Franklin Graham Covers Himself with Santorum

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Franklin Graham Covers Himself with Santorum

Post by Mikey »

I'm sure there are a few trolls around here that would love to wallow in that fetid pond as well.
Evangelist Franklin Graham called President Barack Obama's religious views into question on Tuesday, stating that he does not know for sure if Obama is a Christian.

Graham, who is the son of Billy Graham and the CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that Obama "has said he's a Christian, so I just have to assume that he is."

"All I know is I'm a sinner, and God has forgiven me of my sins... you have to ask every person," he said about whether he could say for sure that Obama is indeed of the Christian faith.

However, when asked about GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum's religion, Graham gave a much more concrete answer.

"I think so," Graham said when asked if he believes Santorum is a Christian. "His values are so clear on moral issues. No question about it... I think he's a man of faith."

MSNBC's panelists questioned the reverend's double standard, but Graham continued to draw distinctions between the candidates on the issue of faith. On Mitt Romney, Graham was again evasive, stating that "most Christians would not recognize Mormonism as part of the Christian faith."

But Graham was more willing to label Newt Gingrich's faith. "Newt's been married several times... but he could make a good candidate," Graham said. "I think Newt is a Christian. At least he told me he is."

Later in the segment, Graham also said he could not be sure that Obama was not a Muslim.

"All I know is under Obama, President Obama, the Muslims of the world, he seems to be more concerned about them than the Christians that are being murdered in the Muslim countries," he said.

He continued, "Islam sees him as a son of Islam... I can't say categorically that [Obama is not Muslim] because Islam has gotten a free pass under Obama."

Graham drew the criticism of the White House last spring when he suggested in an interview with ABC that Obama had not been born in the United States.

During that same interview, Graham also questioned whether Obama's actions and values matched up with his identification as a Christian.

"Now he has told me that he is a Christian. But the debate comes, what is a Christian?" Graham said of Obama. "For him, going to church means he's a Christian. For me, the definition of a Christian is whether we have given our life to Christ and are following him in faith and we have trusted him as our lord and savior."
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Franklin Graham Covers Himself with Santorum

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Mikey wrote:...because Islam has gotten a free pass under Obama.
By "free pass" he surely means "hail of Predator drone strikes", I'm assuming.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

That would make sense.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Not that most of the rest of our culture doesn't do a bang-up job of it anyway, but this year's Republican nomination process has me truly embarrassed to be an American.

What the hell is wrong with us? As a nation, how did we ever become this fatuously simpleminded and downright childishly stupid?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:Not that most of the rest of our culture doesn't do a bang-up job of it anyway, but this year's Republican nomination process has me truly embarrassed to be an American.

What the hell is wrong with us? As a nation, how did we ever become this fatuously simpleminded and downright childishly stupid?
I am proud to be an American. I would be very much embarrassed to be a Republican. The party as a whole is imploding in ways I never before thought possible.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

88 wrote:Has Mikey outed himself as LTS TRN 2?
It had to come out sooner or later.

BTW, I'm dying tomorrow. Or, dieing, as smackaholic would probly put it.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Mikey wrote:BTW, I'm dying tomorrow.

Sin,
Papa Willie
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
Van wrote: The party as a whole is imploding in ways I never before thought possible.
Gives you new jerk material every day..your welcome.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

BSmack, you're proud to be an American, yet you would be embarrassed to be a Republican...when Barack Obama is the standard by which your team is measured?

How does that even compute?

See, this is the problem. When the only options are to fling shit either at Barack Obama or the Other Side's Equally Inept Empty Suits, and otherwise smart people like BSmack think their team is doing just fine and dandy, we're truly an embarrassment.

Just look at the position in which we've landed ourselves. I doubt that we've even hit rock bottom yet, and still we really are and deeply deserve to be laughingstocks.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:
88 wrote:Has Mikey outed himself as LTS TRN 2?
It had to come out sooner or later.

BTW, I'm dying tomorrow. Or, dieing, as smackaholic would probly put it.
so thats how you spell that danged word.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote:BSmack, you're proud to be an American, yet you would be embarrassed to be a Republican...when Barack Obama is the standard by which your team is measured?
What is embarrassing about Obama? Pleasego into detail.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The cynical and corrupt process by which we ever came to know of his existence, for starters.

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

His Administration is the third Bush term.

...and he's not even flinching in that respect.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote:The cynical and corrupt process by which we ever came to know of his existence, for starters.

ummm... what?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:What the hell is wrong with us? As a nation, how did we ever become this fatuously simpleminded and downright childishly stupid?
What is wrong with us? Quite simply the issue is that journalism is stone dead and has been replaced by liberal advocacy groups.

After fours of completely unmitigated disaster in the White House, idiots like Bsuckoff are embarassed for the Republicans and not for the total failure he helped elect.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Bizzarofelice wrote:What is embarrassing about Obama? Please go into detail.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:

Oh yes....and the fact that the economy is worse off in every single metric than it was four years ago.

But not to worry, just plug in and relax:

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:

valid points

Oh yes....and the fact that the economy is worse off in every single metric than it was four years ago.
You should blame this economy on bubbles brought on by policies long before Obama was in office. You're smart enough to know this.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Bizzarofelice wrote:You should blame this economy on bubbles brought on by policies long before Obama was in office.
Yes, I should do that...if I was an idiot.

The bubbles popped years ago and things are getting worse. Why? Because every single thing Oplatelip has done to fix the situation has only made things worse. Things are getting worse not better, dumbfuck.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Martyred wrote:His Administration is the third Bush term.

And Bush was a bit of a Clinton clone. And so on and so on. Policy hasn't fundamentally changed since 1980.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mvscal wrote:Because every single thing Oplatelip has done to fix the situation has only made things worse. Things are getting worse not better, dumbfuck.
your sad politics are still blinding you. can't make a logical observation without your womanly emotions getting in the way.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
mvscal wrote:Because every single thing Oplatelip has done to fix the situation has only made things worse. Things are getting worse not better, dumbfuck.
your sad politics are still blinding you. can't make a logical observation without your womanly emotions getting in the way.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you? Eight years old or something?

"Logical observation" leads anyone with even a shred of intellectual honesty to the immediate conclusion that things have gotten worse since Ojiggaboo seized power. Further use of "logical observation" also leads one to conclude that Oshitskin's plan to make alternative energy feasible by raising the costs of conventional energy production with overregulation and subsidizing "green energy" has been a complete flop. The subsidies were wasted on shit companies that are going bankrupt left and right and now the raped taxpayers are getting fucked again with higher energy costs across the board.

Oh, whatever happened to all those "shovel ready jobs"? Anything? Of course it's telling that, when presented with actual, real life shovel ready jobs, he punts on issue and still refuses to move forward with the Keystone pipline.

All kidding and smack aside, you are a complete dumbshit. Just a pure shitfed dumbfuck.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:BSmack, you're proud to be an American, yet you would be embarrassed to be a Republican...
I absolutely would be ashamed to be a Republican. Their platform as articulated by their candidates is insane. Attacking birth control? Are you kidding me? Going on about deficit control while insinuating a war with Iran is inevitable? An energy policy that can be summed up with the words "drill baby drill?"

Let's face it, Obama has Jedi mind fucked the GOP utterly and completely to the point where the only positions they can occupy to the right of him are the stupid crazy positions. Shit, they are even Obama's bitches on TAXES. Did you ever think that in 2012 the GOP would be running scared from Obama on the issue of TAXES?

Now mind you, as a liberal I have not always been happy with Obama. But he is gradually pushing the center-right Reagan model into the direction of center-center. To name a few things, universal health care is on its way, don't ask don't tell is over and student loans were reformed. And Osama bin Laden is dead. Not that killing bin Laden was a strictly liberal thing, I just felt like mentioning that it was Obama who ordered the hit on bin Laden, not Bush.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:Their platform as articulated by their candidates is insane. Attacking birth control?
Stop lying, you stupid asshole. Nobody is "attacking birth control."
Going on about deficit control while insinuating a war with Iran is inevitable?

That would be your boy, fuckpuddle.
An energy policy that can be summed up with the words "drill baby drill?"
As opposed to an energy policy designed to force costs to "necessarily skyrocket"? That's the brilliant policy perscription you're hanging your hat on?!?
Did you ever think that in 2012 the GOP would be running scared from Obama on the issue of TAXES?
Link? Last time I checked, Ofuckup renewed the Bush tax cuts with nary a whimper.
I just felt like mentioning that it was Obama who ordered the hit on bin Laden, not Bush.
A hit that was based on intelligence he never would have received if things had been done his way.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mvscal wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you? Eight years old or something?

"Logical observation" leads anyone with even a shred of intellectual honesty to the immediate conclusion that things have gotten worse since Ojiggaboo seized power.
emotions

Ojiggaboo
emotions

you got nothing
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:Their platform as articulated by their candidates is insane. Attacking birth control?

Bugger off you stupid twat.

http://news.yahoo.com/states-attack-oba ... 01014.html

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:

Bugger off you stupid twat.

http://news.yahoo.com/states-attack-oba ... 01014.html
Still can't stop lying, huh? I guess you really don't have any choice, do you? You certainly can't argue the issue on its merit.

Of course the issue is new federal regulations requiring insurers to cover contraception not contraception itself as is clearly stated in the article you provided.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

One side, we have "THE REPUBLICANS ARE ATTACKING BIRTH CONTROL!!!!"

Not even rooted in fact, grossly misrepresenting a conservative position about minding your own fucking business (and trying to curtail runaway health care costs).

The other set of idiots have "OBAMA IS A MUSLIM WHO WASN'T BORN IN THE US!!!!"

With all the idiocy this guy embodies every minute of every day, and being one of the big (if not biggest) players in crashing the economy (putting special interest groups in charge of dictating home loans? Nice going, Clinton), that's what they come up with?

Just fucking shoot every last one of them.

Ron Paul in 2012. (Wait -- we're a nation of idiots -- they actually knock the guy for a "speak softly and carry a big stick" foreign policy, where we don't pick a fight with every country on earth).

Fuck it -- dig up Nero, clone his DNA, and hand the motherfucker a fiddle, so we have some tunes on our way out.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
As opposed to an energy policy designed to force costs to "necessarily skyrocket"? That's the brilliant policy perscription you're hanging your hat on?!?
so tell me, what exactly do you think would happen if we were to open up every potential drilling area in the US to production of oil? Do you really think the price of oil is going to go down? See, that's the problem with people in the US, they simply can't comprehend the concept of what a "global market" is.....

first, the US does not have a nationalized oil company so any new oil produced would go onto the open market where it would compete with all other open market oil (including OPEC produced oil).....I know people would like to believe that companies like Exxon Mobil, Chevron and Conoco Phillips (or whoever obtained the oil contracts) would sell the United States oil at a reduced rate out of the goodness of their heart, but that's living in fairy tale land....second, at best the US could produce 10% of the worlds oil supply, so that wouldn't be significant enough to have a long term effect on global oil prices and that's assuming the US opened EVERY potential site in the US for drilling....

there are only two ways to drive oil prices down.....first would be to increase supply significantly...that could be accomplished via increased production from countries like Iraq, Colombia, Argentina or Brazil....

or you have to reduce demand....

that's the simple economics of it....
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Of course the issue is new federal regulations requiring insurers to cover contraception not contraception itself as is clearly stated in the article you provided.
Which is no more than a pretext to roll back access to contraception itself.
Measures introduced recently in Idaho, Missouri and Arizona would go beyond religious nonprofits and expand exemptions to secular insurers or businesses that object to covering contraception, abortion and sterilization.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:second, at best the US could produce 10% of the worlds oil supply, so that wouldn't be significant enough to have a long term effect on global oil prices and that's assuming the US opened EVERY potential site in the US for drilling....

If "EVERY potential site in the US" was opened, it would absolutely DWARF the countries you listed combined.

Not even a close contest. The USA is capable of providing 100% of the world's oil... easily.

Why don't you go crack a book, and come back with something factual.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote: Not even a close contest. The USA is capable of providing 100% of the world's oil... easily.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EOS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

http://dailyreckoning.com/oil-shale-reserves/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakken_formation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prudhoe_Bay_Oil_Field

Sorry whiners -- the US has BY FAR the largest petroleum reserves... I'll type slowly for you... it's not even a close contest.

There's more oil in the state of Colorado than the entire Middle East.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

"Easily" accessible?

Are you really that stupid?

Already almost half gone.

Nice try.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Wow...just wow. The collective meltdown here is pretty sad. Mostly because no one dares to address the real issue. Look, gasoline prices are climbing, and this means mega profits for the already glutted coffers of the oil companies. Okay...and the reason of the current spike is the totally fake "sanctions" and punitive measures imposed n Iran. Okay...so who's behind that? France/ Germany? Russia? ANY of the prosperous nations? Anyone at all except for the cornered and coiled Zionazi fake state? You know, the apartheid experiment posing as a democracy which holds the American congress in collective blackmail?

And why are we in Afghanistan and Iraq?...Oh yeah, the seething neocons who continue to manipulate the "liberal" NY TImes and bang the drum daily for a NEW massive war.

You have ONE issue at the core of your concerns. One boil which needs to be lanced. Of course since you're so cowed and confused that you can't even begin to acknowledge the basic fact of the matter, you're condemned to repeat your endless boring snipes and whimpers.

The various right-winf hack talking points dutifully rolled out by MAll Cop are not even worth refuting--as easy as this is. But notice that he recites verbatim the Hannity hairball of "Obama opposing the methods necessary to locate Bin Laden," a proposition so shameless and hollow that one wonders if these folks are merely blinded with fear and ignorance or are genuine traitors.

As for America's massive piles of foul and polluting oil shale, so what? Oh, that's right, the earth will heal itself and there's no Climate Change...and how dare someone "put the earth above man?"

It's time to wake up, wipe the Santorum off your face, and start acting like real men. Of course you're right to be disgusted with the GOP and the entire political construct in this nation. But that doesn't mean you have a right to curl up in a fetal position and surrender.

WW
Before God was, I am
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote:As a nation, how did we ever become this fatuously simpleminded and downright childishly stupid?
Public Schooling.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

We've always had public schooling, but it didn't used to turn out today's hordes of media-addled thought-zombies.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: Already almost half gone.

Yes, the smallest of ~20 fields on the North Slope is almost half gone.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote:We've always had public schooling, but it didn't used to turn out today's hordes of media-addled thought-zombies.
It was pretty pure in its original form. Three Rs and what not but any time you have a government in charge of impressionable young minds the natural tendency it to make them dumbed down fucknuts that don't know how to think. Logic is rarely thought and it is even rarer to find someone who cares about it. Look at this board, most posters post fallacy after fallacy and they don't even care that they look stupid to the thinking world. They get a back slap from some other dumb tard on the board and that is all they need.

Gov has no incentive to produce a thinking person and so they don't*... pretty simple.

*Unless the population is vigilant in its oversight of said gov educational system which in our case it has not been.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

BSmack wrote:
Martyred wrote:His Administration is the third Bush term.

And Bush was a bit of a Clinton clone. And so on and so on. Policy hasn't fundamentally changed since 1980.
This of course is completely accurate and describes the chilling agenda basically launched in 1980 with Reagan, the most corrupt president in history--even more than the twice un-elected Chimp. Clinton was a sociopath rapist and a complete sell-out to the agenda, and Barry the Mystery man is a similarly selling out while remaining the inexplicable boogyman of the right-wing hackdom. Is it because he's not completely "white"? :doh:

The thought that "mixfroth" Santorum is actually neck and neck for the nomination is galling and I share your horror. But...is there anyone you can name as a possible last minute "negotiated" candidate? You know, when this sick circus is forced to actually present a ticket? Anyone?
Before God was, I am