

USC coach Lane Kiffin ended up giving Negrete the scholarship on Sunday, and Andrew is currently without one. But it wasn't a complete surprise to Andrew -- he knew going into the season there was a distinct possibility his 2011 scholarship wouldn't extend into 2012.

"I knew it was for sure a one-year deal, with a possibility of a renewal if something were to happen," Andrew said. "But Coach Kiff was honest with me from the start, so I knew when the time came there was a 50-50 chance and it didn't go my way."

It appears they may still be an opportunity for Andrew to get back on scholarship, if incoming receiver Darreus Rogers is not cleared by the NCAA Eligibility Center within the next 16 days. But Andrew, a Huntington Beach native, said Wednesday he doesn't worry about what he can't control.

"That's not up to me," he said. "That's the coaches' decision."

He said the move gave him some needed perspective.

"I was somewhat disappointed, but it made me realize the big picture of things," Andrew said when asked about his initial feelings. "It made me realize that I have a great supporting family and I'm very blessed that my family has worked very hard throughout their life to have the opportunity to pay tuition here at USC."

Since Darreus Rogers won't be cleared academically, Andrew is going to retain his schollie anyway.

But keep trying, though.

As to Vehikite...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/stor ... -time-jail

"Simi has done everything fulfilling his obligations to the team to get back, been through a lot, and fulfilled all his legal obligations as well," Kiffin said. "So he's back part of our team."

Vehikite, a redshirt junior, took and passed more than a semester's worth of classes last spring and is "very close to graduating" from USC, Kiffin said. He took part in the university's student-athlete graduation in May.

The guy served his penalty and continued working towards his degree, so why shouldn't he be allowed to return?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Pssst.... he's a convicted FELON !!!

He was sentenced to 2 years in jail and was up on 4 felony counts... are you fucking kidding ???

Even Whoregon wouldn't slither this low.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I know, I know, never let the facts get in the way of another bullshit-filled anti-USC rant.

:meds:

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote:I know, I know, never let the facts get in the way of another bullshit-filled anti-USC rant.

:meds:

Can't spin your way out of this one... and it's killing you isn't.

Convicted FELON.

Say it with me.... convicted FELON.

It has such a nice $C ring to it... doesn't it ?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sounds good to me.

-Allen Pinkett

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Van wrote:Sounds good to me.

-Allen Pinkett
:lol:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.