Bryce Harper... tool

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Bryce Harper... tool

Post by jiminphilly »

Ok there tough guy.

CINCINNATI (AP) - Bryce Harper's frustrated swing cost him a little blood and a little embarrassment, but no time on the field.
The teenager was lucky.
Harper took out his frustration on a wall Friday night, slamming his bat hard against the side of the tunnel leading to the clubhouse. The barrel smacked off the wall and hit his temple just above the left eye, causing a gash that needed 10 stitches after a 7-3 win over Cincinnati.
:lol:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/b ... z1urxDQq00

The raccoon look needs to go too, bro.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Bryce Harper... tool

Post by Screw_Michigan »

6 games back.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:6 games back.

It's not how you start it's how you finish. You really should preface that with only 6 games back.
A team with no power in their lineup, no wins from Cliff Lee and a shitty middle relief is only 6 games back in a very tight division.

Just as an FYI:

Lee's ERA is only 2.17. Look at what he did in June of 11 and how he's been pitching. That type of streak is just around the corner.
Halladay has actually been BETTER since some early shaky starts.
Hamels is on pace for a career year.

Meanwhile Strasburg is on a pitch count and won't be around for the late year push.

Good luck with that.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote: Meanwhile Strasburg is on a pitch count and won't be around for the late year push.
You really believe that shit? Really? I don't, not even for a fucking second. If the Nats are in a fucking pennant race in September, there is NO WAY they shut down Stras for the season. I don't expect the Nats to Dusty Baker him, but there is NO WAY they'll just end his season. Period.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: Meanwhile Strasburg is on a pitch count and won't be around for the late year push.
You really believe that shit? Really? I don't, not even for a fucking second. If the Nats are in a fucking pennant race in September, there is NO WAY they shut down Stras for the season. I don't expect the Nats to Dusty Baker him, but there is NO WAY they'll just end his season. Period.

They'll just apply Icy Hot every other start to keep his innings down :doh:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

He's one year removed from TJ surgery and the arm of the franchise so OF COURSE he's on a pitch count. If they want him for a potential September pennant race they'll pull him after 6 innings in every game he pitches regardless of how well he's doing. I will be surprised if he goes over 180 innings this year.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nationals manager Davey Johnson says Stephen Strasburg could miss his final two or three turns in the rotation during the regular season.
In his first full season following elbow ligament replacement surgery, Strasburg is 15-5 with a 2.85 ERA and a National League-leading 183 strikeouts. The 24-year-old right-hander has thrown 145 1-3 innings, and the Nationals are thought to have given him a limit of 160-180.
''I think it came out that with the off days, we'd need another starter for I think two starts,'' Johnson said after talking with general manager Mike Rizzo. ''I think two starts, might have been three.''
Washington began the day with a seven-game lead in the NL East, putting the city on track for postseason play for the first time since 1933.
The Nationals followed a similar plan last season with right-hander Jordan Zimmermann. The 26-year-old right-hander is 9-7 with a 2.54 ERA that ranks second in the NL.
''It's funny, there wasn't anything said when we shut down Zimmermann,'' Johnson said.
Last year, Johnson announced a pitcher for Zimmermann's slot before he had the chance to inform all involved. He intends to change that this year.
''Everybody in the world will know about this one,'' Johnson said.

So is he also on a pitch-count in the post-season too?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yeah, my take was in May. Needless to say there they are going to shut him down, including the post season, which I am fine with because they are good enough to win it all without him.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Yeah, my take was in May. sucked.
FTFY
Needless to say there they are going to shut him down, including the post season, which I am fine with because they are good enough to win it all without him.
:lol: :lol:
The pitcher with the second most wins on the team is pulled from the rotation and you think they have enough depth on the roster to just move on without him and win the WS? Who are you kidding?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

They still have the best rotation (and ERA) in the NL without him. How's third place?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:They still have the best rotation (and ERA) in the NL without him. How's third place?
You were wrong about Hamels leaving the Phillies.
You were wrong about the Nats keeping Strasburg active.
And you'll be wrong about the Nats having enough to win the WS without him.
You can't just remove a 15 game winner/183 strikeouts and think a journeymen like Edwin Jackson is going to fill that gap, especially in the postseason.

Face it, the Nats fucked this situation up. They should have had Strasburg pitch no more than 1 game a week for the 1st half of the season so they would use his arm in the post season.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:
You can't just remove a 15 game winner/183 strikeouts and think a journeymen like Edwin Jackson is going to fill that gap, especially in the postseason.
Yeah, Edwin Jackson and his horrific 3.69 ERA.

They'll be fine. Glad to see you're all excited about me being wrong about Hand Model Hamels.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Yeah, Edwin Jackson and his horrific 3.69 ERA
They'll be fine.
4.91 career ERA in the post-season. :hfal:
Glad to see you're all excited about me being wrong about Hand Model Hamels.
The Nats and nearly any other team in baseball would take him in an instant. Especially for the post-season..

:lol: