Man, the Pac 12 is sad

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Man, the Pac 12 is sad

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

With Washington losing today, it's looking like a 1-bid league. Can't chalk it up as an anomaly either, we're talking multi-year shittiness. What went so horribly wrong?

Arizona has a ridiculous recruiting class coming in, so the Wildcats should at least be getting back on track.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Man, the Pac 12 is sad

Post by Shoalzie »

It's clearly all Reeves Nelson's fault...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:It's clearly all Reeves Nelson's fault...
Read that article. What a cocksucker. Howland is a pussy. The athletic department there is completely fucked if Howland is still living off his final four run.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

The PAC is absolutely horrible. I don't think any team from this conference belongs in the NCAA tourney.

I think the PAC has been down lately due to all the young good players go to the NBA early. That's why a team like Cal can have the best record in the conference with average talent at best.

If Cal wins one game in the conference tourney they'll end up in the tourney but, will end up one and done unless the two seniors step it up. Washington won the conference by half a game over Cal... and there's a good chance they won't make the NCAA tournament. Which I find funny as hell. They've got that Tosh karma working.

Cal and furd just tipped off... so all I really care about is bitch slapping the dorks.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Thank you Pod People from Mars: for returning our Team of the first 25 games...

I hope that you enjoyed the two weeks that you had them but, thank you for returning the originals.

furd still sucks !!!

Beating the furd NEVER gets old...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Best chance for the Pac to get two teams at this point is for Cal to play in the title game and lose, that way you've got the auto bid and Cal as an at-large. Unless Cal is already projected as "in." I'm not sure.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Did you guys read this today? Hard to fucking believe it doesn't even mention how basketball has been totally shat upon by the overwhelming interest in football. Leagues and traditions destroyed. They act like fans don't realize this shit. They are so fucking blinded by the money. Hardcore college basketball fans have been treated like shit for the last 10 years. Plus, NCAA regional attendance is down because they charge $240 per ticket at face value and they play them in football stadiums.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... 53424996/1
Yet the NCAA tournament remains a showcase, dominating the March sports calendar and pulling rabid and casual fans alike into the annual ritual. But even this crown jewel could be showing some wear.

Total attendance a year ago hit a five-year low despite an expanded field and one additional session. Regionals in Newark, New Orleans, San Antonio and Anaheim drew 77.1% of capacity, the lowest since the NCAA started tracking those numbers in 1989.

"If you're a real basketball fanlike I am, you've got to see it in person," says Ohio State athletics director Gene Smith, a former chairman of the committee that oversees the tournament. "But people are different now. They cherry-pick. They won't go to every game because you have all these other options to see the games. That's hard.That's what's hurting us."
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Best chance for the Pac to get two teams at this point is for Cal to play in the title game and lose, that way you've got the auto bid and Cal as an at-large. Unless Cal is already projected as "in." I'm not sure.
Cal just needed to win one game in the Conference tourney to get into the NCAA tourney and they did that last night.

Every team in the PAC... outside of Utah and U$C has more talent, athleticism, and speed than Cal.

It really hurt for Cal to lose their "big"(Solomon) due to academics during the season. Without Monty as the coach, this team is no better than a .500 team.

As to your point that Arizona has a great class coming in next year... their class last year was just as good if not better. Arizona is a team made up of NBA players in waiting.

Arizona just won and will play the winner of the Cal and Colorado game which is about to tip in a few minutes on (Fox Sports). Colorado gives Cal problems with their length,size and speed.

With that being said, the PAC may unfortunately get 2 or 3 teams in the NCAA tournament and water down the gene pool... where some other more deserving teams maybe left out.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Shit...

Greenstein is officiating !!!

He absolutely hates Cal... and was officiating in every single game Cal lost in the PAC this year.

Also Rastatter (reffed the furd game).
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

That windmill dunk by Carlon Brown on the breakaway was a thing of beauty. Funny thing is, Roberson's dunk from the first half was already on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays of the day before the game was even over. The Pac may be a shitty conference this year, but I'll gladly wear that crown. Bring on the Mildcats!
"Keys, woman!"
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Nice win by the bison.

Too bad... that they won't end up going to the NCAA tourney after they lose to Zona... and Cal will.

Colorado is simply better than Cal... without Cal's "big" (Solomon) .

The bison... are a fun team to watch.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

I think you're right that the Buffs are NIT-bound if they lose to UA. But they are playing really good ball right now. Whatever happens, I think Tad Boyle is a great coach (probably should've been conference COTY) and has them heading in the right direction (first back-to-back 20-win seasons in team history). But I'd be lying if I said I don't have high hopes heading into tomorrow. Winning the conference our first year in would be huge for not only the basketball team, but for the athletic department as a whole. Maybe it'd even light a fire under our sorry-ass (but still all-time Top 25) football program...
"Keys, woman!"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Looks like the PAC is finding out what we already knew in the XII... Tad Boyle can flat coach. Pity Alec Burk took his game to the Association early, otherwise CU mighta won this league going away. Tough not to root for the Buffs...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Not sure why you think Cal is a lock to be in. They have no good wins and a weak SOS.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

"Keys, woman!"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

thanks for posting that for all the Mizzou fans. We are the Champions.
why is my neighborhood on fire
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Nice run by the bison... and congrats.

After watching them lose 3 of their last 4 games in the PAC and getting blown out by the furd at home... then going 4 straight in the conference tourney, is amazing.

It's nice to have a family member to take to the dance.

MuchoBulls wrote:Not sure why you think Cal is a lock to be in. They have no good wins and a weak SOS.

Ummm... Cal has the best record in the PAC...and Cal has a better RPI number than any team in the PAC.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

M2 wrote:It's nice to have a family member to take to the dance.
That's just a little too SEC-ish for my taste (in both the obnoxious, all-for-one, one-for-all sense and the "they fuck their cousins down there" sense).
"Keys, woman!"
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sometimes... you just need to play the game.

The bison are peaking now... and hope they keep rolling.

My mom is a Colorado undergraduate... as well as a furd grad.

My life can be a fucking hell... at times.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

M2 wrote:
My mom is a CU undergraduate... as well as a furd grad.
your mom? i always figured you had two dads. interesting.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Didn't you just "shit the bed"... in the face of your "daddy" ?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

MuchoBulls wrote:Not sure why you think Cal is a lock to be in. They have no good wins and a weak SOS.

Make a wish...

We'll see you on the east-side (2,500 miles from the west coast) on Wednesday

Happy Birthday...

the truth
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Go Bears !!!

m2